Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

FINE I WILL WATCH DIAL CODE FRAN

I watched it after Hollismason was trying to remember the name of it in here, so he gets the credit. I feel like someone else mentioned it as well? Kudos to whoever else may have talked about it.

I'm probably going to rewatch it this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

I watched it after Hollismason was trying to remember the name of it in here, so he gets the credit. I feel like someone else mentioned it as well? Kudos to whoever else may have talked about it.

I'm probably going to rewatch it this weekend.

I mentioned it here or in genchat when the new bev announced they were screening it this month.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I have a pile of Academy screeners that deserve watching but to hell with that I finally got my Return To Return To Nuke 'em High Vol. 2 bluray (and poster) from the Troma Kickstarter I backed like 5 years ago! Thanks, uncle Lloyd!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I just put a Tarman sticker on my car, and I'm usually really against putting stickers on my car :)

Happy to proudly display that juicy boy

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so Shudder coming to australia is kind of a pipe dream at this point right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

alf_pogs posted:

so Shudder coming to australia is kind of a pipe dream at this point right?

I think living in Australia is considered horror enough.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

I just put a Tarman sticker on my car, and I'm usually really against putting stickers on my car :)

Happy to proudly display that juicy boy

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Why is it that in the first ROTLD he had beautiful white teeth and in the subsequent films they’re all gross and blackened? Gimme those pearly whites please.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

Why is it that in the first ROTLD he had beautiful white teeth and in the subsequent films they’re all gross and blackened? Gimme those pearly whites please.

I guess once he escaped the barrel he developed a sweet tooth and was not able to maintain good dental hygiene.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Brains are notoriously sugary

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really should watch the sequels again since I usually just watch ROTLD, because I have apparently forgotten that our Juicy Boy was in the other ones.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

I really should watch the sequels again since I usually just watch ROTLD, because I have apparently forgotten that our Juicy Boy was in the other ones.

I haven't seen 2 but he's not in 3

e: there are apparently two more sequels released in the 2000s?? anyone seen them?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I barely remember it, but ROTLD 2 is regarded as complete garbage that should be skipped. ROTLD 3 is pretty drat good though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

I barely remember it, but ROTLD 2 is regarded as complete garbage that should be skipped. ROTLD 3 is pretty drat good though.

Yeah, I remember thinking 2 was garbage which put me off of seeing 3 for a while, but I watch the first one every few years.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Yeah it’s bad but it does have your juicy boy: https://youtu.be/zfAyKTaK6qQ

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I remember thinking 2 was garbage which put me off of seeing 3 for a while, but I watch the first one every few years.

3 owns, it's directed by Brian Yuzna of Society and Bride of Re-Animator fame

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Watch SOCIETY

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

Watch SOCIETY

But I’m at work right now.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Drunkboxer posted:

But I’m at work right now.

Being wrung dry by the capitalist system is the ideal scenario for watching SOCIETY

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Blast Fantasto posted:

Watch SOCIETY

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

gey muckle mowser posted:

e: there are apparently two more sequels released in the 2000s?? anyone seen them?

I have. They're okay-ish, but it's obvious they were shot on the quick and cheap. If you're a completionist, give them a watch if you're able to free stream, otherwise it's okay to call it at 3.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Fun Fact: Horror movies are a useful tool against many forms of oppression. Wage slavery included.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

Being wrung dry by the capitalist system is the ideal scenario for watching SOCIETY

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Fun Fact: Horror movies are a useful tool against many forms of oppression. Wage slavery included.

I forgot to mention that I work in the shunting factory and now I’ve been promoted to middle management. Thanks for the tip guys.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

david_a posted:

Denis Villeneuve

Hell no.

Mandy guy would probably do a good job of it but he already ripped off Hellraiser hard once so it might be too on the nose.

Basebf555 posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Garland get a crack at Event Horizon.

Never mind, this is it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

It's pretty clearly defined in the title, slasher is about the slashing. Hard to do good, gory slasher kills within the PG-13 rating. Creature feature on the other hand is all about the creature, that's the main draw. So you can get away with much less in the gore department.

I mean if not for the nudity, Halloween would absolutely be a PG-13 now.

I find the complaints about a PG-13 Black Christmas bizarre too, the original would also be a PG-13 now if you toned down the obscene phone calls.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Drunkboxer posted:

I forgot to mention that I work in the shunting factory and now I’ve been promoted to middle management. Thanks for the tip guys.

You this time next year:

Spoiled solely because everyone watching SOCIETY for the first time should see it blind.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I mean if not for the nudity, Halloween would absolutely be a PG-13 now.

I find the complaints about a PG-13 Black Christmas bizarre too, the original would also be a PG-13 now if you toned down the obscene phone calls.

I don't know, the bag over the head seems like the kind of repeatable thing that gets a higher rating.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I want to tacky booze wreath that Margot Kidder has in that movie.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

For all the ads I saw for it last night hyping up it's Friday the 13th release, I kept getting the feeling they're trying to boost a lackluster film by evoking a better R rated slasher.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo the intro to the Nuke em High vol 2 Blu-ray is hilarious. Lloyd responds to the people complaining the Kickstarter took so long. I was just glad the movie got finished and my name was shown in a troma movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cpJH1-nLs

E: this was Lemmy, Stan Lee, and Joe Fleishaker’s last movie too. At least they went out on a bonafide masterpiece.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 12, 2019

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Black Christmas talks earnestly about abortion rights and you think it would get a pg-13?

Edit: Man it just occurred to me how hosed up it is that Black Christmas is still 100% thematically relevant all around.

Pomp fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 12, 2019

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Gore cut of Tammy & the T-Rex is hitting Shudder next month.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3597568/gore-cut-tammy-t-rex-will-make-streaming-premiere-via-shudder-january/

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Excellent. Glad I didn't buy it because I have no idea if I'll really like it that much. On paper it sounds pretty nuts but I'd like to see for myself before spending $$$.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

Excellent. Glad I didn't buy it because I have no idea if I'll really like it that much. On paper it sounds pretty nuts but I'd like to see for myself before spending $$$.

You should have bought it, because it owns :colbert:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Basebf555 posted:

Even the clean cut is worth a few bucks imo

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The worst thing that can be said about it is 90s gay jokes, but at least the gay guy is one of the good people

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

You should have bought it, because it owns :colbert:

I still might.

You never quite know what to expect with obscure cult films though. Like, I considered blind-buying Rawhead Rex but decided to rent it for $3 instead and I was glad I did because I don't see myself ever watching it again and that blu ray was like $20.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

with a title like that and a "gore cut" thatll be an instant buy even tho ive never seen it

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The English Patient: GORE CUT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kvlt watch Return To Return To Nuke ‘em High (Vol. 1&2).