Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Not only the classified image tweet, but the back-tracing to the exact satellite that took it (and people deducing it’s previously classified capabilities).

:smithicide:

e: I missed the nice page :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if you wouldn't strap the gently caress up immediately to be john brown's 20th troop to take harpers ferry you have no loving right running for president

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This is the newsiest news of 2019.

https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1139178109427757056?s=20

No matter how dark things may get, there is still good out there.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

2019 is an all consuming news vortex I don't want to reread any of it TIA

I got bad news for you if you think 2020 will be better

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hope for 2020: I WANT NOTHING I WANT NOTHING

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Posting from 2020 to say many cool dogs have visited, it ain't so bad

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Brute Squad posted:

i think somebody always wins it

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Brute Squad posted:

This was good. The amount of uncensored cursing was also good. Brett Hull being the drunkest man alive was worth it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:rip: the 2010s, you started off pretty well and ended up abysmally

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EBB posted:

hope for 2020: I WANT NOTHING I WANT NOTHING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRcYrZsOqs

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A Bad Poster posted:

This was good. The amount of uncensored cursing was also good. Brett Hull being the drunkest man alive was worth it.

Drunk Brett Hull is my spirit animal.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

2019 is an all consuming news vortex I don't want to reread any of it TIA

It's Dec 31st, you're not really in advance of much of 2019 anymore.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1211890212533678080?s=21

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

gently caress that's depressing

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1212128400812449793?s=20 NK detonating a thermonuclear device w/ a credible delivery system would be the most 2019 way to start 2020 and the next decade. This world just makes me want to crawl in a hole.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kim's a pussy and won't use it, because if he does, he gets to watch his country burn in a nuclear fire too.

Demonstrate, sure, but use offensively? Nah. We can just send Rodman over to hold the button over Kims' head and play keep away.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Kim's a pussy and won't use it, because if he does, he gets to watch his country burn in a nuclear fire too.

Demonstrate, sure, but use offensively? Nah. We can just send Rodman over to hold the button over Kims' head and play keep away.
But Donnie is an even bigger pussy.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

FOBS with a orbit over NYC for new years. Go big or go home Kim.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If his delivery system can hit mar-a-lago I will be ok with this.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The really sad thing is that if/when $15 gets implemented, it's still not going to be enough. By now it should be at least $20.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

But Donnie is an even bigger pussy.

Donnie is a giant pussy, among the yugest of yeast infected damp cavities.

But he does like doing poo poo to piss people off, probably more than Kim. Remember when he told Russia to get their poo poo off that Syrian air base before flopping cruise missiles into the runways? Just stuck his dick deep into the hornets' nest. Not only is Donnie a big telegraphing pussy, but he's the dumbest one we've had yet.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh dear, this is awkward. From a Fox affiliate!

https://fox4kc.com/2019/12/30/kansas-officer-resigns-after-making-up-coffee-cup-incident-police-chief-says/

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fox affiliates are not the same as Fox News

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

"But you're not supposed to live on a minimum wage, it's just for teenagers first jobs!!!"

My dad has literally said this to me before and he's a retired COL with 2 masters degrees.

The conservative propaganda machine is loving insane.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Once upon a time, someone was too mean to Richard Nixon, and then 50 years later...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fister Roboto posted:

The really sad thing is that if/when $15 gets implemented, it's still not going to be enough. By now it should be at least $20.

To match minimum wage's peak buying power (1968) would be $11 now.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

MRC48B posted:

Once upon a time, someone was too mean to Richard Nixon, and then 50 years later...

You can actually do a head-to-head between Obama and Nixon and find that Obama really isn't much better. Nixon gets lots of points for the EPA, actually leaving Vietnam, and his position on healthcare. Obama loses heavily on bank bailouts, domestic surveillance, and the Afghan papers.

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 1, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Suicide Watch posted:

You can actually do a head-to-head between Obama and Nixon and find that Obama really isn't much better. Nixon gets lots of points for the EPA, actually leaving Vietnam, and his position on healthcare. Obama loses heavily on bank bailouts, domestic surveillance, and the Afghan papers.

Both of them have probably used the n word as well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

McNally posted:

Fox affiliates are not the same as Fox News

This doesn't seem to have held up now that local stations are getting marching orders from the GOP. I think Sinclair even owns some of the Fox local stations

They may not have the same management but they are part of the propaganda engine

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 1, 2020

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bailing out the banks sucked but I think the fallout of letting banks fail would’ve sucked a lot more.

Where we hosed up is not breaking up the big banks immediately after they got bailed out.

At least that would’ve been a more fair trade for what we got instead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah that kind of bailout should come with like.... idk, partial state control or something

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The banks should have been allowed to fail and home owners bailed out

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Worse! IIRC the government basically bought up useless stock with no shareholder control from the banks. As the banks got back on their feet they got their lovely useless stock back as they repaid TARP funds.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The banks should have been allowed to fail and home owners bailed out

Banks don’t just buy home loans. It would’ve had a ripple effect that would’ve affected way more people than home owners. For example, almost every type of insurance policy would’ve been heavily affected.

It was a poo poo sandwich and there was no optimal solution, but letting banks outright fail given how widespread their assets are would’ve been way more disastrous.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Banks fail, occupants of homes take possession because bank can't be bothered to stay in business and take mortgage payments, mortgage payments now shift to SUV purchases and consumer goods.

I see no problem with letting a bank fail, just let the families that hold mortgages under them take the home in concession for the bank being a bunch of dumb fucks with money. The government would gently caress it up though, by taxing the dismissed value of the mortgage as income.

Imagine what people would buy if their mortgage just disappeared one day. All that junk. That would sustain the economy alone.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

colachute posted:

Bailing out the banks sucked but I think the fallout of letting banks fail would’ve sucked a lot more.

Where we hosed up is not breaking up the big banks immediately after they got bailed out.

At least that would’ve been a more fair trade for what we got instead.

Yeah, as well as not addressing the fact that our economy depends on keeping housing prices high

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Banks fail, occupants of homes take possession because bank can't be bothered to stay in business and take mortgage payments, mortgage payments now shift to SUV purchases and consumer goods.

I see no problem with letting a bank fail, just let the families that hold mortgages under them take the home in concession for the bank being a bunch of dumb fucks with money. The government would gently caress it up though, by taxing the dismissed value of the mortgage as income.

AIG would have failed. They’re one of the largest providers of every kind of insurance you can imagine.

Suddenly you millions of people people who had nothing to do with the housing market without health insurance, life insurance, homeowners insurance, etc etc etc.

You also have a lot of people getting laid off because the banks aren’t in service anymore, drastically increasing unemployment. I’m not talking executives, I’m talking lower level people.

Banks stop loaning to each other. If that stops then our entire economy will come to a screeching halt.

The reasons the banks committed fraud is because they knew they could get away with it because they are 100% “too big to fail.” “Big” doesn’t mean power, “big” means so entrenched in our economy that if they fail, the economy fails.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They already have stopped lending to each other, that's why the repo operations are ongoing since like, October.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
a BDE from the 82nd deploying to Kuwait due to the events at the embassy in Baghdad. Happy New year's fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Suicide Watch posted:

Nixon was a paranoid creep who sabotaged Vietnam peace talks to help his candidacy resulting in tens of thousands of American and over a MILLION Vietnamese dead. The only point he should have gotten for Vietnam was the point of an impalement spike in his colon.
Any policy you want to give him credit for, remember he was facing massive Democratic supermajorities.
gently caress Nixon in hell forever.