Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
One unit of Omber for 500m? Sounds like a bargain!

(nobody buys ore)

Also, right now there's a small gang of us flying through space making GBS threads up comms and pissing of the chinese we find ratting or mining near our space. Hell, I managed to kill and pod two Ventures while idling outside our station while we were organizing the fleet to start. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah i'll totally hop back in once they add sov, or some reason to ownzone people

i can easily camp stations and force people out, but why cause people to quit before I can have a metric of my incredible victories over others?

owning people in video games is hollow without my daddy issues fulfilled

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I still like killmail whoring. :colbert:

Some of the poo poo the Chinese players say when you kill them can be amusing too. One dude was mining in a belt alone and when 5 of us dropped on him his last words were "This is suspicious".

It's a good time to fly expensive ships without fear of losing them. If it's all going to get wiped in a few months anyway, what's the point of having a billion isk?

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Inimicul posted:

One unit of Omber for 500m? Sounds like a bargain!

(nobody buys ore)

Also, right now there's a small gang of us flying through space making GBS threads up comms and pissing of the chinese we find ratting or mining near our space. Hell, I managed to kill and pod two Ventures while idling outside our station while we were organizing the fleet to start. :D

Just make sure no one in your station is selling it for less. My buddy was trying to move some isk today and didn't listen to me about that and ended up buying some guys piece of trit for 70 milllion.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I have no idea what CCP is trying to achieve with these jibberish nonsense slot layouts.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

So I un-dock from our home station thinking I'll make a quick run policing our belts against wildcat miners and there's this Condor sitting on the un-dock. I lock it up and pop it. the pod manages to re-dock then a few seconds later it un-docks again so I kill the pod. Then I look in the wreck and it has a Worm blueprint in it, 82 million isk value. Someone had a bad night, but it wasn't me.

Skex fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 15, 2019

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

drat, I was just looking to buy one of those boys until I saw the price tag. Nice find! Hopefully it wasn't some unaware goon. :ohdear:

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

drat, I was just looking to buy one of those boys until I saw the price tag. Nice find! Hopefully it wasn't some unaware goon. :ohdear:

If they were they should have put their name on the roster so we'd know not to shoot them :)

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Skex posted:

If they were they should have put their name on the roster so we'd know not to shoot them :)

Good point.

Also, shoot blues.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Destroyers are really fun to fly, I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time on frigate skills but I'll use them for roams I suppose

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Destroyers are easy to get into and quite effective. They scale well and with advanced skills, some of the more advanced destroyers can put out some serious hurt for a fraction of cruiser money (just not as tanky). I've considered making destroyers the default recommended newbie build as that's also where you'll start to see mid slots.

I've been making a ton of tackling frigates but the lack of direct trading means I've been sitting on them until it's time for an op or someone wants to get one. I don't see frigates as a waste of skill points since so much of this game is going to depend on fast locks and good points. Some of our best roams have been in frigate heavy fleets with the expensive ships like the Worm and Garmur. Holy poo poo those things own. They're super expensive but we're all space rich and we can't keep it anyway so why not fly the best?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Makes sense. I'm really digging the corax right now, and the advanced destroyer skills really buff it well. I can't wait to get into a cruor in this game though, neuts and nos are always a blast

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Is there a way to increase your SP/min?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Is there a way to increase your SP/min?

No. It's a flat 1 SP/second with a 50k SP and 200k ISK daily log-in reward mailed out at roughly midnight UTC. If you don't claim it, it does expire. Don't forget to claim it when you're refreshing your PI alts too.

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
When does the wipe happen? Not gonna play till then.

SliceOfPie
Jul 28, 2013

Caption Yaypants posted:

When does the wipe happen? Not gonna play till then.

It sounds like there will be multiple open betas. In a recent q and a, devs said they won’t be able to implement corps. and alliances during this beta.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

SliceOfPie posted:

It sounds like there will be multiple open betas. In a recent q and a, devs said they won’t be able to implement corps. and alliances during this beta.

Mixed feelings about that, on the one hand I'm glad that they're being thorough prior to release, on the other hand it's going to be hard to do much more than the piddling around small gang stuff we're doing now, which to be fair is kind of fun. Honestly though if they don't think they can complete this by the end of this "beta" they should just extend the beta for further testing.

That said I'm enjoying the piddling around blowing stuff up and getting blown up. I'm getting 2-4 kills a night without much effort and the two roams we went on last weekend resulted in something like 14 kills Friday night and 4 Saturday.Flying and losing expensive ships with no cares.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
literally cannot wait for next reset w/ sovereignty and corporations and player trading

that'll make the game

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
this just got posted, looks like we're getting eve style monetization

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

uhm... post much????

that image is VERY big and disorientating for readersof this forums

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmao

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I don't see anything about shield mods in low slots or losing a few mil to isk doublers, how can I truly believe he's one of us

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Are they planning to put a better character creation system in place, one where you can actually tweak your profile like regular Eve? I hope the current one is just a placeholder.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

Books On Tape posted:

Are they planning to put a better character creation system in place, one where you can actually tweak your profile like regular Eve? I hope the current one is just a placeholder.

I'd expect so, though I don't remember anything specifically said about it. There are so many other higher priority things for them to work on.

As it stands now since they're currently talking about a second beta test the game is probably a good 6 months or more from being ready for full release.

Personally I think them holding off on implementing the corporate and grouping mechanisms until the "next beta" is a mistake. All the game truly lacks to be viable commercially at this point is the social infrastructure (corporation, alliance, standings) mechanics and a monetization model which if they do go with essentially the EVE O model shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Our biggest limitation as a group currently is the requirement to manually manage contacts and friendlies from our roster spreadsheet adding every one of the names for the 50+ goons and all our alts. As it is I've only bothered to update all my contacts on my main combat character and just not shoot anything with the others (they're just space truckers atm anyway), that initial investment of effort is likely off-putting to potential new players who find out that they're going to have to manually add 100 weird spelled names with a phone (or the buggy Bluestacks) keyboard, particularly given that this is all going to be reset in a couple months anyway.

The potential of a second or even 3rd Beta is even more off putting for newer players, particularly given that I honestly think that the majority of the initial player base are going to have signed up for the Beta anyway.

I have to give the developers credit, while I don't agree with every decision they've made in their implementation or prioritization, they have really managed to make this a workable, playable, dare I say enjoyable mobile EVE experience.The fact that they didn't just slap a P2W monetization scheme on it and release this as is gives me some level of confidence that the final product could really be great.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

they need a sov war system tbh, i have no interest in playing until there is a way to claim territory, and ideally a reason to claim territory beyond the e-dick measuring contest

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

they need a sov war system tbh, i have no interest in playing until there is a way to claim territory, and ideally a reason to claim territory beyond the e-dick measuring contest

I don't know, I kind of like it without SOV, null feels more like untamed wilderness than an over developed suburb. I think if we could have decent sized corporations, fleets and shared standings it would go a long way to solving what's lacking. We could still claim space, we'd just have to do it by actively playing and killing interlopers rather than strategically fueling structures to join in a slow motion battle where you might get to cycle your weapons every 5 minutes (or however the hell they do it nowadays).

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

killing things without an overarching goal is kinda boring tho

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

killing things without an overarching goal is kinda boring tho

bbut the pubbie tearz

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's just me, the tears are good and all but i'm more of a 'if i'm literally the top 1% of people in this mobile game give me something to swing my dick around in'

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Inimicul posted:

As for the missile Cormorant, apparently during the alpha people noticed that you couldn't speed tank missiles like you should be able to. That led to everyone using missiles since they always did full damage, no matter what.

Does that make Kestrels the new Rifters for Goons?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I'm sorry, I'm on the phone

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
We tried Kestrel fleet once and it net us a few kills but anything that didn't die in a bigass salvo of missile spam warped out because T2 frigates have no mid slots for warp disruptors. The first thing someone's likely to sit in that does have mids are the destroyers. Better DPS, still pretty cheap, but they're all gun bonused. That's not a huge deal because a 20% bonus to missiles for the two missile racks a Kestrel has isn't as good as having a 3rd rack like any of the destroyers. There is also a lot of destroyer variants along the upgrade path so if someone wanted to go all the way up the destroyer tree, they'll get into interdictors and some of the other variations that are out there.

Edit: HyperHauling seems to be nerfed. My usual 50m run is saying I'll only get 8m and I'm 99% sure that's the same as I paid for the shipment to begin with so no profit at all. In the AMA, someone asked when logistics payouts would return. I didn't think they had been removed but apparently after the patch this morning, it went away.

quote:

Hi guys. As you know, Logistic is a new gameplay. To encourage players to engage Logistic, we set subsidy. So that we can collect more feedback about it.
But recently, players have found a loophole to gain the subsidy by shipping their own cargos, which is against our purpose. So we decide to cut the subsidy in OBT.
And in the future, we will make the subsidy dynamic, which means it will adjust by supply and demand.
Thanks for your understanding.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 20, 2019

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
So I’ve been playing second galaxy and pvp you would always use a battleship. Are smaller ships in eve a threat to bigger ones or is it just you don’t want to risk losing an expensive ship?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Smaller ships do have a place in the EVE universe but right now the meta is not in its favor. I've seen a skilled interceptor pilot tear a battleship apart in EO but nobody can fly battleships in the beta yet. Very very few alpha players can fly battlecruisers right now so when they show up on killmails, it's a huge loss. Most people right now are in frigates, destroyers, and cruisers. Of those, the Caracal missile cruiser just one shots frigates and two shots destroyers. Missiles are still pretty good at what they do. I haven't seen anyone do a good job of speed tanking missiles yet. I'm not sure if it's working as intended or not but when looking at the current mix of modules, rigs, and skills, it looks like missiles will always trump smaller sig radius and speed tanking.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

rip hyperhauling, i only made 6 billion off of it in 2 days :(

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Did the tutorial where you fight pirates, take loot, and then buy a new ship. That's where the tutorial ends.

So what do I do now?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Tortilla Maker posted:

Did the tutorial where you fight pirates, take loot, and then buy a new ship. That's where the tutorial ends.

So what do I do now?

Train destroyer and missile skills, sign up with goons, and go ruin peoples' day in nullsec.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

drat, so is the iOS beta full until release? That whomps

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They purge the list from time to time to let more people in. If it says it's full, hop into the official discord and ask if they're planning on doing another purge.

Also, do yourself a favor and add GOON. before your name if you want to make it easy on yourself since corps aren't in game yet and we're having to manually friend everyone. I'm seeing more and more groups in game do this with their new characters and I'm officially jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bring back the VCBees