Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Remember to login today, head to Warstock, and buy your free RC tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
RC Tank?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrC_2Q-ZOaQ
I like the pew pew lasers.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Otacon posted:

Remember to login today, head to Warstock, and buy your free RC tank

Thank you, warstocking hard! Also I outfitted that Duke o death and holy bananas. The acceleration stat was already all the way full after like two of the four or so upgrades, and once I bought them all it does a wheelie off the line like in the fast and the furious lmao. Also with full armor I was plowing through box trucks and losing almost no speed. It's time to go get the poo poo kicked out of me by twelve year olds

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 26, 2019

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Oh my God that "now I have a mini gun" shirt

E and I've now dominated in that Duke, I almost don't trust how good it is on turns

E2 how do I prevent my pistol ammo from disappearing, i guess it's an old glitch but its bitten me twice in two sessions now

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 27, 2019

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Already miss the snow :(

On a side note I dabbled with some of the MC businesses over this wintery break and its unfortunate that they're basically designed not to make money. There's a nice simplicity to 'go kill these five bikers and steal their van to bring back to this little counterfeiting office' versus every gunrunning resupply or sell mission being an intense military op where you kill like 50+ people.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Wolfsheim posted:

On a side note I dabbled with some of the MC businesses over this wintery break and its unfortunate that they're basically designed not to make money.

The obvious solution is to buy more shark cards!

On a more serious note I totally agree with you about the snow. It's my favorite part of GTA Online when they flip the switch for snow. I need to learn more about mod menus because I just want a snow button to hit whenever I want snowy Los Santos.

GTA is on sale on the rockstar website for 10bux right now. Not sure how those things are related but take that however you will.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i see a lot of very low level players. i assume alts. i cant imagine starting out brand new in this thing

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sleekly posted:

i see a lot of very low level players. i assume alts. i cant imagine starting out brand new in this thing

This thing is pretty consistently on the top 10 list for sales, and it was number 9 on the top ten list of annual game sales this year, years after it came out. I believe there are a pile of new players for Christmas.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Criminal Enterprise starter pack thing is also only $10 now. $20 isn't a bad deal for a decent start.

Even if you don't care about the property or cars it includes, $10 only gets you 500k from shark cards and the starter pack comes with a million

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Out of context, that sounds like a pretty good deal!

In context that money will be gone within three cosmetic clicks of the dozen 'pay big upfront to make a pittance back via a new game mode' rackets they have to offer you, or in 0.5 to 1 purchased cars.

If you weren't around long enough to either glitch a garage of Deluxos or have money dropped on your head in the PC version, it's an extremely hard sell to a new player at this point.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

:sigh: so many chrome-plated Felon GT's "sold" in the 360 era.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

its so grindy and the only reason we all know where the money is through collective effort and also ignoring 99% of daddy rockstars enticements.

see the guy who just discovered biking is poo poo up the page and the proper way is niteclubs. explain getting a niteclub to someone truly new. i love it but i have no idea why anyone else does if that makes sense

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I love it until the third time I'm ganked trying to nail the final headhunter target

Although on the target before that I got a sneaky sniper shot in from blocks away through alleys and fire escapes and poo poo because players were trying to protect him

Ive also actually finally played as an associate helping other CEOs, and while you get basically no money, it was way more fun than just being a loner and finding a new server/glitching out to solo when too many people join. The CEOs I was helping were usually able to get at least one or two people besides me, I might try recruiting people next time I do a cargo run or a car sale. I will say one CEO I was helping wordlessly rolled up and sticky bombed me two blocks from dropping his car off at his warehouse and then left the server with no explanation, but I may have banged up the car more than he liked lol

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 28, 2019

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

Wolfsheim posted:

On a side note I dabbled with some of the MC businesses over this winter break and its unfortunate that they're basically designed not to make money. There's a nice simplicity to 'go kill these five bikers and steal their van to bring back to this little counterfeiting office' versus every gunrunning resupply or sell mission being an intense military op where you kill like 50+ people.

The MC businesses can make money, but they absolutely are designed by Rockstar not to.
-Basically worthless without purchasing the expensive upgrades
-Stealing supplies is a trap, you don't get enough supplies with the missions to justify the time they take.
-Gameplay is designed around having a group of players but only the owner gets meaningful rewards
-Most players won't spend enough time with them to break even, which takes 30-50 hours.

That said I did spend a lot of time last week solo grinding with a Vehicle Delivery warehouse and upgraded cocaine lockup and I liked being able to switch and do a MC sale mission every once in a while, I think I will upgrade the bunker and most of the other MC businesses.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I like taking newbies under my massive wings and letting them rain down hell with whatever toy they want to play with :3:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Got my bunker. Am I just doing a bunch of supply missions to build passive income?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Got my bunker. Am I just doing a bunch of supply missions to build passive income?

Upgrades needed: (eventually)

-Staff for more production and more supply consumption.

-Equipment for less supply consumption.

Once you have these two upgrades, you can buy 1 bar of supplies for $75k. After 2-3 hours of production, you can then sell these solo in a guaranteed 1 vehicle sell mission for $210k. Net profit after sell mission is $135k and it's doable multiple times a day.

EDIT: The reason you should spend the $75k and buy supplies instead of stealing them is because production stops in resupply missions, and some of them (solo) can take 20-30 minutes.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 28, 2019

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Otacon posted:

Upgrades needed: (eventually)

-Staff for more production and more supply consumption.

-Equipment for less supply consumption.

Once you have these two upgrades, you can buy 1 bar of supplies for $75k. After 2-3 hours of production, you can then sell these solo in a guaranteed 1 vehicle sell mission for $210k. Net profit after sell mission is $135k and it's doable multiple times a day.

EDIT: The reason you should spend the $75k and buy supplies instead of stealing them is because production stops in resupply missions, and some of them (solo) can take 20-30 minutes.

Also when you steal supplies you can do that whole mission and only get like 40% of your supply bar filled.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Inspector Hound posted:

Not really passive as you still have to do the work of heading over to your bunker, buying or stealing the supplies, then delivering the finished stock to get the profits. If you're going to sell solo, just make sure the blue stock bar value is at or below 25 units, so the sell mission will only involve one delivery vehicle. Trying to solo a multi-vehicle bunker sale is sometimes do-able, but it all depends on how fast you can backtrack to the active delivery vehicle while the clock is ticking down. A multi-vehicle sale is much easier to do with associates.

If your delivery vehicle is the Dune FAV buggy, don't spam the mines willy-nilly as you'll probably have to drive down those same roads more than once. I didn't follow this advice, and blew myself up as well as a neutral player's supercar. Miraculously, the buggy survived, but I lost a lot of time, got dinged by Mors Mutual, and that random player could have easily hopped onto an Oppressor for payback.

Things get more passive once you integrate your bunker with a nightclub.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

THF13 posted:

That said I did spend a lot of time last week solo grinding with a Vehicle Delivery warehouse and upgraded cocaine lockup and I liked being able to switch and do a MC sale mission every once in a while, I think I will upgrade the bunker and most of the other MC businesses.

Vehicle Warehouse is really good money if you do the trick to only source high end cars and sell in public lobbies instead of a rigged solo lobby.

MC businesses are needed to get nightclub revenue, but you never have to do anything other than the initial setup.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

Vehicle Warehouse is really good money if you do the trick to only source high end cars and sell in public lobbies instead of a rigged solo lobby.

MC businesses are needed to get nightclub revenue, but you never have to do anything other than the initial setup.

This is truth. Very very rarely will somone chase down a car delivery.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I've played this game since launch and had a ton of fun without ever spending a dime but oh man I could not imagine getting into this cold.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

Basic idiot question time

What's the trick to only sourcing high end cars

What's the trick to getting a solo session

I can almost afford a nightclub, what part of that an I going to want to focus on to synergize with my bunker, or should I just dump everything into the bunker

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The nightclub makes almost nothing unless you own five businesses and invest millions into it. At which point it still takes hundreds of hours to break even.

Every method of money making is a miserable grind, basically, but I would strongly suggest if you're going to do anything, buy the equipment/staff upgrades for the bunker and focus on that, businesses are next to useless unupgraded.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

The nightclub makes almost nothing unless you own five businesses and invest millions into it. At which point it still takes hundreds of hours to break even.

Every method of money making is a miserable grind, basically, but I would strongly suggest if you're going to do anything, buy the equipment/staff upgrades for the bunker and focus on that, businesses are next to useless unupgraded.

Alright that's actually almost encouraging to hear. Between the vehicle warehouse and the regular warehouse I think I might have the businesses that make the most. I'll improve the bunker a bit and keep headhunting and sightseeing.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

What's the trick to getting a solo session

If you're playing on Windows, bring up the Task Manager's Performance tab, and open up the Resource Monitor (button at the bottom). Then, while in an isolated area (office, garage, warehouse, bunker, anything that's a separate instance in that way), suspend the GTAV process for ~8 seconds then resume it.

Now you're in a solo session.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

Alright that's actually almost encouraging to hear. Between the vehicle warehouse and the regular warehouse I think I might have the businesses that make the most. I'll improve the bunker a bit and keep headhunting and sightseeing.

Where's your bunker located btw? Mine's in paleto and it's a bit of an arse to get stuff down to the city. I think the ones on the western highway in the middle are generally best, but once you buy the upgrades you lose them if you relocate, so if you're planning to do it long term you might want to relocate the bunker before you buy upgrades for it.

Once you have them I think it's the best "buy stuff, process it, then sell it for more" type business at least.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Where's your bunker located btw? Mine's in paleto and it's a bit of an arse to get stuff down to the city. I think the ones on the western highway in the middle are generally best, but once you buy the upgrades you lose them if you relocate, so if you're planning to do it long term you might want to relocate the bunker before you buy upgrades for it.

Once you have them I think it's the best "buy stuff, process it, then sell it for more" type business at least.

The super cheap one was too far, I got the western one you're talking about. Right now 75k in supplies does not seem to yield 75k in profit, so I'll be upgrading

FFT posted:

If you're playing on Windows, bring up the Task Manager's Performance tab, and open up the Resource Monitor (button at the bottom). Then, while in an isolated area (office, garage, warehouse, bunker, anything that's a separate instance in that way), suspend the GTAV process for ~8 seconds then resume it.

Now you're in a solo session.

PS4 :/ I've tried jiggling and then quickly unplugging my Ethernet cable, just kicked me. I'm fairly sure suspending it on the PS4 will also result in a kick

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 31, 2019

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

For PS4, apparently if you set MTU (maximum transmission unit) in your internet settings from 1500 to 800 it'll force solo sessions. Seems you should do it before loading into the game. Set it back to 1500 for other games or if you want to be able to play with other people.

But I just Googled it so ymmv

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
If you are delivering cars from the warehouse to a buyer in a session without other players it will spawn hostile NPCs who will damage your car. I usually just look for a session with only a couple of players and keep an eye on who is killing who. For the most part people don't interfere with buying/selling cars, you'll be delivering supercars only a few miles so it's much harder to gently caress with than an MC delivery garbage truck that has to travel halfway across the map and make 5 stops.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Inspector Hound posted:

What's the trick to only sourcing high end cars

Keep sourcing cars and not selling them until you get 32. Below this number it will not spawn duplicate cars. Now, whenever you sell a car the next car you sell will be the same type as the one you just sold. As long as you have no duplicate cars in your garage and don't exceed 32 total cars in storage then as long as you sell a high end car the next car you source will always be a high end car. You could even sell all your high end cars and if you source new ones they will always be high end replacements.

If you have already hosed that up and have more than 32 cars, or duplicates from when you did then it's still easy to fix. Just sell only any duplicates you have and keep sourcing cars until you have 32 in storage with no duplicates.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

The super cheap one was too far, I got the western one you're talking about. Right now 75k in supplies does not seem to yield 75k in profit, so I'll be upgrading

Bear in mind the value is different from the sale price, you always want to do the long distance sales, and also if you do them in a fuller lobby you get an extra 1% for each player in the lobby.

But yeah buying the things is far less efficient unupgraded. You can double your money pretty easy with the upgrades, but before that it's very marginal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

OwlFancier posted:

Do Bogdan. Grind 1mil every 15 minutes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zesty posted:

Do Bogdan. Grind 1mil every 15 minutes.

Never got the facility so can't comment!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thank you all, you're very helpful. I'm going to reorganize my vehicle warehouse and finally grit my teeth and blow a bunch of money on upgrading my bunker. Happy New Year!

Has anyone found a good use for the little RC tank they gave everyone?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

RC tank is pretty good for being a pain in the rear end. And attracting cops. I went with the flamethrower option, cuz why not? Get up close to someone(or their car) and you can just light em up. It's not very fast and can't do much for customizing(primary color and camo liverys i think?). Like the other RC car it's a good alternative to drop into this if you need to make a quick escape from being hunted or spawnkilled. Your CEO and MC people can see you on the map so thats a little advantage over the RC Bandito

There's no place for it to hang out, like the Bandito has a bench in the arena. I was kinda hoping for that workbench in the arcade garage next to the rollup door, I think it would have fit in lovely with the drone cabinets, vault, cars etc

Also, speaking of the drones... If you buy that upgrade for the arcade you can either launch them by hand or from the arcade. Hand launch has a similar range to the terrorbytes, you get a couple of blocks to play with. You are also just standing in the open world(not sure if your mini-map dot stays or not) so you could be an easy kill if not hidden when you launch. You can also launch them from 4 arcade cabinets in the basement. These have unlimited horizontal range, but still can't go super high, and that appears to be relative to sea level not where you launch from- if you are on top of Chilliad and launch, it will immediately crash out. You are also hidden on the map so you cant be killed. Same functions as the terrrobyte drone- detonate, shock, photo mode. Since there's 4 cabinets, you and 3 friends can use them all at the same time.
If you don't have the drones but want to use them, you can TRY going into someone else's arcade and walking to the basement. There doesn't seem to be any way to lock the door other than setting the entire arcade to private. It might or might not work to go down and use theirs

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
FYI for the vehicle warehouse, the number of cars you have is only relevant as a determination of whether or not you hosed up. You can safely sell High End cars at any time while filling your garage. The game always tries to give you a car that's not already in your garage, so the idea is to have every low end and mid range car so you never get them again. If you happen to get every car, the game will start giving you random duplicates which is bad. There are 10 standard, 10 mid range, and 12 high end cars. So don't exceed 32, but you should be selling them way before that anyway. You only need the 20 crap cars in your garage to make sure you don't get them anymore.

The basic (best) money making loop involves keeping your vehicle warehouse on cooldown. You can only source a car every 5 minutes and sell every 20, so you should sell, source, headhunter, sell, source, headhunter, etc. (Headhunter is one of the missions in the Securoserv CEO menu that you can do in the open world).

If you do the vehicle sell missions in a solo lobby it will spawn 3 waves of NPCs to fight as soon as you leave a certain radius of the garage. You can figure out where this is and just fight them if you want. Leave the car somewhere safe and blow them up. There's no way to do this without wasting like 2-3 minutes. You can buy a Cargobob to just lift and fly the cars on the source and sell missions, bypassing most of this drudgery but really it's hard to say if this even saves time. Best option is to just make a solo lobby and invite a friend but leave them out of your org.

During the vehicle sell loop, check on your bunker every once in a while to buy supplies and sell stock. If you're solo, just buy supplies once and let the bunker produce everything it can from that and then sell. Any more than that and you might get a sell mission you cannot complete solo.

75k in supplies should turn into something near 200k if you sell in the city. Each car sold is 80k if you do it perfectly and headhunter is worth 20k. If you stick to the loop you'll make like 400k/hr.

Most of the other money making ventures are traps, and the Nightclub is just a way to convert those awful things into a second bunker.

Hangar Missions take forever and pay poorly. They're barely worth it during a double payout event. Don't even buy a hangar unless/until you want to buy a plane/helicopter. Buy one of the ones at the military base so you can freely walk/fly in there. Do the missions for the trade price discounts and quit.

Motorcycle Clubs let you waste tons of money setting up a bunch of drug and contraband businesses that function similarly to Bunkers but worse. Most of the missions will have you driving lovely vans across the desert. Requires constant babysitting that you won't have time for while selling cars or maybe having fun.

The Facility gives you access to the second set of Heists which pay better than the first set and are generally just more fun to do. Otherwise it's just a garage with an orbital cannon, really.

Night Club let's you earn passive income for every MC business you own and have set up (and also the Bunker and Hangar) but setting up a Nightclub is expensive and setting up the MC businesses just to use with the thing is a huge investment.

The Arcade gives you the new heist which is honestly pretty decent money and is completely doable with only two people. There are a bunch of setups but they go quickly. If you buy enough arcade machines to fill your arcade (expensive) it also passively makes $5k/in game day which is pocket change. Yay. You can also put a very expensive command center in that let's you manage your bunker and other businesses all in one place.

That's been my experience with everything so far. Earning money legit in this game will make you ponder how a finite mortal life can also feel eternal and endless, stretching to both infinity and, ultimately, nothing.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I asked this in the other thread in PGS, but I don't know how much it's used anymore, so I figure I better ask here:
Is there a goon-run or goon-favorite FiveM server?
It seems like the mod is really good nowadays, but it also seems like every server is some SERIOUS RP!!!111oneoneone where you will get banned for the prime sin of not having a microphone to hotmic-mouthbreathe into, like every other person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The one shining grace of the Nightclub with MC businesses - if you only want to use them for Nightclub producing and don't ever want to bother with the lousy MC sales, you don't need to upgrade your MC businesses. One stock MC business will produce as much Nightclub income as a fully upgraded business.

D. Ebdrup posted:

I asked this in the other thread in PGS, but I don't know how much it's used anymore, so I figure I better ask here:
Is there a goon-run or goon-favorite FiveM server?
It seems like the mod is really good nowadays, but it also seems like every server is some SERIOUS RP!!!111oneoneone where you will get banned for the prime sin of not having a microphone to hotmic-mouthbreathe into, like every other person.

Not that I know of!