Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The record is relieved. Thank you, internet man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Look, just because it was announced as a match, and took place in a ring, with a ref, and wrestlers, who did in fact wrestle, doesn't make it a match.

https://twitter.com/paulleyyy/status/1206395066899738625?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Davros1 posted:

Look, just because it was announced as a match, and took place in a ring, with a ref, and wrestlers, who did in fact wrestle, doesn't make it a match.

https://twitter.com/paulleyyy/status/1206395066899738625?s=20

if that match happened anywhere else, or hell, if someone brought out a loving mallet in another promotion, these idiots would poo poo on it so hard

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if that match happened anywhere else, or hell, if someone brought out a loving mallet in another promotion, these idiots would poo poo on it so hard
Similarly if this happened on a random Raw people wouldn’t give it nearly so much poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how did anyone see it in the first place?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the amazing storytelling of "sometimes bray acts like mr rogers and tries to murder you with a comically huge mallet and sometimes he puts on a mask and tries to murder you with a comically huge mallet"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The post pairs very well with the Snuka avatar.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

The post pairs very well with the Snuka avatar.
yikes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I could be wrong but it looks like Snuka.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

no i wasn’t disagreeing with you in any way, sorry i see how it looks like i was yikesing at you rather than at how you pointed out it’s even grosser taking the two things together

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

no i wasn’t disagreeing with you in any way, sorry i see how it looks like i was yikesing at you rather than at how you pointed out it’s even grosser taking the two things together

I appreciate that duder. I was second guessing myself when I looked at it again, "Well wait, who the gently caress IS that?"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I mean, it's Mark Lewin

But let's just keep jumping to conclusions for no reason, shall we?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the head and face area on that initial image is like 16 pixels. i'm too blind to deal with this matter

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

dsriggs posted:

I mean, it's Mark Lewin

But let's just keep jumping to conclusions for no reason, shall we?

Looks like the undertaker to me

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuji nagata stole everything from Mark Lewin

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Was the theft justified (I don’t know who the gently caress Mark Lewin is) because I dig old man Nagata for what he is in New Japan.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Isn't Mark Lewin the right-wing POS who sounds like Master Shake?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Germansimp posted:

Different Lewin

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Germansimp posted:

fuckin lol

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Germansimp posted:

That's Levin

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the amazing storytelling of "sometimes bray acts like mr rogers and tries to murder you with a comically huge mallet and sometimes he puts on a mask and tries to murder you with a comically huge mallet"

I keep hearing Bray Wyatt has a cartoon mallet but I haven't seen it which is creating all kinds of absurd images in my head that I'm 99% aren't accurate but then like I remember its WWE and see some other Wyatt thing and wonder...

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
you can see bray's giant mallet here in the video

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/daniel-bryan-re-emerges-tlc-new-look/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bray wyatt is like those really terrible wwf fighting games from the mid 1990s that were ripoffs of mortal kombat. some people think that's really cool. but what's really cool is Primal Rage

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
They should get rid of the stupid blues clues stuff and just make him The Fiend and a face so he can appeal to the Korn/ICP demographic

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's... kind of what I imagined that couldn't possibly be real?

That whole video is... wtf?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I can't remember for the life of me what exactly this was about but I had someone do the "but its great storytelling!" thing with me about a WWE match that stunk a while back and when I asked the obvious question of "what story were they telling" they couldn't answer me which says it all really. "Storytelling" has become a buzzword to justify bad matches that often don't actually have stories that require doing a terrible match.

Its the same thing with a lot of the Wyatt stuff though: a lot of the people that are really into it think that its this revolutionary idea that has never been done in any media before and they sound really silly if you don't think that. A lot of those people dropped off after Hell in a Cell but even then you get people that try to say that a split personality thing is revolutionary (even if apparently boring old Bray Wyatt just wrestles like the Fiend anyway) or that the negative fan reaction to most of his matches isn't that they are bad but because he's trying some unique storytelling style that they don't get. People are already moving on though and I'm pretty sure that if they are doing Fiend-Reigns at Mania that'll be a rather cold match by then.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

IceAgeComing posted:

I can't remember for the life of me what exactly this was about but I had someone do the "but its great storytelling!" thing with me about a WWE match that stunk a while back and when I asked the obvious question of "what story were they telling" they couldn't answer me which says it all really. "Storytelling" has become a buzzword to justify bad matches that often don't actually have stories that require doing a terrible match.

WWE has chased after the feel of "reality tv" for so long. When your main creative inspiration are shows that go as deep as "so and so was an rear end in a top hat/ bitch to someone else", adding a goofy clown mask to a faux children's show host seems like sheer genius.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Basically WWE like a lot of newbie creative writers, can't tell the difference between "story" and "stuff happening"

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/sugardunkerton/status/1206690005760069637

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Calling yourself All Mighty and you can't even crack the the world title scene lol.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wrestling fans aint having no lashley yall

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Dre posts enough stupid poo poo that he could populate this entire thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you can re-watch the attitude era. it doesn't hold up. I have no idea what you're trying to say with the rest of that Sugar.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that appears to be a correct opinion on all fronts unless that person is a known moron. they even use quotes when calling it the good old days, to imply that it actually was not good at all!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sugar is a cool smart wrestler but that tweet is nonsense words.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not really. Lana/Rusev/Lashley is exactly the kind of poo poo Russo loves and would fit right in during the Attitude Era. The secret is that WWE leaning into mythologising that period is doubling down on a losing battle because people begging for that period to return actually just want WWE to make them feel like they REMEMBER feeling when they were 14. And not how they'd feel today watching that same content.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
the real point is that everyone who is pining for a return to the attitude era is wrong and bad

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ok boomer