Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

a man can dream

:edit: snipe tax

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1209559132677791745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I was working on doing some refurbishment work on the roof of this old rear end church in France a little while back and dropped my smoke. It was still lit.
Hope it didn't get stuck somewhere.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

wesleywillis posted:

I was working on doing some refurbishment work on the roof of this old rear end church in France a little while back and dropped my smoke. It was still lit.
Hope it didn't get stuck somewhere.

You better hope they will notre claim then!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

I'm the industrial music and sirens that kick in at eleven seconds as you transition into Silent Hill.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I'm the industrial music and sirens that kick in at eleven seconds as you transition into Silent Hill.

the car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel…

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

There's a longer clip on youtube with a map in the beginning of the U.S eastern seaboard, a fair amount of video detail, and some of the aftermath.

https://youtu.be/C2tFE86fQX0

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were they taking the cars to Russia or something? Why was everything in Russian if it was off the coast of Virginia

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
https://twitter.com/KCBD11/status/1210679686491246595

Standing on the side of a Highway in no visibility, is very OSHA

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

SeaborneClink posted:

I thought I caught just a glimpse of the Swift logo.

Edit: Nope, just a blue serial number for the trailer.

Sex Skeleton fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 28, 2019

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

SeaborneClink posted:

Ok, some fog and a truck with RV trying to reposition itself. Camera man messes with exposure. What is i- :stare: :stonk:

Bet that truck driver got quite a beating stern talking to once all those cops fished him out of the cab.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With the debris on the road it looks like the same thing probably already happened shortly before that.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

There is a person in the white pickup. :rip:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

There is a person in the white pickup. :rip:

A pickup is stronger than a trailer.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

A pickup is stronger than a trailer.

It's not the trailer, it's the freight that gets ya.

The story says that the pickup driver was only injured.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Sex Skeleton posted:

I thought I caught just a glimpse of the Swift logo.

Edit: Nope, just a blue serial number for the trailer.

I had the exact same reaction when I first saw it

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Fabulousity posted:

Bet that truck driver got quite a beating stern talking to once all those cops fished him out of the cab.

Yeah, especially because this is why all the laws about "going to fast for conditions" exist. To prevent people outrunning their sight in fog or at night and ramming through traffic killing a bunch of people.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

At least the trucker had his fog lights on.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

At least the trucker had his fog lights on.

A small consolation when the truck becomes the fuckler.

I'm still very confused as to why the pickup swerved into the semi in the first place.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

SeaborneClink posted:

I'm still very confused as to why the pickup swerved into the semi in the first place.

I didn't see that at first, but i'm pretty loving sure that truck was going to plow into the pickup hauling the trailer anyway.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

There was a person in the white pickup. :rip:
:eng101:

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Truck was coming up too fast but the story says (and you can see it in the video) an SUV moves in front of the truck which sets the whole thing off

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://giant.gfycat.com/CleanFlakyAmmonite.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

8 Ball posted:

Truck was coming up too fast but the story says (and you can see it in the video) an SUV moves in front of the truck which sets the whole thing off

The trucker was not maintaining a safe speed and spacing for those weather conditions.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Would you say he was driving too

Swiftly

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
From a page back:

Source4Leko posted:

Also fun fact the guy who realized that those metal slivers were the problem was a Hiroshima survivor who was hired by a Manhattan Project lead scientist.

Holy crap, I just realized that guy was my boss when I worked as an intern at Fermilab. I had no idea about his history.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

USCSB animation budget has been looking impressive this year.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

SelenicMartian posted:

USCSB animation budget has been looking impressive this year.

I still remember the one where a guy got sprayed with liquid phosgene and went to the hospital to be told "yeah you are gonna die in like 2 days pal."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MikeCrotch posted:

I still remember the one where a guy got sprayed with liquid phosgene and went to the hospital to be told "yeah you are gonna die in like 2 days pal."

From the report:

"The third incident occurred just 6 hours later. At approximately 1:45 p.m., an operator walked into the phosgene cylinder storage area in the Small Lots Manufacturing unit and was sprayed in the face and upper torso with phosgene when a flexible hose suddenly ruptured. The worker called for assistance and coworkers immediately went to his aid. His personal dosimeter indicated that he had been exposed to a significant dose of phosgene but he did not exhibit immediate signs of breathing problems. About 3 hours after arriving at the hospital his condition deteriorated, and he died the following night. "...

"Because of recurring communication problems associated with emergency responses to chemical plants in the Kanawha Valley, responding medical units have established a practice of not immediately going onto a property that has called for assistance. Instead, EMS personnel respond to a staging area as far as a mile away where they remain until they receive more detailed information regarding the material involved and whether the victim has been, or will need to be decontaminated prior to transport to a hospital. This practice was developed by the emergency response organizations due to information that was sometimes so imprecise that EMS personnel could not ensure that they or their equipment would not be contaminated by a hazardous chemical as a result of transporting an exposed victim."

https://www.csb.gov/assets/1/20/staff_draft_for_public_comment_final_corrected_reduced_file_size.pdf?13963

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Literally that's standard practice. Our safety is more important then the patients, because we could be the patient then and cost more people their lives if we lemming into a chemical spill. A video played to all emergency response is of a cop that went into an ammonia cloud gassing off a crashed truck that he didn't see the placard on. He went to rescue the driver who was passed out on the ground and within 1 minute was on the ground gasping and dead in 3.

That's why ems stages in an area till they know what's they are treating for chemical exposures. We can't save someone if we will end up needing saved getting to you

Just like how you never try and rescue someone that falls in the pig poo poo lagoons. You will die. They are already dead

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

UCS Hellmaker posted:

pig poo poo lagoons

Sorry?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Large lagoons holding liquified pig poo poo, fatal to be trapped in due to the hydrogen sulfide (?) gas floating above the liquid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_lagoon

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_lagoon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_pig_farming
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/28/iowa-father-son-die-manure-pit-fumes/30811157/

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's exactly what you think.

Decaying shitpiss big -> hydrogen sulfide -> death to anyone who gets too close.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Some of the lagoons turn a bright pink, from the bacteria producing the H2S that will kill you. Cheers!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Deader than a pig in poo poo

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Pig poo poo lagoon deaths depress me cause they always follow the same pattern:

Some poor sod slips over during Another Day At The Pig poo poo Factory and dies in poo poo.

Then some brave coworker willingly dives into poo poo to save him and also dies.

Then a third worker sees them both and still is brave enough to dive into what is clearly a very dangerous place and then also dies in poo poo.

It just seems so unfair to these brave and unselfish people that they work in poo poo and die in poo poo while stock brokers get to die in coke-fuelled porsche crashes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Its pretty standard even for confined space rescue, that if you're the look out and someone in there is in distress, you're not to go in there, in spite of your (probable) instinct to rush in and help. You'll probably end up dead too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shut up Meg posted:

Pig poo poo lagoon deaths depress me cause they always follow the same pattern:

Some poor sod slips over during Another Day At The Pig poo poo Factory and dies in poo poo.

Then some brave coworker willingly dives into poo poo to save him and also dies.

Then a third worker sees them both and still is brave enough to dive into what is clearly a very dangerous place and then also dies in poo poo.

It just seems so unfair to these brave and unselfish people that they work in poo poo and die in poo poo while stock brokers get to die in coke-fuelled porsche crashes.

We should have the rich get coked up and crash their Porsches into hog lagoons so they too can die in poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

We should have the rich get coked up and crash their Porsches into hog lagoons so they too can die in poo poo

Would you settle for middle class, alcohol and cow lagoons?

https://www.theindependent.com/news/no-indication-of-foul-play/article_a6092b0e-fc89-50de-9edf-405bf05dd5d1.html