Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Crisis episode was the eighth episode filmed in their production schedule, so they had plenty of time to film stuff with Routh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

The Crisis episode was the eighth episode filmed in their production schedule, so they had plenty of time to film stuff with Routh.

His instagram made it sound like COIE was his final appearance so that makes me happy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

His instagram made it sound like COIE was his final appearance so that makes me happy.

iirc he was thanking the production for getting to wear the suit one last time. His final appearance as Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

iirc he was thanking the production for getting to wear the suit one last time. His final appearance as Superman.

The posts said he had filmed his final scenes for LoT and he posted multiple photos of his Atom suit, it was definitely a farewell to the series.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah we'll see how it all shakes out, because it sounds like the Crisis episode takes place before the season premiere. Then again, a confused timeline is very in Brno for legends.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Must have meant Behrad.

His actor did such a good job last season, some of those scenes with Nate had me welling up big time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

J33uk posted:

His actor did such a good job last season, some of those scenes with Nate had me welling up big time.

I was pretty bummed they didn't end up hooking up, it seemed pretty clear they had something deeper than a bromance going on.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
No jokes, but I was a bit disappointed that the very first thing Behrad says is a "dude no homo" joke. I get why they did it, but still not my favourite thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Courtney Ford responded to my Instagram comment clarifying that she and Brandon are indeed on the show for a portion of the season! I've never been so happy to be wrong.

And I've been watching a bunch of interviews with Brandon and he is clearly unhappy that he was written off the show and I am eager to find out exactly what lead to this.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Probably money. Cheaper to get someone new in than to keep paying them both.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Possibly, but then why keep any of the original crew? It's just a little baffling since he's one of the first "new" heroes they launched in the universe.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rather they keep Sara than Ray tbh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a terrible opinion!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Ray but he's kind of just around a lot of the time, even in Crisis he's like in the corner tinkering with a machine. His suit gathers dust and as a character he's resolving his natural arch pretty well. He started on Arrow as a broken widow looking for some way to make a difference and avoid anyone dying like his wife, for Legends he was a guy trying to make his mark and be remembered. He's saved the universe a few times over, he's found some inner peace and a family, he's fallen in love, and he doesn't even seem all that interested in playing hero anymore. So like... it sucks but I can accept it kind of easily the same way I did Stein, Jax, and I guess even Snart.

Sara on the other hand has found her purpose IS being a hero and captain of the Waverider. And her role in Crisis makes it clear they see her as the star of the show. I'm also curious to see how she might factor into the Canaries show post-Crisis. I really enjoyed Sara as Mia's cool aunt and think we should explore Sara and Earth 2 Laurel's relationship some more.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

One of the original premises of the show was to swap characters out each season, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well one major reason they don't use the ATOM suit as much is because it's notoriously fragile and the "hero" suit, the one used for close up shots, has been a pain to keep in working order consistently. They could easily solve all of this by just having Ray go home and Clark take his place though.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rhyno posted:

Well one major reason they don't use the ATOM suit as much is because it's notoriously fragile and the "hero" suit, the one used for close up shots, has been a pain to keep in working order consistently. They could easily solve all of this by just having Ray go home and Clark take his place though.

This is the best idea!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

They could easily solve all of this by just having Ray go home and Clark take his place though.

Doesn't that just reintroduce the Firestorm problem?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

howe_sam posted:

Doesn't that just reintroduce the Firestorm problem?

Not if he gets Smallville’s help to give up his powers!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or his powers are sapped by time macguffins.

I just want Routh to stick around.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Can't imagine the Super suit was cheap to make. Would think the CW would want to get more use out of it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LongDarkNight posted:

Can't imagine the Super suit was cheap to make. Would think the CW would want to get more use out of it.

They'll probably refit it and modify it for the new Atom so that they can also fix some of the suit's issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

They'll probably refit it and modify it for the new Atom so that they can also fix some of the suit's issues.

He's talking about Rouths new Superman suit.

Also Osric is like 5 foot 3, they will most likely build him an entirely new costume that he can never wear.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's a shame Crisis established that Routh's Supes' Lois is gone, because Ford would be an awesome Lois.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

He's talking about Rouths new Superman suit.

Also Osric is like 5 foot 3, they will most likely build him an entirely new costume that he can never wear.

Oh, the Super suit is probably relatively cheap for a superhero costume and they'll probably tear it down for reuse when they're sure they don't need it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They'll put it on display in the Waverider like the Batcave/Arrowcave.

You just can't see it because its really tiny.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Davros1 posted:

It's a shame Crisis established that Routh's Supes' Lois is gone, because Ford would be an awesome Lois.

She could be Lana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh, the Super suit is probably relatively cheap for a superhero costume and they'll probably tear it down for reuse when they're sure they don't need it.

Probably not, a ton of Arrowverse costumes are in storage for future use and they put them on display at cons every year. They rotate stuff out at DCs headquarters as well. There's a copy of every costume Amell has worn at the Warner archive. It sounds like Routh got one suit for his Superman this time around, there's no way they would repurpose that. It will end up in the archive most likely.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

Probably not, a ton of Arrowverse costumes are in storage for future use and they put them on display at cons every year. They rotate stuff out at DCs headquarters as well. There's a copy of every costume Amell has worn at the Warner archive. It sounds like Routh got one suit for his Superman this time around, there's no way they would repurpose that. It will end up in the archive most likely.

Did not know that. Thanks.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There was also that cobweb covered Batsuit that was just set dressing. Though I'm guessing they use that on Batwoman so maybe it wasn't made just for Crisis

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ruddiger posted:

She could be Lana.

Don't you put that evil on her!

Oh boy, just realized: Lana Lang, in Superman III, was played by Annette O'Toole, who played Martha Kent on Smallville. MULTIVERSE!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bring back old gbs posted:

There was also that cobweb covered Batsuit that was just set dressing. Though I'm guessing they use that on Batwoman so maybe it wasn't made just for Crisis

I'm pretty sure it was the same one from the Batwoman pilot. Another thing they will likely keep on hand for future use. The warner archive is huge, they dont throw away key stuff. Hell nearly every suit Reeve wore on screen is on display in various places around the world.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is this Routh Superman supposed to the the Routh Superman from Returns? If so, does this mean it’s a continuation of Reeves/Donnar Superman??

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

Is this Routh Superman supposed to the the Routh Superman from Returns? If so, does this mean it’s a continuation of Reeves/Donnar Superman??

Yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes but Quest 4 Peace never happened.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh right, he mentions Jason

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

omg chael crash posted:

Oh right, he mentions Jason

The new assumed order is Superman > Superman II > Superman Returns > Superman III > Kingdom Come > Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
The legends are going to bail out the crisis just in time to accidentally cause zero hour

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's KC inspired, they said in an interview that this Superman never lost hope and quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rhyno posted:

It's KC inspired, they said in an interview that this Superman never lost hope and quit.

Right, this Superman had a much more positive spin on the black logo design. Also he's (apparently) not in a relationship with Wonder Woman.