Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Weembles posted:

What am I doing wrong here?

Lately my Sonarr install has been fetching obfuscated NZBs through SABnzbd, which is normal, but instead of deobfuscating the files and moving them to my sonarr directory like it used to, it deobfuscates the directory the file is extracted to but doesn't rename the actual file. Sonarr has no idea what to do with this so I keep having to go in and manually rename and copy everything.

Am I missing a setting somewhere in SAB that changes this?

I've had that happen a few times. Sometimes Windows locks files open while it indexes it or some poo poo. Is your download/processing folder set to be indexed? I suggest turning that off if it's on.

Also there was some setting (can't remember, I'm at work now) in SAB about renaming folders. Turn that off, as it also causes Windows to lock the files or something. Once I did that, it was fine since Sonarr is the one to do the folder renaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Isn't it Sonarr that does the file renaming unless otherwise specified? If you look through the log files it will show you what was actually unrared. The setting in SAB used to be just "Job Name as Folder Name" which makes it seem like it's acting as intended. Sonarr has detailed settings about TV show file names.

NZBGet with VideoSort will solve the issue I think, I switched a few years ago and it's basically been zero-touch since then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The one thing that confuses me with Sonarr is, sometimes you'll look up a show that doesn't get released quite under the same name (for example, a show title I was looking up had a $ in the name but the files had an 's') and it gives a heads up when searching saying it can't match that show to the series and it might not import. But, it was able to find it on an indexer with that name, so why would it get confused once it's downloaded? The files then imported automatically fine, but still weird. Think v3 might have fixed the issue but still has the warning for some reason.

e: just spotted something else I'm sure must be affecting other people with Sonarr.

Looks like a bunch of TV shows are coming through, possibly archived twice? First archive unpacks to the distribution folder with the normal RARset and a /Sample/ folder, but the system thinks there's nothing more to do and then tries to import the Sample (which triggers a halt if setup that way, because it knows something is wrong due to the filesize). So have to intervene and hand unpack the second set yourself to import. Happened a few times this week, but haven't had chance to investigate what was up.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 6, 2019

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

That Works posted:

What I'm having trouble with is figuring out the file structure / where things get saved to and when / how they are handed off between programs. For example Sonarr wants me to put in a folder when I add something I want to search for, but it wouldn't at that time let me put in the folder path that Plex would be looking at for its library.

To avoid programs bumping into each other use a different download directory from the final destination Plex wants. Define Download Client with a category for Sonarr/NZBGet such as "sonarrtv" which points to '/downloads/sonarrtv' and then have Sonarr move completed files to '/tv' or where-ever your series definition points to. Define a Connect that links to Plex, Sonarr will invoke the Plex library update when it has successfully moved the file to the destination point. Define Sonarr Media Management to rename the files to the spec you want that Plex understands.

Decairn fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 6, 2019

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

willroc7 posted:

What if I only use one indexer?
Hydra can be a little bit of a pain to set up and adds an additional potential point of failure, so if you only have one indexer and don't intend to add another any time soon it's fine to skip.

As I see it, if you have two or more indexers being used across two or more automation clients or two or more individual users then Hydra offers advantages. If you're one person using one indexer then it doesn't really offer anything other than some stats.

That Works posted:

What I'm having trouble with is figuring out the file structure / where things get saved to and when / how they are handed off between programs. For example Sonarr wants me to put in a folder when I add something I want to search for, but it wouldn't at that time let me put in the folder path that Plex would be looking at for its library.
Here's my setup:
/mnt/pool/ is my 15TB btrfs pool
/tmp/ is just a folder on my root drive that gets emptied on boot

When I download something the files move around like this:

1. nzbget gets sent a nzb from wherever and saves it in to /mnt/pool/Unsorted/.nzb for dupe checking.
2. It loads this up and starts downloading articles to /tmp/nzbget
3. Once enough articles are downloaded to complete a file, it's decoded and placed in a hidden folder /mnt/pool/Unsorted/.incomplete/<category>/<post title>/
4. Once the entire post has been downloaded and passes PAR check it's extracted to /mnt/pool/Unsorted/<category>/<post title>/
5a. If it's TV, Sonarr tries to identify it and move it to /mnt/pool/Videos/TV Shows/Show Title/0Sx0E - Episode Title.ext
5b. If it's a movie, Radarr tries to identify it and move it to /mnt/pool/Videos/Movies/Movie Title (Year)/Movie Title (Year).ext
5c. If it's music, Lidarr tries to identify it and move it to /mnt/pool/Audio/Music/Album Title (Year)/D0T - Song Title.ext
5d. If anything else, or if automation can't identify it, it stays where it's at until someone either manually sorts it or renames it such that the automation can figure it out.
6. Plex looks in the destination folders from step 5.

The automation tools don't get to see any files until nzbget is done with them and likewise Plex can't see anything until the automation tools have done their thing. This prevents anything from jumping the gun and causing problems.

Technically I could improve performance on the extract stage by putting the incomplete stage on a different disk, and arguably the /tmp/ part could even be in a ramdisk, but I can't say I find myself waiting on it really ever.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thanks all.

What ended up happening is I wasn't understanding how the file paths handed off things inside the docker vs outside the docker so that was leading to a lot of stuff not working, and then once getting some stuff going it led to filling up the docker memory rapidly. Then I got it. Seems to be working now at least! I've been able to get a few shows and get them working in Plex etc.

There's some other general stuff I need to figure out now, ie how to get around bad epsiodes, not download the same thing over and over etc, but I'll try to figure that out for a while before putting in a bunch of dumb questions. Pretty fun though, built my 1st server and then did a whole bunch of new stuff to get this up and running.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Check out Spaceinvader One on youtube, he makes great unraid tutorials for pretty much anything you'll want to know.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I had kind of a weird issue yesterday. I was unable to login to my Qbittorrent Docker via WebUI. It acted like the password was incorrect, but I hadn't changed anything recently. All I can think of is that an update to the docker image messed something up. Anyway, I had to go in through the command line and delete the password line from the *.conf file and restart to get the default password. Just in case anyone has that issue.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Exact same thing happened to me today, I had to reset the password by deleting the line in the .conf file too. Something definitely got hosed up (or compromised lol) on the latest Docker update to qBittorrent from linuxserver

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Anyone familiar with OS X and Sonarr? I'm having a problem that's followed both on my FreeNas box and OS X. It's the same problem that was documented here, which was closed with no resolution:
https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/mac-sonarr-v3-folders-not-being-seen/22586

For both my FreeNas set up and my OS X set up, it will see the root but not anything beneath it. On the OS X folder I looked at the permissions, and it says "you can read and write" to the folder that has the TV shows and all other functions seem to work fine. Because Sonarr can't find the folder, I can't import or add new shows.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
On Unix file systems you need execute to list a directory, been a decade since I used osx but I assume it's similar.

That would definitely be the issue causing this on freenas

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This might be the one where you need to add sh to the Full Disc Access list in the Security and Privacy pane of the system settings. I remember having to do that when I upgraded to Catalina recently and it got pissy about permissions.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

This might be the one where you need to add sh to the Full Disc Access list in the Security and Privacy pane of the system settings. I remember having to do that when I upgraded to Catalina recently and it got pissy about permissions.

Sorry, super ignorant to Unix. What would be some search terms for what “sh” is?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I found the little guide I used. I’m not 100% sure if this is the exact issue I was having, but if you’re on Catalina there’s a good chance. Most apps you can just add easily enough, but because Sonarr runs via Mono it’s a little bit more involved.

quote:

As suggested by narmbrister in the original thread, it will probably help to grant full disk access to /bin/sh

For those of you who don’t know where to find this:

Open System Preferences
Choose Security & Privacy
Go to Privacy tab
Select Full Disk Access.
Click the +
Browse to your disk volume and then \bin\sh
(If you don’t see a bin folder you might need to press Shift+Command+. to toggle visibility of hidden files)
Click Open

That’s it. I think I didn’t even need to restart my computer.

You’ll have to do that visibility toggle Im sure, I did.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
A thousand thanks! Had to search the shift + command + . because I wasn't getting it, but once I got there it worked!

In the meanwhile I loaded SickGear, which looks weird after using Sonarr for so long. I think I'm going to mess with both until I get my libraries where I want them before I add any indexers and see which one I want to go forward with.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha yeah I couldn’t go back to sickbeard or it’s forks now, v3 is just too good.

Also re your username, I got my anniversary LP of through being cool recently and looking forward to listening to the included record of demos and live stuff. Presuming it’s not an ironic username swiping at us kids and our music, that is.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
Not ironic, I’m an old. Saves the Day introduced me to punk and I haven’t left since.
I’ve only listed to the Apple Music remasters, but the b-sides and demos are cool to hear.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I had kind of a weird issue yesterday. I was unable to login to my Qbittorrent Docker via WebUI. It acted like the password was incorrect, but I hadn't changed anything recently. All I can think of is that an update to the docker image messed something up. Anyway, I had to go in through the command line and delete the password line from the *.conf file and restart to get the default password. Just in case anyone has that issue.

pzy posted:

Exact same thing happened to me today, I had to reset the password by deleting the line in the .conf file too. Something definitely got hosed up (or compromised lol) on the latest Docker update to qBittorrent from linuxserver

Follow up on this. The latest releases of QBittorrent (at least the docker version) break Sonarr and Radarr. I had to roll back to a prior version based on the thread linked above. For docker-compose users, tag the specific version you want like so:

code:
services:

qbittorrent:
    image: linuxserver/qbittorrent:4.1.9.99201911190849-6738-0b055d8ubuntu18.04.1-ls54
[rest of your compose stuff]

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

savesthedayrocks posted:

Not ironic, I’m an old. Saves the Day introduced me to punk and I haven’t left since.
I’ve only listed to the Apple Music remasters, but the b-sides and demos are cool to hear.

Saves the day is emo, not punk, just to clarify the genre.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Good cheap fill server? I didn't realize I finally burned though my tweaknews block from 2017.

Primary is ninja (highwinds)

e: a little out of the loop on what backbone/provider to pair to highwinds main

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 17, 2019

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Here's a decent graphic from Reddit:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

zer0spunk posted:

Good cheap fill server? I didn't realize I finally burned though my tweaknews block from 2017.

Primary is ninja (highwinds)

e: a little out of the loop on what backbone/provider to pair to highwinds main

A couple of providers still have their Black Friday deals active:

UsenetPrime: Three 500GB blocks for $10 https://usenetprime.com/portal/cart.php?a=add&pid=14 or 3TB for $15 https://usenetprime.com/portal/cart.php?a=add&pid=15

Bulknews: 6000GB for €15 using discount code bfcm19 https://www.bulknews.eu/en/usenet-block-6000-gb/

Both are on different backbones.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Awesome. Looks like usenet farm is also about to do a holiday sale. Guess it's a good time to be in the market for blocks.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I recently lost 6TB of data and working through the back fill of what I've lost and am coming up against a lot of takedowns.

Currently I have NewsDemon as my main and TweakNews as a back up. I was under the impression that this would be fine as they are different back bones, but the graphic a few posts back suggests that while they're on different backbones it's still the same parent company. Would I be better switching out TweakNews? Or because they're separated by US and EU servers are they okay to use in combination?

Is there a better combination of providers I can use?

Is it worth grabbing blocks from multiple providers or will I not see much of an improvement from 1 backup vs multiple?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Tea Bone posted:

I recently lost 6TB of data and working through the back fill of what I've lost and am coming up against a lot of takedowns.

Currently I have NewsDemon as my main and TweakNews as a back up. I was under the impression that this would be fine as they are different back bones, but the graphic a few posts back suggests that while they're on different backbones it's still the same parent company. Would I be better switching out TweakNews? Or because they're separated by US and EU servers are they okay to use in combination?

Is there a better combination of providers I can use?

Is it worth grabbing blocks from multiple providers or will I not see much of an improvement from 1 backup vs multiple?

I had a highwinds main and tweaknews fill too, curious if there's a real difference. I just switched my fill over to a totally different backbone/owner but it took just shy of 3 years to burn through my last block of 100gigs so I might not be the best judge.

A good amount of resellers have a trial a few gigs. I'd retry the nzb with a few trials and then switch my main off highwinds if needed if I hadta regrab a ton of things. Or try a different indexer and go that route instead, I've had times where only one indexer bothered to obfusticate before it was common and that was the only surviving upload.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 21, 2019

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Some Christmas deals

StingyUsenet (Abavia): 25% off with code christmas-2019

UsenetAgency (Abavia): 25% off with code christmas-discount-2019

UsenetPrime (UsenetExpress): 1TB block for $10, 2TB for $17, 3TB for $20, 12 months unlimited for $33

Usenet.Farm: 30% off with code XMAS2019

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

And from the NAS thread, EasyStores 14TB externals are $199:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-easystore-14tb-external-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/6390390.p?skuId=6390390

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jebus, I have 2x 8 and 2x 10 drives but I’ll start to rotate them out maybe next year, so those 8s are gonna get a nice 6tb upgrade for sure.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Radarr now supports Custom Formats, in other words, you can make it prefer x265 (HEVC). Furthermore, once you've added one for x265, you can also set a custom format cutoff for it in each Profile. This can, in turn, mean you can update your entire library to x265 quite easily.

It's still working but I estimate over 150gb of space saved so far for my relatively small collection, with no noticable drop in viewing quality.

EDIT: I mean about 1tb saved. Maths is stupid and should change itself to match when I make a mistake

Rooted Vegetable fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 23, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah my rule of thumb is for new stuff I have it grab web rips then disc rips (and if it’s something I care more about - remuxes then 4K) then later on I’ll replace them out for 1080p HEVC files for my archive. With the right people at the wheels, I’ve seen stuff at 3-4gb that looks great still and all my clients can direct play it these days. I did a replacement thing too and yeah, some serious disc space came back with no super obvious quality loss.

Lots of my sitcom tv archive is now 720p HEVC too, which is perfect.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Actually that leads me to a point that I initially forgot, has anyone made Sonarr v2 prefer x265/HEVC in a practical way? I googled it but they have a pretty plain answer that they won't copy Radarr on this one.

Reading the same, how is Sonarr v3 these days, good enough for day to day use? (I could use the preferred words method, mentioned in the above link, to at least get some benefit)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’ve been using v3 for months with no issues. It’s definitely got some good new features and worth moving to (back up your v2 in case it doesn’t go as smoothly for you).

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I think I'd need to way redo my NAS filesystems to make that worthwhile. Too much of my content is just on a ZFS dataset called 'media' with normal snapshotting policy. So Swapping over would just be me holding both copies until the newest monthly snapshot ages out.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

does anyone still use usenet for actual conversations and not filesharing?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I thought that’s what this thread was about?

I used to talk on the paintball groups all the time. Back in the 90s.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

rec.arts.anime cured me of my anime watching habit back in the mid 90s

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
It still trips me out that at one point writers on the xfiles would go on the xfiles newsgroup and actually engage with the fanbase. IIRC there's one episode where they shoutout a usenet poster by username inside the ep.

If you go back and read some of it, it's like this fly in amber moment of early internet before everyone decided to be huge assholes.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons was written as a direct parody of alt.tv.simpsons

His catchphrase "Worst episode ever" was a direct rip from this comment on the episode "Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie"
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!msg/alt.tv.simpsons/Vtce4-s7lvA/PzGUg4DB10QJ

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 26, 2019

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

zer0spunk posted:

It still trips me out that at one point writers on the xfiles would go on the xfiles newsgroup and actually engage with the fanbase. IIRC there's one episode where they shoutout a usenet poster by username inside the ep.

If you go back and read some of it, it's like this fly in amber moment of early internet before everyone decided to be huge assholes.

JMS would do the same on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5 do the point that there's actually a wikipedia page covering it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5%27s_use_of_the_Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

That was a thing I enjoyed about early usenet. Interaction with people making the stuff you like.

You can get some of that experience on twitter nowadays, but of course it's so much more popular that it's harder to actually be heard through the noise.