Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

codo27 posted:

Call me a sadistic gently caress, but I'm so disappointed I couldn't kill the butchers family. Fucker killed that kid earlier, wanted to give him a taste before I carved him up

imagine
• feeling this way
• feeling this way about a video game
• feeling this way about a video game and then posting about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

imagine
• feeling this way

OK go on

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Taintrunner posted:

I maxed out the back half of my battle pass for like 40 bucks

why I did this to myself I don't know

The skin that you get at the last battle pass tier is cool AF but I know I'll never get it without spending more :10bux: :negative:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

porktree posted:

I think it does, I got two finishing moves on shipment without any animation; unlocking one of the operator challenges.

edit: also whats up with the recon drone; I've marked tons of dudes and the ribbon hasn't completed. Is there something beyond marking them that must be done?

If it’s anything like other recon drone challenges, each player only counts once per round.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Aphrodite posted:

If it’s anything like other recon drone challenges, each player only counts once per round.

After two rounds marking enemies, I'm sitting at a respectable 0/50, so I'm pretty sure it's just bugged.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I maxed out the back half of my battle pass for like 40 bucks

why I did this to myself I don't know

Lol, well, I guess if people like you keep doing that the rest of us will get free content forever so god bless.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

imagine
• feeling this way

Didn't we have this exact conversation in the discord? I mentioned you can't kill his family and Gary and Noodle (maybe?) also said they tried.

Imagine feeling this way
Imagine feeling this way about a something awful post.
Imagine feeling this way about a something awful post and then posting about it!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ooof

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The video game family I want to kill the most is the Donkey Kongs.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

codo27 posted:

Call me a sadistic gently caress, but I'm so disappointed I couldn't kill the butchers family. Fucker killed that kid earlier, wanted to give him a taste before I carved him up

:yikes:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

Accidentally grenading a baby during the house mission made me feel bad and you should feel bad too.

I did shoot the fucker in the knee tho cause he killed that kid.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I know it's pretty much a worse mp7 but I find the P90 to be a real fun gun to use.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

veni veni veni posted:

The video game family I want to kill the most is the Donkey Kongs.

They Diddy nothing wrong.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i did a lot of bad things in The Sims, on the topic of video game families

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How do you do the kill the enemy with their own weapon challenge?

Is "the enemy" the entire team or the specific guy whose gun you picked up?

Do you have to kill him yourself or can someone else kill them then you pick up their gun and kill them again?

I feel like I've done all of those at least once but havent gotten any credit for it yet.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got assblasted by aimbotcalvin today I’m groundwar

I remember him dunking on me in overwatch, but to get dunked on in a completely different game was very sobering

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

How do you do the kill the enemy with their own weapon challenge?

Is "the enemy" the entire team or the specific guy whose gun you picked up?

Do you have to kill him yourself or can someone else kill them then you pick up their gun and kill them again?

I feel like I've done all of those at least once but havent gotten any credit for it yet.

You have to pick up the gun that someone dropped then kill that same person with that same gun. You get extra XP for it when it happens so it's pretty noticeable.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you wanna really be a dick grab a shield guy's shield and go have a shield war against him with his own shield, he'll be easy to single out if he's put camo on it.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Shima Honnou posted:

If you wanna really be a dick grab a shield guy's shield and go have a shield war against him with his own shield, he'll be easy to single out if he's put camo on it.

This is the one downside of golden shield (apart from people knowing you are a monster) - you can't blend in and hide as effectively as with a normal one. Surprising amounts of people won't notice a nice dark camo shield crammed into a corner on site, waiting, watching...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

some of us just like being watched by a man in a dark corner

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Ooft trying to get back into this game after two weeks away over christmas by jumping into a shipment match (having not played it before) was loving brutal

Also this is just me being away from my tv setup but gently caress I felt sick after playing for a couple of rounds, the whole screen fills my fov and charging around and spinning around corners made me feel like I was gonna fall off the sofa

I'll have to ease myself in with some more relaxed game modes

Also what build do I need to run to do anything remotely effective in shipment

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

imagine
• feeling this way

You do know there are tons of video games that let you play as the bad guy and some of them even let you indiscriminately murder women and children, right? Trying to put your moral slant on video games as a medium and then posting about it is pretty silly.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Manxome Foe posted:

You do know there are tons of video games that let you play as the bad guy and some of them even let you indiscriminately murder women and children, right? Trying to put your moral slant on video games as a medium and then posting about it is pretty silly.

I think being mad that a game doesn’t let you indiscriminately murder women and children is a little more nuanced than that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How do I link a thread to the FBI?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

colachute posted:

I think being mad that a game doesn’t let you indiscriminately murder women and children is a little more nuanced than that.

The part that's :stare: is that it's not indiscriminate, it's targeted to make a video game character they don't like feel pain.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Butterfly Valley posted:

Also what build do I need to run to do anything remotely effective in shipment
Something with a large magazine. Spawn, and hold down the trigger. You'll die before you need to reload, but you'll also probably kill 3-4 people first.

Lost a TDM game yesterday on HC Shipment, I had 28 kills and the rest of my team had low single digits. Like, how do you only get 3 kills on Shipment? Go afk? Have flippers instead of hands? Let the dog play?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have always been bummed there weren’t any kids or babies in the no Russian part of the game. It would have really hit home.

Probably something this guy posted in another COD thread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Romes128 posted:

Accidentally grenading a baby during the house mission made me feel bad and you should feel bad too.

I failed that part on my first try because I flashbanged the room and I guess that technically does damage. I might have beaned the kid with it but I’m not sure.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Lemon-Lime posted:

You have to pick up the gun that someone dropped then kill that same person with that same gun. You get extra XP for it when it happens so it's pretty noticeable.

Does it also work if you copy their loadout after they kill you?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

Like, how do you only get 3 kills on Shipment? Go afk? Have flippers instead of hands? Let the dog play?

It's entirely possible to spend an entire round of shipment spawning and instantly dying

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Like, how do you only get 3 kills on Shipment? Go afk? Have flippers instead of hands? Let the dog play?

Have you not noticed how hosed the spawns are?

Probably one of the worst renditions of Shipment thus far. Either you get straight hosed or super lucky and get like 70 kills.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hardcore shipment + high alert + camp a corner

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Something with a large magazine. Spawn, and hold down the trigger. You'll die before you need to reload, but you'll also probably kill 3-4 people first.

Lost a TDM game yesterday on HC Shipment, I had 28 kills and the rest of my team had low single digits. Like, how do you only get 3 kills on Shipment? Go afk? Have flippers instead of hands? Let the dog play?

A bottle of scotch a couple of bongs and a few oxys will make that happen. Not that I know from personal experience of anything.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Grind mode is Kill Confirmed but you have to take the tags to a Bank spot on the map to turn them in and get them counted. If you die then the tags you collected pop out and anyone can grab them. Pretty fun.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Does anyone ever get a wheelson then spend its entire deployment time moving towards the sounds of combat and never arriving before every enemy is dead? This is me every time I deploy a wheelson outside of objective modes.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I am going go do soooo many weeds and cods tonight

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Sextro posted:

Does anyone ever get a wheelson then spend its entire deployment time moving towards the sounds of combat and never arriving before every enemy is dead? This is me every time I deploy a wheelson outside of objective modes.

Ditch the wheelson, use the vtol

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Clavavisage posted:

Ditch the wheelson, use the vtol

Idk I find the wheelson to be way better, the vtol is just so easy to shoot down.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Yeah I've ditched the VTOL for the wheelson because I would frequently only get 1-2 kills with it before it got deleted from the sky. At least in my pool of matchmaking everybody shares my hatred for VTOLs. Care Package/Precision Airstrike-Wheelson-Gunship is my rotation now. I only ever get the gunship on hardpoint/headquarters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's entirely possible to spend an entire round of shipment spawning and instantly dying
Hey I've had those games too, but at least managed to get a dozen kills or so. Also they took Shipment away and now it's just Shoothouse 24/7 :(