Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Squiggly posted:

Don't worry everyone Squiggly has arrived to make this a party

how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Hes having a paddle party at the harold holt swimming pool

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Ubhh...is pod being a spectator correct?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##unvote

In case not being able to vote pod is legit.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nah I'm a player, it looks like Mikujin left CPig in as a player and me as a spectator from the dark days when this game was dead. I pinged him in my confessional to fix it.

Also Amnistar/Hal, feel free to fill me in on what's bothering you about my posts when you figure it out! In the meantime, let's all continue to appreciate how this is a real actual vote that's even been doubled down on:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Lame fakeclaim followed by complaining about a role claim? Not on my beat!

##vote gulagdolls

Imp, could you please comment on anyone else in the game? ##vote 2 penny bottle imp

In the meantime - my vote on Squiggly was for lurking (##unvote) in line with what I assumed Sandwolf/Hum's votes on Nep and CPig were - but CPig isn't playing and now that I look back Nep was already posting. Sandwolf, what's with the Nep vote?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Podima posted:

Also Amnistar/Hal, feel free to fill me in on what's bothering you about my posts when you figure it out! In the meantime, let's all continue to appreciate how this is a real actual vote that's even been doubled down on:

Imp, could you please comment on anyone else in the game? ##vote 2 penny bottle imp

In the meantime - my vote on Squiggly was for lurking (##unvote) in line with what I assumed Sandwolf/Hum's votes on Nep and CPig were - but CPig isn't playing and now that I look back Nep was already posting. Sandwolf, what's with the Nep vote?

Could you clarify - your unvote 'against squiggly' came after your vote on me. So that cancels your vote against me, right? Is that accidental, or is your vote against me just showmanship?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did anything important happen in the last 150 posts?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
We got a cop claim, that's pretty wild on D1

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Could you clarify - your unvote 'against squiggly' came after your vote on me. So that cancels your vote against me, right? Is that accidental, or is your vote against me just showmanship?

lol good eye, that's what I get for posting before coffee.

##vote tuppence djinn

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good morning crew,

I'd like to announce that Det. Podima has shown great initiative and is new to the force.

I know you all thought officer pig would be present, but the dirty rats in IA transfered him to another precinct.

Det. Squiggly is that booze on your breath? Did you forget you were on a case?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok i caught up on all this nonsense. since podima observes literally every game of mafia ever, i'm gonna assume he's a mafia mastermind and trust his read on 2penny ##vote imp hell yeah this bandwagon feels nice.
for real though nothing has happened yet. somebody scumclaim or something

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ehh, on 2nd thought ##vote bern for probably definitely lying about the lie detect

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Steak posted:

ok i caught up on all this nonsense. since podima observes literally every game of mafia ever, i'm gonna assume he's a mafia mastermind and trust his read on 2penny ##vote imp hell yeah this bandwagon feels nice.
for real though nothing has happened yet. somebody scumclaim or something

Don't assume competence on my part, I'm very dumb.

Mr. Steak posted:

ehh, on 2nd thought ##vote bern for probably definitely lying about the lie detect

What's your opinion on the weird flavor counterclaim between Gulag and AA? That's the other instance of "lying" that tuppence djinni is currently voting Gulag for.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

Don't assume competence on my part, I'm very dumb.

What's your opinion on the weird flavor counterclaim between Gulag and AA? That's the other instance of "lying" that tuppence djinni is currently voting Gulag for.

i think its gulag saying random poo poo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i think its gulag saying random poo poo

Agreed, as I am your police chief.

Det. Podima, I'm sure you've witnessed officer gulag's marked vitriol regarding his commanding officers.

You can point to his performance in Chief Toalpaz's Umineko or Mr. Steak's passive abilities or Chief Toalpaz's Vtubers... Officer Gulag has it out for their dear old chief. I'm a mean sumbitch, and occasionally not 100% above board, so I don't blame them, but it's OMGUS territory if anything.

If Officer Gulag actually has a stake for the title of Police Chief I'd be quite interested in hearing it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is a silly question

Oh I realized I never addressed this - I recall Gulag complaining in some previous game's deadchat about how nobody listened to him when he was very obviously counterclaiming someone else, and didn't want history to repeat itself with a "lol it's just that wacky ole Gulag" hence the pointed question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Oh I realized I never addressed this - I recall Gulag complaining in some previous game's deadchat about how nobody listened to him when he was very obviously counterclaiming someone else, and didn't want history to repeat itself with a "lol it's just that wacky ole Gulag" hence the pointed question.

I think he would have pointedly been more clear if he was actually counterclaiming my flavor claim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He hasn't voted you, so I'm letting it go for now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Don't let a gulag vote on me be your indicator for much lol, He's a mean ol' stinky doo head and will probably vote me regardless of opinion/role/alignment.

##vote Hal

Going to do this for now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im taking the fact that gulag hasnt voted aa as a sign that aa is town.

gulag is the aa diviner, after all

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

lol good eye, that's what I get for posting before coffee.

##vote tuppence djinn

Because I wasn't clear before, Ill lay out the reason for my vote and why I sustained it;

Right at the start, Gulag said he was reverse miller. And I don't like early fakeclaims like this on principle as it muddies the water; crap in the beginning provides flexibility for breadcrumbing nonsense later on.

Eventually Gulag complained about AA doing the police chief thing, which in my head was a similar concept to his fakeclaim. Leaving aside that the reverse miller may have been a joke (again, I don't care for that type of early chatter)... ehhh it just struck me as hypocritical. Then yesterday Gulag omgus!'d 2 people, so my vote remained.

If consensus is just that the reverse miller thing shouldnt be given any weight, then I could change my vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Because I wasn't clear before, Ill lay out the reason for my vote and why I sustained it;

Right at the start, Gulag said he was reverse miller. And I don't like early fakeclaims like this on principle as it muddies the water; crap in the beginning provides flexibility for breadcrumbing nonsense later on.

Eventually Gulag complained about AA doing the police chief thing, which in my head was a similar concept to his fakeclaim. Leaving aside that the reverse miller may have been a joke (again, I don't care for that type of early chatter)... ehhh it just struck me as hypocritical. Then yesterday Gulag omgus!'d 2 people, so my vote remained.

If consensus is just that the reverse miller thing shouldnt be given any weight, then I could change my vote.

I like this post, it makes me feel good about imp.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I'm on board for this tbqh -- phoneposting last night so wasn't very verbose. I don't know Gulag's meta (but it sounds pretty shitposty) and I hate meta defenses, so he's posting weird pseudo-claims and OMGusing for no reason and being very "weird and forced" and that's enough for me in the context of everything that's been posted thus far.

I need to be very deliberate with my voting this game, instead of my usual willy-nilly, but ##vote Gulag

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bern -- can you clearly explain your lie detector thing, and whether it's shitposting or not?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Chief AA is obviously out leader and should be listened to. You don't get to become police chief at random.

I'm just enjoying AA's commentary as a police chief so much that I am certain he is town at least for the first couple of days.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I appreciate this, it helps! Can you please comment on someone else other than Gulag? Has anyone/anything else caught your eye?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I'm on board for this tbqh -- phoneposting last night so wasn't very verbose. I don't know Gulag's meta (but it sounds pretty shitposty) and I hate meta defenses, so he's posting weird pseudo-claims and OMGusing for no reason and being very "weird and forced" and that's enough for me in the context of everything that's been posted thus far.

I need to be very deliberate with my voting this game, instead of my usual willy-nilly, but ##vote Gulag

This on the other hand is not good, why are you focusing in on Gulag here and giving flavorposters like AA and Birb a pass? (Though I do see you're prodding Birb about the lie detector.) It's weird to double down on Gulag when the post you quoted is explaining how they might be open to backing off.

I'm also not a fan of the WELL MY VOTING WILL BE DELIBERATE, it feels self-conscious.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

This bears watching in my opinion. It is at least initially making sense to me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
To be very clear - I still firmly disagree with 2penny's assertions, but the fact that there's clearly some kind of internal logic behind them helps.

The stuff being called out about Gulag is no worse than any other Day 1 shitposting, and I'm skeptical of people who are using it as an excuse to not meaningfully comment on other things.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

This on the other hand is not good, why are you focusing in on Gulag here and giving flavorposters like AA and Birb a pass? (Though I do see you're prodding Birb about the lie detector.) It's weird to double down on Gulag when the post you quoted is explaining how they might be open to backing off.

I'm also not a fan of the WELL MY VOTING WILL BE DELIBERATE, it feels self-conscious.

AA is flavorposting and hasn't made any contradictory claims or accusations. I'm not focusing on Gulag for flavorposting.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

The stuff being called out about Gulag is no worse than any other Day 1 shitposting, and I'm skeptical of people who are using it as an excuse to not meaningfully comment on other things.

Yeah kind of funny that my vote got so much traction from semi-lurkers.

Crazy world out there. *sips coffee*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also there's more than flavor to my posting. I've provided some p. Deliberate crumbs.

Donut crumbs...? Nonsense. Justice crumbs.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

To be very clear - I still firmly disagree with 2penny's assertions, but the fact that there's clearly some kind of internal logic behind them helps.

Writing it off as shitposting is easy and the type of meta defense I don't like.

He's counterclaiming AA without making any counterclaim, he's being OMGUSy for no reason.

Intentionally introducing conflict and ambiguity is scum behavior.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
As far as the rest of this pen goes:

I've got good feelings about Det. Podima and his return to the force is a welcome one.

I feel alright about Officers and Detectives Leith, tuppencegoblin, birb, paul

These officers and detectives skirt the line:
Amni, nep, steakums, sand, hum

I'm about to pull these files for review:
Hal, gulag, dancer, squig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Clarification because the chief ain't done with his brief, det podima is in the same standing in my eyes as officers paul, leith, imp and birb. Genuine reactions or silly play, nothing curious afaiac

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Posting an opinion list seems ridiculously premature and posture-y IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Paul ReiserFS posted:

How does this jibe with this:

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Intentionally introducing conflict and ambiguity is scum behavior.

Getting opinions out there is townie, you're making calls and taking stances to be analyzed by others.

Do you disagree with AA's list? If so, what do you disagree with on there?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I'll further clarify for you, detective... my opinion of this teams collective performance is based on the individuals willingness to engage mostly at this point and the sincerity behind the words they've put down.

Some officers are all protocol, some are all jokes. Im looking for the officers who are abusing protocol and playing it off like jokes.

So far the closest I've seen come to that is birb, but i take that detectives work less seriously in general and am confident in my ability to determine if he's loving around as the work week progresses.

*sips coffee*

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Chief AA is obviously out leader and should be listened to. You don't get to become police chief at random.

I'm just enjoying AA's commentary as a police chief so much that I am certain he is town at least for the first couple of days.

This post I do not like.

##vote Leith

It feels crafted to be able to be pointed to as evidence of thinking AA was town or dismissed as a joking comment depending upon how the thread flows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think we need more doughnuts and coffee and watch who grabs the doughnuts and coffee and who watches the people grabbing the doughnuts and coffee.

As I grab doughnuts and coffee.