Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, that's why somebody brought up the thing panel from a 15 year old comic where Aayla Secura talks about how female Twi'leks are 'bred for frivolity.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Of course Dave Filoni's character is named Wolf

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vinylshadow posted:

Of course Dave Filoni's character is named Wolf

Lol.

Random tangent: I'm currently catching up on my single-player backlog and playing Rise of the Tomb Raider atm. Last night it occurred to me Aphra could headline a pretty dope single-player action/adventure game like the reboot Tomb Raider series, but set in spaaaaaaace.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

teagone posted:

Lol.

Random tangent: I'm currently catching up on my single-player backlog and playing Rise of the Tomb Raider atm. Last night it occurred to me Aphra could headline a pretty dope single-player action/adventure game like the reboot Tomb Raider series, but set in spaaaaaaace.

I would be extremely down for a version of Jedi: Fallen Order that’s just the temple exploration/platforming starring Aphra.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

teagone posted:

Lol.

And rather than fighting enemies, most of the time you're talking your way out of conflict, or wasting time until Beetee or Triple-Zero arrive to mulch everyone

Although in Issue 40 of Aphra, she single-handedly incapacitates Darth Vader by manipulating a temple's traps, so there's the "find new and interesting ways to kill enemies" playstyle too

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

teagone posted:

Lol.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I much prefer the older, pre-reboot Tomb Raider games, where you'd enter a new region and there'd be a slow pan across the area before you'd have to puzzle out how to connect different bits together and reach the other end. With a little light combat thrown in on top for good measure. I'm not hugely familiar with Aphra outside the Darth Vader comic, but from what little I have seen of her I'd think that style of minimalist combat that focuses more on pitting the character against the environment would suit her more.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

And rather than fighting enemies, most of the time you're talking your way out of conflict, or wasting time until Beetee or Triple-Zero arrive to mulch everyone

BT-1 shows up and it turns into a rail shooter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jj please dont tease me like this

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1206005037417291778

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Although in Issue 40 of Aphra, she single-handedly incapacitates Darth Vader by manipulating a temple's traps, so there's the "find new and interesting ways to kill enemies" playstyle too

A hybrid of Thief, Hitman, and Tomb Raider set in the Star Wars universe? I'd play the poo poo out of that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Don't say things you don't mean, JJ.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Is this going to be the same as the rogue one syndulla cameo? :raise:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Is this going to be the same as the rogue one syndulla cameo? :raise:

If you really want to know:

(TRoS spoilers, turn back now if you don’t want to know)
At some point during the final fight, past generations of Jedi will be heard speaking to Rey and helping her somehow. These voices include Luke, Leia, Yoda, etc but also apparently Mace Windu and Ahsoka.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
newest rumor is that the 2 animated shows currently in development but not announced are Dr Aphra and a post rebels continuation.

as the animated shows take longer to make (resistance took a year+ per season reportedly) they are all deep in development for release in 2020.

I actually speculated on this in the old thread i think that we would get announcements for a fall release animated series.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't want a loving dr aphra cartoon and it's pg'd down flavour. i want some merkbots and bi sexual action

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't CBR one of those sites that posts pure clickbait?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't CBR one of those sites that posts pure clickbait?

They are but their source in this case is Jordan Maison, a guy who occasionally has actual scoops. I wouldn’t put too much stock into that rumor until someone else like MSW or BespinBulletin says the same though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I love The Mandalorian, but drat, it really needs a plot.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

Baby Yoda is a plot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TheCenturion posted:

What's wrong with the plot it already has?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im okay with as much mando does random jobs every week with his cute baby yoda as they can give me

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If there is no over reaching wheel spinning clusterfuck of a story. we can't complain about it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If you really want to know:

(TRoS spoilers, turn back now if you don’t want to know)
At some point during the final fight, past generations of Jedi will be heard speaking to Rey and helping her somehow. These voices include Luke, Leia, Yoda, etc but also apparently Mace Windu and Ahsoka.

Low effort cameo, not even surprised.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I have seen people complain they don't know how long The Mandalorian can go on because there's no over-arching plot because I guess we've forgotten what 'episodic' means. Have Gun - Will Travel lasted for 200+ episodes. Pretty sure Mando'll be alright.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Prestige Television Mega-Dramas have ruined our ability to appreciate simple and concise stories that contribute to the greater mono-myth of a character. The Mandalorian is actively working against that kind of narrative and it feels like one of the good, classic Sci-Fi shows from the 80’s and 90’s as a result.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Yea I got a mix of Farscape and Firefly vibes from the show early on. “Weird puppets in what’s effectively a space western setting” sells it really well for me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rocksicles posted:

I don't want a loving dr aphra cartoon and it's pg'd down flavour. i want some merkbots and bi sexual action

:same:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

An accurate portrayal of Aphra would be ridiculously unlikable and a massive karma houdini who keeps not dying when everyone has SHOOT ON SIGHT orders against her

Bring on the Tooka-bombs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

An animated series doesn't have to be for kids.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

An animated series doesn't have to be for kids.

This is Disney not HBO

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well yeah they're not gonna have her say gently caress, but it can still be PG-13.

Honestly, it would be good for the service to branch out into animated programming for an older audience.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

An accurate portrayal of Aphra would be ridiculously unlikable and a massive karma houdini who keeps not dying when everyone has SHOOT ON SIGHT orders against her

Bring on the Tooka-bombs

Yeah, no, Boop is likable and that's part of the problem. If she weren't, she'd actually be dead by now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

On Mando talk, speculation on my part and based on supposed leaks so supposed kidmando got saved from the battledroids by Obi-wan but what if it was Yoda?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Uhm. Surely it's going to be Mandalorians who save him?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sabine cameo

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

There was a "leak" that Ewan filmed an obi wan cameo for this to tie it to his upcoming solo series

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Where have you seen those rumors? I’ve only heard them as fan speculation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is the new Jedi Fallen Order game considered canon? I am only about halfway? through it and I am loving every bit of it.

The cameo from Saw Gerrera caught me off guard and I was like - OH YES.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
It's true, all of it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most stuff made after the Disney buyout that is not explicitly a parody is 100% canon, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yes Fallen Order is definitely canon.

LATE GAME SPOILER
One of the planets you visit is heavily implied to be the future Starkiller Base.