Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Strobe posted:

Yeah probably. But then I could finish this 30 Cruise Missile Kills challenge and forget it ever exists again and that'd be better.

The bridge map seems like it would be great for that, with all the campers on that drat bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Meanwhile I feel like I have a cruise missile magnet glued to me, if I hear the announcement I know I'm about to die even if I duck for cover.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Social Animal posted:

Is there an easy way to do those recordings on PC? I love how easy it is on the Switch where I hold a button for 30 second video.

Nvidia has shadowplay, windows has the xbox app and its likely AMD has their own tool that can save "Last x minutes of gameplay"

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Shima Honnou posted:

Meanwhile I feel like I have a cruise missile magnet glued to me, if I hear the announcement I know I'm about to die even if I duck for cover.
This but when I'm 1 kill away from a sick killstreak

Also when I'm running Cold-Blooded and it's the only time my teammates run next to me while I desperately try to get away from them

I'm glad some things in CoD never change because this is some peak MW2 nostalgia

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

:same:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What constitutes a 1hit kill? Shotguns aren't giving me credit.

Edit: nor is the fuxking marksman rifle thing wtf.

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 12, 2019

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

banned from Starbucks posted:

What constitutes a 1hit kill? Shotguns aren't giving me credit.

Sniper rifles, I think it wants you getting the one shot, one kill announcement.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Infected is pretty fun! It's a bit like playing hide and seek, it's nice to do something different.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just put 40 levels into the FAMAS only to look up its attachments and find out that it doesn't have a full auto attachment just now. :suicide:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

John F Bennett posted:

Infected is pretty fun! It's a bit like playing hide and seek, it's nice to do something different.

It's a wonderful, less serious gamemode in a game that takes itself too seriously otherwise. Very refreshing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best game mode is gulag with riot shields, rockets, thermite, and smoke.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

codo27 posted:

Again for the people in the back. Hardcore Desert Eagle. The best

this gets my endorsement

its usually way more effective than wahtever primary im running lol

(otoh i run some retarded rear end poo poo)

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Statutory Ape posted:

this gets my endorsement

its usually way more effective than wahtever primary im running lol

(otoh i run some retarded rear end poo poo)

I was running the M13 in regular ground war, I love to run dumb poo poo.

Still got like 8 kills (and 17 deaths, but y'know, we don't talk about that.)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

rn ive got a short barrel oden build that i dont even want to talk about either

idk if i have gotten a kill yet

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Lengthen that barrel with a colossus suppressor. It is the way God intended for the Oden.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Oh i never said I wasn’t running colossus lol

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Mr Hootington posted:

GARRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m off the Oden train after playing run and gun for a month straight. I just can’t deal with that ridiculous ADS time anymore. Even with all the attachments it’s brutal. It should be cut in half. I don’t see what the logic behind Oden and Scar taking like 2 full seconds to ADS are when other guns that are just as good at range are a fraction of that.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mr Hootington posted:

I won both of our wacky custom games last night, so I'll agree.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I’m off the Oden train after playing run and gun for a month straight. I just can’t deal with that ridiculous ADS time anymore. Even with all the attachments it’s brutal. It should be cut in half. I don’t see what the logic behind Oden and Scar taking like 2 full seconds to ADS are when other guns that are just as good at range are a fraction of that.

I've been playing more Hardcore (mostly because I feel like if I'm not running a MP5/MP7/M4 I'm just getting rocked nonstop), and even on that mode it just seems like ADS speed is king. I've done okay with the PKM, but even then I feel like I would just be getting 20% more kills if I were rocking one of the good guns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The trick is to stick a thermite on someone doing an execution and you get both kills.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Treat the oden like a dmr or autosniper and don’t play core with it

It’s a really good realism gun imho

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Manxome Foe posted:

I won both of our wacky custom games last night, so I'll agree.

You didn't even want to play!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The trick is to stick a thermite on someone doing an execution and you get both kills.

Thermite wrecks in HC KC. So good at area denial.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The trick with the Oden is to buy the anime skin.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Anyah Palace is bad in ground war too. That's an impressive achievement for a map.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Headquarters loving sucks

I prefer my game timers to mean A Thing

Literally just had my best game ever, most kills, best kdr for that many kills, a lot of objectives, etc, headquarters is still poo poo

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Statutory Ape posted:

Headquarters loving sucks

I prefer my game timers to mean A Thing

Literally just had my best game ever, most kills, best kdr for that many kills, a lot of objectives, etc, headquarters is still poo poo

I haven't enjoyed Headquarters since the original CoD on pc.

I just wish I could play realism without being throw into the moshpit and end up in a heavily slanted HQ game.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Carecat posted:

Anyah Palace is bad in ground war too. That's an impressive achievement for a map.

I don't particularly hate any map but that one, I certainly dislike the most.

In both dom and ground war you basically get backcapped nonstop.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I actually liked that map before I decided I was never doing 10 v 10 again

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
As someone who is stating the game this weekend what are the guns I should be using to git gud?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rad Valtar posted:

As someone who is stating the game this weekend what are the guns I should be using to git gud?

Kilo (starting AR), M4, MP5, 725 shotgun, Origin shotgun, all shotguns.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

this was at the bottom of the case of mountain dews

and is good for 60 minutes

use it well, whoever is fastest.

RXB7L PV6X3

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Protocol7 posted:

I don't particularly hate any map but that one, I certainly dislike the most.

In both dom and ground war you basically get backcapped nonstop.

It could be alright if it was just the palace area with some tweaks but there's a whole loving other 2/3 of a map in there.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Deviant posted:

this was at the bottom of the case of mountain dews

and is good for 60 minutes

use it well, whoever is fastest.

RXB7L PV6X3

Can we talk about your liver

edit: kidneys???

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Carecat posted:

Can we talk about your liver

edit: kidneys???

Pancreas, teeth, heart, basically all of it

Mt. dew probably more effective than the ebr

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Knife someone executing someone else then doing the execution yourself is very good.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

is this free for all shenanigans ?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone know which attachment combo out of commando+compensator and merc/ranger+muzzle brake has the biggest impact on total (vertical and horizontal) recoil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does anyone know which attachment combo out of commando+compensator and merc/ranger+muzzle brake has the biggest impact on total (vertical and horizontal) recoil?

this is a little hard to definitively answer, because the effect of attachments varies somewhat gun to gun and how important horizontal or vertical reduction is also varies, but commando+compensator is almost certainly correct in most cases

recoil testing indicates most attachments have a similar impact, the exceptions being compensator (which is noticeably more effective than anything else) and the -recoil rubberized grip tape (which is generally less effective), while I believe muzzle break and commando had about the same impact on horizontal dispersion

(also if you go to the end of that video you will see how variable the impact can be - commando + comp makes a positive difference in every case but is basically a noticeable "nice to have" for something like the M4 while it turns the AUG into a laser)

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 12, 2019