Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

davidspackage posted:

If the show was more realistic, he'd hoard all of them and then not use them in the last fight.

I don't mind him firing the birds.

I do mind him firing his hookshot at the guy's neck when above him. Like whats your plan there Mando, you trying to strangle him to death? Don't a lot of Blasters have stun settings anyway? Shoot him with that!

(I mean I get it, if he did we wouldn't have a fightscene... actually hang on a minute, he actually doesn't carry a stunner, or he wouldn't have had that standoff with the security officer before. Huh. Wouldve thought a bounty hunter would have those).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Aren’t stunners/phasers a Star Trek thing? Doesn’t Star Wars just use laser guns?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

They stun leia in ep4 but I dont remember seeing it used in like anything else except Ion cannons technically stunning spaceships

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TK-42-1 posted:

They stun leia in ep4 but I dont remember seeing it used in like anything else except Ion cannons technically stunning spaceships

The only other time stun shots show up in the films is when Leia stuns Poe in TLJ; but it's fairly common in the cartoons and novels.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He'd probably shrug off the stun setting like a bull on pcp.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1206723123871125505

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Planet Boston sounds like my jam.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Aren’t stunners/phasers a Star Trek thing? Doesn’t Star Wars just use laser guns?

The jawas shot him with some in ep2.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Rocksicles posted:

Planet Boston sounds like my jam.

Your space jam.

:downsrim:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Sorry, the Celtics weren't invited to the Space Jam.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll take any planet with Bill Burr, Katie Nolan and Conan O'Brien.

unfortunately, at present it's this one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think everytime he fires the birds even when there's lots of them that come out that still counts as one. He's got plenty

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
A planet of gingery sarcastic East coast comedians is just the kind of diversity Star Wars needs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve only seen the first three eps but

I can’t believe they made a good stars wars tv show

About mandalorians

Incredible.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Gotta comment on the Filoni episode: it was what I expected. Filoni is awful and what he likes about SW is what I hate. I'm glad the Canjun F is able to contain the Dago F because wow.

Like look at Rebels. First season: good, rough but has promise. Everything after that is a slide down to awful town with some detours. Notable, sure. Maul v Ben is the second or third best lightsaber fight. Maybe even the best. But that doesn't make up for poo poo like, well, Maul.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if he was literally never in that costume. But hey it worked for Darth Vader.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Been watching enough Andromeda lately to not even be fazed.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

I mean there's always been a space England so gently caress it.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

TK-42-1 posted:

Not in the movies, but it's used to great effect in The Clone Wars in the episode where Ahsoka is framed for murder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFmI_HBrLBQ

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did I see that Mando ep 7 is releasing early tomorrow?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cartoon Man posted:

Did I see that Mando ep 7 is releasing early tomorrow?

Yep; guess they didn't want to compete with the premiere of TRoS

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Donovan Trip posted:

You mean Twi'lek Harley Quinn?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

jivjov posted:

Yep; guess they didn't want to compete with the premiere of TRoS

Well at least this thread will be different. Instead of reading some goon’s 10 page essay on why the Mandolorian sucks due to The Last Jedi being garbage, it will be a 10 page essay on why the Mandolorian sucks due to the Rise of Skywalker being garbage.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If Ian McDiarmid is having fun in it I'll at least like that part of the movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

Well at least this thread will be different. Instead of reading some goon’s 10 page essay on why the Mandolorian sucks due to The Last Jedi being garbage, it will be a 10 page essay on why the Mandolorian sucks due to the Rise of Skywalker being garbage.

Oh...oh god no

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

zoux posted:

Oh...oh god no

Search your feelings... you know this to be true...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwzt1itvW6Q

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 17, 2019

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

If Ian McDiarmid is having fun in it I'll at least like that part of the movie.

Watching Ian go buck wild in Revenge of the Sith makes the prequels worth it. That man can cackle like no other.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mandalorian is good and pure and has nothing to do with Star Wars

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Western is a very solid genre

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Observation I had in response to something in the mock thread:

I thought the way the prison ship worked and Cara Dunes comments about the mop up drawing down did more heavy lifting on the world building of how the New Republic dismisses of the FO as just another "fringe warlord cosplaying empire" threat in TFA than they bothered to give us in the movie.

5 years after Endor they're drawn down to the point where they staff a ship full of dangerous prisoners, including at least one uniformed Imperial die-hard officer, with one guy with a panic button and a bunch of robots.

25 more years they would be tired enough of all these Star Wars to say "sure, sure, senator leia, the first order out in the middle of nowhere is building a super weapon and isn't just another pissant german documentarian with a handful of grubby 60 year old stormtroopers. We'll send it to the defense subcommittee for investigation. Anyway moving on to space-wheat subsidies for Naboo...."

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The Mandalorian is good and pure and has nothing to do with Star Wars

That's what I like about it too but if the rumors are true about the tie in between the new movie and Mandalorian (potentially big spoiler) the remnants of the empire used the force power drained from baby yoda by those scientists to resurrect the emperor boy that's gonna be dumb as hell

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That is dumb as hell but makes some sense I guess

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It'd also be another reason to put out the next episode ahead of the movie so I guess we'll see very shortly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If I could pinpoint a single facet of Star Wars that ruins everything else about Star Wars, it’s definitely the Emperor

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It’s the fan base actually

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

zoux posted:

It’s the fan base actually

But if Star Wars would just listen to me and my opinions, it would be great again!!!
:goonsay:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thinking more about that spoiler connecting the tv show to the new movie that is literally the main plot of warhammer 40k and the emperor of mankind isn’t it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

But are there actually? Like what if we just didn't fight about the movie.

I could live to be 100 years old and on my last day on earth I will undoubtedly hear or see some take about how the new SW movies sucked