Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Digging these new takes on a Christmas Carol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I mean it is canon that Goofy busted inside a woman at least once since he has a family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_xyGrOmhXg

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Milo and POTUS posted:

Didn't someone read it out loud in goofy voice

Well of course they have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7X3Q-mTluM

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Goofy sired a child by complete slapstick. He spent ten straight minutes slipping on a series of banana peels and balancing absurd piles of clattering dishes and going in and out of opposite-side-of-the-store changing rooms suddenly wearing completely different costumes and seasonal attire. When he climaxed he did the same goofy yell as when he fell off mount Kilimanjaro. As he slides out of the hospital, backwards, a nurse hands him a baby and he never learns why but he raises him as his own. I don't understand how you can know the character of Goofy and not come to the sad conclusion that max was a literal accident.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I always figured he was adopted since sex doesn't exist in Disney but orphans are like the most common type of child

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's canon now that Huey, Dewey and Louie have a mother. She buggered off into space when they were eggs and left a grief stricken Donald to raise them alone.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
How is goofy a dog if pluto is also a dog

Is Max less of a dog-person and more of a dog-dog because he has the ultimate pet dog name

Did goofy name him this on purpose

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's canon now that Huey, Dewey and Louie have a mother.

It... always was, though :confused:

e: Also Grandma brought up Donald at the farm, with her brother Scrooge also being involved (I guess because her husband had already passed):

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Dec 31, 2019

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's canon now that Huey, Dewey and Louie have a mother. She buggered off into space when they were eggs and left a grief stricken Donald to raise them alone.

She sent they boys to be taken care by their uncle because their father had an accident and needed peace and quiet.

Also, in Rosa-Barks canon we also get to meet Donald's father and mother, who by the way was also Scrooge's sister, and parents of several of the other main characters. Its only the Disney USA, which has that "no direct offspring"-policy because Disney EU sure as poo poo is not afraid of showing someone being someones child, or showing someone visiting their parent's gravesite. Donald's mom for example, is buried at the family graveyard at the Scottish McDuck estate.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

They made comics based on the old Duck Tales cartoon?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

They made comics based on the old Duck Tales cartoon?

There is no "old Duck Tales cartoon" so... no? There's a 90s Duck Tales cartoon and yeah that had tie-in stories in print. I think I have one or two albums.

What does that have to do with the preceding posts :confused:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There is also a modern duck tales cartoon, so I'm guessing 'old duck tales cartoon' is to distinguish it from the new one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agent355 posted:

There is also a modern duck tales cartoon, so I'm guessing 'old duck tales cartoon' is to distinguish it from the new one.

Buh buh but the 90s were only like five years ago they can't be old :corsair:

Anyway the boys having a mother who hecked off is old-old canon from the Taliaferro (I think) newspaper strips. Maybe from a cartoon animation as well?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jerry Cotton posted:

There is no "old Duck Tales cartoon" so... no? There's a 90s Duck Tales cartoon

Yeah, the old Duck Tales cartoon

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Buh buh but the 90s were only like five years ago they can't be old :corsair:

Anyway the boys having a mother who hecked off is old-old canon from the Taliaferro (I think) newspaper strips. Maybe from a cartoon animation as well?

Yeah, I was referring to the very first appearance of they boys, from the daily newspaper cartoon from 30's or so. I sort of remember that they also showed that the father was on full-body cast so he needed constant care and their mother never bothered to pick them up from Donald.

Rosa-Barks draws a sort of blank there; I understood that how boys got to live with Donald was one of the only things Don Rosa was not allowed to re-imagine into a sane family tree and history when he wrote the Life and Times magnum opus along with his other works to combining his and Carl Barks's works into one mostly coherent continuum. But the boys *were* given a mother who was Donald's sister and "a duckperson" who was their father. On the family tree illustration there is a turkey sitting in front of most of the picture obfuscating the name and the face.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Der Kyhe posted:

She sent they boys to be taken care by their uncle because their father had an accident and needed peace and quiet.

Also, in Rosa-Barks canon we also get to meet Donald's father and mother, who by the way was also Scrooge's sister, and parents of several of the other main characters. Its only the Disney USA, which has that "no direct offspring"-policy because Disney EU sure as poo poo is not afraid of showing someone being someones child, or showing someone visiting their parent's gravesite. Donald's mom for example, is buried at the family graveyard at the Scottish McDuck estate.

Ah yes, the Duck family tree: https://scrooge-mcduck.fandom.com/wiki/Don_Rosa%27s_Duck_Family_Tree?file=Donald_Duck_Family_Tree.jpg

Although the version I had as a kid didn’t have the friends of the family bit.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I might be imagining things but I am almost certain that what was published in the Finnish weekly magazine first time around was the one without Ludwig and with the bird-obfuscated image, but I have seen also that version with Ludwig added as a brother-in-law for Scrooge and that no-name version of the boys father with a buzz cut. Basically combining the second and third ones.

But the original tree came in blank, and you collected stickers which you would add to the tree throughout a year to make it complete, from the issues where new Don Rosa stories were published.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
And now Disney is definitely less averse to the whole parents and murder thing. Disney Jr, home of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and generally intended for preschoolers, has a show that starts with the parents of the main character being straight up murdered in front of her. And she tries to murder the murderer of her parents. Like, not even in a hidden or interpretal way. Just violently kill.

(Elena of Avalor)

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HPanda posted:

And now Disney is definitely less averse to the whole parents and murder thing. Disney Jr, home of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and generally intended for preschoolers, has a show that starts with the parents of the main character being straight up murdered in front of her. And she tries to murder the murderer of her parents. Like, not even in a hidden or interpretal way. Just violently kill.

(Elena of Avalor)

I didn't know who she was when we did a meet and greet with my niece at wdw last week, but of the princesses she definitely seemed ready to shank a bitch.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you want a good time sing the Duck Tales tune to one of the older Scrooge McDuck comic creators. They love it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

If you want a good time sing the Duck Tales tune to one of the older Scrooge McDuck comic creators. They love it.

I'll be sure to do so if I ever meet Romano Scarpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbRAKluqkY

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah, I was a Don Rosa fan until I saw how he treats people in person. gently caress that guy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What'd he do except put up a very reasonable sign?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

While intellectually I know that Europeans have as much nostalgia for DuckTales comics as I have for, say, Calvin and Hobbes, every time it get brought up I can't help but think "DuckTales? Really?"

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Jerry Cotton posted:

What'd he do except put up a very reasonable sign?

Being lovely to a young kid about it, mostly.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moon Slayer posted:

While intellectually I know that Europeans have as much nostalgia for DuckTales comics as I have for, say, Calvin and Hobbes, every time it get brought up I can't help but think "DuckTales? Really?"

What? Is that a :troll:?

I guess it worked.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
especially since Disney has the blandest, most white-bread cartoon characters possible

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Krinkle posted:

Goofy sired a child by complete slapstick. He spent ten straight minutes slipping on a series of banana peels and balancing absurd piles of clattering dishes and going in and out of opposite-side-of-the-store changing rooms suddenly wearing completely different costumes and seasonal attire. When he climaxed he did the same goofy yell as when he fell off mount Kilimanjaro. As he slides out of the hospital, backwards, a nurse hands him a baby and he never learns why but he raises him as his own. I don't understand how you can know the character of Goofy and not come to the sad conclusion that max was a literal accident.

Mad respect for this post

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Krinkle posted:

:hmbol:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

when they were eggs

I know they're duck-people, but the idea that they hatch out of eggs is loving bizarre to me for some reason.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I know they're duck-people, but the idea that they hatch out of eggs is loving bizarre to me for some reason.

could be platypus

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Yeah, I was a Don Rosa fan until I saw how he treats people in person. gently caress that guy.

That makes me like him more, gently caress da fans.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

could be platypus

P- uhh Ponald Platypus orginal character donut steal!

e: Buy the next spectacular issue to meet his nepheggs Pewey, Pewey, and Pouie.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Aku is dead.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Krinkle posted:

brilliant

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Don Rosa can do whatever he wants - the man is a hands-down master of comic art.

Here's his essay about ending his career and it's a good read if you care about this sort of thing.

eta:

quote:

And again, as a fan myself, I certainly could not allow myself to simply ignore the loads of fanmail as I am told the more sane authors or artists can do. So I always answered 100% of my fanmail myself with personal replies. I would send free drawings if the fan requested one, and I would only hope that the fan would not request a full-color drawing, because then I would send a full-color drawing. I was taking perhaps a day off per week, or a week off between story projects, just to answer fanmail. Any of you who wrote to me in those days can attest to the truth of this.

I mean that's a mensch, right there.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Paladinus posted:

Aku is dead.

For years now. RIP General Iroh.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

Don Rosa can do whatever he wants - the man is a hands-down master of comic art.

Here's his essay about ending his career and it's a good read if you care about this sort of thing.

eta:

I mean that's a mensch, right there.

Never heard of him.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So I'm assuming this is "there are trains in Red Dead Redemption and Katie Tiedrich doesn't know that transporting horses on trains was extremely common but they did not in fact sit in passenger cars.comic.pcx"?