Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Star Trek Bridge Crew + DLC is on sale and since its cross buy you can buy the oculus version to get it on quest. You can use the code EXTRA20 to get a little more off of it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I've just found out you can set the grip buttons as a toggle and now like 90% of my problems with the WMR controllers are fixed.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

M a x posted:

Star Trek Bridge Crew + DLC is on sale and since its cross buy you can buy the oculus version to get it on quest. You can use the code EXTRA20 to get a little more off of it as well.

Great, I just paid full price 4 hours ago

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does stuff just come to the Quest with like 0 announcement or something

Like I looked up what's available and thought oh, lots of games not on it yet. Then stuff just... comes out

From what I understand, Oculus is super spotty with communication and especially promotion. Basically, if you're not Beat Saber then don't count on anything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Origami Dali posted:

Great, I just paid full price 4 hours ago

If you open a support case they might refund the difference.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

M a x posted:

Thank you. I was reluctant to re-buy this on Oculus, but the price is right.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The best thing about Star Trek in VR is the ability to shrug.

Where's our shields?

*shrug*

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

mutata posted:

From what I understand, Oculus is super spotty with communication and especially promotion. Basically, if you're not Beat Saber then don't count on anything.

Yeah, even with their bigger products they barely seem to run advertising for it. It's really weird.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Thanks for this. I own it on steam but having it on my quest as well means my wife and I can coop together in VR easily.

Having not interacted with the UPlay store much how exactly does it work when you buy a game from someone elses store front? You just get a code in the mail?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

mutata posted:

Well, that would explain the bad communication in Oculus games, like Path of the Warrior. It doesn't explain why other people, like Ubisoft (Star Trek) or OZWE Games (Death Lap) also released games basically out of the blue.

Speaking of new releases, Radial-G: Proteus just released now on Quest.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

DisposableHero posted:

Having not interacted with the UPlay store much how exactly does it work when you buy a game from someone elses store front? You just get a code in the mail?

you get a code emailed to you that you redeem here.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I love how much work was put into the Doom 3 vr. It made me forget how much I was disappointed in the original when I got it day one. The fact that you can put the flashlight on multiple points is great. This was my thought process until I found the smg and the shotgun. I had to put the game down. How are the weapons in this game weaker than sosig guns? Is there any good mods to make the game not feel like nerf fighting hell?

Boneworks edit: I never use the two handed weapons because they feel like dragging a 2×4 through water, but drat that crowbar is amazing for climbing poles and ledges.

Happyimp fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 17, 2019

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does stuff just come to the Quest with like 0 announcement or something

Like I looked up what's available and thought oh, lots of games not on it yet. Then stuff just... comes out

Whoever they signed a contract with, to do marketing, their contract must have expired. Or they used up their annual marketing budget for the year? It's pretty weird for such a high profile product they don't seem to have anyone actively even doing press releases, or rolling out review copies.

Beatsaber keeps releasing DLC, if it weren't for the in game store I wouldn't have known it exists.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Boneworks is fantastic. It has a sheen of euro-jank (think STALKER) but as far as interactivity and coming up with solutions to problems it's unparalleled.

What up son

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What up son

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I was fooling around with Lambda1VR, and something that jumped to me, after all this time not having played HL1 again, was the low audio quality for the voices. It kind of got me out of the experience!

Also, after three weeks with the Quest, despite the majority of time spent in standing/teleport experiences, I feel as I improved notably in how I feel with analog movement.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Happyimp posted:

How are the weapons in this game weaker than sosig guns? Is there any good mods to make the game not feel like nerf fighting hell?
Play on lower difficulty.

This is generally something you want to do on any game ported from pancake PC into VR. Bullet sponges just aren't as fun.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Some games must do well on portable platforms, or the playing patterns don't work well with with stats tracking. BoxVR just updated here, so I checked the stats. It has like 30 concurrent players on average on Steam, yet they licensed over two hours of new music. I'd figure some fitness apps are only played in small bouts.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Tried the Touring Karts demo. It is...............not good

What about it didn't you like?

Actually curious because its stupid popular and I kinda enjoyed it. The AI isn't great, fair. But gameplay is pretty solid imo.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Rookersh posted:

Whats the best way to "find" old VR games. Once I get past the best of/intro stuff and just want to keep playing older games.

Like I'm looking back through some stuff and finding hidden games like Chronos, Lost Echo, Mages Tale, etc etc. Is there a list out there that helps separate out the arena style games with stuff that's actually a fleshed out attempt at a "full" VR game?
My post at the top of page 3 of this thread is basically a list of all the 'full' VR games (though I'm sure there are a few left off still).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

M a x posted:

When I add it to the cart it's full price and the DLC isn't in the cart. Welp.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

sigher posted:

Dang I thought the sale was good as long as the promo code, but they aren't related I guess. I got it and a couple people I know bought it for $10 and unlocked it on Quest.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't unlocked it yet but did buy it. The cart is goofy but the final price should be discounted after entering the coupon (it would show up full price in the cart but total would be correct). The DLC, when I added it, needed to have "oculus" selected and then another drop down appeared with two identical options of "extensions". Pick one of those(I picked the first) and then add to cart.

I did all of this on my phone. It was weirdly buggy using chrome but Firefox worked fine.

Final bill for me was $36 for bridge crew, tng dlc, and Anno 1800(which was $26 after coupon).

Edit: entered the codes in phone oculus app. After I added both codes (which went into the rift library) the quest main page showed Bridge Crew as free, which I bought and added to my library.

Zachack fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 17, 2019

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I had the problem with the dlc not getting added to cart on my desktop. Once you select oculus platform, you have to make an additional selection below that. It seemed pretty wonky, but worked after I got it properly selected.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
SteamVR mod for GTA V released. Will have a trip report tomorrow
https://github.com/LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod/releases/tag/r2

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!

sigher posted:

I just had no issue buying it, you're trying to buy it through the Ubisoft store and not Oculus correct?

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

ShadowHawk posted:

Play on lower difficulty.

This is generally something you want to do on any game ported from pancake PC into VR. Bullet sponges just aren't as fun.

Oh no, the damage is fine. Doom 3 is notorious for having weak sounding and feeling guns.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

KTS posted:

I just had no issue buying it, you're trying to buy it through the Ubisoft store and not Oculus correct?

I’m trying right now and getting the same issue. $7 off from the promo code but total is still $28.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Until You Fall got a small update. You can choose your difficulty in the rune forge and you get a thing that tells you how long your run was on the death screen. Put in another hour and nearly made it to the final boss and worked up an actual, dripping-on-to-my-glasses sweat flailing my arms around blocking sword swings and spellcasts and dodging poo poo. Upgraded the poo poo out of my arcanist's blade, but I'm thinking the shardstorm super isn't really worth it over bulwark or empowered strike. Since I'm apparently the only person ITT who's playing this game (WHAT IS THE DEAL IT'S REALLY FUN GO GET IT) I'll just report back later!
:patriot:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

rage-saq posted:

iz gud?

Do I want to risk my Rockstar account for that?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

KTS posted:

Yeah, the only thing that applies to my cart is the EXTRA20 code, but the store discount doesn't show. So altogether I'm paying $27.

I refreshed the link and it looks like neither product is on sale anymore? What the gently caress?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guy takes apart an Oculus Quest to look at the guts.

https://medium.com/badvr/oculus-quest-headset-disassembly-2f404b004a3c

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Several people have done those. The real challenge is finding someone who's done a proper teardown of a Rift S.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Martytoof posted:

The best thing about Star Trek in VR is the ability to shrug.

Where's our shields?

*shrug*

Also its cross play with psvr and flatscreen pc

So if you know a star trek nerd, you can find a way to make it work and play together

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

How bad is this Survios Westworld game that's on sale for $10 this week? I've liked everything Survios has done so far, and I think Westworld is okay but I'm extremely skeptical of Licensed VR Experiences

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Anyone seen a Quest teardown that includes a teardown of the mainboard? I wanted to see what kind of memory chip it has and how it's attached to the board - the Switch has a nice and easy to access chip that just pulls off or plugs in, and if the Quest is that easy it'd be neat to be able to replace the memory chip if needed or if bigger compatible chips were available.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rage-saq posted:

Gunna try it

EbolaIvory posted:

What about it didn't you like?

Actually curious because its stupid popular and I kinda enjoyed it. The AI isn't great, fair. But gameplay is pretty solid imo.

The steering is twitchy, and I don’t mean like “yeah no poo poo all karts are twitchy” twitchy. There is horrible lag of some sort, one hill on the demo track seems to force your view to move with the corner.

It made me VR sick for the first time in a looooong time.

Maybe I’ll give it another shot with my wheel connected but I’m not too hopeful

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gunna try it

The steering is twitchy, and I don’t mean like “yeah no poo poo all karts are twitchy” twitchy. There is horrible lag of some sort, one hill on the demo track seems to force your view to move with the corner.

Everything driving makes me sick eventually so I always kinda ignore that tbh. So fair.

Wonder what the deal is with turning though, I didn’t have too much trouble. Wonder if something’s bonko atm.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gunna try it

yeah the motion control steering is shite. Use the thumb-stick steering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've tried out VRChat for a bit. Its looking like PC is the best to go since a bunch of models are PC only?