Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Manish really thinks he's in like a WWE style promo-off with the people he's covering.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I haven't read the Daily News in 20 years, but I could have sworn the News used to have a really good Jets writer? Manish is so bad, not only that but he seems like a perfect guy to be writing in the Post next to the adult dancer ads.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

I haven't read the Daily News in 20 years, but I could have sworn the News used to have a really good Jets writer? Manish is so bad, not only that but he seems like a perfect guy to be writing in the Post next to the adult dancer ads.

Cimini used to write for the News before he went to ESPN.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Cimini used to write for the News before he went to ESPN.

Cimini strikes me as someone who takes himself and his job very (maybe overly) seriously. I'm not his biggest fan but he seems like a pretty straight shooter, which is all I really want a beat writer to be.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Cimini strikes me as someone who takes himself and his job very (maybe overly) seriously. I'm not his biggest fan but he seems like a pretty straight shooter, which is all I really want a beat writer to be.

The entire beat has been way too easy on Gase. Cimini included.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I’m shocked about that Chad O’Shea firing

What in the world...

tarbrush posted:

A guy on twitter thinks they want to give it to Jim Caldwell now he's over his heart? cancer? thing.

We had to keep QB coach Schlupinski as it turns out some coach was going to poach him

Apparently they recognized O Shea as a wr guru but poor OC. Personally I’m shocked

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. Otoh, both the o line and running game were trash fires all year and only really Jesse Davis and Patrick Laird improved from those groups.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mcmagic posted:

The entire beat has been way too easy on Gase. Cimini included.

Hiring Gase was a classic example of doing something so blatantly dumb that it makes people doubt their own grip on reality and start trying to rationalize it at least a little bit, rather than just accept it at face value (loving stupid.)

*Gase hired*
WHAT
Maybe I'm missing something...?
:thunk:
:itwaspoo:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1211981315970674688?s=20

what the hell??

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Say what now?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m just waiting for the Fitzmagic 3 year contract announcement.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I think Chan Gailey can still be a good OC.

For whatever reason I still remember the press conference after he got fired as the Bills HC was just heartbreaking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol I'll never stop loving this division

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo Chan!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The best part of Chan is that he literally doesn’t use tight ends so if you’re holding Gisecki stock you might as well dump it.

Fitz and Chan are made for one another though.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Diva Cupcake posted:

The best part of Chan is that he literally doesn’t use tight ends so if you’re holding Gisecki stock you might as well dump it.

Gisecki is a modified wideout anyway.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm legitimately concerned we are about to build around Fitzmagic.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike Gesicki essentially a WR. He was detached from the formation like 75% of his snaps this year.

I've been talking a bunch about why more teams didn't use more four WR packages in the modern NFL and they got the guy whose gonna do it lol

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pasaluki posted:

I think Chan Gailey can still be a good OC.

For whatever reason I still remember the press conference after he got fired as the Bills HC was just heartbreaking.

in 2016 the jets offense was either last or second to last in most major categories with gailey running the show

not that they were some wellspring of talent or anything but yikes

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's very funny to me that in all the moving around Fitz has done he's worked with Gailey so much now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Declan MacManus posted:

in 2016 the jets offense was either last or second to last in most major categories with gailey running the show

not that they were some wellspring of talent or anything but yikes

yeah but you have to remember they were stuck with *checks notes* Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB

.......oh

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You can only ride the Fitz/Chan train for one year before it all goes horribly wrong. That one season could be magical though.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
With all the talk about trying to keep Schuplinski and prevent him from getting poached by Josh McDaniels, I wonder if they aren't kind of offering him an apprenticeship of sorts to retain him. Let him learn from Gailey with the heir apparent to the full job, where McDaniels would still essentially be offensive coordinator even if he held the title.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

With all the talk about trying to keep Schuplinski and prevent him from getting poached by Josh McDaniels, I wonder if they aren't kind of offering him an apprenticeship of sorts to retain him. Let him learn from Gailey with the heir apparent to the full job, where McDaniels would still essentially be offensive coordinator even if he held the title.

your optimistic outlook never ceases to amaze me

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Haha, I only heard about the burner account yesterday, this is the best twist.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That Which Squeaks posted:

Haha, I only heard about the burner account yesterday, this is the best twist.

Manish is a dope, but I really don't think that he was running the alleged burner account.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

Manish is a dope, but I really don't think that he was running the alleged burner account.

I hope no one is that stupid. But I know better.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Maybe it was someone attempting to frame Manish as trying to create a burner account for Gase. Maybe it was Gase framing him! We're thru the looking glass here people!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Here is a twitter thread with a theory on the Chan Gailey hiring.

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1212015476651548672

:shrug:

Nov 6, 2002

What I remember most about Chan Gailey is that he had hair like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Dolphins aren't fools gold'ing a 5-11 season are they?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wish that movie was better. I love like 25% of the movie.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My prediction: Ryan Fitzpatrick is unable to sustain his high level of play through the duration of a second season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ehud posted:

I wish that movie was better. I love like 25% of the movie.

That was a REALLY good bad movie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

The Dolphins aren't fools gold'ing a 5-11 season are they?

The big brained speculation is that he's being hired for two reasons:

- Fitzmagic now

- a QB we draft that has a skill set that works in the spread/mobile QB offense that Gailey runs (Jordan Love?)

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

My prediction: Ryan Fitzpatrick is unable to sustain his high level of play through the duration of a second season.

Bold.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

fsif posted:

Really going out on a limb there, aren't you?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

People tell me to tone down my takes, but I don't know any other way.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
He's very streaky but that stretch he had for awhile with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson where the team had barely any talent and no offensive line was great.
The playcalling was genuinely so unpredictable that nobody had any idea what the Bills were doing. Gailey is a high variance offensive mind and Fitzpatrick is a high variance QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

pasaluki posted:

He's very streaky but that stretch he had for awhile with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson where the team had barely any talent and no offensive line was great.
The playcalling was genuinely so unpredictable that nobody had any idea what the Bills were doing. Gailey is a high variance offensive mind and Fitzpatrick is a high variance QB.

What the heck happened to Stevie Johnson, anyway?