Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I'm looking forward to my grow operation paying off because as is, I have to ration and hold off. I don't necessarily like to wake and bake but it'd be cool to smoke a grinder full and call it Tuesday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

If it was socially acceptable I’d have a pack of joints on me at all times and smoke them like people smoke cigarettes.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I think in the (hopefully) not very distant future weed will be treated more or less like tobacco in the workplace. People will take smoke breaks to light up a j and it will own.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I think I've smoked over an eighth in a day. It's kinda dumb though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not saying it isn't dumb but all the damage from the military can get me an extended plant count for home grow here. It's literally weed or fistfuls of opiates, I'm happy with where weed gets me.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Harton posted:

Yeah I feel like I’m in a similar boat, I smoke wayyy to much. I used to primarily smoke bowls and bongs but it’s killing my lungs. Those huge coughing fits after a bong hit are pretty awful nowadays.

I’m trying to balance it out a bit with edibles but I just can’t seem to make them strong enough. Last batch I used an oz with a cup of oil and I’m still eating obnoxious amounts of it to feel anything.

I just can’t see taking a tolerance break either. There is no way I’ll just go all day without smoking if I have weed to smoke.

you might want to look into vaping concentrates. doing dabs makes me cough like all get out but i can vape a dab in my vapexhale at low temps and it's much smoother

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Not saying it isn't dumb but all the damage from the military can get me an extended plant count for home grow here. It's literally weed or fistfuls of opiates, I'm happy with where weed gets me.

If you actually grow 99 plants or whatever your limit is, you'll basically have infinite weed/have to start making hash

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think I smoke about an eighth or so, maybe a little bit more, a day when I'm not at work. :shrug: been doing so for years now. Honestly thought everyone smoked like me.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick smokes about an 1/8th a week. It would probably be about a 1/4 if he didn't have to work. It would probably be about a 1/2 if he didn't have to work and suffered constant, chronic pain. It would be at least an ounce if he had to work and suffered chronic pain.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, that's a pretty accurate estimate for a while. I've had this pile of back problems for 15 years now. It's not even remotely close to the word tolerable without weed and I'm not taking any opiates the VA tries to give me. I've refused opiate painkillers from those fuckers every time I've seen my docs, with exception to emergency room visits.

The good thing about having a medical card is the dispensaries track purchases from day one, and someday the VA is going to acknowledge the medical applications of weed and possibly, if the veterans groups bitch enough, get reimbursed for years of paying for their own medication. So if I have a lottery ticket that might pay off, it's my years of receipts I'll have by then, that the dispensary will print off in its' entirety if needed. That's a really, really long shot though, like, most of the current generation of us veterans will be dead by then.

If I ever get a 99 plant count I'm just going to put weed in everything and never leave the property. Maybe one day have a scrooge mcduck vault of weed to swim in.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
My tolerance is too low now, I can smoke like a 0.2g bowl now and it kills me.
Gonna be growing at some point, makes me happy to see a GBS weed thread..

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Happy holidays weedgoons. My dad died the day before Thanksgiving from a heart attack at 67. Going through his papers and affairs we found he was about halfway through a grow with about 6 plants in a the special room he had built in the basement. This wasn't a surprise, we knew he grew weed for himself, mom, and my uncle ever since my brother and I left for college. Anyway my wife and I took some of the seedlings home with us to our legal state (dad's state was not legal) to grow in a tent. I have absolutely no idea what kind of weed it is, but whatever it is I'm sure my dad's dying wish would be that I blaze it up in his memory. RIP dad!

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
gently caress yeah dude have you seen How High?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXx2ROOa_ZQ&t=20s

red19fire
May 26, 2010

How does one get into the cannabis industry in a non legal state?

Like I work as a photographer now in NJ, and I want to be on the first wave shooting ad campaigns if/when the state eventually legalizes.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 20, 2019

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

The Bramble posted:

Happy holidays weedgoons. My dad died the day before Thanksgiving from a heart attack at 67. Going through his papers and affairs we found he was about halfway through a grow with about 6 plants in a the special room he had built in the basement. This wasn't a surprise, we knew he grew weed for himself, mom, and my uncle ever since my brother and I left for college. Anyway my wife and I took some of the seedlings home with us to our legal state (dad's state was not legal) to grow in a tent. I have absolutely no idea what kind of weed it is, but whatever it is I'm sure my dad's dying wish would be that I blaze it up in his memory. RIP dad!

rip blaze it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

red19fire posted:

Like I work as a photographer now in NJ, and I want to be on the first wave shooting ad campaigns if/when the state eventually legalizes.

i may be wrong but i thought NJ already had dispensaries just for medical patients? if so, those would be the people to approach because when the state goes fully legal those will likely be the first dispensaries open to the public, most of them will convert to recreational - at least thats how it worked here in CA

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

The Bramble posted:

RIP but absolutely his dying wish would be for you to blaze his plants. Smoke one for all the good Dad's out there.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

red19fire posted:

It's going to depend on how NJ handles the rollout. Here in MA it was legal to grow your own almost 18 months before the first store opened up. Some people made a lot of money selling hydroponic equipment, doing home installs, or providing consulting on how to grow indoors in the early days. Even today I'm pretty sure directly advertising weed for sale is either banned or heavily discouraged in the state.

If you want to get into the ground floor I'd look into some of the weed-adjacent businesses who stand to benefit from legalization to get your foot in the door.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Bramble posted:

Even today I'm pretty sure directly advertising weed for sale is either banned or heavily discouraged in the state.

lol yes that's Mass af - in OR and WA there are huge billboards for weed all over the place.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Earwicker posted:

lol yes that's Mass af - in OR and WA there are huge billboards for weed all over the place.

Super jealous of the prices I've heard you guys pay out there. We wait in the cold outside while the security guard let's us inside via an airlock-like system to go buy an ounce of one of the 4 or 5 varieties on sale for over $500 after taxes.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got an oz for $70 the other day and it was pretty good stuff and I didn't have to wait in line. God bless legal weed

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Bramble posted:

Super jealous of the prices I've heard you guys pay out there. We wait in the cold outside while the security guard let's us inside via an airlock-like system to go buy an ounce of one of the 4 or 5 varieties on sale for over $500 after taxes.

im down in California we have a lot of taxes too, as well as armed security guards and an annoying system to get into any dispensary. luckily i travel to the northwest a lot. OR, WA, and CO are the states doing it right. i often see the same products in Oregon for literally half the price they are in LA.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I still hear of ounces of cartel weed in Texas being under $100. Usually it's got a lot of sun leaf and seeds, a pissy-weedy smell, and a comes in a little brown by default. You can burn this poo poo down in joints all day because that's what it's made for. Usually there's a second stash of the hydro somewhere for the bowls.

Jascum
Sep 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

grillster posted:

I still hear of ounces of cartel weed in Texas being under $100. Usually it's got a lot of sun leaf and seeds, a pissy-weedy smell, and a comes in a little brown by default. You can burn this poo poo down in joints all day because that's what it's made for. Usually there's a second stash of the hydro somewhere for the bowls.

So do I contact the cartel directly?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got my medical card back in May and haven't paid poo poo in taxes since. Decent rec weed in Denver is $120+/oz. Medical here is $80-100 with significantly less tax, like 2% overall. I can get an ounce for $72 at the work dispos, or shake for $1/g when they run the sale (every third weekend).

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shake is the only thing that gives me a headache, I'm surprised how many people choose to smoke it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well, I know where the shake came from, that's why I buy it. I don't buy shake at other places in town, because that poo poo is usually stem and leaf with little buds mixed in. Our shake at work, overwhelmingly little buds or poo poo that just didn't sell and is close to testing expiry. Often they'll grind up a slow seller/low tester just to add to the weight of the shake.

It's not all bad, but it's not exactly great.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
All the small shops around me (LA) got raided last week so now my closest option is a bougie rear end Apple store where I can buy an oz of headband for the low low price of $320.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Use shake for edibles.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If it's stemmy or leafy, yeah. Little buds, roll that poo poo up.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
shake is for the booty

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

So edibles are legal in Canada and have started appearing on store shelves in most provinces. I'm curious about trying the gummies, cookies, and chocolates, but I'm not sure about them. I have a pretty low tolerance, and realized that a 75 mg half gram joint of moderate potency is enough for me to get high for at least 5-6 hours. They are selling the edibles in 10 mg packages of total THC. Does 10 mg of edibles= 10 mg of inhaled weed, or would it be more intense? Is there any standardized equivalent scale, or is it basically down to the individual and how their system processes the edible?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Got out of work early, stopped at Popeyes on the way home (5 piece tendies with red beans and rice, natch), and now I'm gonna get stupid high. No work til Jan 2nd.

Life is goooooooooooooooooood my dudes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

Got out of work early, stopped at Popeyes on the way home (5 piece tendies with red beans and rice, natch), and now I'm gonna get stupid high. No work til Jan 2nd.

Life is goooooooooooooooooood my dudes.

Popeyes spicy tenders with buttermilk ranch sauce is like fast food crack.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The_dude_abides posted:

So edibles are legal in Canada and have started appearing on store shelves in most provinces. I'm curious about trying the gummies, cookies, and chocolates, but I'm not sure about them. I have a pretty low tolerance, and realized that a 75 mg half gram joint of moderate potency is enough for me to get high for at least 5-6 hours. They are selling the edibles in 10 mg packages of total THC. Does 10 mg of edibles= 10 mg of inhaled weed, or would it be more intense? Is there any standardized equivalent scale, or is it basically down to the individual and how their system processes the edible?

10mg is a good dose to start at, takes about an hour to kick in. 10mg of edibles does not equal 10mg of inhaled though, it gets absorbed differently and the high will also be slightly different.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The_dude_abides posted:

Whatever you do, start with 10mg on an empty stomach and wait 2-3 hours before eating any more. Don't go 0-hero and take like 30mg at once if you're not experienced with edibles.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Got home and ripped the bong like Moses ripped a beyblade to part the Red Sea in the animated series Beyblade.

Then realized it just happened to be 4:20. What a day

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

App13 posted:

Got home and ripped the bong like Moses ripped a beyblade to part the Red Sea in the animated series Beyblade.

noscoped it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

App13 posted:

I'm afraid to say you've peaked, it's all downhill from here