Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I had an idea for an item that should be introduced to the game. An item that you can apply to any weapon or equipment, and it automatically upgrades the equipment to your current level.

Now, it would obviously have to be a limited item, maybe when they raise the level cap they drop 5 of them into your inventory and I guess they could rarely give out a Shift code for one, but that's it. But I like the idea having a limited amount of opportunities to change a lower level drop into lvl. 50 or maybe a lvl. 50 into 55, whatever. That way I don't want to throw something at the t.v. when my lvl 10 character gets that legendary mod I'd been trying to farm, or have one of my favorite weapons become obsolete when the level cap is raised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Shift codes for a weapon upgrade would be good. I haven't looked at one since I bought the game.

The pre sequel grinder could be interesting. But I never did find a good drop with it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The grinder would not work with 3s drop rates and it completely fucks over any sort of end game because it makes it into “which source of legendaries is most effective” instead of doing a different thing depending on what you need/want

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd also hope they eventually add something in to use money for once you buy all the inventory upgrades. Slots are ok but at the very least I'd appreciate a high end slot machine that's like 10 million a pull but it's a guaranteed random legendary, or maybe the option to buy a golden key for 10 mil, something like that.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

watho posted:

“which source of legendaries is most effective”

That's what I've been doing since completing it weeks ago.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

I think the biggest thing would be something that interrupts the quit->new game cycle which breaks up gameplay. I want like, a shuffle playlist mode that gives me a random map with a random enemy set that keeps going and doesn't require me to constantly quit and make a new game.

Like, trials that didn't have the same enemy set spawns over and over and could just retry with a button press.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

That's what I've been doing since completing it weeks ago.

there’s a slight difference between that and how it was in TPS where the most effective way was farming an early game side boss for a single rocket launcher to feed the grinder

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Boss rush would be cool

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hot Diggity! posted:

Boss rush would be cool

Yea I'd like that. Instead of hopping around to different bosses and having to restart after every fight, give me one central location where I can fight a bunch of different bosses in a row.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

watho posted:

there’s a slight difference between that and how it was in TPS where the most effective way was farming an early game side boss for a single rocket launcher to feed the grinder

Heh, I never did that. But if there was any way to sacrifice the 15 identical hellwalkers i have to get one with a useful anointment, I'd really like that.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I seem to be getting a lot of anointed gear in the jackpot DLC. Way more than I was expecting. I’m at L50 on normal difficulty, mayhem 1, and my char only has like 2% luck from guardian ranks. Whatever the reason, I’ll take it!

I play Amara, a phasegrasp spread the elements type build. The anointed mirv-tacular shock hex I found that provides 50% shock damage to weapons after action skill is incredible. It’s the only nade I have that outdamages ghast call overall, but not by much.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

crestfallen posted:

The anointed mirv-tacular shock hex I found that provides 50% shock damage to weapons after action skill is incredible.

:stare: I want it.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The Ion Cannon from the DLC is the new norfleet! And it's a guaranteed drop :O

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Greenplastic posted:

The Ion Cannon from the DLC is the new norfleet! And it's a guaranteed drop :O

Definitely need to try it out on Double Barrel Zane.

I got a Cryo Redistributor earlier and it's the tits. Compared to the radiation one I got previously it seems to be a strictly better roll. I used the new class mod to get maximum Playing Dirty so I think I get fully double the shots from it. It says 90% but it has 6 skill points (60%) plus 25% each from the mod and Death Follows Close, so I need to see if I can free up a point there.

It goes nuts with Electric Banjo, but I need to see if that's better than a regular relic, would like a nice Ice Breaker.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So what' endgame stuff's good for doing high, sustained damage at long range? Like when there's a big boss with a large health pool that you can't safely get close to, like the huge red mech at the end of Slaughterstar 3000.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Just beat the game, and the chest in Lilith's room had three of the same gun (legendary corrosive pistols). Guessing that's not normal?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
no, but the rng seeding in this game does that sort of thing occasionally

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Naylenas posted:

Just beat the game, and the chest in Lilith's room had three of the same gun (legendary corrosive pistols). Guessing that's not normal?

It includes at least one guaranteed legendary, and the other loot will usually be high-value. You had an odd roll of the dice, but not a massively unlikely one.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Darth Walrus posted:

So what' endgame stuff's good for doing high, sustained damage at long range? Like when there's a big boss with a large health pool that you can't safely get close to, like the huge red mech at the end of Slaughterstar 3000.

IMO the Cutsman and Maggie are in general the best all-around weapons. Some may be better for specific builds and in certain situations, but you can almost always fit one of those into whatever you're doing. Especially the Cutsman, I wanna say pre-nerf Amara was still using one of those for m4 Wotan killing in speedruns. That said, there's a ton of viable endgame weapons depending on character and build.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Naylenas posted:

Better than getting one Woodblocker.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anyone still use the crossroad? used to be my favorite smg, but last time i played it felt mediocre

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Rinkles posted:

anyone still use the crossroad? used to be my favorite smg, but last time i played it felt mediocre

It's decent, a bit better than cutsman for really mobile enemies but I think the maliwan and expansion smgs have kinda passed it otherwise

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

alansmithee posted:

IMO the Cutsman and Maggie are in general the best all-around weapons. Some may be better for specific builds and in certain situations, but you can almost always fit one of those into whatever you're doing. Especially the Cutsman, I wanna say pre-nerf Amara was still using one of those for m4 Wotan killing in speedruns. That said, there's a ton of viable endgame weapons depending on character and build.

I was specifically asking for something longer-ranged than the Cutsman. I had a corrosive one for the fight against Red Rain, and couldn't get close enough for long enough to use it without taking unacceptable damage from those stomp attacks. Had to wear it down from across the arena with a cryo sniper.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

alansmithee posted:

I think everyone wants a corrosive cutsman for bosses, it trivialises Agoniser and Wotan. Maggie is probably the best pistol so good to carry if you run out of ammo of other types.

Cryo Redistributor is sick and the only thing stopping me clearing M4 Slaughter Shaft with it is the ammo limit. I actually run out of that and rifle ammo for my Dictator (+50% Cryo with drone out) so probably should look for a cut purse.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

alansmithee posted:

I've been running Tyreen for days trying to get a King's or Queen's Call because that's what all the builds say is best for a Fade-Away Fl4k build. Of course, I've been doing it with a Dastardly Maggie. Am I just wasting my time? I've seen over a hundred legendaries drop from this farm and not one King's Call. So, should I keep farming or just King's Call It Bullshit and move on?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I was specifically asking for something longer-ranged than the Cutsman. I had a corrosive one for the fight against Red Rain, and couldn't get close enough for long enough to use it without taking unacceptable damage from those stomp attacks. Had to wear it down from across the arena with a cryo sniper.

You didn't ask for something specifically longer ranged than the Cutsman. You mentioned a particular fight and asked for long-range options. I've done the fight you mentioned using the Cutsman and it worked just fine (granted that was on m3, so maybe m4 it isn't as effective but I doubt that). I'm not sure there's much that outranges the Cutsman, at least in any practical use-snipers will of course but I've not really encountered anything I felt the Cutsman didn't work against due to range (it can have issues tracking fast moving enemies, especially flyers). Maybe you could look for a good roll purple Q-system? Or check out one of the one-shot builds using rocket launchers if you're having issues getting close to bosses. Lyuda may be an option too, but it's hardly sustained damage.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think everyone wants a corrosive cutsman for bosses, it trivialises Agoniser and Wotan. Maggie is probably the best pistol so good to carry if you run out of ammo of other types.

Cryo Redistributor is sick and the only thing stopping me clearing M4 Slaughter Shaft with it is the ammo limit. I actually run out of that and rifle ammo for my Dictator (+50% Cryo with drone out) so probably should look for a cut purse.

m4 chews through ammo no matter what you're using in Slaughter Shaft. I found diversifying usually was enough to keep me going in general but yeah if you can swing a cutpurse (or the non-legendary equivalent) it works well with the clone for some reloading. And I really want a Redistributor but I kinda gave up on the raid after bouncing the first few times on m4 solo. I was using spiritual driver and tediores but would always either end up running off an edge or swapping to corrosive and chucking when something rushed in my face and blow myself up.

Quidam Viator posted:

I've been running Tyreen for days trying to get a King's or Queen's Call because that's what all the builds say is best for a Fade-Away Fl4k build. Of course, I've been doing it with a Dastardly Maggie. Am I just wasting my time? I've seen over a hundred legendaries drop from this farm and not one King's Call. So, should I keep farming or just King's Call It Bullshit and move on?

The big thing with the Call weapons is the triple ricochet when you crit, which obviously works well with fade away. There's also a possible bug going on where if you have the annoints after action skill end that give 50% of the various elemental damages, you will spawn extra projectiles for each separate element. The Kings/Queen's Call being elemental obviously works well with that. I actually used those for a long time before switching to a Maggie as my go-to just because when you're not hitting crits the Maggie was just better (and even with crits it's comparable, since you naturally hit with a bunch of bullets). Maggie isn't elemental though so I'm not sure if it interacts with the annoints for what that's worth, on top of the advantages/disadvantages of not having an element.

Basically, if you're not enjoying grinding for the Calls, and you can get through whatever content you otherwise like I'd just move on and maybe do a casual run occasionally. Or, if you're on PS4 I think I have an extra I can give you. You won't see much, if any, falloff in damage. And from what I remember a lot of folks moved on from the Kings/Queen's Call after the nerfs.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Dec 26, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I always felt that the Cutsman had quite a restrictive maximum range. Your average Vladof or Dahl assault rifle has twice the range (source: the same fight), and I'd assume most other weapons that shoot physical bullets are the same. There have to be a few legendary versions of those that do decent damage.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I need even more bank space. Give me like 1000 slots please.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I find the corrosive and fire cutsman super useful, but really not fun guns to use.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Found the answer to my question, FYI. The Hornet is super useful if your corrosive Cutsman can't reach something.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I find the corrosive and fire cutsman super useful, but really not fun guns to use.

I like them as Zane, where you're strafing to boost the damage. Without that I can see it being dull.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

What are the best guns for zanes clone? The best I've found so far is a x2 projectile radiation full auto sniper. It seems unpredictable, some guns the clone goes hog wild, while some which you'd expect to work well are a let down. Got my hands on a laser sploder earlier, but the clone seems to do short 1 second bursts intermittently, which seems a wasted opportunity really.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Marshal Plugnut posted:

What are the best guns for zanes clone? The best I've found so far is a x2 projectile radiation full auto sniper. It seems unpredictable, some guns the clone goes hog wild, while some which you'd expect to work well are a let down. Got my hands on a laser sploder earlier, but the clone seems to do short 1 second bursts intermittently, which seems a wasted opportunity really.

I was disappointed to learn the clones limitations as you did, with the Sploder. It does well with heavy weapons, I'm meaning to try the Ion Cannon. Its fully accurate so anything that works in bursts, probably no beams or spin-ups.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

BizarroAzrael posted:

I like them as Zane, where you're strafing to boost the damage. Without that I can see it being dull.

I play Zane occasionally and it's fun as hell. His reload buffs own.

What's the most broken Amara build, is it based around the driver mod? I can't get that to drop.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Wow, the Ion Cannon really is an obscene package of horrible. You can chew through an entire boss on Mayhem 1 without having to reload. It's definitely the ultimate Double Barrel weapon, yeah.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I play Zane occasionally and it's fun as hell. His reload buffs own.

What's the most broken Amara build, is it based around the driver mod? I can't get that to drop.

One of these two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crsuP8sPSgM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tETSRX3ASa4

They are similar, mostly different gear choices. And yeah all revolve around the spiritual driver mod. They actually stealth nerfed the phazerker recently so Amara's other mods are a bit lacking. There's some Nimbus builds but they don't compare to the driver.

And yeah the droprate sucks, I believe it's like 4% on m4. But it's by far her best class mod.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

First time beating slaughter shaft solo on mayhem 4 with this RIDICULOUSLY OP build.

https://youtu.be/cb9--sapETE

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

alansmithee posted:

They actually stealth nerfed the phazerker recently so Amara's other mods are a bit lacking.

I found out about the nerf because it felt like I kept getting bad mayhem 4 modifiers. Build above me looks like fun.....

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

MarshyMcFly posted:

First time beating slaughter shaft solo on mayhem 4 with this RIDICULOUSLY OP build.

https://youtu.be/cb9--sapETE

Wow! What build is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Doctor Zero posted:

Wow! What build is that?

Ok so basically it’s a transformer+handsome jackhammer combo on a bloodletter Moze build. Throw the jackhammer at your feet to gain shields and damage enemy shields. Also a roided ghasts call for armor. It’s nasty!