Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

What’s a really good recent VOD to spend my $10 on?

Pretty much anything released from The Visitor to Feeders 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Doc M posted:

Fun in Balloonland just started on the Twitch channel. :getin:

Yay yay!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Just found out 'Tubi' has a bunch of stuff I hadn't seen and, wow, 'Godmonster of Indian Flats' is a hell of a thing.

Edit: finished 'Godmonster'. :stonk:

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 26, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Unkempt posted:

Just found out 'Tubi' has a bunch of stuff I hadn't seen and, wow, 'Godmonster of Indian Flats' is a hell of a thing.

Yeah don't sleep on Tubi. It has such a weird mishmash of stuff.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah don't sleep on Tubi. It has such a weird mishmash of stuff.

They have 125 RiffTrax releases! And I think all but one is a full VoD (I think there is one Short on there)

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1210652822150057984?s=21

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
So I just watched Robo Vampire and I was basically :psyduck: the whole way through. That was just loving bonkers.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Technically it's 1/2 anime, 1/2 puppets/miniatures, but still, I'm excited!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dangit, and I already used my gift card for Feeders!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Well that decided what I was doing with my gift card real quick

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What in God's name am I watching?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

That was amazing. It was as if Mighty Jack and Thunderbirds had a kid with Power Rangers.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What in God's name am I watching?

I...I don't know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched The Last Woman on Earth and man that movie just kind of goes nowhere. Like I really expected it to have a twist ending or something but nope, everything kind of played straight.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Overshadowed by Attack of the Super Monsters, RiffTrax recently released a short where Marley warns Scrooge that he'll suffer for an eternity if he doesn't get a bank account and it's delightful.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Gavok posted:

Overshadowed by Attack of the Super Monsters, RiffTrax recently released a short where Marley warns Scrooge that he'll suffer for an eternity if he doesn't get a bank account and it's delightful.

I wonder why they felt the need to rename them Arthur Scrooge and Jack Marley. The only modernization in the entire film, though I do love the idea of people needing to be sold on the idea of a checking account.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It actually makes banking seem like an elaborate Ponzi scheme. More than usual.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Unkempt posted:

Edit: finished 'Godmonster'. :stonk:

It reminds me of Rock and Roll Nightmare where they're both these meandering films then suddenly have an ending you could not have possibly seen coming and they are both starkly different endings. I watched the end of Godmonster with my brother and my mom and we were all just like "What? What? What? What even was that?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Mindripper and laughed pretty hard at Bill's angry "What!" at the fake out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just bought a shedload of riffs and rifftrax presents is a treasure where is my spinoff show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jack Frost is weird because you can tell the filmmakers are going for a horror comedy vibe but they are just so completely unfunny that none of the jokes land.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Holy crap. Santa's Summer House.

I'll admit, Rifftrax was getting a bit tired for me. Could just have been my mood.

Then Kevin's joke of "glad to share this house with the cast and crew of rear end Worshipers #12" landed and I was a useless dope laughing for like, 10 minutes.

Now I just feel happy.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how difficult is it to get tickets to the live events? My husband and I have our fifth anniversary this summer and we both adore rifftrax. We watched demon bat on our first date :3: so I was thinking that maybe going to one of the live recordings would be an awesome anniversary gift.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
There were actually tickets available the day of the Star Raiders show when I was there, but Octaman was packed the next day (they did 2 back to back days, then streamed Star Raiders later on).

Your best bet is backing the kickstarter that should be coming, which gives you first shot at tickets when they go on sale.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I went to Star Raiders and Octaman in Portland and it wasn't crowded at all.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
The nationwide theaters where they broadcast are never crowded; I think the most crowded was Jack the Giant-Killer for me, but back then fewer theaters were participating and we had to drive pretty far.

But I thought she was asking about the actual live shows in Nashville.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

BaronVonVaderham posted:

There were actually tickets available the day of the Star Raiders show when I was there, but Octaman was packed the next day (they did 2 back to back days, then streamed Star Raiders later on).

Your best bet is backing the kickstarter that should be coming, which gives you first shot at tickets when they go on sale.

Oh awesome, thanks for the info. I’ll definitely back the Kickstarter when the time comes :)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new Bridget and Mary Jo riff, Strange Impersonation, is very weird where it has a "twist" ending that it was all a dream except that's not really a twist when the movie is very clear when the dream sequence starts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ill take that over last woman on earth

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sephyr posted:

Holy crap. Santa's Summer House.

I'll admit, Rifftrax was getting a bit tired for me. Could just have been my mood.

Then Kevin's joke of "glad to share this house with the cast and crew of rear end Worshipers #12" landed and I was a useless dope laughing for like, 10 minutes.

Now I just feel happy.

Honestly, this is only a half-joke. Roughly half the director's filmography is "people running around a nice house half-naked".

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Mr. Fowl posted:

Honestly, this is only a half-joke. Roughly half the director's filmography is "people running around THE SAME EXACT HOUSE IN EVERY MOVIE half-naked".

FTFY

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Fowl posted:

Honestly, this is only a half-joke. Roughly half the director's filmography is "people running around a nice house half-naked".
I was going to make a Last Slumber Party joke but wanted to make sure I remembered the name right so I googled and...

TIL that Shelley Hack is a real person on Charlie's Angels for a season, among other things. Tell that to Shelley Hack!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1222602813378682880

Some prime material here. Should be good.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
.....is that actually "The Family Guide to the Internet" with an alternate title, or did they actually make more than one of those atrocities?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kCCS_vIrTI

Either way, getting this immediately and it's going to be amazing. Also, glad to see Conor and Sean do some stuff!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hell yeah more riffers I like.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Dear god they made more than one of them, Kids Guide to the Internet is distinct from Family Guide to the Internet. It starts off almost identically, with some of the same terrible lines, but then veers off.

I'm surprised they didn't pick up on the thing that baffled us the most: There's a section talking about browsers in which they say "to download IE/Netscape, just type in [URL]". But....if you don't have a browser (and clearly don't even know what one is), where the gently caress are you supposed to "just type in this URL"?

I really hope they expand into this genre more. Don't get me wrong, I love me an ancient filmstrip, but 90s instructional VHS is funny in an entirely different way, with an added layer of nostalgia since I was actually alive for the poo poo they're talking about.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:siren::siren:NEW RIFF ALERT!:siren::siren:

The Shape of Things to Come

RiffTrax posted:

The Shape of Things to Come! No, it’s not a harrowing follow-up to our classic thrill ride short Drawing for Beginners: The Rectangle, it’s a space thing!

Specifically, it’s a space thing “based on” a book by H.G. Wells. Even more specifically, it came out in 1979, two years after Star Wars, yet still feels like a B-movie from the 50s that someone accidentally colorized.

The titular Things to Come are a future in which mankind has laid waste to the Earth - which is, just, CLASSIC mankind - and lives on moon bases filled with boxy robots who can teleport, but only sometimes. Danger has emerged on a distant planet in the form of none other than Jack Palance, rocking a gold jumpsuit and purple cape combo, and chewing through scenery like a shark through tissue paper. Also, his name is OMUS. Jack Palance / Omus is out to rule the galaxy from his very dull space office, and our only hope is - who else? - some scientists in slightly-different jumpsuits. One of them is played by a guy from Space: 1999. Y’know, for the kids!

Choose your jumpsuit wisely and get on board with Mike, Kevin, and Bill for a geometrical taste of The Shape of Things to Come!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

You forgot the critical warning:

Something you should know:
Contains light sci-fi violence and Jack Palance.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jack craps bigger than this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Day three. Missed call. My voice scares the local children.