Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Lmao that modpud was cheating in this game too like MW:O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Kitfox88 posted:

modpud was a piece of poo poo lol

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I think she finally reached beyond her grasp during the game that she LP'd where she somehow countered iloveu's betrayal the turn he executed it

But yeah her deal was hosting games and looking at other peoples' turns using the master password. It became extra obvious when she started just going AI in any game she didn't host and experienced a minor setback in

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I think she finally reached beyond her grasp during the game that she LP'd where she somehow countered iloveu's betrayal the turn he executed it

But yeah her deal was hosting games and looking at other peoples' turns using the master password. It became extra obvious when she started just going AI in any game she didn't host and experienced a minor setback in

Oh, so she wasn't even a l33t hacker, just used the password she was supposed to not use as an admin. LOL

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I don't understand what the appeal is of cheating at multiplayer games.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Woebin posted:

winning makes the small penis feel like the large penis

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Lilli hasn’t really played since dom3 and very early dom4

Modpud was cheaty mccheaterface

Since I now know that they're different people, I can forgive Lilli for cheating, since she taught me how to probably amass mages to smash people's faces in.

By smashing my face in. :v:

But details, details. The important thing is, I learned a lot by losing to her in Dom3.

Woebin posted:

Same, really, I often cheat like a motherfucker in single-player games, depending on how lovely they are and how fun I consider dealing with their shittyness honestly at the moment. But multiplayer? Fighting other players is the whole point of multiplayer, if you cheat against real people, you're just cheapening your own experience. At that point, why even care about winning? Or playing against people anyway, for that matter. If you don't want real fights, the AI is always there for you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Turin Turambar posted:

Oh, so she wasn't even a l33t hacker, just used the password she was supposed to not use as an admin. LOL

she then bragged about how much better she was at the game than other folk too lol

Libluini posted:

Since I now know that they're different people, I can forgive Lilli for cheating, since she taught me how to probably amass mages to smash people's faces in.

By smashing my face in. :v:

But details, details. The important thing is, I learned a lot by losing to her in Dom3.

Same, really, I often cheat like a motherfucker in single-player games, depending on how lovely they are and how fun I consider dealing with their shittyness honestly at the moment. But multiplayer? Fighting other players is the whole point of multiplayer, if you cheat against real people, you're just cheapening your own experience. At that point, why even care about winning? Or playing against people anyway, for that matter. If you don't want real fights, the AI is always there for you

Same, I cheat like mad in single player games if it makes it more fun for me but cheating in MP is some pissant poo poo no matter what game it is barring cheating to skip grinding elements gently caress needing to get 45 nut shots to unlock a fun gun or amassing 300 bear asses to get a bow that lets you actually play with your friends

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Every game I wanted to hellwar Nuclearmonkee or Ramc I would not be adjacent to them. Coincidence? I think not.

Every game where they could have smashed me but didn't was a coincidence tho.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
One other thing I've been finding with Na Ba, is that mass flight really ups the stakes of every fight. In alot of fights you might lose 70% of your troops and 30% of your mages, with the other 70% of your mages retreating, but mass flight means everything is just surrounded and annihilated to the man if you lose.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

Every game I wanted to hellwar Nuclearmonkee or Ramc I would not be adjacent to them. Coincidence? I think not.

Every game where they could have smashed me but didn't was a coincidence tho.

decrepus i made a mod about bees I'm working on 1.1 version now

i got help with sprites tho

Ramc fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 12, 2019

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Hey, a question about going AI:

I'm about to go AI in a game I'm in right now, but I want to throw some gifts to the enemies of my conqueror, if I go AI on the same turn as I throw the gems and magic items, does the gifting happen? Or does gifting AI gently caress it and mean I need to do it the turn after this one if I want to gift stuff?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Hey, a question about going AI:

I'm about to go AI in a game I'm in right now, but I want to throw some gifts to the enemies of my conqueror, if I go AI on the same turn as I throw the gems and magic items, does the gifting happen? Or does gifting AI gently caress it and mean I need to do it the turn after this one if I want to gift stuff?

All your orders on the turn you go AI should go through, as far as I'm aware.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Thanks.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stick it out!!!!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
:nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud:

:nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud::nsacloud:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

real bruh moments

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

The god name is what really makes that an A+ screenshot.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
475 gold, str cap only mages with 60 astral gems worth of cursed items (eye of the void)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mukip posted:

475 gold, str cap only mages with 60 astral gems worth of cursed items (eye of the void)

Time to figure out how to put up Gift of Health!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Nope, amazons.

Will take a bit of time, which I probably won't have until the weekend.

Famous last words.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Turin Turambar posted:

Famous last words.

I've started taking screenshots, and writing descriptions, but it's insane how many unique things this nation has, and how many interdependent systems there are. I'm busy in MP also, but I will try to finish this by Sunday at the latest.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

All your orders on the turn you go AI should go through, as far as I'm aware.

Except throne captures

Source: tested

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hi I'm forums user How are u and I'm dumb enough to have played the very large game reallife to completion and won it. It was a huge game, started 6 months ago in June, and had 31 players so I figured I'd write a little report on how it went.

The world of reallife. Most nations start in thematically appropriate locations.

I played Lanka, a nation I have loved since Dominions 3. For my god I went with my favorite Lanka build: a dormant N7 B8 Fountain of Blood. That lets you take the two Incarnate blesses of Blood Vengeance and Regeneration, an extremely classic and extremely good Lanka combo. I take the Fountain dormant for extra points, and then did Chaos 3, Sloth 2, Heat 3, Growth 3, Luck 3, Dominion 6 for scales.

Blood Vengeance and Regeneration are great for Lanka for several reasons. As a nation of apes and demons (and demon-apes) all your guys have beefy hp. Then, almost all of your mages are sacred. Regen really adds to robustness on the battlefield. Another reason is the sacred summons. Lanka has two mainstay sacred demon summons, and this bless works perfectly with the extremely beefy Rakshasa Warriors. It's also perfect for the Blood 8 end-game demon summons: Danavas.

The Air and Astral paths were added by empowering much later in the game.

That's all for the future, though. Let's look at our "real life" start.

To the surprise of everyone, Lanka starts on the real world island of Sri Lanka.

The challenge and frustration of Lanka is that you're almost always gold poor. All your sacred summons have Chaos Power, which boosts their combat stats in Chaos scales but equally lowers them in Order scales. The JBBM mod that this game was using, however, boosts the effectiveness of Luck scales. I was counting on Luck events to feed me gold, which they did over the course of the game, but not at the beginning here. Thus, our expansion is not so great to start.

Feeling pretty trapped in this tiny corner of the rear end end of nowhere, and with only one way out: through Kailasa

Kailasa, the "good monkey nation", starts right next to Lanka. This makes sense, they're basically cousins. Kailasa's player, however, had actually thought this poo poo through and realized he'd be located right next to two nations that lean heavily on Demons (Lanka, Yomi). To this end he picked a combat bless for his sacreds including Solar Weapons. As soon as I discovered Kailasa's bless I diplo'd with Yomi (played by ewie). We made a pack to be Chaos Demon Friends till the end of the game, and to both go to war with Kailasa, a threat to all.

Yomi was generous enough to agree to this even though he and Caelum were already busy fighting Tien'chi

Further West at around the same time you can see that Ur went to war with Abyssia on the Arabian Peninsula, C'tis has blitz'd Machaka in Africa, and that Therodos, Arco, and Ermor have all split the Mediterranean Sea. Also, way down in the lower left corner, you can see Mictlan (Warbeard) has already rushed and killed Xibalba in South America.

The world went straight to war.

Yomi and I coordinated our strike on Kailasa, and executed it to perfection. I was happy that Yomi took the brunt of the casualties, though I think he only lost one army so they weren't onerous.

I let Yomi take Kailasa's cap uncontested. He fought hard for it, and I wanted to maintain our alliance. We consolidate our winnings and plot the next moves. There's not much to plot. Yomi has to fight Caelum, and my only real option is to attack Ur.

Here's another snapshot of a little further West at this time.

Pelagia (jsoh) has expanded all over the southern ocean, which is troubling. They're fighting with Therodos, though, which makes me happy. Atlantis (kitfox) rules the Pacific, but isn't going to do anything but sit and fort up.

The war against Ur is a pushover. With our double-incarnate bless online, several blood hunting teams working 24/7, and a steady stream of Rakshasa Warriors being summoned we are firing on all cylinders. Ur puts up a fight, but very quickly discovers how god drat tough my Rakshasa's are with regen.

We take over Persia and the Gulf. By this point Therodos has eaten the rump state of Hinnom, and we don't really want to jump into a war with a very strong looking C'tis just yet. Time to build infrastructure, research, and summon as many demons as possible.

Meanwhile, in Europe: Fomoria has solidly secured the British Isles, while Marverni rules in Western Europe and destroyed Ermor in Italy. Ulm is definitely looking like a minor power in North Europe, while poor Arco (Kremath) is squeezed between everybody.

In year 6 Mictlan launches a war against C'tis, and while the fighting is bitter Mictlan proves the stronger. Mictlan also starts invading the southern ocean, fighting Pelagia. By this point in the game Pelagia has made it clear that their goal is to build a Wish engine and Armageddon the world to death. I mean, that's all Pelagia ever wants to do, so no surprise.

Sometime around this period Fomoria launches a war against Yomi, a war that will last for years and basically keep the two of them so busy that they can focus on nothing else.

Due to the way this very pretty but very silly map is designed, Fomoria is able to use their Sailing abilities to brutal effect. They raid the Yomi heartland with impunity, and at one point occupy most of Japan. They even sack the capitol!

Then comes probably the most intense part of the entire game. Pelagia achieves their Wish engine by putting up the global Arcane Nexus, which allows the holder a cut of every magic gem spent by every player in the game each turn in the form of Astral Pearls. Pelagia also has Gift of Health and Maelstrom globals, and starts to Wish for Armageddon. Even though Mictlan and I have cut their empire down to a couple of provinces and their capitol, Pelagia seems likely to end the game through Armageddons before they can be stopped.

Yet somehow it happens. First, in a desperation move, Mictlan passes the hat amongst the remaining nations of the world and gathers a large supply of Pearls to Wish Pelagia's pretender god dead. It takes two tries, but Pelagia's Old Man of the Sea goes down and takes the Nexus with him. Minor victory! Atlantis, in a show of incredible solidarity, throws up the global Thetis' Blessing, which allows any land unit to go underwater without special gear or magic.

Since turn 55~ or so I had been enacting my own late game plan: Danava super-thugs. The JBBM mod makes the spell Gift of Reason, which turns a unit into a commander, a super reasonable 5N to cast. I built a bunch of Dwarven hammers and had mages churning out gear to kit out one or two fully geared Danava super-thugs each turn for 20 or so turns. These beautiful fuckers may not have been the most practical way to spend the resources, but this specific strategy has been The Thing I've wanted to do with Lanka since forever.

It's so much fun.

I send all of the Danava and the rest of what I can muster down onto Pelagia's cap. We storm the capitol of vile Pelagia, but not before 3 Armageddons rock the world and just loving murder global population, kill tons of valuable mages of every nation, and are just rude in general.

:siren: Here's the album of the battle of Pelagia, the battle for the fate of the world.

And with that, the threat of our age was over.

In other parts of the world: Vanheim has exploded across the Northern Hemisphere. They've eaten Ulm and are almost finished securing Western Europe too.

With Pelagia gone there wasn't much of an option other than going to war with Mictlan or Vanheim. Mictlan made the choice for me by throwing up his own Nexus pretty much the moment Pelagia died. I took two turns to prep and then launched the war. By this point the bulk of my power lay in super-thug Danavas, around 30 of them in total. I also had a couple of big stacks of Rakshasa Warriors led by Mandeha.

Going to be a nasty turn report for Mictlan.

Mictlan decides to go AI. This is a pretty reasonable thing to do at this point. We're in the 90s for turns, there's a fair amount of micro, people are really dragging out turns. No harm, no foul. What I choose to believe, though, is that it was because my beautiful

murder boys

are just

that

badass.

But I digress.

Atlantis, Yomi, and Vanheim all go AI around this period as well. Fomoria did some turns earlier. Basically, everybody but Arco, who has gamely hung in there squeezed between superpowers the entire game. The game becomes a race between the turn timer (Cataclysm at turn 123) and how quickly I can chop through hordes of AI to get to Thrones.

AI doomstacks, you say?

Let's Play count the tartarians!

Lot's of cracking forts.

And learning lessons.

But, on turn 123, the turn the Doom Horrors start arriving to end the world, I squeeze out the Throne threshold and end the game.

The world, at the end.

This was a crazy, huge, fantastic game on a beautiful, if flawed, map. I want to thank everybody who played, especially those of you who stuck around until the way late game. I was able to execute a strategy (Danava super-thugs) that I'd dreamed of doing for years, and somehow loving won the game with it too.

Dominions is a good game.

e: If I have one complaint its that Danava don't have a loving attack sprite. Somebody please complain to Illwinter, thanks.

How are u fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 14, 2019

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
This game was wild. Mictlan put a dragon on Xib's cap turn 1, I (Theredos) had my earth snake kill Berytos's chaos snake on turn 2 and on their cap turn 3, there were a half dozen awake pretenders on enemy caps in the first few turns.

I can't believe the map maker decided that having nations share cap circles was a good idea.

I built a temple and level 1 fort in every mediterranean underwater province, dwarfed everybody else on army size, and ate a few neighbours but too bad Therodos can never possibly hope to beat Pelagia UW yet I insisted on trying it anyway.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
I was Rus in reallife and I did a couple moderately significant things:

First, I teamed up with Helheim to kill Niefelheim, who had an absolutely absurd hellbless that made their massed giants all but unkillable. Unfortunately for them it required taking awful scales that both weakened their cold-reliant giants and made it hard to buy them in the first place, so they didn't have critical mass of giants when I showed up with regen bears.

Second, I cast Mother Oak with like 150 nature gems in order to spite the four or five people who had cast Mother Oak earlier in the game and I think also one other person who tried to overwrite it later

Third, I sent a Rusian Wizard called "The Red Fever" to the arena to spam disease spells at everyone.

Then I picked a fight with Vanheim and got super owned, the end.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Arcvasti posted:

Second, I cast Mother Oak with like 150 nature gems in order to spite the four or five people who had cast Mother Oak earlier in the game and I think also one other person who tried to overwrite it later

That was me and I'm pretty sure I spent like 140 on that try. Motherfucker :argh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How are u posted:

Atlantis (kitfox) rules the Pacific, but isn't going to do anything but sit and fort up.

Atlantis, in a show of incredible solidarity, throws up the global Thetis' Blessing, which allows any land unit to go underwater without special gear or magic.

:smuggo:

You forgot to mention it taking me multiple turns to randomly mail out all the magic poo poo I’d forged and gotten from events before I went AI too. :downs:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Ha, at the "very strong looking C'tis". I was very much a paper tiger, as evidenced by how quickly most of my resistance folded when Mictlan actually started attacking me.

I think the 2 most notable things I did this game were:

Successfully bait Machaka into attacking a province that I boosted up to like 45 PD, which somehow fended off his actual army. (I got a luck event for tons of money, it was on one of the super site provinces, and I was 1 turn away from finishing a fort.)

And kill a large number of Mictlan's kitted out tarts by making a Tarrasque my prophet and sticking as much regen on him as possible. He routed almost instantly, but couldn't actually move backwards, so he just stayed there not dying until the timer killed everyone.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Kitfox88 posted:

:smuggo:

You forgot to mention it taking me multiple turns to randomly mail out all the magic poo poo I’d forged and gotten from events before I went AI too. :downs:

You also attacked and sacked a Pelagian fort, under the effect of angry water at that. It was a Rohan moment in my game headcannon. Kitfox rising to the occasion despite his nature.

e: the horns sound at dawn! It's...? It's the Atlantians!

How are u fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 14, 2019

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

How are u posted:

You also attacked and sacked a Pelagian fort, under the effect of angry water at that. It was a Rohan moment in my game headcannon. Kitfox rising to the occasion despite his nature.

Don't worry, clownlp will restore the Kitfox canon.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Does Armageddon win the game for the person who casts it, or is it just a spite move to ruin things for everyone else?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Arcvasti posted:

I was Rus in reallife and I did a couple moderately significant things:

First, I teamed up with Helheim to kill Niefelheim, who had an absolutely absurd hellbless that made their massed giants all but unkillable. Unfortunately for them it required taking awful scales that both weakened their cold-reliant giants and made it hard to buy them in the first place, so they didn't have critical mass of giants when I showed up with regen bears.

Third, I sent a Rusian Wizard called "The Red Fever" to the arena to spam disease spells at everyone.

Then I picked a fight with Vanheim and got super owned, the end.

I was Nieflheim

If I recall correct, my bless was something like blood bond regen fire-shock resist, major shock res, minor shock res, major fire res

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Class Warcraft posted:

Does Armageddon win the game for the person who casts it, or is it just a spite move to ruin things for everyone else?

quote:

Here's what Wishing for Armageddon does:
Every province on the map loses 20% population. Every unit on the map has a 20% chance of being hit with an armor piercing attack of base damage 15 (+DRN).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How are u posted:

something horn of gondor idk lotr stuff

edit: or wait is this a jojo ref :iiam:

gonadic io posted:

Don't worry, clownlp will restore the Kitfox canon.

what’s this now, real life has shitted a bit lately so I haven’t kept up with new games since I haven’t had energy to do late game dom and signing up knowing you’ll ai is weak

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the sound of a underwater trumpet

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Kitfox88 posted:

what’s this now, real life has shitted a bit lately so I haven’t kept up with new games since I haven’t had energy to do late game dom and signing up knowing you’ll ai is weak

Clownlp is the game mods-3

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

oh

yeah I’ve mostly just sat around in it yeah :effort:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like to imagine Kitfox is really doing a multi-year, multi-game big ruse and eventually he will win a game where everyone ignores him by doing a super aggressive move. No one will see it coming!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

I like to imagine Kitfox is really doing a multi-year, multi-game big ruse and eventually he will a game where everyone ignores him by doing a super aggressive move. No one will see it coming!

:hmmyes:

alternatively just crash the server with pd again