Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

A pox on any precinct that has a “Panhandler Patrol” that takes things from the homeless instead of helps them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Internet Wizard posted:

A pox on any precinct that has a “Panhandler Patrol” that takes things from the homeless instead of helps them

This is pretty much what America does.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

We deserve anti-vaxers is what I’m saying

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

extremely tone deaf but I also wish people would quit enabling pan handlers and donate their money to charity instead

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have no problem with real panhandlers. My problem is with the ones who do it as a job and rotate spots and kids to go with them with the same people week after week.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I am glad I don't give a gently caress about getting scammed out of pocket change even if they're faking it.

I don't imagine the life of a really successful panhandler scammer is all that glamorous.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Wasabi the J posted:

I am glad I don't give a gently caress about getting scammed out of pocket change even if they're faking it.

I don't imagine the life of a really successful panhandler scammer is all that glamorous.

Yeah, same. If your life sucks so much that you have to sit on a street corner scamming people for change, then you need that dollar more than I do.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

I have no problem with real panhandlers. My problem is with the ones who do it as a job and rotate spots and kids to go with them with the same people week after week.

My problem is with our broken society that forces people to stand on the corner in the snow with their children begging for money instead of being able to guarantee the members of our society a roof over their heads and a bowl of oatmeal or something.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Deathy McDeath posted:

Yeah, same. If your life sucks so much that you have to sit on a street corner scamming people for change, then you need that dollar more than I do.

Yeah, I get that but it's a hassle when you're getting followed by people asking you for money through your neighborhood on the daily. Please tax me more and get people stable housing and the healthcare/social services they need to not be homeless and have a decent quality of life.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

We should get rid of homeless people

Yes lets give them food and housing so that no one in our society can become so destitute that they can not realistically participate in it

no i mean kill them

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Flying_Crab posted:

Yeah, I get that but it's a hassle when you're getting followed by people asking you for money through your neighborhood on the daily. Please tax me more and get people stable housing and the healthcare/social services they need to not be homeless and have a decent quality of life.

But, but, but The Free Market! The Invisible Hand will make sure the people give to charities to handle this issue.

Narrator voice: It did not.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I worked in one of the best, most well-funded shelters in the state. I made it 90 days before tapping out and selling my soul back to the MIC.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Homelessness is such a gordian knot of everyrhing that is hosed up with American-style capitalism and wraps in basically everything that is poo poo about today. For a country that loves to talk about how much we love Jesus, we sure do treat him like poo poo through the least among us.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
:staredog:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cursed

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The utter lack of self-awareness is loving astounding.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

stealie72 posted:

But, but, but The Free Market! The Invisible Hand will make sure the people give to charities to handle this issue.

Narrator voice: It did not.

It’s because taxes are placing an unjust burden on the highest earners, they’re unable to afford charity. If we reduced taxes on the billionaires they’d be able to help more people

-something one of my roommates at DLI actually said to me during the tax cut proceedings

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

It’s because taxes are placing an unjust burden on the highest earners, they’re unable to afford charity. If we reduced taxes on the billionaires they’d be able to help more people

-something one of my roommates at DLI actually said to me during the tax cut proceedings

lol

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

A Bad Poster posted:

He's actually pulled a pisspig grandad and is fighting with the Kurds.

A movie about pisspig granddad would own, as long as it was obscure/sly enough to be as misinterpreted as Starship Troopers

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

I love General Sherman almost as much as I hate Confederate sympathizers and apologizers. Rebel shits got what they deserved, traitorous fucks.

Eulogistics fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 1, 2020

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

egyptian rat race posted:

A movie about pisspig granddad would own, as long as it was obscure/sly enough to be as misinterpreted as Starship Troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSMturJbWGk&t=123s

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Eulogistics posted:

I love General Sherman almost as much as I hate Confederate sympathizers and apologizers. Rebel shits got what they deserved, traitorous fucks.

hes my favorite pyromancer

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
When your holiday is a war crime

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/axcomrade/status/1212606406496415745?s=20

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Context:
https://twitter.com/jeffbezos/status/1193891803721687040?s=21

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Bezos you idiot you gotta train your own goons. All you did was hire a bunch of broken people!!!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

When I was at Wounded Warrior Battalion there was a group of people getting processed out who got to go and visit a distro center and had access to some fast-track career pipelines within amazon. Pretty nice program to help some seriously hurt people get their lives sorted during their transition out, even if it is for Amazon.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

When I was at Wounded Warrior Battalion there was a group of people getting processed out who got to go and visit a distro center and had access to some fast-track career pipelines within amazon. Pretty nice program to help some seriously hurt people get their lives sorted during their transition out, even if it is for Amazon.

Easy to not give bathroom breaks with you're hiring people who need catheters

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

So in the amazon logo, the arrow points from a to z, indicating that Amazon carries a wide variety of products ("everything from a to z"). In this picture, the arrow seems to point from m to a...military to amazon, I'm guessing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't think it's trying to convey a message, just proving that enlisted folk like shiny things.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A veteran will code long and hard for a shiny coin.

-Jeff bezos

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Mouth to rear end

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Eulogistics posted:

So in the amazon logo, the arrow points from a to z, indicating that Amazon carries a wide variety of products ("everything from a to z"). In this picture, the arrow seems to point from m to a...military to amazon, I'm guessing?

That's kinda clever actually, seems entirely possible that they did that on purpose.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I had assumed that Amazon was just shamelessly jumping on the challenge coin bandwagon. It's good to see that they are helping with the transition to civilian life. Even if they are a ghoulish company otherwise.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjMPJVmXxV8

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Leftists eat their own. RIP contrapoints.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MRC48B posted:

Leftists eat their own. RIP contrapoints.

TBF, she aligned herself with some very transphobic people and she handled the criticism extremely poorly,

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/Chasedogman/status/1212975935403810816?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011