Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Is there a way to force Radarr to search for multiple movies right now? I changed the profile on a bunch of movies, but it's a huge pain in the rear end to go to each movie and click search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

One of the things in System > Tasks might do it. Refresh Movies perhaps?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Is there a way to force Radarr to search for multiple movies right now? I changed the profile on a bunch of movies, but it's a huge pain in the rear end to go to each movie and click search.

There is but I’m phone posting so couldn’t see full Ui. Try movies update library?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

If you go into Wanted, there's a button that says "Search for All" or something.

Assuming you have the movie in your list already, that is.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

If you go into Wanted, there's a button that says "Search for All" or something.

Yeah, in Wanted you can select movies and then click "Search selected".

The reason this isn't needs-suiting is two-fold:

1. that the list of movies doesn't show the profile for each movie so the 70+ movies I changed the profile for are scattered amongst a list of a 1500+ movies.
2. #1 doesn't matter because it only shows movies that are Missing, and most of these movies aren't missing.

I was trying to avoid searching all movies since I've got so many and don't want to hammer my indexers.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 26, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thermopyle posted:

The reason this isn't needs-suiting is that the list of movies doesn't show the profile for each movie so the 70+ movies I changed the profile for are scattered amongst a list of a 1500+ movies.

Yeah this is why I clear out stuff that has hit the maximum quality I’m ever going to need in radarr. People ITT weren’t generally a fan, but I don’t really have a need for Radarr to be a database of movies I have when plex does that just fine. I only really need the revolving door stuff listed.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah this is why I clear out stuff that has hit the maximum quality I’m ever going to need in radarr. People ITT weren’t generally a fan, but I don’t really have a need for Radarr to be a database of movies I have when plex does that just fine. I only really need the revolving door stuff listed.

Yeah, I'm going to have to spend a long time clearing all this stuff out I guess. But I can only do that once I've got the correct quality for each movie since I'm going through and fine tuning all my profiles.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Doing anything particularly fun? Changing over to new formats, or got a big rear end new HDD array that gives you a ton more space than you had before?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Has there been a PYF profile / quality settings section in this thread? I've always wondered what people are choosing / blocking / etc.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For Sonarr v3 my settings are pretty straightforward these days. HDTV 720, HDTV 1080, WEB 1080 with web being the cutoff. I don’t usually bother with Blu-ray, if I want that I’ll do it by hand when it comes out eventually.

I then also add a Release Profile for the various tags that web versions come in, with AMZN at the top, ITUNES 2nd, then the not-pay ones below.

So the tv 720 usually comes down within a few minutes of air, followed by the 1080 not long after. Then they get replaced by web versions as they come out, topping out at Amazon. This is based on having uncapped gigabit fiber so I don’t really care about a few versions coming down for some things.

Movies I just have web versions, then regular Blu-ray for most. Remux/4K when I fancy it.

I dig HEVC but I do that manually as it’s not got the labeling for me to trust automation with right now, and I’d rather watch an AVC copy first most times.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Doing anything particularly fun? Changing over to new formats, or got a big rear end new HDD array that gives you a ton more space than you had before?

I have gotten kinda crazy and lazy with my profiles in the past. I've got remuxes taking 25GB for stupid movies that don't need it.

So I made a new profile to cut the quality down on a lot of stuff and I'm working my way through moving stuff over to that profile.

Then I need to move a bunch of stuff over to x265, so I'll do that next.

Since my previous posts I whipped together a stupid python script to force searches on all movies in a profile.

Anyone interested in me uploading that somewhere for your own use?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

it's like this fly in amber moment of early internet before everyone decided to be huge assholes.

September not only didn't end, but got worse

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Cut off unmet (different tab, same page) is what I think you mean. There's a search all in that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Thermopyle posted:

I have gotten kinda crazy and lazy with my profiles in the past. I've got remuxes taking 25GB for stupid movies that don't need it.

Ha yeah, I’ve got a similar set of remuxed movies I just need to sit down and clear out. I need to have a week or so where I just get through those, I’m not hurting stupidly for space or anything but it’d be nice for sure.

quote:

Then I need to move a bunch of stuff over to x265, so I'll do that next.

Yeah it’s such a difference maker. I wish it was a bit more consistent, but sticking to certain groups/people helps. I don’t have much interest in 10gb+ rips but a decent one at 4-6gb without DTS and similar sound is perfect for my archive drives.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How come the process for buying a membership to dog is to "buy a shirt"? Some kinda super big brain move to not bring the CIA down on them? I hate it so much lol, i just want to press button.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Payment processors don’t like taking money for dubious services, so it’s a way around that.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
It's the only one of the indexers i use/have used that does something like that, is dog a relatively old indexer then and has gotten a lot of attention from stuff like that or something? There should be lore wikis.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

One of the indexers I use takes payments via Amazon gift cards, the other on has a shell server hosting company you buy an account from.

If your indexer hasn’t been blacklisted by Paypal/Visa/Mastercard, they will eventually.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, i paid extra attention this time to my bank statements as i re-bought the subscriptions i needed and all of them listed a t-shirt company, hehe. Guess Dog just figured they should actually offer you the t-shirt.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Dongattack posted:

How come the process for buying a membership to dog is to "buy a shirt"? Some kinda super big brain move to not bring the CIA down on them? I hate it so much lol, i just want to press button.

Plus they tack a $10 processing fee on top, yeesh. If you use the voucher noship you don’t have to buy a shirt and saves you like $10 or something.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

If buttcoins weren't such a pain in the rear end to deal with, I'd probably use that payment method since like all the indexers prefer that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So new-oldbie getting into the Sonarr/Radar/SABNZB/NZBHydra NAS (Synology DS918+) setup and it was super intimidating but I've pushed past the wall at least in that everything is 'working'. I used to use Usenets waay back in the day to download things manually using GrabIt because my ISP at the time had a pretty good usenet server, but the NZB et. al stuff is generally new to me.

I have Plex setup (with Pass) using just synocommunity packages because the Docker stuff sounded way out of my comfort zone and way too intimidating. Does Docker actually offer any real advantages to deal with the seeming headache of using it? I guess it would be better reliability incase DSM update fucks it up; but maybe that'll be the point where the fire is lit to give Docker a shot.

NZBHydra is setup with NZBGeek and the other default free ones, that seems to be working fine as both Radarr and Sonarr seem to pickup from it and then push it into the Plex directory (vol1/movies, vol1/tv shows) just fine. SABNZBD seems to be working well (I originally tried NZBGet but it's UI was kinda bad and overly confusing to my feeble olde brain compared to SAB). It takes a bit long to Unpack using SAB but it's not horrendously long as to matter.

First test it went really badly with pretty much everything failing, and I think that's because I signedup for a Block from NewsDemon and giving Aborted, Articles missing somethingsomething. I figure that's just DMCA'd postings. I signed up for the 7-day trial of Eweka and put that in as first priority and now it seems to be downloading well; however, Eweka is a bit slow (300 MB/s cap). Every rare once and while I'll get a list that all download options were blacklisted and have to manually do it as it fails to actually do-so. Do I just need some more secondary (block) servers?

The OP seems potentially out of date and I know companies can go bad real quick, are there a Usenet provider(s) that seems to be as good as Eweka but without a cap? I'm fine if it's a bit pricey for a monthly sub at first because I'm just hoping to plug up gaps, update quality, and then move back to a Block server since I really don't watch a whole lot nor need to hoard everything; just really catching up.

Aside from that, Sonarr I think is overall doing well. Someone mentioned adding a priority for AMZN, WEB-DL, then rest but I'm not seeing a way to put in tags to prioritize?

Radarr is a bit of a mess because I have a /movies/ folder going back 20 years with various poo poo rips, (CD1, ___CD2.avi ugggh) and I'd like to really clean that up. Issue is Radarr does not recognize the quality of existing movies (all coming up as Unknown) and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or something is hosed with it. Maybe the best thing to do is just redownload most every movie folder I have and start from scratch? I have gigabit fiber so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I see there's a feature for "Lists" in radar; are there any good lists for new brrip/dvdscr scene releases that I should be adding and can filter out >60% rating? StevenLu wasn't really working (only showing 2 movies) and couldn't find anything other than popular/trending/mostwatched from Trakt Lists.

Probably a pipedream, but Is there any Plex-plugin or something with a decent interface where I can quickly search for something that's missing from Plex and it pushes it to Radarr/Sonarr? Probably not but I just thought I'd check if there's ways to automate it a bit more.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Dongattack posted:

Yeah, i paid extra attention this time to my bank statements as i re-bought the subscriptions i needed and all of them listed a t-shirt company, hehe. Guess Dog just figured they should actually offer you the t-shirt.

I own 3 dog shirts. They are pretty decent t’s for :10bux: No regrets.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Xaris posted:

First test it went really badly with pretty much everything failing, and I think that's because I signedup for a Block from NewsDemon and giving Aborted, Articles missing somethingsomething. I figure that's just DMCA'd postings. I signed up for the 7-day trial of Eweka and put that in as first priority and now it seems to be downloading well; however, Eweka is a bit slow (300 MB/s cap). Every rare once and while I'll get a list that all download options were blacklisted and have to manually do it as it fails to actually do-so. Do I just need some more secondary (block) servers?

Newshosting Unlimited hits 100MB/sec for me which essentially maxes out my gigabit line. Did you mean 300MB/sec or 300Mbit/sec? Because I’m not sure I’d consider 300 megabytes a second to be slow! If megabit, that’s still pretty fast but it’s bearable. I have a block account from free-Usenet.com which was cheap and fills in the occasional miss. With radarr and Sonarr you’re generally going to be grabbing faster than DMCA these days and it’s just backfilling you might hit issue. Someone posted the provider map within the last few pages, so worth checking that.

Surprised you had an issue with the nzbget UI, i don’t recall it looking a million miles apart from Sab but it’s been a while since I used that.

quote:

Aside from that, Sonarr I think is overall doing well. Someone mentioned adding a priority for AMZN, WEB-DL, then rest but I'm not seeing a way to put in tags to prioritize?

That was probably me. First of all it’s a Sonarr v3 feature so If you’re on regular Sonarr (which is v2 as 3 is still officially in beta I believe) that’ll be why. If you’re in 3, it’s Settings > Profiles > Release Profiles. This has a Term / Score system that’s a bit different to v2. You then just type in the terms you want with their score, give this list a name, then include that name in the tag of the shows you add.

quote:

Radarr is a bit of a mess because I have a /movies/ folder going back 20 years with various poo poo rips, (CD1, ___CD2.avi ugggh) and I'd like to really clean that up. Issue is Radarr does not recognize the quality of existing movies (all coming up as Unknown) and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or something is hosed with it. Maybe the best thing to do is just redownload most every movie folder I have and start from scratch? I have gigabit fiber so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I see there's a feature for "Lists" in radar; are there any good lists for new brrip/dvdscr scene releases that I should be adding and can filter out >60% rating? StevenLu wasn't really working (only showing 2 movies) and couldn't find anything other than popular/trending/mostwatched from Trakt Lists.

I haven’t had to do this in ages, but you should be able to add them then do a mass manage edit that involves setting the quality.

Personally I use the lists just for my IMDb watch list, then it’s as easy as bringing up that app on the phone whenever someone mentions something, I see a trailer etc. I keep an eye on the r5 release blog at https://sbraidley.com/r5-release-dates/ which is a useful resource for seeing what stuff is due out on itunes/bluray soon and the comments tend to indicate what’s been done.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

EL BROMANCE posted:

Newshosting Unlimited hits 100MB/sec for me which essentially maxes out my gigabit line. Did you mean 300MB/sec or 300Mbit/sec? Because I’m not sure I’d consider 300 megabytes a second to be slow! If megabit, that’s still pretty fast but it’s bearable. I have a block account from free-Usenet.com which was cheap and fills in the occasional miss. With radarr and Sonarr you’re generally going to be grabbing faster than DMCA these days and it’s just backfilling you might hit issue. Someone posted the provider map within the last few pages, so worth checking that.

Surprised you had an issue with the nzbget UI, i don’t recall it looking a million miles apart from Sab but it’s been a while since I used that.

That was probably me. First of all it’s a Sonarr v3 feature so If you’re on regular Sonarr (which is v2 as 3 is still officially in beta I believe) that’ll be why. If you’re in 3, it’s Settings > Profiles > Release Profiles. This has a Term / Score system that’s a bit different to v2. You then just type in the terms you want with their score, give this list a name, then include that name in the tag of the shows you add.

I haven’t had to do this in ages, but you should be able to add them then do a mass manage edit that involves setting the quality.

Personally I use the lists just for my IMDb watch list, then it’s as easy as bringing up that app on the phone whenever someone mentions something, I see a trailer etc. I keep an eye on the r5 release blog at https://sbraidley.com/r5-release-dates/ which is a useful resource for seeing what stuff is due out on itunes/bluray soon and the comments tend to indicate what’s been done.
Great, thanks for that. Yeah I meant Mbit. It's not unbearable and I might just stick with it, at least for a month. I'll check out Newshosting. I think it was also because I was indeed backfilling stuff as my first run at it, so that was probably why. I've just recently included NZBPlanet ($10/yr) and NZBFinder (free) to Hydra and that helped quite a lot because NZBGeek alone was giving me a small list of everything blacklisted.

Indeed I think I'm on Sonarr 2.0.0.5338 so yeah, that checks out. I felt like I had to be missing something obvious because there really aren't that many options.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Is anyone using the linuxserver/nzbget docker image? nzbToMedia is failing because the version of Python they use is EOL, but the container hasn't been updated to Python3 yet.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Seriously, go to the Linux server.io forums and detail it. I asked for a package to be added to pyload a while ago to enable a feature (i.e. not a big or breaking issue) and it was deployed within 6hrs.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone have much luck downloading "foreign" movies & etc? I try to find norwegian movies now and then, but it's very random weather or not my indexers can find them. They had some much less popular movies so i don't think it's that they don't have it, but more that the system gets confused by something. The movie name has only english alphabet letters in both norwegian and english. It's called "The King's Choice".

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
No luck here. I have been trying to chase down some 80s/90s Hong Kong films and they are incredibly hard to find (even if they have clean English titles). A lot of other places I used to find these at are either closed or inactive.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Dongattack posted:

Anyone have much luck downloading "foreign" movies & etc? I try to find norwegian movies now and then, but it's very random weather or not my indexers can find them. They had some much less popular movies so i don't think it's that they don't have it, but more that the system gets confused by something. The movie name has only english alphabet letters in both norwegian and english. It's called "The King's Choice".
It depends on which groups the indexers are indexing and if you are searching for the English or original language title, and that goes for all non-english language movies.
I tried looking up the movie in the four indexers I use, and found it on one in the English language version (posted on a.b.chello) and one in the original language (posted on dk.binaer.film)
Often it's just a question of asking the admin to add a particular group to the indexer via their forums.

Also, never use the "Movies/Foreign" category, just stick with "Movies" or even "All", for the more obscure ones.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bank posted:

No luck here. I have been trying to chase down some 80s/90s Hong Kong films and they are incredibly hard to find (even if they have clean English titles). A lot of other places I used to find these at are either closed or inactive.

Look up places like rarelust and myduckisdead for things like that if you don’t already, they specialize in more cult stuff so you might plum some gaps. I love browsing their stuff, especially the weirder Asian releases I’d never heard of before.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

halokiller posted:

If buttcoins weren't such a pain in the rear end to deal with, I'd probably use that payment method since like all the indexers prefer that.

See if any of your friends have any butts and give them cash for some. I keep some Bitcoin handy just for usenet stuff because Bitcoin support for indexers is like the standard and just makes it so much easier.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Well poo poo. I was buying NewsHosting Unlimited from the New Years deal and payment bugged out and I hosed up paying for it twice on 2 seperate emails. Instead of dealing with PayPal and support poo poo as the first thing, which I hate doing, is anyone interested in 1-yr of NewsHosting unlimited for $45?

Nevermind, just decided to go with Support route. They sorted it out promptly, which is surprising but fantastic!

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 3, 2020

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Heners_UK posted:

Seriously, go to the Linux server.io forums and detail it. I asked for a package to be added to pyload a while ago to enable a feature (i.e. not a big or breaking issue) and it was deployed within 6hrs.

Looks like someone put an Issue/Pull Request in on the GitHub already: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget/issues/91

Somebody posted a temporary fix if anyone else runs into the same issue:

code:
docker exec -it $nzbget_container_name apk add python3
docker exec -it $nzbget_container_name ln -s /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python --force

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I'm struggling to break 23MB/s with NewsDemon. I should be hitting around 50MB/s. I've messed around with lower and higher connections to no avail.

I haven't really ever cared too much because everything is usually automated and just shows up in my library and I don't worry about it. But now I'm trying to organize and backfill and upgrade quality of poo poo and it's irritating waiting around for stuff to download.

Anyone getting 50+MB/s with a provider they're happy with?

(yes I mean megabytes not megabits)

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

I'm struggling to break 23MB/s with NewsDemon. I should be hitting around 50MB/s. I've messed around with lower and higher connections to no avail.

I haven't really ever cared too much because everything is usually automated and just shows up in my library and I don't worry about it. But now I'm trying to organize and backfill and upgrade quality of poo poo and it's irritating waiting around for stuff to download.

(yes I mean megabytes not megabits)

My gigabit line gives me around 68-90 MB/s on NewsDemon, I use 50 connections and I haven't really touched any other setting.

It's pretty close to the theoretical limit of 1 Gbps which is 125 MB/s so I've been happy with it.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari

Thermopyle posted:

NewsHosting's unlimited plan will push me right up to 90 MB/s.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
RE: Custom Formats - I had to redo my entire setup so I started to incorporate these. Am I correct in thinking as long as I have added these to the appropriate profiles, Radarr will search for the monitored movies with this (x265) format automatically? Or do I need to do something to kick off the search?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Fano posted:

My gigabit line gives me around 68-90 MB/s on NewsDemon, I use 50 connections and I haven't really touched any other setting.

It's pretty close to the theoretical limit of 1 Gbps which is 125 MB/s so I've been happy with it.

Well poo poo.

Dunno why I can't get faster speeds then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

RE: Custom Formats - I had to redo my entire setup so I started to incorporate these. Am I correct in thinking as long as I have added these to the appropriate profiles, Radarr will search for the monitored movies with this (x265) format automatically? Or do I need to do something to kick off the search?

Changing the profile doesn't cause Radarr to search. You have to manually do it or wait for a matching movie to show up on RSS feeds.