Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Krakkles posted:

Link? I think I would like to see this.

I'll see if I can't dig up a video, but it's this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIrZr7WuPFgFy7OfkAuHOw

In general though that channel has a lot of dumb dashcam users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

slidebite posted:

Explorer sport trac is the first thing I thought of, which is even weirder.

Ahh yep. drat it. Knew I recognized them!

Weirdest part for me is that it looks like it was even done competently.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Twerk from Home posted:

What the gently caress is this thing? I'm stumped.

A well executed Ute, imo

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

slidebite posted:

Explorer sport trac is the first thing I thought of, which is even weirder.
Me too, but the more I look at it, the less I think that. Now I see recent but not current GM small SUVs.

Edit: drat, always trust your first instinct, right?

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 16, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
but how are they going to carry a grandfather clock to the top of Denali

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soaking Wet International Fuckin' Truck

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

See What I hosed Today

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

See What I hosed Today

turn off your monitor?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sure Wish I Finished Training

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Sure Wish I Finished Training Turning

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
What’s stuck on the bottom of the trailer there? It looks like some part of the trailer got ripped off and then stuck underneath.

Edit: suddenly I feel like I have a better understanding of my terrible student pilot who’s currently a truck driver.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

PT6A posted:

What’s stuck on the bottom of the trailer there? It looks like some part of the trailer got ripped off and then stuck underneath.

That would be the aerolithodynamic trailer skirt

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nothing, just ripped part of the skirt off.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
The Wikipedia article on those skirts links to a 2018 incident where a skirt came off on the highway and killed a dude on the opposite direction of travel.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local/kpd-names-driver-killed-by-flying-metal-piece-from-tractor-trailer/51-606500165

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

What do you call those things (and pardon my ignorance) that span the driving axles like a McDonald's arch. Usually with the aero hubcabs.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Colostomy Bag posted:

What do you call those things (and pardon my ignorance) that span the driving axles like a McDonald's arch. Usually with the aero hubcabs.

Fenders?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah...probably. They look like injected plastic molds that sit between the tires. Figured there was a more targeted term for them.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Are you talking about side skirts?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

they actually are mcdonalds arches

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And what's the deal with those rubber hang downs behind the tires that look like doormats??

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

xzzy posted:

And what's the deal with those rubber hang downs behind the tires that look like doormats??

They’re for printing sexy ladies on

Sometimes the lady gets worn off

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Local fast foodery has a U-shaped drive-thru. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars of damage those posts have done.

You can see they've been painted like 50 times and people keep digging through the paint with their bumpers.

Some people weren't even loving close to making the turn.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The damage on it is hidden in your photo, but having the vertical posts form bumps on the horizontal bar is great, it's like it's designed to spite anyone lazy enough to bumper-car their way around the turn

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

uvar posted:

The damage on it is hidden in your photo, but having the vertical posts form bumps on the horizontal bar is great, it's like it's designed to spite anyone lazy enough to bumper-car their way around the turn

Yeah, the worst hits are on that middle post, but there are scrapes the entire length of that bar.

Like, whoever got that first chip was nowhere near making the turn and should never be allowed to drive again.

I could probably do better blindfolded.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Powershift posted:

Local fast foodery has a U-shaped drive-thru. I can't imagine how many thousands of dollars of damage those posts have done.

You can see they've been painted like 50 times and people keep digging through the paint with their bumpers.

a couple weeks back, someone local tried taking an RV through a drive-through. It didn't go well and she was arrested.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Powershift posted:

Ah, but the posts have done zero damage. Bad driving idiots have damaged the paint on the posts.

Also, is that your car? Very cool if it is.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I was at the gas station yesterday and watched a person pull into the lot and drive directly into a bollard. The hit was so straight on that I'd be surprised if she wasn't aiming for it.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Just watched some absolute hero back into 45 degree forward angle parking in 20+ movements over several minutes. It's busy as hell and there's a median divider so I have zero loving idea how they're gonna get back out.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Drove the 40 miles to my parents house to see them and do the gift exchange with them this afternoon and was surprised when there was actual traffic backed up on the freeway. Just stuck to the access road for a while and quickly saw 2 firetrucks, a cop car, an ambulance and a wrecker were around the source of the blockage.

Some truck with a camper trailer was on the side of the road, pointed the wrong loving direction. Either it had been driving the wrong direction or somehow spun out/jacknifed on a clear day. No matter what someone, or perhaps several someones, likely needed new pants after that mess.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
I was driving home from work this morning and passed a wreck on the freeway where it looked like the only vehicle involved had the front end absolutely destroyed and was facing the wrong way. I dunno how they do it.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
On a happier note, I finally convinced my old lady neighbor to let me fix her headlights. Her headlights have been out forever (she uses her fogs and only goes about block to the grocery), but since she almost never drives she hasn't gotten ticketed for it yet. I keep on trying to convince her to please just let me do it, it takes a 10 mil, a screwdriver and like 10 minutes. I have the tools, I'll pay for the new loving bulbs they're like $10. She was just weirdly stubborn about it but she finally relented. A true Christmas miracle.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Just watched some absolute hero back into 45 degree forward angle parking in 20+ movements over several minutes. It's busy as hell and there's a median divider so I have zero loving idea how they're gonna get back out.

These people must see one or two internet posts about backing in everywhere, then decide that they're going to be the superior driver, and not think any more about it. In my previous town it was almost always a bro truck or Suburban.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I was at the gas station yesterday and watched a person pull into the lot and drive directly into a bollard. The hit was so straight on that I'd be surprised if she wasn't aiming for it.

A friend who works at a servo once had a guy turn into the bollard next to the pump as he was pulling away in his oversize SUV. It scraped all along the side of his car, but he kept on driving until the car was firmly wedged up against it.

They then tried to unscrew the bollard from the ground so they could keep driving forward to get out rather than just reversing their car because they didn't want to do any more damage to it.

My mate had to go out there and literally stand on the bollard's bolts to stop the idiot from unscrewing the drat thing.

The bolts are now all welded into place, so it can't happen again. But goddamn, some people.

EDIT: And in case there was any doubt about the kind of idiots they were, they naturally said it was all the company's fault for not having enough room on the forecourt, despite the site literally having interstate trucks fill up from the same bowsers every day.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 27, 2019

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I really like that they are called Bowsers. I'm impressed that someone pulling that move would actually have tools with them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Deeters posted:

These people must see one or two internet posts about backing in everywhere, then decide that they're going to be the superior driver, and not think any more about it. In my previous town it was almost always a bro truck or Suburban.

I can't drive into a parking lot without seeing an F-250 going the wrong way driven by these guys

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It’s always a lovely car selfie. Aside from the guy who’s a pilot, but I’m sure you knew because it made its way into the FB comment somehow.

My dad is unfortunately one of those types of truck drivers. He loves his F250 even though it’s almost at 200k miles and has ejected several spark plugs by force.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 27, 2019

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I can't drive into a parking lot without seeing an F-250 going the wrong way driven by these guys

what kind of baby back bitch takes a profile pic from the passenger seat loving lmfao

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Wife sent me this one today.

Yes, that Subaru is parked. The security guard was apparently having a laugh about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Today in grocery store adventures.

Edit: I borrowed a car from a friend and a headlight is out. it's a through the fender liner replacement job, so he can do it when they get the car back.

I'm the terrible Cyclops you share a road with.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 28, 2019