Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Artificer posted:

There is an isekai thread? You mean the isekai and vrmmo thread?

Yes the isekai thread is the one called isekai thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

HellCopter posted:

I guess I should just stay away from Imitation Crystal manga unless I want to feel bad huh
That was a very engaging read though.

You might be more inclined towards the current series of their being translated Game Club. About a high school club dedicated to playing games and eventually making one of their own. This is by far the saddest thing to happen

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh yeah, that was a fun mechanic. I remember it from Rescue Rangers on the NES.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

You might be more inclined towards the current series of their being translated Game Club. About a high school club dedicated to playing games and eventually making one of their own. This is by far the saddest thing to happen

idk, considering duck kid's fixation on making "artificial life" and the girl who just wants to do gta shooting sprees irl i get the feeling this is gonna take a real IC turn at some point

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Artificer posted:

There is an isekai thread? You mean the isekai and vrmmo thread?

There's two of them, in fact!

The Wholesome Isekai and VRMMO Thread for people that Like Isekai and .hack

Thread for posting about any Isekai you drat well please

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
It looks like Chio-chan is wrapping up.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Chio x Manama with Ando as simply the beard confirmed.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yak of Wrath posted:

Kuroki Yodomi no Hedoro-san
Kraunessa is a homunculus created from black sludge to be a "white knight" join her on her quest to assist and befriend her peers!

Thanks for this. That's a pretty bittersweet ending; I think I would've preferred seeing more of that story. :(

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
apocalypse shiba inu is pretty drat good

https://mangadex.org/title/31970/sekai-no-owari-ni-shiba-inu-to

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Agronox posted:

Thanks for this. That's a pretty bittersweet ending; I think I would've preferred seeing more of that story. :(

Nothing says End or Completed or Fin

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Brainamp posted:

Nothing says End or Completed or Fin

I suppose not, but am I reading it wrong? Doesn't Kraunessa basically trade her life for Mama Bunny Ears there at the end? Though now that I re-read it, I don't think that cat thing on the back of the Vol. 2 cover has shown up yet...

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Got to chapter 15.5 and AAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!! :cry:

Careful if you had dogs of your own.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Thank you for this! This kind of thing is extremely My poo poo.

As is this one. It's had a good run. Chio x Manana forever

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Agronox posted:

I suppose not, but am I reading it wrong? Doesn't Kraunessa basically trade her life for Mama Bunny Ears there at the end? Though now that I re-read it, I don't think that cat thing on the back of the Vol. 2 cover has shown up yet...

i think she cookie-cuttered her and give Kusahara her human nature, which is why she reverted to ooze. she isn't dead, she just isn't human any more. there's a trail leaving the room with ooze handprints on the door

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Reallycoolname posted:

Got to chapter 15.5 and AAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!! :cry:

Careful if you had dogs of your own.

:same:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new The Pharmacist's Monologue

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I binged through dededede destruction. I have no idea what emotion I am currently experiencing. :silent:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Ok what just happened I've lost the thread

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Artificer posted:

Ok what just happened I've lost the thread

The old tactician, Rakan, is Mao Mao's real father. She is the daughter of a courtesan he impregnated out of spite, because Rakan liked the courtesan but could not afford to bid on her against her other rich suitors. Rakan has been interested in meeting Mao Mao and shows up to the brothel frequently, but she avoids him. He figured out she now works for Jinshi and is trying to meet her at the palace.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Fellis posted:

The old tactician, Rakan, is Mao Mao's real father. She is the daughter of a courtesan he impregnated out of spite, because Rakan liked the courtesan but could not afford to bid on her against her other rich suitors. Rakan has been interested in meeting Mao Mao and shows up to the brothel frequently, but she avoids him. He figured out she now works for Jinshi and is trying to meet her at the palace.

how the gently caress does he know that? How does mao mao know that? Does her adoptive dad know that? What the hell?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Artificer posted:

how the gently caress does he know that? How does mao mao know that? Does her adoptive dad know that? What the hell?

Rakan mentions being kicked out of the brothel for 10 years, so the grandma who runs the place is the only person who actually knows what’s up. I’m unsure if Mao Mao knows the full story, she might just see Rakan as an unpleasant customer that wanted to buy her. I assume whatever the case is, the grandma and foster dad are in on it.

There’s probably more to it, especially if secret prince Jinshi and Mao Mao are gonna have a chance as more than master and concubine in the story, she’s gonna need some higher birth status

Fellis fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 13, 2019

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
If the comic follows the novel, there will be more explanation fairly soon. Monocle guy is an important character.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another group decided to pick up Night Owl Witch
Can Maya survive what lurks in the depths of her fridge?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Reposting my request from the good isekai thread:

What was that isekai someone posted before that was described as Dark Souls the Isekai? Was it good?

What are some good isekais/mangas/manwhas/web novels what have you where the protagonist or some friends that have spooky powers or evil powers or skills normally attached to evil characters? But are good people? I love the concept so I'm collecting a list to slowly work through.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Artificer posted:

Reposting my request from the good isekai thread:

What was that isekai someone posted before that was described as Dark Souls the Isekai? Was it good?
If you mean the gender bender isekai where the guy is locked into Demon's Souls. Title is Revival game of wandering reincarnations. It was not good. Just an excuse for some girl on girl action and violence.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

If you mean the gender bender isekai where the guy is locked into Demon's Souls. Title is Revival game of wandering reincarnations. It was not good. Just an excuse for some girl on girl action and violence.

Oh yeah thats the one. Well RIP

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This might fit in here, it's a manga about alien rabbits from the moon that die if they don't have labor to do, working for a dude that hates his job. Lots of labor relations dark humor and body humor/horror from the rabbits special abilities.

https://mangadex.org/title/24993/usagi-moku-shachiku-ka

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
the anarchist rabbit knows what's up

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

nerdz posted:

This might fit in here, it's a manga about alien rabbits from the moon that die if they don't have labor to do, working for a dude that hates his job. Lots of labor relations dark humor and body humor/horror from the rabbits special abilities.

So this is like the anti-Senko manga?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Just noticed Interrogation Princess hasnt been getting updated on Mangadex, there are several new ones on Manga Plus

RIP Princess.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

nerdz posted:

drat, I was going to suggest this and never got around to it. It's great.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Huzzah! posted:

Just noticed Interrogation Princess hasnt been getting updated on Mangadex, there are several new ones on Manga Plus

RIP Princess.

If I could screenshot the app, I'd share page 2 of the latest one.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Huzzah! posted:

Oh great, another series on a website that I can't use an RSS reader to track updates.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

My favourite gag is the Demon Lord being just a really good dad, while still looking and speaking like a JRPG main villain.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

New Useless Ponko has pages with some pretty interesting implications about Ponko. Don’t want to spoil with any screencaps

https://mangadex.org/title/36329/useless-ponko

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Crasical posted:

Oh great, another series on a website that I can't use an RSS reader to track updates.

Manga Plus is at least an official release source, so if you read there you're reading stuff that supports the author in some manner.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Does mangadex have a follow limit? I suspect that I've lost some follows.....

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The only way to track series that I've found to work consistently is to use baka-updates, and make use of the wishlist/blacklist/completed/readinglist.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crasical posted:

IIRC mangadex added some kinda system that tracks MangaPlus updates and directs you to the official page.

https://mangadex.org/title/35940/it-s-time-for-interrogation-princess

Yeah it's there. It lags a bit with the actual release but it gets added soon enough.

E: Actually it seems to be manual so it might not get updated if the admin forgets rip.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Chio Chan is oveeeeeeer