Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

this was worth all the kickstarter money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if i see you out there in the somethingawful.com wilds, i won't hesitate to cutyou down if i even SUSPECT you endanger my thread or posts.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Whoa, I haven't seen this thread in a hundred pages. Just stopping in to say I can't wait for this to come out!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Modus Pwnens posted:

Whoa, I haven't seen this thread in a hundred pages. Just stopping in to say I can't wait for this to come out!
It came out a few months ago.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm 200 hours in so I can say authoritatively that there is nothing to do, in this game

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
can't believe barkelyte 2 won best vidcon at the vidcon award's

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

How's the game coming Liam?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

the promise has been made

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
game being hosed is non canon

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
feliz navigames, ballers

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Is it coming out this year

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

But it came out last year :confused:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
barkly 2 ; queklan no has bewn made

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I cant find my cyberdwarf dakimakura cover

I know it's in a bag but I don't know where I put that bag and my new dakimakura is coverless

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Lol I just packed my cyberdwarf pillowcase up to get ready to move. It's a nice reminder of when I could afford things.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
the promus has been made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CBwIXnbUuY

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That looks pretty neat

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I appreciate a good obviously-EarthBound-inspired game, I will probably pick that up when it drops

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I appreciate a good obviously-EarthBound-inspired game, I will probably pick that up when it drops

its original title was even Mother 4

e: http://www.mother4game.com/

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

are the mother 3 fan translation guys behind that?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's funny how fast the comedy nosedives after that character creator, I played for a whole 30 mins after that and didn't see another joke'

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I think the general absurdity of the situation was supposed to carry the humor, but the problem was it wasn't particularly absurd for a sci-fi story. I get wanting to take the story and setting a bit more seriously (I don't think you could maintain the general tone of Barkley 1 for the entirety of a full-length RPG and keep players invested while maintaining the quality), but it went too far in that direction - more humor could've been mixed in without losing anything, and there should've been at least some more Barkley 1-esque parts beyond the character creator.

Maybe that all would've come later and the first city was just meant for tone-setting and world-building but we'll never know for sure now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The original game no longer get works on my Mac, and that makes me sad.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The original game no longer get works on my Mac, and that makes me sad.

RIP 32-bit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this is a fyad game, shut it down! shut it all down!!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gently caress off

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's funny how fast the comedy nosedives after that character creator, I played for a whole 30 mins after that and didn't see another joke'

Barkley 2 was like when a gag-a-day webcomic eventually winds up with an epic storyline and big emotional arcs yet all the characters are still one-note goofs based on in jokes and video game jokes. Only instead of something that is earned over a decade of regular updates and shifting sensibilities of the creators and fanbase it all happened at once and also sucked.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Communist Thoughts posted:

That's because the funny guys didn't write 90% of the npc dialogue in the city.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
indie developers should look at this and starbound specifically as examples of what NOT to do/warning signs to get out of your current gig

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Bulgaria police are criminals

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Having player the latter (severely unfinished) parts of the game due to having a kickass dev build :ssh: I can confirm all the dumb rear end stupid funny joke's are after TNN and that, yes, just like in B1 the initial area is meant to set the tone and show the player duergs = bad

Future Days fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 6, 2020

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Wait... all the good jokes are after TNN? Release the dev build

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/Retr0Joe/status/1215631550383034370?s=20

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
rip

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

:eyepop:

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Can i get an a.m.e.n. for this fallen baller clispaeth bless

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The great B-Ball purge has begun.