Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
they all have their strengths depending on the cards you've got going on, yo

picking one is for the poors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

In 3rd person, is there a cost in damage or accuracy when you two-hand pistols? When in 3rd person, is there any reason to prefer using only one sidearm at a time?

in third person without the ability two guns are worse than one for accuracy but the same in damage; once you get the ability maxed out you can snipe with two revolvers from the draw distance

i've made headshots at like 100 yards with them during the boat moonshiner mission

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I got a kick of this, because it's a streamer highlight reel of some guy playing RDR2 PC from beginning to end, were he starts playing thing up for laugh and comedic bits but slowly start to take a downward turn as he becomes an emotional wreck by the end where he is literally crying. It's surreal.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Is there an option somewhere to turn off the focus on horse when you right click to aim with a weapon out? I really don't want to repeatedly look at my stupid horse when there's 6 bandits in front of me trying to shoot me. Now is not the time for pats!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Party Plane Jones posted:

in third person without the ability two guns are worse than one for accuracy but the same in damage; once you get the ability maxed out you can snipe with two revolvers from the draw distance

i've made headshots at like 100 yards with them during the boat moonshiner mission

I've heard people talk about abilities and stuff like this.

I'm only playing single player at the moment. Are there abilities like this in the single player game I've been too dang dumb to notice?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

GreatGreen posted:

I've heard people talk about abilities and stuff like this.

I'm only playing single player at the moment. Are there abilities like this in the single player game I've been too dang dumb to notice?

Nah, Online lets you pick from four ability cards and level them up to be stronger. It'd be kinda neat to see single player get something like them though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lemat pros: 9 rounds, shotgun
lemat cons: takes about 4 years to reload, the shotgun kind of sucks and is only really good for knocking people over (this is a useful ability to have tho, just not as useful as killing)

navy pros: looks cool, sounds amazing when rapid firing, you can get a free fully upgraded one if you have GTA5, slightly more damage
navy cons: 6 shots (only a con compared to the lemat itself)

I use both, but I don't dual wield often. Usually I'll run through the lemat bullets and then the shotgun, and then switch to the navy until I can catch a breather to reload both fully.

also yeah RE: abilities, in RDO you get a primary ability which is stuff like Team Health Regen, or gives you access to Level 2 Deadeye (can mark multiple target points, but you don't get the time-slow), and you get three passive cards that do things like More Damage From Horseback or Take Less Damage While Sprinting. There's like 18 of the passives and you can mix and match them.

I'd love something that gave me access to level 3 deadeye so I could selectively mark things (for hunting)

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 18, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can you actually shotgun people with the LaMat?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yes, it has an alt fire mode of a single shotgun shot. It's phenomenal for blasting someone off of their horse or as an oh gently caress moment

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The navy colt isn't in single player is it? :negative:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's got pretty bad range and horrendous spread so it takes a few shots to kill but it will put someone on their rear end for a followup. You can also switch to shotgun mode while dual wielding so you can use the shotgun to flatten someone and then followup with your offhand. Don't forget, Lemat users, there's an option in your game's control settings called "Automatic Pin Switching" that will swap you to shotgun mode when your chamber empties, or back to bullets when you use the shotgun.

now, if you could put a slug in the lemat shotgun chamber, then we'd be talking...

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 18, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Babe Magnet posted:

Yeah it's got pretty bad range and horrendous spread so it takes a few shots to kill but it will put someone on their rear end for a followup. You can also switch to shotgun mode while dual wielding so you can use the shotgun to flatten someone and then followup with your offhand. Don't forget, Lemat users, there's an option in your game's control settings called "Automatic Pin Switching" that will swap you to shotgun mode when your chamber empties, or back to bullets when you use the shotgun.

now, if you could put a slug in the lemat shotgun chamber, then we'd be talking...

100%. Honestly I primarily use it as anti-cav when I'm on horseback. I have the dual wield to Max and damage on horseback max so I can put out a lot of hurt with the lemat

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Babe Magnet posted:

now, if you could put a slug hellfire buckshot in the lemat shotgun chamber, then we'd be talking...

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I was thinking something more along the lines of putting a slug in it to use it for hunting lol

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Navy is loving sweet. :blastu:

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Babe Magnet posted:

I was thinking something more along the lines of putting a slug in it to use it for hunting lol

So was I.

Apparently, we hunt different game. :supaburn:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still super addicted to the photo mode.

Sadie... what have you done?

Arthur about to let 'em rip.

I caught an amazing shot of Dutch around the campfire.

Arthur is just such a hardass. Love it.

Some good ol' boys getting the business done.

The cow mask is seriously the best cosmetic in this game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Glenn Quebec posted:

Yes, it has an alt fire mode of a single shotgun shot. It's phenomenal for blasting someone off of their horse or as an oh gently caress moment

Awesome. I've seen them in other games and never has the shotgun part.

I have this strong desire to hunt a lot to get money, is that effective or better doing bounties and such?

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

twistedmentat posted:

Awesome. I've seen them in other games and never has the shotgun part.

I have this strong desire to hunt a lot to get money, is that effective or better doing bounties and such?

hunting and selling the meat/corpses to the butcher can be surprisingly profitable, but not as much as doing it for the trader role. Fishing is also a pretty chill way to earn in a short period. Use a spinner or something that's for medium fish and up, 15min you can make about $50 with salmon/trout etc.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hunting gators can be pretty good, a full stack of big game meat sells for 15 bucks at the butcher, and 3 or 4 good kills will fill your satchel up.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I want a bicycle for my character.

That is all.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Taintrunner posted:

I'm still super addicted to the photo mode.

Sadie... what have you done?

Arthur about to let 'em rip.

Some good ol' boys getting the business done.

The cow mask is seriously the best cosmetic in this game.

You and me have the same kind of Arthur's. Fancy mustaches for life.

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

That is all.

it's not an unreasonable request....

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Seems like if you pick up an instrument and jam with the band in your shine shack you don't get kicked for idling. I dunno if there is any AFK grinding to do in RDRO mind you.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Sleekly posted:

Seems like if you pick up an instrument and jam with the band in your shine shack you don't get kicked for idling. I dunno if there is any AFK grinding to do in RDRO mind you.
I guess it’d come in handy if you want your trader/moonshine deliveries to build up

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

deadseedinside posted:

it's not an unreasonable request....

Oh yes I want to ride a penny farthing in the middle of St. Denis, please make it happen

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Paperback Writer posted:

I guess it’d come in handy if you want your trader/moonshine deliveries to build up

Kinda a moot point anyways right now, the server will inevitably kick you sooner or later regardless.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

Not ominous foreshadowing at all. :v:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Terra-da-loo! posted:

That is all.

My bi-cycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb.

Those that doubt me,
Suck cock by choice.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

That's a great look.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I started off with that kind of mustache, then went clean cut at the start of the third chapter, then after the events on Guarma kept a giant beard the rest of the game.

Transmogrifier posted:

Not ominous foreshadowing at all. :v:

He HAS a PLAN!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I went level 10 beard in chapter 2 this play through. I don't know if I'll grow it back once I get far enough to need to.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dameius posted:

I went level 10 beard in chapter 2 this play through. I don't know if I'll grow it back once I get far enough to need to.

Whoa wait? I thought level 10 beard was locked until later chapters. My first playthrough was spent guzzling hair tonic and I couldn't get past 8 and someone here said it was story locked.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
snow is coming to the whole map this update. also a bonus if you play between the 23rd and the 25th like the losers we are. my posse is my real family

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So I'm at the point where I have to drink Hair Tonic to grow my hair and beard any longer. I'm at 8 out of 10 length I believe.

I found some in the General Store at Saint Denis but it was sold out. Thinking this was just the game telling me my inventory was full or something, I drank a slot's worth of low level tonics to make room. Still sold out.

Is there a trick or something I don't know about? Where can I get some dang Hair Tonic?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So I'm at the point where I have to drink Hair Tonic to grow my hair and beard any longer. I'm at 8 out of 10 length I believe.

I found some in the General Store at Saint Denis but it was sold out. Thinking this was just the game telling me my inventory was full or something, I drank a slot's worth of low level tonics to make room. Still sold out.

Is there a trick or something I don't know about? Where can I get some dang Hair Tonic?

Each individual tonic has its own maximum; you have to drink your current hair tonic if you want to buy any more.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ainsley McTree posted:

Each individual tonic has its own maximum; you have to drink your current hair tonic if you want to buy any more.

And for added fun, they don't pop up in the radial menu with all the other tonics, you have to open your satchel and go to kit. You probably picked up three just from looting various camps along the way.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't find any in my inventory though. I'm looking for a yellow tonic in the Tonic section of my inventory called "Hair Tonic" but I don't see it in there.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

GreatGreen posted:

The "Sold Out" in the catalogs is telling you that you inventory *for that specific item* is full. You can chug every single other tonic you have, it will not free up space for Hair Tonic. efb

Also, even sucking down Boahgaine (with Yeehawxodyl) like water, it'll still take time for your hair to grow. Fast travel long distances, take long romantic stage or train trips, and if it's possible (see above discussion regarding story-locked face foliage length) you get hairier.

Finished out Algernon's quests and now have SpiffyHat. Also the orchids are respawning again, and random egret swarms are occurring. (Like, eight or so, in one swampy mudpit north of St Denis, this morning.)

Had to paddle from Swamp Manor all the way, but got to the Penitentiary and snagged me a Legendary Bullhead Catfish. Shoulda tried snagging one of those steam motor-launches.

If I boat across from Anneburg or Van Horn, is there anything actually on the far side of the river, or does the game just murder me? Was thinking of going past Blackwater and south as well, but videos seem to show it's invisible sniper country. (Also, no preferred horsie.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GreatGreen posted:

I can't find any in my inventory though. I'm looking for a yellow tonic in the Tonic section of my inventory called "Hair Tonic" but I don't see it in there.

DrNutt posted:

And for added fun, they don't pop up in the radial menu with all the other tonics, you have to open your satchel and go to kit. You probably picked up three just from looting various camps along the way.