Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Nietschke initially ruptured the ACL in his right knee in February, before re-injuring the same knee at last Friday's training session in a devastating blow for the 19-year-old."

RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Yeah not good. Will have two years on the list without being available for selection

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
At least it isn't your captain out for two whole years...

:(

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Alex rance retiring effective immediately. Queue the whinging that he was overrated while also proclaiming he is so important to Richmond that we will now fail.

:( I wonder what’s up? Hope he’s all good in any case.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Hasn't the talk been for years that he was looking to move on from footy? Seems to have other priorities.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah he’s been saying he’s over it for a while. The long term injury was probably the final nail.

He ducked anyway 😊

Edit: I’m leaving that auto correct

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I mean he was overrated and the fact Richmond went on to win the flag without him pretty easily was telling. Good player, but dirty and overrated.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

thepokey posted:

I mean he was overrated and the fact Richmond went on to win the flag without him pretty easily was telling. Good player, but dirty and overrated.

To be fair the tactic of "Hope the other team literally plays their worst ever game" was a ballsy one.

But yes, Rance was overrated and got away with far far more then he aught to have been.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Is he moving away from the game for religious reasons?

Coz I read somewhere that the 'competetiveness' aspect of professional sport was at odds, or at least problematic with Jehovahs Witnesses.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
He nearly didn’t get over the line on his last contract with wanting to go door knock for the JWs

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
All full backs play dirty, it comes with the position.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I can’t think of a good fullback who never played dirty.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

snaeksikn posted:

All full backs play dirty, it comes with the position.

Except for good lad and exceptional Half Back, my man, Brad Sheppard.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Mal Michael wasn't that dirty as full backs go was he?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Robodog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5d8qE-BbFg&t=187s

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Robodog posted:

lol

Not that this has anything personally to do with Rance, I’ll just be glad to not have commentators fawning all over him when he’s within 50m of the ball

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Nutsngum posted:

To be fair the tactic of "Hope the other team literally plays their worst ever game" was a ballsy one.

To be fair, it worked for them in 2017 as well.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
haha GWS played their worst two scores ever in 2019 and 3 of their worst 9 ever as well, and made the grand final.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Yeah I can’t think of a good fullback who never played dirty.

Matthew Scarlett was a complete and utter gentleman and any words said otherwise are completely untrue and biased :colbert:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Matthew Scarlett was a complete and utter gentleman and any words said otherwise are completely untrue and biased :colbert:

I stand corrected

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Darren Glass and Eric Mackenzie and Shannon Hurn are all exceptional full backs that are/were also exceptionally fair and nice

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Don't forget Truck Rutten!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I would add Shane Parker to that list, probably the most unknown 200+ game player of the last 30 years

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

cmndstab posted:

To be fair, it worked for them in 2017 as well.

What a coincidence that teams keep playing badly against Richmond in high pressure situations

Maybe it’s actually that Richmond is good?

No it’s the other teams that are wrong

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The Rance defender has logged on

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
All premierships are undeserved and only happened because everyone else hosed up. I’d say burn it all down but our country is working on that already

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

Don't forget Truck Rutten!

My dubious claim to AFL fame is that I went to school with Truck, played aussie rules against him in PE, and got him pinged holding the ball (because he just ignored the fact that I was hanging onto him and kept moving)

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

teacup posted:

What a coincidence that teams keep playing badly against Richmond in high pressure situations

Nobody is taking away from Richmond's premiership credentials, settle down.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Chairchucker posted:

My dubious claim to AFL fame is that I went to school with Truck, played aussie rules against him in PE, and got him pinged holding the ball (because he just ignored the fact that I was hanging onto him and kept moving)

I have a similar story about Wallaby Digby Ioane, except when I held on to him he just kept running straight through me and cracked my ribs and he kept running and scored a try. I tried.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Brett Burton is pissed at having been portrayed as one of the key problems at the Crows, and sued them over the size of his payout. They've apparently settled out of court.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

teacup posted:

Its pretty much a Steven Bradbury. They absolutely deserved it based on the mountain of work required to even get there but it still required the opponent to fall off a cliff for no reason.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Nutsngum posted:

Its pretty much a Steven Bradbury. They absolutely deserved it based on the mountain of work required to even get there but it still required the opponent to fall off a cliff for no reason.

I mean GWS collapsing so hilariously is funny, but Steven Bradbury would be dead last of the others didn’t collapse.

Richmond would have beaten GWS even if they played their best that day anyway.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Brett Burton is pissed at having been portrayed as one of the key problems at the Crows, and sued them over the size of his payout. They've apparently settled out of court.

The truth hurts

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

teacup posted:

Richmond would have beaten GWS even if they played their best that day anyway.

lol

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Lol

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s 45 loving degrees

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I played on Joel Corey a few times when he was playing for Giraweeen back in the day, he’d beat our side by himself. I would try and ruck against him, but he tapped the ball to himself and waltzed into the forward line slotting goals.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Sounds like a bit of a dick tbh

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Bundaberg ginger beer with lemon myrtle is pretty good.

https://www.bundaberg.com/brew/ginger-beer-lemon-myrtle/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Spedman posted:

Bundaberg ginger beer with lemon myrtle is pretty good.

https://www.bundaberg.com/brew/ginger-beer-lemon-myrtle/

Oof, I need to get some lemon myrtle growing next year. It's has a better lemon flavour than actual lemons!