Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
rip tuvix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want hana to kiss the girl who likes pokemon

kyona and konami make cameos in this

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 28, 2019

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cavauro posted:

i did not want kaori to leave in order to make it happen but i am about to watch the first episode of terrace house with hana kimura, i would assume. never been more excited for anything in my life except the disco elysium funko pops

She wasn't there for a relationship! Only to promote her art!

She was pretty cool though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most people go on there to promote and pretend otherwise so even as a boring advertiser she's at least in the middle of the pack above those fools

Tsubasa #1

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Everyone needs to get a good nights sleep tonight. 8 hours!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

wait. specifically for tonight?

would like to but coughing up continually is keeping me up.

There's a wedding tomorrow and really hoping for no open bar to resist temptation.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drunk off beer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1GNmLGy9Iw

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

yea ok posted:

drunk off beer
what kind

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am too tired because my body is used to having dopamine simulators in it. I took two separate naps yesterday. And this is on top of sleeping 8 hours.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

some poo poo from the 'rado, forgot what its called tho

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

started watching Terrace House when Hana showed up and boy howdy am I annoyed at how sucked in I got

it's so charming

ughhhhh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If Jedi Fallen Order worth $45?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

$12.50

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

bradzilla posted:

It's worth a month or two of Origin Premium at $14.99 a month.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bradzilla posted:

I picked it up and I'm loving it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now that i finished the u.s. allotment of terrace house i decided to go view all the released and translated episodes. i miss the italian boy big time, and somewhat miss the stupid idiot boy. i don't care much for the new robot boy, but will give him a chance. i don't think hana kimura will get to kiss the basketball boy in whom she is interested for the show.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 28, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok Chris, potluck/Yankee swamp at the LGS today. STAY AWAKE!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ah yankee swap, aka bad christmas

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel sorta bad but what I'm giving up can't possibly be as bad as what I'm getting.
(I'm regifting the card I got last year)
The Yankee Swap is all Magic: The Gathering cards.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would like such holiday games to have a different title. i don't like to think of trading prisoners of war. though i imagine most people do not think that way, unknowingly or otherwise, the connection is there for those of us who aren't as lucky. it's somewhat horrendous

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

bradzilla posted:

I paid about that much and have no regrets.

You’ll notice, depending on your system, a mild to moderate amount of jankiness. That is pretty much baked in.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ive been playing "the messenger" but the music got really bad when it changed to 16 bit

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Cavauro posted:

now that i finished the u.s. allotment of terrace house i decided to go view all the released and translated episodes. i miss the italian boy big time, and somewhat miss the stupid idiot boy. i don't care much for the new robot boy, but will give him a chance. i don't think hana kimura will get to kiss the basketball boy in whom she is interested for the show.

I'm livid that I am suddenly so invested in this show and I am glad I have another person to talk to about this.

Comedian Fella is so great and I hope he and Hana become fast friends. Robot Boy has a lot of potential and it will be interesting to see his character arc.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

treasure island is a fun board game if you like lying to your friends and loved ones

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I am here to announce that I guess I'm starting a blog? About food and movies, and in fact food in movies. Very specific (Japanese) food in a specific director's (Hirokazu Kore-eda) movies.

I'm currently in the planning stage right now but I think it might be a cool project. Hoping to get the first posts up in the first week of 2020. Maybe I'll post about it here too.

Projects are exciting & fun but I'm basically putting the idea out there so that I have to do what I said I'd do. Please shout at me if I don't post about it again in a couple of weeks

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 28, 2019

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

JJ Abrams is a coward

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

JJ Abrams is a coward

Completely bent knee to fascist bot networks.

I saw the new Star Wars. It would have been a better show if it tried to be the third movie in a trilogy. Everything they tacked on would have made for better movies. And the Rey/Kylo stuff was gross. We kill and pike our abusers round here.

I dunno it was a decent family afternoon movie but I wanted to see Cats instead.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

JJ Abrams is a coward

His movies and shows almost universally suck rear end

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I remember liking Super 8 and Cloverfield okay but I don’t really want to see them again

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

2. My Year Of Rest And Relaxation, a novel

i liked the back cover for this, i will try and pick it up thank you

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

A a former giant fan of RedLetterMedia, I have come to the conclusion that they've convinced an entire generation of angry men that not liking things and being really angry about it is a meaningful replacement for having a personality and we're all worse off for it.

Pay attention to how often people bring up how they hate a Star War when loving nobody else was talking about it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’ve only read one moshfegh story in the paris review and found it wildly homophobic in a nineties kind of way.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

A a former giant fan of RedLetterMedia, I have come to the conclusion that they've convinced an entire generation of angry men that not liking things and being really angry about it is a meaningful replacement for having a personality and we're all worse off for it.

Pay attention to how often people bring up how they hate a Star War when loving nobody else was talking about it.

have you considered that you, yourself, are also often angry about star wars on the internet

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WatermelonGun posted:

have you considered that you, yourself, are also often angry about star wars on the internet
Yes, and that's a big part of how I arrived at this conclusion, because I liked a thing everybody told me not to because women suddenly mattered and it infuriated people. That's more of an answer than your bad-faith-actin' rear end deserved. I hope you become happy at some point.

Now leave me alone, please.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m just sayin you got the last thread nuked because of star wars so maybe be more chill about disney movies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Make it stop

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tom Hooper should go to jail

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna get into photography. My partner has a nice Canon camera. I've literally never touched one but I was big into filmmaking in college and miss tinkering around with cameras and editing software. If it recorded video like the ones my old TV Production club buddies have I'd consider getting back into that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

NienNunb posted:

I wanna get into photography. My partner has a nice Canon camera. I've literally never touched one but I was big into filmmaking in college and miss tinkering around with cameras and editing software. If it recorded video like the ones my old TV Production club buddies have I'd consider getting back into that as well.
gently caress yeah! Have fun! I keep not practicing long enough that I have to re-learn the photographic triangle every time I shoot some poo poo, but I would be so stoked to see you post your work here!