Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

The sequel is the next day when Barry storms into the office with a tec9 and it’s a VR active shooter drill

My workplace was trying to convince people to sign up for Active shooter role play training with the local Chud PD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
pretend I linked that image of the one pig firing blanks or pellets or whatever point blank execution style into a kneeling teacher during one of these ‘drills’

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

they get butthurt when you take it serious and clock a shooter across the teeth with a chair

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

goatsestretchgoals posted:

they get butthurt when you take it serious and clock a shooter across the teeth with a chair

That’s why it should be held in VR.

I would suggest using robots, but we all know that destruction of corporate property would be considered even worse than chairing a human.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

They finally got W.E.T

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

pretend I linked that image of the one pig firing blanks or pellets or whatever point blank execution style into a kneeling teacher during one of these ‘drills’

They expected people to come in the weekend for free since they would supporting First Responder training!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
420 etc

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this person didn't get the thread title memo:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

w e e e e e d !! ! !!!!! bb!!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

What if technology, but we only use it to make ourselves miserable?

basically today ?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

As far as I'm aware, every organ donation program on the planet is opt-in, except for the ones involving political prisoners in China.
I hope this map pleasantly surprises you. Orange is opt-out, cyan is opt-in.

Main Paineframe posted:

went searching for that and found a long-term article about it

pretty much what you'd expect, but it also contains a description of one of Amazon's more automated warehouses and that definitely belongs here

https://www.wired.com/story/meet-camperforce-amazons-nomadic-retiree-army/
Peccy, Rуссй, what's the difference?

Kitfox88 posted:

Lol, they were literally NERF guns.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Were they not airsoft?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
either way calling it an active shooter drill then not letting you drill fighting back instead of being a compliant corpse is laffo

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

it's the bully forcing you to pay for the privilege of getting beaten up

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Rec weed dispensaries are opening in Michigan and they’re all stupid expensive. that’s pretty lovely.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

What if we just start referring to zero emission energy (wind solar hydro nuclear) as "white power." Think we could get a Green New Deal passed before anyone notices?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Upmarket Mango posted:

Rec weed dispensaries are opening in Michigan and they’re all stupid expensive. that’s pretty lovely.

On the other hand, you won't ever have to pay a lawyer for weed charges, and quality controlled edibles kick rear end.

I went to a legal dispensary for the first time and the uniformed cop on the corner said "Have a good one." as I was leaving. Surreal.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

What if we just start referring to zero emission energy (wind solar hydro nuclear) as "white power." Think we could get a Green New Deal passed before anyone notices?

Would you mind if I start working on this in places other than these forums?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Upmarket Mango posted:

As the bourgeoisie gentrified jazz, so too shall they gentrify its cabbage, so it is written in the Gospel of the Liberals.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

bespoke cannabinoid solutions coming soon to a location near you

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Otaku in Japan in danger of losing their virtual anime girl wives due to hologram tech upgrade

At least it's a free hardware upgrade.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

The only holo-lover worth mourning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Hello tech support? I’d like to open a new ticket your latest patch bricked my wife. Yes I’ll hold

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFlARSz2cQ

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WillOremus/status/1133813802242383876

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

That's actually a worthwhile subject to study. If Twitter banned the Nazis, the only remaining accounts would be about three users who haven't posted in six months, a few hundred Russian bots, some hentai artists, and dril. Besides, if we got rid of the Nazis, @Jack would have to start yet another social media network just so he and his friends can post.

Screaming Idiot has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Dec 16, 2019

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

either way calling it an active shooter drill then not letting you drill fighting back instead of being a compliant corpse is laffo

The point of the active shooter drill is to give the cops training for when they decide to shoot up a school

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Bushiz posted:

The point of the active shooter drill is to give the cops training for when they decide to shoot up a school
Be fair.

It also trains kids into absolute compliance to armed authority.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Bushiz posted:

Cops are probably capable of shooting up a school even without training

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Screaming Idiot posted:

That's actually a worthwhile subject to study. If Twitter banned the Nazis, the only remaining accounts would be about three users who haven't posted in six months, a few hundred Russian bots, some hentai artists, and dril. Besides, if we got rid of the Nazis, @Jack would have to start yet another social media network just so he and his friends can post.

lol, they literally ban Nazi's in Germany because of the law there. The only reason they don't elsewhere is the fact that US politicians are Nazi's. That is literally the reason. Anything talking about how they're thinking about it is PR to distract you from the fact that they know how to ban them but won't.

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

FRINGE posted:

Be fair.

It also trains kids into absolute compliance to armed authority.

I cannot throw away six pack rings without cutting them up because of images of animals strangled by them seen in the 4th grade.

If I see one uncut in the trash I will remove it and get it done.

Maybe it was a good kind of brainwashing but it was a brainwashing nonetheless and crazy powerful at that age.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Who could have possibly predicted that installing an internet-connected camera in your home would have a downside?

Ring camera installed in a children’s room for ‘peace of mind’ is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed

quote:

In a chilling exchange caught on video last week, the LeMays say the man was able to interact with their daughter after hacking into a Ring security camera that had recently been installed in the bedroom shared by Alyssa and her two younger sisters. Over the course of several minutes, the man repeatedly directed a racial slur at Alyssa and tried to persuade her to misbehave, according to a copy of the video obtained by The Washington Post.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
ByteDance unit [TikTok] establishes venture with Chinese state media firm

Raise your hand if you didn't see this coming. (And shame on you if you raised your hand.)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

Who could have possibly predicted that installing an internet-connected camera in your home would have a downside?

Ring camera installed in a children’s room for ‘peace of mind’ is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed

Peace of mind? :psyduck:

Putting a spy camera in your own kids room is sadder than the creep hacking into it to scream racial slurs.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
an upgrade from helicopter moms: police state moms

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mondian posted:

Peace of mind? :psyduck:

Putting a spy camera in your own kids room is sadder than the creep hacking into it to scream racial slurs.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that thought.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
No, my child must be just as afraid of the surveillance state panopticon as I am.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LastInLine posted:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that thought.

Yeah, I saw it pop up somewhere else and my first thought was, that's loving lazy if you can't pop in to make sure your kids aren't up to no good every time they get really quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I saw it pop up somewhere else and my first thought was, that's loving lazy if you can't pop in to make sure your kids aren't up to no good every time they get really quiet.

The mother worked the night shift as a hospital nurse or some poo poo like that which I am sure she wouldn't choose to do if we all didn't live in the shittiest possibly cyberpunk dystopia.

But it also sucks for these kids that their mom couldn't come up with a password better than password123 or hadn't reused a password from any number of regular data privacy leaks where the company/service stored everything in plain text.