Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've finished the game and the First Prepper still won't progress to one star? I keep doing deliveries to him and it's stuck at like 80% of the first star and has been for several deliveries?

Rest and read an email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've finished the game and the First Prepper still won't progress to one star? I keep doing deliveries to him and it's stuck at like 80% of the first star and has been for several deliveries?

Imagine playing a game about forming connections and then getting mad that someone isn't liking you when you don't even read their mail (I'm only being snarky because someone already answered)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The (Chapter 3 spoilers)nuke reveal would have a lot more impact if it wasn't loving labeled in your inventory as soon as you get it.

Also anyone else feel like the Fragile flaskback was written with her being completely naked but everyone told Kojima no?

By the way I severely underestimated how much the floating carrier can do. As long as you don't need to climb it can follow you, it even jumps! So it's no contest with speed skeleton vs power skeleton. The best of both worlds is speed skeleton+floating carrier, and you can even carry a power skeleton with you if you need it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Rest and read an email

PancakeTransmission posted:

Imagine playing a game about forming connections and then getting mad that someone isn't liking you when you don't even read their mail (I'm only being snarky because someone already answered)

I didn't need to sleep so I just kept doing deliveries. :(

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RatHat posted:

The (Chapter 3 spoilers)nuke reveal would have a lot more impact if it wasn't loving labeled in your inventory as soon as you get it.

Also anyone else feel like the Fragile flaskback was written with her being completely naked but everyone told Kojima no?

By the way I severely underestimated how much the floating carrier can do. As long as you don't need to climb it can follow you, it even jumps! So it's no contest with speed skeleton vs power skeleton. The best of both worlds is speed skeleton+floating carrier, and you can even carry a power skeleton with you if you need it.

I’m low on situations where I need to use it at this point (lol ziplines) but yeah I didn’t use it as much as I probably should have early on because I was worried about the fuel cost, which turned out to be pretty negligible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I’m low on situations where I need to use it at this point (lol ziplines) but yeah I didn’t use it as much as I probably should have early on because I was worried about the fuel cost, which turned out to be pretty negligible

Yeah the cost is so low I barely notice it. As long as you pick up any chiral crystals in your path you'll be set.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I didn't need to sleep so I just kept doing deliveries. :(

It's cool, you basically keep the likes from deliveries so the next time you get likes your star rating will shoot up to the cap (after you read the email)
For those kind of people I generally went from 1 star to just below 5 star once I uncapped

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

By the endgame you can farm boss BTs for crystals anyway, which is necessary for finishing the roads. The cost in crystals is pretty much negligible by the time you can mass-print Anti-BT weaponry.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Later on you get time-sensitive deliveries that require you to get like a ton over the mountain and the best way to do those is speed skeleton + floating carrier to the nearest zipline, once you get the Use Zipline prompt load everything on your back to the point you can't move, zip to your destination and load the carrier again

RatHat posted:

That feels a lot like atonement for Quiet, since this time she has a weird in-universe explanation for keeping her body covered; AFAIK they even planned on having Joosten in that role before Seydoux got on board

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 24, 2019

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ruffian Price posted:

Later on you get time-sensitive deliveries that require you to get like a ton over the mountain and the best way to do those is speed skeleton + floating carrier to the nearest zipline, once you get the Use Zipline prompt load everything on your back to the point you can't move, zip to your destination and load the carrier again

Yeah the problem with those is always volume (cough cold weather fuel cough), although it was pretty funny when I loaded up on like 700kg of road-building materials before jumping on a zipline and my SO was like “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THAT MAN’S ARM”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I'm on chapter 5 and the Collector still won't give me the backpack cover. This is a bug right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No he's just a fucker. You have to do the rest in private room + read email cycle 3 or 4 times. By far the worst prepper.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJacobs posted:

No he's just a fucker. You have to do the rest in private room + read email cycle 3 or 4 times. By far the worst prepper.

Oh godammit

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

I blame the mustache.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The collector also doesn’t seem to have many missions directly to him so even if I was overloaded or in a hurry if I saw dropped collector stuff I would pick it up.

I found the cover pretty disappointing though. I guess it works good most of the game but snow wrecks it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rick posted:

The collector also doesn’t seem to have many missions directly to him so even if I was overloaded or in a hurry if I saw dropped collector stuff I would pick it up.

I found the cover pretty disappointing though. I guess it works good most of the game but snow wrecks it.

Did you get the upgraded level 2 version? It's miles better.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Seeing all this discussion of gear that I didn’t unlock because I didn’t make more than 1-2 trips to any given preppier is moving my finger closer to the “New Game” button.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Seeing all this discussion of gear that I didn’t unlock because I didn’t make more than 1-2 trips to any given preppier is moving my finger closer to the “New Game” button.

Some of the gear like the skeletons are basically identical but smaller cargo slots. Other ones, like guns, or armor plates are comically different from low level to high level.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJacobs posted:

Actually I looked it up and seems I have read the required emails and he still won't give them to me. I'll try taking a Mule recovery mission from him, apparently that can trigger it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"We used to have things called 'Magazines'" is the worst line in the game

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing there's probably not enough bandwidth to make a zipline system that covers the whole map?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I only got about halfway before deciding to just use the road but if you connect all the preppers (for bandwidth) it seems totally possible, with room to spare even if you bother to upgrade them to level 2 for the extra distance.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh. With the road most of them are taken care of but that could be useful for some in annoying spots(looking at you Conan).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RatHat posted:

Guessing there's probably not enough bandwidth to make a zipline system that covers the whole map?

You can make a zip line that covers 90% of the map only using your lines, if you incorporate some decently placed lines from other people it should be easy to cover the whole map

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RatHat posted:

Every prepper you 5-star is good for an extra 2.5 lines, I am pretty sure if you make good use of online zipline nodes and don't have too many other structures you should be able to do it. I had door-to-door service for almost every shelter

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Mystery of the jingle bells solved. also Die Hard is a Christmas movie confirmed

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1209684233700048896?s=21

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Actually I looked it up and seems I have read the required emails and he still won't give them to me. I'll try taking a Mule recovery mission from him, apparently that can trigger it.

Yep, this worked. Unlocked both covers at once. They sure cost a lot of chiral crystals to make.

So how do you tell the difference between regular Timefall and storms? Is it just the storm clouds?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I just started chapter 8. When does the story start to kick in for the end? I saw some saying the ending takes a few hours. I just wanna know when I should put some actual time away.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RatHat posted:

Yep, this worked. Unlocked both covers at once. They sure cost a lot of chiral crystals to make.

So how do you tell the difference between regular Timefall and storms? Is it just the storm clouds?

BT zones always have the black strands coming from the sky, and the rainbow if you're looking at the area from farther away. Regular timefall spots don't have either.

teacup posted:

I just started chapter 8. When does the story start to kick in for the end? I saw some saying the ending takes a few hours. I just wanna know when I should put some actual time away.

You're there right now. Don't cross the tar belt until you're totally ready.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 25, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CJacobs posted:

BT zones always have the black strands coming from the sky, and the rainbow if you're looking at the area from farther away. Regular timefall spots don't have either.

No I mean there’s a tip that says there are Timefall storms that damage cargo faster than normal Timefall.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, that tip is referring to snow. Snow erodes stuff way faster.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"We used to have things called 'Magazines'" is the worst line in the game

I wonder how many people will see that line but not know who's sending it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RatHat posted:

Huh. With the road most of them are taken care of but that could be useful for some in annoying spots(looking at you Conan).

i haven't connected all of the roads yet but that was also the most poo poo awful road to build, that's where my first two chiral ladders went which helped a little bit holy poo poo that was not fun.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Mystery of the jingle bells solved. also Die Hard is a Christmas movie confirmed

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1209684233700048896?s=21

Kojima probably watches more movies in a year than I do in my entire life so I'll trust him on this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

CJacobs posted:

Oh, that tip is referring to snow. Snow erodes stuff way faster.

It's a real motherfucker on your boots too.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Dlowmx posted:

Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.

This game! Wide open spaces over corridors, delivering stuff over shooting zombies.

Ima gonna 100 percent it tonight, just a couple more speed based deliveries to go! Wearing my Santa hat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It turns out going to the Wind Farm still loving sucks even in the end game. And I totally misjudged where the zip line should go so it's at least one more trip.

CJacobs posted:

Did you get the upgraded level 2 version? It's miles better.

Ah that is the problem.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So in that cutscene where Fragile tells the story of her saving the town. What exactly was stopping her saying "gently caress you" to Higgs, taking the bomb and then Jumping to the lake and dropping it in there? Other than the fact that it wouldn't be a dramatic choice she had to make when she can literally teleport probably faster than Higgs guys can shoot and kill her? Unless Higgs himself would have possible done somthing to stop her but that was not mentioned either by design or because Kojima didn't think of it :v:

You know i wonder if that same cut scene had the same problem the B&B unit had where he originally wanted to have her actually naked for the scene but ratings board said no to totally naked ladies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Shame Boy posted:

So in that cutscene where Fragile tells the story of her saving the town. What exactly was stopping her saying "gently caress you" to Higgs, taking the bomb and then Jumping to the lake and dropping it in there? Other than the fact that it wouldn't be a dramatic choice she had to make when she can literally teleport probably faster than Higgs guys can shoot and kill her? Unless Higgs himself would have possible done somthing to stop her but that was not mentioned either by design or because Kojima didn't think of it :v:

You know i wonder if that same cut scene had the same problem the B&B unit had where he originally wanted to have her actually naked for the scene but ratings board said no to totally naked ladies?

I assume she follows the same rules as Sam when jumping: she can only bring clothes/sentimental things with her. She’d really be the best porter in the world if she could bring packages with her.