Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

So the current crazy theory is that if Deku had a quirk, it was Super Regeneration. Something that wouldn't be visually distinguishable to the normal person and very difficult to ever figure out unless like... Deku broke something. The reason people are behind this is that the doc mentioned that, if they'd had Super Regeneration earlier, AFO might not have been FUBARd

Super Regeneration is probably the only Quirk I can really feel like is something "I will injure myself at EVERY CHANCE" Deku would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I still wanna see a sidestory about Pyrokineticist Deku, Devil Kid.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

It would be pretty good if Deku unlocked his natural quirk and it's the ability to attract fire to himself like some horrible burn magnet.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The main issue with the Izuku having Super Regeneration and getting it stolen is that it wouldn't match up with the timeline for All for One finding Super Regeneration. Which is explicitly within the last 5 years since All Might Caved his head in and far enough past that point that his natural healing/scarification processes would make it pointless for fixing the injury All Might gave him.

A Super Regeneration Quirk, as noted, would probably have been discovered a lot sooner than that if it did just from either injuries gained from Bakugo (who was shown as physically violent quite young to Izuku) or just general child injury stuff for someone with the sort of personality Izuku shows. Although I guess without something as severe as losing a limb it wouldn't be particularly obvious that it's super fast regeneration instead of normal healing going a bit quick.

That still leaves the fact that All for One would've had to somehow take Izuku's quirk within the last 5 years without Izuku even being aware of it, and then not using Izuku for a Nomu. Which come to think of it that'd be one hell of an AU, Izuku as the Nomu at USJ.

Libra posted:

It would be pretty good if Deku unlocked his natural quirk and it's the ability to attract fire to himself like some horrible burn magnet.

All I can think of Izuku attracting people to say really sick burns about his fighting skills when he injures himself.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All of you are going to feel so silly when Deku's original true quirk is revealed to be Big Buff Body and then he becomes the true successor of All Might.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku's real quirk is the friends he made along the way.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Nah that's already Shinsou's quirk

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm rooting for you Pop!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
New Vigilantes! https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-68/chapter/19765?action=read

Koichi eventually takes the hint

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This turned into a harem manga so fast I didn't realize it!

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I'm deeply amused by Koichi's idea of asking indirectly.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Nanigans posted:

I hope Deku really was quirkless and it wasn't the doctor playing some shady game for some reason. It'll be real dumb if Midoriya ends up related to the original OFA holder so Deku *also* has some otherwise undetectable quirk that will end up making him the strongest OFA user of all time or some poo poo. Technically the only proof of Deku's quirklessness would be the foot x-ray which could easily be faked by the doctor, which is what has me worried.

What's really interesting is that if you look really closely at the xray shown it actually is missing the last joint of the pinky toes.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Pop is a good girl and I hope she doesn't get her heart broken.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Okay, I know that despite my optimism Polyamory is NOT the solution to all of life’s problems. But Pop’s list is pretty solid ground that it could solve this one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m a little confused about the relative ages of everyone involved here, I know Koichi’s 21 but idk about anyone else.

The lazy writing resolution here is probably that Koichi ends up with Pop, but he and Makoto seem like a pretty good fit so I hope things go in that direction instead. I’m so glad characters are just being up front and talking about it, Vigilantes writing is just so good compared to everything else (looking at you MHA mainline and Shokugeki!).

I didn’t say anything about it during the recent chapter where it was relevant, but Horikoshi either needs to move things forward between Ochako and Deku or drop it instead of just periodically including teases for 100 chapters. It’s been over 250 chapters, it’s getting silly!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m a little confused about the relative ages of everyone involved here, I know Koichi’s 21 but idk about anyone else.

The lazy writing resolution here is probably that Koichi ends up with Pop, but he and Makoto seem like a pretty good fit so I hope things go in that direction instead. I’m so glad characters are just being up front and talking about it, Vigilantes writing is just so good compared to everything else (looking at you MHA mainline and Shokugeki!).

I didn’t say anything about it during the recent chapter where it was relevant, but Horikoshi either needs to move things forward between Ochako and Deku or drop it instead of just periodically including teases for 100 chapters. It’s been over 250 chapters, it’s getting silly!

Ochako isn't popular enough.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Ochako isn't popular enough.

She’s top 10 in the manga right now despite the fujoshi bloc!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sorry, Deku is going to end up with a frog. It's the rules.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Deku x Captain Ginyu confirmed?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I believe the Frog is far less popular tbh.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ImpAtom posted:

But Ochako was the first girl to talk to Deku besides his mom. I'm not sure which of the rules carries more weight.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Luckily Mina is too cool to end up in some lame protagonist drama

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I believe the Frog is far less popular tbh.

yeah she fell off hard after she stopped being relevant

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

She's hibernating and she'll come back evolved into a bigger frog and be the one to defeat Shiggy because her tongue is too long for him to decay all at once

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah it's looking like the raw providers definitely haven't been affected at all since Korean/Chinese raws are showing up at the usual time.

Actual Spoilers:
The kids show off their progress from their internships. Midoriya/Todoroki/Bakugou show off their obvious gains in power. Uraraka's new gear is shown, which is grappling hooks- her and Midoriya have an interaction that isn't the both of them being annoyingly bashful. Mina actually has a new move where she literally makes a big acidic-gel blob around herself to tank incoming attacks, and ribs Kirishima about stealing his gimmick and he is flustered (fujos will probably be pissed off). Some teamwork is on display: a Sero/Mineta combo attack, and interestingly a Aoyama/Hagekure combo where she actually uses her light manipulation to redirect his beams. Everyone else is predictably one-paneled.

Eraser and Mic are brooding a bit, then Nejire calls Eraser to Eri's room- Eri's horn is sparking and the buildup in power is actually causing her physical pain (she's in tears from it). Eraser cancels her quirk out to temporarily make her feel better. All Might gives Midoriya his collected notes on the previous OFA holders. There's a happy new year page where Bakugou blows up the thing you make mochi in.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 27, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Isn't this all a ploy bc she touched Koichi and thus knows his memories?

LeisureSuit Canary
Dec 27, 2012

Kild posted:

Isn't this all a ploy bc she touched Koichi and thus knows his memories?

I thought she can only tell if someone is lying or not? Her quirk is polygraph if I remember right.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Clearly Deku will wind up with Toga.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

firrup posted:

I thought she can only tell if someone is lying or not? Her quirk is polygraph if I remember right.

Yes, but as was evidenced, if she asks the wrong question, the feedback she gets is less than helpful.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

firrup posted:

Ah yeah you're right she can only read their physiological signals.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Highest scoring female character in the latest poll.

Right now, it's "Izuku likes Ochaco, Ochaco likes Deku, but they've both informally agreed to put their careers first for now."

Which kind of makes sense for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm a sucker for that cute vanilla poo poo, so if Deku has to end up with a girl, I hope it's Ochako. Though, obviously, the real answer is Shoto. Lord help me, I'm a fujo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Does Izuku like Ochako? It seems like he blushes around her now and then, but otherwise hasn't developed much of a crush on her compared to the other way around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm a sucker for that cute vanilla poo poo, so if Deku has to end up with a girl, I hope it's Ochako. Though, obviously, the real answer is Shoto. Lord help me, I'm a fujo.

the taitor was among us all along...

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
My Hero Academia: 5 Reasons Midoriya Should End Up With Uraraka (& 5 Why It Should Be Toga)

Google suggested this article to me and I had to read the headline so now so do you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Does Izuku like Ochako? It seems like he blushes around her now and then, but otherwise hasn't developed much of a crush on her compared to the other way around.

He's shy around all girls. Unless they are Pro Heroes then he fanboys.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

the taitor was among us all along...
Listen, at least Shoto doesn't actively hate him, unlike some other popular characters I could name.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's neat how self-aware Pop is that her development through the Narufest arc only got a kickstart thanks to Makoto, and now she's driven to do something that she can claim was because of her own efforts. Pop's in a weird position where despite being one of the three main characters shown at the start, she never really had much of a presence in the main plot. So while I'm interested in where this will go, part of me can't help but think it's almost too late.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The only girls Deku has had meaningful interactions with is Ochako, who was his first real friend he's had since he was declared quirkless, Toga, who is a crazed serial killer who wants to show her love by stabbing him to death, and Hatsume, who makes all his hero equipment and has no respect for personal boundaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rhonne posted:

The only girls Deku has had meaningful interactions with is Ochako, who was his first real friend he's had since he was declared quirkless, Toga, who is a crazed serial killer who wants to show her love by stabbing him to death, and Hatsume, who makes all his hero equipment and has no respect for personal boundaries.

The Dekubowl is a fiercely contested battlefield.