Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

Hold off on this, we have a watcher so we can see who visited you, and the bodyguard can potentially claim that you were the target of a kill or not. If so, we can start talking about opening up 1 or 2 people to freely perform night actions and not be forced to go to you, giving town the ability to do things like cop people.

Galaxy brain poo poo right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

Hold off on this, we have a watcher so we can see who visited you, and the bodyguard can potentially claim that you were the target of a kill or not. If so, we can start talking about opening up 1 or 2 people to freely perform night actions and not be forced to go to you, giving town the ability to do things like cop people.

This is extremely good poo poo OP

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I got redirected to you last night. Lighting rod role no surprise.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Paul I assume that was your message to AA?

Amni I assume you did not act last night?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Galaxy brain poo poo right here

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Nep,

who all visited the lightning rod last night?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Podima posted:

Paul I assume that was your message to AA?

Amni I assume you did not act last night?

Would have prefered to wait until nep claimed his results to confirm this, but AA posting they received the message makes it a moot point.

yes, I withheld my action last night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t know why I misunderstood the roleblocker thing but I ended up copping Paul again I’m pretty sure

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

Thinking more about this, the priority should be locking down the 3 possible people who performed the NK on N1 - AA, Bern, and Humalong. You can also safely lightning rod people like Gulag (who should be bodyguarding you anyways) and me (my action isn't valuable). Here, let's go through the list:

Amni - roleblocker, targeted Squiggly N1 (failed) - CONFIRMED (due to shared failure)
- Safe to lightning rod, the worst that happens is your message gets roleblocked and Amni's already demonstrated they can withhold just fine.

AA - even night vig - UNCONFIRMED
- Safe to lightning rod N3 since they shouldn't be acting anyways, right? :D

Bern - backup (confirmed by rolecop) - UNCONFIRMED
- Safe to lightning rod since they shouldn't have a night action yet!

Gulag - bodyguard who targeted Paul - UNCONFIRMED
- Safe to lightning rod since we want a protect on the lightning rod regardless.

Leith - rolecop (confirmed by Bern), targeted Bern N1 - CONFIRMED
- IMO let Leith act and see if they can catch scum.

Humalong - copped Paul N1, action succeeded (town) - UNCONFIRMED
- As much as I would like to say Humalong is safe the fact remains that their action isn't confirmable just yet. I still think Humalong is town for their posting so this one is up to you.

Nep - watcher variant, targeted Squiggly N1 (failed) - CONFIRMED mostly (due to shared failure)
- In theory Nep can't act until the lightning rod dies anyways since they're "locked on" so keep rodding them.

Paul - lightning rod/messenger (confirmed messenger part), targeted Podima with the message N1 (redir to Gulag) - CONFIRMED

Pod - tracker variant - CONFIRMED
- Please feel free to lightning rod me, my action isn't as valuable as others and I'm not confirmed by others' results yet.

Sandwolf - Flavor Finder/Historical Visit Tracker, targeted Gulag N1 - CONFIRMED due to having results
- Sandwolf seems fine? It's interesting that he didn't use the version of his action that would have provided public results, that leaves me a little puzzled. Might be a safer play to rod him.

Squiggly - hider, breadcrumbed, hid N1 - CONFIRMED
- Safe to lightning rod forever since he doesn't have a targeted action anyways.

TL;DR: My initial recommendation is to lightning rod everyone but Leith if you want to play it ultra safe, and let Leith rolecop people we think are suspect. No need to rush though, plenty of time to discuss.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy smokes having a multiple night lightning rod available in a massclaim situation really breaks the game, doesn't it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima posted:

Holy smokes having a multiple night lightning rod available in a massclaim situation really breaks the game, doesn't it?

I think y’all are falling into a trap trying to reverse engineer the game like this. Like I’m along for the ride in the best interests of the town, but by the logic in front of us, shouldn’t there have been no NK? All roles should have been lightning rodded, no?

Paul what item do you have

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

I think y’all are falling into a trap trying to reverse engineer the game like this. Like I’m along for the ride in the best interests of the town, but by the logic in front of us, shouldn’t there have been no NK? All roles should have been lightning rodded, no?

There was not a NK. 2 Penny was a delayed lover.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

There was no NK, 2 penny bottle imp died automatically per their role since their masonbuddy was dead. (Technically I think they should have died at the end of the previous day but I'm chalking that up to Christmas Eve shenanigans.)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ohhh I forgot imp was a lover. Shouldn’t the bodyguard have died then, unless there was also a doc protect in there?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You know, maybe I should just shut the gently caress up and let Pod logic this one out. Still don’t think the game is this breakable, but what do I know. I did get a result last night but I want Paul to verify what I got.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think we may be getting gamed a bit here, but i need to work through pods night action logic.

I think there's a liar in one of the claimed roles

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Ohhh I forgot imp was a lover. Shouldn’t the bodyguard have died then, unless there was also a doc protect in there?

Either the bodyguard has something more to it or scum withheld, is my guess.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also, i think i may have been targeted for a kill last night.

I got flavor that my own file went missing last night and I'm pretty sure that means my protection was popped.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also, i think i may have been targeted for a kill last night.

I got flavor that my own file went missing last night and I'm pretty sure that means my protection was popped.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm very excited to see Nep's watch results. :)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m gonna wildly guess scum withheld their night kill

If this game is similar to other role madness games typically scum can use their role OR nightkill each night, right?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

Nep,

who all visited the lightning rod last night?

I'm not entirely sure if that's what went down or not so to be thorough I will state that I chose to target AA (apparently I wasn't stuck on squiggly like I thought, the action failing outright must have not counted).

I saw the following people visit:
-Myself (?) I am confused as to why but that's out there
-Sandwolf
-Gulag
-Humalong

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I did not choose to target AA, which I’m sure is obvious, but just thought I’d clarify for Nep’s above situation

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm very excited to see Nep's watch results. :)

With this much tracking/watching and town redirection. I think this game would be pretty lopsided if scum didn't have a ninja or a way to ensure their kill went through.

I will say, it is unlikely they have a strongman since I'm still alive.

I reckon it is busdriver, ninja and godfather what with the actual cop and role cop.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

With this much tracking/watching and town redirection. I think this game would be pretty lopsided if scum didn't have a ninja or a way to ensure their kill went through.

I will say, it is unlikely they have a strongman since I'm still alive.

I reckon it is busdriver, ninja and godfather what with the actual cop and role cop.

Then why not use one of those last night?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

I did not choose to target AA, which I’m sure is obvious, but just thought I’d clarify for Nep’s above situation

What is interesting is that I did target AA, and I got lighting rod.

I think Nep Nep's results are VERY off.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
To the people I saw visiting AA: Did you pick squiggly? If so then I submitted a night action for nothing and made the wrong assumptions about what that meant

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Leith, please post the exact role name you got from your rolecop, including flavor.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep why do you think you only observed four of us visit, shouldn’t there have been like, 7-8?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

To the people I saw visiting AA: Did you pick squiggly? If so then I submitted a night action for nothing and made the wrong assumptions about what that meant

Didn’t target AA, didn’t target Squiggly

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

Nep why do you think you only observed four of us visit, shouldn’t there have been like, 7-8?

It is possible some number of scum and town withheld actions to either set me up by claiming I should have seen them (scum) or to know to vote for me if I claim to have seen someone who didn't move (town)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nep-Nep posted:

You should be able to clarify this directly with the moderator instead of trying to puzzle it out in here, the moderator has been very responsive to my questions and very clear about how stuff works.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Podima posted:

Leith, please post the exact role name you got from your rolecop, including flavor.

You successfully examined target's HR file.
Target appears to be Precinct Gossip (Lightning Rod)

No other flavor was included.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

You successfully examined target's HR file.
Target appears to be Precinct Gossip (Lightning Rod)

No other flavor was included.

The message was the same as Bern's except the last 3 or 4 words were different.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

It is possible some number of scum and town withheld actions to either set me up by claiming I should have seen them (scum) or to know to vote for me if I claim to have seen someone who didn't move (town)

So, assuming that we get confiration from Paul about the role name being correct, what is your explanation for not seeing Leith?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I did not target AA or Squiggly.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

So, assuming that we get confiration from Paul about the role name being correct, what is your explanation for not seeing Leith?

Some of us have secondary properties to their roles. Maybe Leith has the ability to throw a false result to watchers. It is weird that I saw myself visit. It is also possible that me seeing myself is a mod error. I'll have to have that clarified as well as the other thing Podima asked me to ask about.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Assuming nep isn't lying, the following people visited Paul:
- nep (watch - I've seen mods include the watcher in the list of visits since that's technically accurate)
- sandwolf (flavor cop - confirmed N1 due to getting my toothpick result)
- gulag (bodyguard - role not yet confirmed from results)
- humalong (cop - role not yet confirmed from results)

this leaves....
- amni - withheld
- leith - who has claimed rolecop results now, which can be confirmed by Paul (but they already confirmed flavor of gossip yesterday)

AA presumably didn't act last night since they've claimed even-night vig.
Bern presumably didn't act since they're a backup and likely haven't inherited a role yet (given the only flips are masons and 3p)
Paul visited AA last night
I did not act last night
Squiggly has no claimed targeted night action.

This is an interesting situation, going to think on it. There's a clear disagreement between Nep's and Leith's results, and while my initial reaction is that Nep is more likely to be lying based on inconsistency of their actions I don't want to kneejerk it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

Some of us have secondary properties to their roles. Maybe Leith has the ability to throw a false result to watchers. It is weird that I saw myself visit. It is also possible that me seeing myself is a mod error. I'll have to have that clarified as well as the other thing Podima asked me to ask about.

Letting Nep confirm. I do not have an ability to throw false results to watchers.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

AA presumably didn't act last night since they've claimed even-night vig.

Doh, just realized last night was an even night. Either way nobody's dead so presumably AA didn't act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Podima do not be so certain that Paul is town. Having a town or scum lightning rod with limitless boundaries is a little OP to me. That’s why I don’t trust all this lightning rod crap, I think he was manipulating the truth just enough to keep it consistent.

Paul what item do you have?