Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1209089148574928896

lol

Kitfox88 posted:

artemis fowl was way better than harry potter

drat I spent my whole childhood waiting for that to get its own movie series and it's finally coming next year, when I could not give even half a percent of a poo poo anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Kitfox88 posted:

artemis fowl was way better than harry potter

What's not to like? It has
*hi-speed, lo-drag elf operators
*buttlers in plate armor punching trolls or something
*crime genius kid
*his parents got merked doing shady deals with the Russian mob - the ultimate way to go.

It's like Shadowrun for kids!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

tinstaach posted:

drat I spent my whole childhood waiting for that to get its own movie series and it's finally coming next year, when I could not give even half a percent of a poo poo anymore

It's 2020. What are the odds of it not being poo poo?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Continuity RCP posted:

kids books are fuckin garbage

Animorphs was written mostly by a pro trans rights anti war lady who responded to complaints the series ended with the start of a new war with "yeah that's how war works, remember that when you're old enough to vote"

Those books WHIP

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

She also inserted a whole bunch of genuinely cool sci fi ideas into her books instead of being afraid that high concept sci fi would be too difficult for kids to understand.

Animorphs fuckin ruled.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Continuity RCP posted:

kids books are fuckin garbage

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

He would definitely work as a basis for a kids book that warn you about greed and selfishness.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Wow, Hatsune Miku has really let herself go.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

JcDent posted:

What's not to like? It has
*hi-speed, lo-drag elf operators
*buttlers in plate armor punching trolls or something
*crime genius kid
*his parents got merked doing shady deals with the Russian mob - the ultimate way to go.

It's like Shadowrun for kids!

:hai: good poo poo all around

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Buttfaced Hitler aka Ben Shapiro.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Platystemon posted:

Wow, Hatsune Miku has really let herself go.

In between writing the entirety of Harry Potter and programming mine craft she also has to write and star in The Office so she deserves all the break

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SirSamVimes posted:

She also inserted a whole bunch of genuinely cool sci fi ideas into her books instead of being afraid that high concept sci fi would be too difficult for kids to understand.

Animorphs fuckin ruled.

I liked how the whole series was the result of two dick assholes, removed from consequences, having a dick measuring contest

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Wait is that Jo Nesbo like the thriller writer

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why did Katie Hopkins go for a haircut that makes her look even more like an old man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Wait is that Jo Nesbo like the thriller writer

His best-known character is literally called Harry Hole come on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why did Katie Hopkins go for a haircut that makes her look even more like an old man.

She covets power and shes cargo‐culting it.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

To be fair to Vanilla Ice, instead of spending his one hit wonder money recklessly like a certain MC, he put it into real estate and learning how to be a general contractor. His DIY Network show had like 9 seasons and even won some awards. Yeah, he'll forever be the white joke rapper, but he is a very accomplished carpenter and savvy real estate investor.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jerry Cotton posted:

His best-known character is literally called Harry Hole come on.

I was more surprised at writing a kids book not the fart joke

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Untrustable posted:

To be fair to Vanilla Ice, instead of spending his one hit wonder money recklessly like a certain MC, he put it into real estate and learning how to be a general contractor. His DIY Network show had like 9 seasons and even won some awards. Yeah, he'll forever be the white joke rapper, but he is a very accomplished carpenter and savvy real estate investor.

:thermidor:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Untrustable posted:

So he only spent a calculated, discretionary amount when he was trying to kill himself with drugs?

I thought his family was pretty well off and he grew up racing motocross

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

This is called Butt Detective and it's a great TV show.

moosetoucher
Jul 11, 2017

heck. heckin heck.

She's trying to say that White Conservatives TM are sharing a brand with the Zodiac Killer

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Untrustable posted:

I watched an episode of some 90's reality show he was on with ron jeremy and a few other "celebrities". they all lived in a house together. they all went to work in a restaurant and gary coleman came in. the entire episode vanilla ice is talking about how "vanilla ice is dead" and "it's v-ice now" and all about how the past is gone, he's a different person, stop calling him "vanilla" blah blah blah. the second gary coleman came in he started screaming at him to say "whachu talkin' 'bout, willis?" just shouting for him to do it over and over. he eventually picked gary coleman up, against his wishes, and physically carried him like a football to the front of the restaurant to get him to do it.
he was 19 when he made "cool as ice" and this was 10 years later.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Brother Entropy posted:

don't forget the race of slaves that's totally fine because they like being slaves and look at how silly it is that hermione thinks that's hosed up

Didn't Rowling say she identified with her the most, or am I misremembering this bit of trivia?

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

This is called Butt Detective and it's a great TV show.

Young Assy McGhee

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Untrustable posted:

Are you sure about that? He was arrested not that long ago for burglary

https://www.cnn.com/2015/02/18/entertainment/feat-vanilla-ice-arrested/index.html

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Avirosb posted:

Didn't Rowling say she identified with her the most, or am I misremembering this bit of trivia?

this is obvious from the way hermione is written, but the moral of her struggles is that some parts of the system are unchangeable and what may seem bad on the surface is actually good for society at large. so that little side plot is really about an ideological youth learning that just because slavery seems bad, doesnt mean its right to try to force the slaves from their bondage against their will. its a heinous message, that u shouldnt try to improve peoples lives if it means changing the way they live

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

moosetoucher posted:

She's trying to say that White Conservatives TM are sharing a brand with the Zodiac Killer

Well in my state they made him a Senator so yeah

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
The Paper Bag Princess is the only good book.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

this is obvious from the way hermione is written, but the moral of her struggles is that some parts of the system are unchangeable and what may seem bad on the surface is actually good for society at large. so that little side plot is really about an ideological youth learning that just because slavery seems bad, doesnt mean its right to try to force the slaves from their bondage against their will. its a heinous message, that u shouldnt try to improve peoples lives if it means changing the way they live

Once she freed the house elf slaves they went back to working for their masters for free, because that is their nature. So why try to make a better world for anyone?

I forget who wrote it but there was a great breakdown of Harry Potter on these dead gay forums as the ultimate neolib fantasy. The wizard world leaders ignore a dangerous existential threat until its far too late to handle, trying to keep it under the rug even as Voldemort is openly murdering people in public. Harry defeats Voldemort not by being better at magic, or more clever; Voldemort accidentally defeats himself via a technicality in the rules of magic that everyone forgot about. Harry then fulfills his destiny by becoming an FBI agent wizard.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's not so weird, a lot of grand wizards go into law enforcement

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

purple death ray posted:

That's not so weird, a lot of grand wizards go into law enforcement

:hmmyes:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Rowling a Tory, or just a secret Tory?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Going by the amount of betrayal she's dishing out, she must be a LibDem.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

she thinks all the ideas tories have are good but she knows they would make all of her fans dislike her so she says she's a lib dem

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

JcDent posted:

Going by the amount of betrayal she's dishing out, she must be a LibDem.

she is kind of for entitlements but loving hates Corbyn, so yeah lib dem

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Paper Bag Princess is the only good book.

No, thats Lolita.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arivia posted:

No, thats Lolita.

I hope this is not related to your red text :chloe:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Rowling is a classic Blairite Labour supporter who'd support either the Tories or Lib Dems over a left-wing Labour party but prefers a centre-right Labour party above anything else. This has led her to proclaiming that useless idiots like Jim Murphy were actually great leaders of Scottish Labour, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Plastic Bag For Cutting Welfare Princess