Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

AccountSupervisor posted:

6 Underground is absolutely out of its mind insanity.

Its like if Michael Bay smashed Bad Boys 2, Crank, and Hobbes and Shaw together.

Its politics are.....I don't even know.

Like Im not wrong in basically taking away that its just a massive endorsement for CIA coups right? Its also basically like "we should have killed Assad and supported Syrian rebels".

One of the characters pulling off the coup literally doesnt know the word and there is scene where they carefully explain what has to happen.

It's a wonderfully mad movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's interesting to compare 6 Underground with season two of Jack Ryan.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
6 underground is like he took the satirical excess from Pain and Gain and applied it to a completely straight faced action movie. it's an insane film.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Has anyone been watching Reprisal on Hulu? I don't know how I feel about it. I like the style, but it's also trying too hard to be stylish. There's just a weirdness to it. Some of the characters are great since they break out of their archetype in strange ways and then others feel like bland cookie-cutter archetypes. Even the time period is wonky, it is kinda out of time in any discernible way, which is fun at times, but also frustrating. I also don't know if any of it is on purpose or an accident.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tron Legacy on Disney+ has a ton of different scenes that weren’t in the normal cut. They aren’t necessarily bad, but just useless.

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Cithen posted:

Has anyone been watching Reprisal on Hulu? I don't know how I feel about it. I like the style, but it's also trying too hard to be stylish. There's just a weirdness to it. Some of the characters are great since they break out of their archetype in strange ways and then others feel like bland cookie-cutter archetypes. Even the time period is wonky, it is kinda out of time in any discernible way, which is fun at times, but also frustrating. I also don't know if any of it is on purpose or an accident.

I liked it, but I definitely hear what you are saying. The time period slips, with the seemingly WW2 news, but it might be Vietnam, way they talk about it. I have to think it was on purpose. Even looking at the juxtaposition of the 3 river phoenixes and brawlers. They seem so disparate, and not just because there are three loving people in one and hundreds in another. The end too where the 3 river phoenixes gun down a bunch of the brawlers. I get the whole protect their own, but Johnson being cool with whatever goes down after being a river phoenix forever seemed...completely in character? Definitely seems like the set up was made for a second season, because why have some sort of soft showdown with Ron Perlman if not a set up for later?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I was watching 6 Underground with no idea who the director was (hey let’s watch what I thought was a direct to video Ryan Reynolds movie in the background), but it was so obvious that I stopped it about 30 minutes in the see if it was Michael Bay or someone who worked with him in the past. The car chase at the beginning was fun as hell (the good guys causing civilian causalities was a nice touch), but after that not much stands out to me. Just the typical editing of a Bay movie. Still it was sorta of fun (I wouldn’t call it good), but it should have been cut down to 90 minutes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Light of my Life was pretty good. Pretty cookie cutter framework, with the sad dad post apocalypse thing, but really good performances all around. it felt a little self indulgent though. probably would have been better ay 90 minutes instead of 2 hours.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched The King and enjoyed it. The only performance that really stood out was the guy playing King Charles, I would give his name if not on mobile, the rest were adequate. I briefly researched the historical accuracy of Agincourt and the real version (which is hotly contested) was more interesting than the movie version which omits that the English were trying to get back home and had no choice but to fight the lopsided battle. Events after the battle are extremely condensed.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Cithen posted:

I watched an episode or two and I would agree with the reviews saying it was sort of a mishmash mess of noir, over the top hot rod gangs, 50's rockabilly, Sin City, Tarantino, Lynch and a housewife revenge story thrown in and is basically a waste of Abigail Spencer's time.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 15, 2019

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
There isn't a single shot in 6 Underground that isn't longer than 2 seconds, and it's kind of nauseating to watch. The action is just alright, but everything else is so, so bad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gently caress you Amazon Prime. Me and my roommate just started Battlestar Gallactica (he’s never seen it), we JUST finished S1 and watched the 1st ep of S2 and today we were going to watch the next one and now Prime’s charging 3 bucks per episode.

gently caress you Amazon Prime.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Man, Castle Rock had a dark final episode

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

ruddiger posted:

gently caress you Amazon Prime. Me and my roommate just started Battlestar Gallactica (he’s never seen it), we JUST finished S1 and watched the 1st ep of S2 and today we were going to watch the next one and now Prime’s charging 3 bucks per episode.

According to Justwatch, S2 isn't streaming anywhere. Amazon has the Bluray set for $40, cheaper than the dvd set right now.

I was having trouble watching Naked Gun 2-1/2. It was free on Prime, added it to my list and the next day it wasn't free anymore. Went to my mobile app, it was free. So I started it on mobile then cast to the tv set.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ruddiger posted:

drat, I had just put that on my re watch list after the expanse

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you're in the US, it looks like you can watch it on NBC's website for free.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

BisterdDave posted:

There isn't a single shot in 6 Underground that isn't longer than 2 seconds, and it's kind of nauseating to watch. The action is just alright, but everything else is so, so bad.

The epilepsy warning at the start is very warranted imo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ruddiger posted:

:pirate:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Just like with Disney, you're going to see NBC Universal stuff slowly start to go away from streaming services. It sucks balls but I can definitely see "Peacock is the home of BSG" would be a be a way to get $5 from some people.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ruddiger posted:

I was rewatching it on Netflix a while back and they pulled it while I was in post-rescue S3 (talk about saving me from myself).

Back when they first pulled it from Netflix back in the day (I think it had been on there for quite a while to start with) they said they were withholding it from all streaming services for like 5 years to “build up demand.” They might have started another cycle of that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just like with Disney, you're going to see NBC Universal stuff slowly start to go away from streaming services. It sucks balls but I can definitely see "Peacock is the home of BSG" would be a be a way to get $5 from some people.

I have been wondering about this because most of the sitcoms I watch are NBC shows so I am curious what they're going to pull from what service.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I have been wondering about this because most of the sitcoms I watch are NBC shows so I am curious what they're going to pull from what service.

They've already said The Office and Parks and Rec are exclusive to Peacock.

What I figure will happen is that as their deals with Netflix (as an example) expire, they won't renew them and instead put them on Peacock. This is was Disney did, and what WB is doing.

One thing to keep in mind that just because a show airs on NBC, it's not necessarily owned by them. Friends is an example of this. It aired on NBC but it's owned by WB.

I can also guarantee you CBS/Viacom will do the same thing. Once the merger is complete, they'll turn CBS All Access into a mega platform for Viacom/Paramount/CBS stuff.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Now I love Reprisal because in episode 9 they use the same farmhouse April O'Neil and the turtles escape to in the 1990 TMNT movie.

edit: maybe its a new cinematic universe :pray:

Cithen fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 16, 2019

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you're in the US, it looks like you can watch it on NBC's website for free.

Only S1.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

wormil posted:

Only S1.

I just watched an episode from each season. No paywall or sign in required. Where did you go?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I just watched an episode from each season. No paywall or sign in required. Where did you go?

Only seeing S1 here and I had to sign in with my TV provider.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

wormil posted:

Only seeing S1 here and I had to sign in with my TV provider.

Are you in the US? Are you on desktop or mobile? Mobile made me use the NBC app, but that still didn't require a login or TV provider.

I'm not signed into any TV provider or anything.

Try this link:

https://www.nbc.com/battlestar-galactica/video/crossroads-part-2/3581937

I just want to see if it plays for you.

edit: You've got some weird poo poo going on. Just right now I was able to watch Naked Gun 2 on Prime on my desktop no problem.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 16, 2019

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are you in the US? Are you on desktop or mobile? Mobile made me use the NBC app, but that still didn't require a login or TV provider.

I'm not signed into any TV provider or anything.

Try this link:

https://www.nbc.com/battlestar-galactica/video/crossroads-part-2/3581937

I just want to see if it plays for you.

edit: You've got some weird poo poo going on. Just right now I was able to watch Naked Gun 2 on Prime on my desktop no problem.

I see the episodes and it tells me use the NBC app. Earlier I was on desktop, US. Weird poo poo indeed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

wormil posted:

I see the episodes and it tells me use the NBC app. Earlier I was on desktop, US. Weird poo poo indeed.

Are you using a VPN, DNS service, or anything else to change your location or get around geo-restricted stuff?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
look outside, have you suddenly been transported to a different country

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I clicked through from Justwatch, maybe that was the problem.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ruddiger posted:

I watched half of dumb and dumber on prime recently, and when I went to finish it the next day after work they tried to charge me 5 bux. That sucked.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I was watching The Omen 3 on Netflix one night and I paused it to go get a beer from the kitchen and when I came back it was gone. Turns out I paused it right before midnight.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

veni veni veni posted:

I watched half of dumb and dumber on prime recently, and when I went to finish it the next day after work they tried to charge me 5 bux. That sucked.

This happened to me a few months ago when watching Patriot Games on prime, came back like 2 days later to finish it and it was no longer on there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

I was watching The Omen 3 on Netflix one night and I paused it to go get a beer from the kitchen and when I came back it was gone. Turns out I paused it right before midnight.

This sounds like a horror movie itself.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Prime held me in a headlock while Netflix gave me a power wedgie.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was super skeptical at first but Watchmen was good as hell.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was super skeptical at first but Watchmen was good as hell.

I'm down for another season but I wasn't a fan of how like the entire first 5 episodes were just stage setting and then the reveals and answers were all packed into just a few episodes at the end.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

This sounds like a horror movie itself.

The real horror was the unexpected expiration of streaming rights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Basebf555 posted:

I'm down for another season but I wasn't a fan of how like the entire first 5 episodes were just stage setting and then the reveals and answers were all packed into just a few episodes at the end.

this also bothered me - if i hadn't been binging i wouldve quit watching after 2 episodes. i dont know anything about the watchmen, but the first 5 episodes felt like there was just a ton of lore i was supposed to know about but didnt (turned out i didn't really need to as you say, the last few episodes tie it all together)