Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Besesoth: re: Lowtax locking down the forums and janking up your Gaybies search script - it may not be Lowtax's fault. The forums lockdowns may be set on a timer. With the forums the way they are, I'm not sure anyone understands how it works (Lowtax included).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
With recent events and what may come I hope this means Get Your War On starts up again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's kinda disappointing to see Marty Two Bulls jumping on the "reasonable republicans are fed up with Trump" bandwagon.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Alhazred posted:

It's kinda disappointing to see Marty Two Bulls jumping on the "reasonable republicans are fed up with Trump" bandwagon.

While it's a pretty tired cartoon, I think Marty Two Bulls would probably say a "reasonable Republican" is an oxymoron.

I mean, even if it's exhausted by Trump, that elephant does not look like a nice person.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

Every single part of right-wing ideology is built to allow and encourage you to hate every other member human being thing that exists, for various reasons.

Republicans are fed up with Trump but only because Republicans, by design, are simultaneously fed up with every other Republican. There are no alliances in that space, only mutual enemies.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Somfin posted:

Every single part of right-wing ideology is built to allow and encourage you to hate every other member human being thing that exists, for various reasons.

Republicans are fed up with Trump but only because Republicans, by design, are simultaneously fed up with every other Republican. There are no alliances in that space, only mutual enemies.

What do you mean, Operation Condor was defined by such ironclad agreement and absolute trust! Right Wingers stand united in their goal for everyone to be as miserable as they feel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That's gotta be the worst punchline Horsey has done and he is not known for his punchline quality.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Regalingualius posted:

Really, how long has it been since Drunk Duck last posted an original a non-rerun strip?

I believe the last new one was November 23.

The sloppier-than-usual lettering in his November cartoons makes me suspicious that his absence is health-related.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 3, 2020

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Pants Donkey posted:

It took nine years, but Lester finally gives us the squeakquel:

ah yes, all those mass shootings in which people are assembled in a conveniently-tight group in front of the active shooter, waiting for them to take the shot so as to justify retaliatory fire, which, naturally, instantly kills the active shooter due to the lack of any obstruction between the good guy's gun and the bad guy, and also any panic on the good guy's part

and not, say, spread out across the incident grounds in a way that would make trying to aim for and incapacitate the mass shooter with your gun impossible at best and harmful to fellow victims at worst. why, that's almost as unthinkable a notion as someone under direct threat of death not having perfect aim

surely the latter circumstance could never be repeated in a church during service. it's not like people would be sitting in the pews or anything

all sarcasm aside, this is victim-blaming on a level far beyond "well just have a gun and live your entire life in a paranoid fight-or-flight state if you don't wanna die in a shooting, cuck". your loved ones died in a shooting? well clearly they just weren't organized, quick, and calm enough

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wasn't there a shooting a while back where a good guy with a gun got killed by another good guy with a gun?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Welcome to Decision 2060

Ted Rall posted:

Here we are, talking about the horse race in presidential politics. Meanwhile, humanity is headed toward extinction and we arent even discussing it.

Tags: climate crisis, Dead, decision, Demographics, Election, front runners, Global Warming, horse race, human extinction, humanity, I'm a change, Nate silver, panda tree, presidential horse race politics

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gaybies nomination: Worst cartoon about a Man-Made Tragedy
Gaybies nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

(Edit: removed a good one I accidentally added while my brain was in Everything Is Bad gently caress gently caress gently caress mode.)

Capfalcon posted:

While it's a pretty tired cartoon, I think Marty Two Bulls would probably say a "reasonable Republican" is an oxymoron.

I mean, even if it's exhausted by Trump, that elephant does not look like a nice person.

Rant time: the rampant tolerance of horrible, horrible behavior of all kinds has basically broken our brains. Any given depiction of any such people (Trump, the Republican party, the alt-right, etc.) that doesn't completely skewer them could potentially make any of us treat it on the same level as something outright supporting them. Another example is when someone showed consternation when Ruben "Tom the Dancing Bug" Bolling depicted Trump, seeking help from Guiliani, is all innocent and 'aw, shucks' as part of the joke, worried that someone's take-away from it might be that Trump really is innocent. (The sad thing is the alt-right is counting on this, and does everything it can to make it happen, or at least LOOK like it's happening, to make people like us spiral into the kind of single-minded crusading that got Arnie Lerma banned from SA for constantly talking about Scientology).

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 3, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Axe-man posted:

I had forgotten those yeah everyone in Greek myth was a piece of poo poo. Also hera was pissed cause zues banged a gal to get heracles so he would forever be a target of her wrath.

I thought that the reason Athena turned Arachne into a spider was because Arachne wove a bunch of insulting scenes against the gods in the weaving competition and the gods are assholes thing was largely taken from a very few Greek authors.

Edit: Nothing to see here!

DreamingofRoses fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 3, 2020

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I wish the Greek Pantheon was real and he was tortured by some poetic torture based on his hypocrisy forever

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

DreamingofRoses posted:

I think I’m reading this differently than you, because I don’t think this deserves a Gaybie nom.

Same. This comic does not seem to support the "all we need is a good guy with a gun" narrative; it is a direct refutation.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Welcome to Decision 2060

Rall making sure he gets his "who cares I don't I'm deeper than y'all" cred established early this year

E: Looking forward to him ignoring the hell out of the Iran situation

Somfin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 3, 2020

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

DreamingofRoses posted:

I think Im reading this differently than you, because I dont think this deserves a Gaybie nom.

Ugh, sorry, I'm kind of tired and got stuck in 'This Is Bad Argh gently caress Puke' mode. I've edit my post; please remove your quote so there isn't any confusion when Gaybie nomination collection time rolls around next year.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 3, 2020

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Bullshit Stantis. You firmly only see your own colon with your head shoved up your rear end

Yeah nice reversal of reality dipshit

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It is I, Kenny, site owner and administrator of Wiki Sours.

So I saw the problems with getting all the posted Gaybie nominations since SA's search is even worse than Lowtax's spine, and figured, why not make things easy on our Gay Abortion Doctors this year?

So I whipped up a page for the Gay Abortions 2020 Nominations on the wiki, for people to add their nominations as they come in, and at the end of the year, whoever hosts the Gaybies can just head on over there and grab all the nominations.

This is not meant to be instead of posting your nominations in the thread, but in addition to it! As we could see with BiggerJ's retracted one earlier this page, posting them in the thread is a chance for other posters to point out ill-read reasons for nominations, and posting your nominations in the thread also means seeing that something already got nominated without having to check all the nominations in the list first before adding yours. So do your Gaybie nomination post in the thread, then add them to the list, and if you retract a nomination, also remove it from the list. Little more work for nominators, but in an attempt to streamline the process for when the time comes to actually host the awards show itself.

Obviously this only works if everyone who wants to nominate also actually does add their nominations to the list - I've added all that's been nominated so far in the thread to get the list started, but the idea is to not put all the work on one person. Since the wiki also requires a user account to edit (because not doing that is a beacon that says "SPAM WELCOME"), my super-secret agenda with this is also to try to get some more activity on the wiki in general, and nobody will ever figure that out. Clearly I'm a master manipulator like Trump.

The wiki also kind of needs a favicon, which I thought I had already added but seems like I did not. Anyone want to whip up a 16x16 whiskey sour or something?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BiggerJ posted:

Can't find any mentions in this thread, so here's the new Gaybies nomination thread, for everything our ennui made us skip over during the year.

IMPORTANT NOTE: It's a nominations post, not a voting post, so Ambitious Spider, you've jumped the gun. As per thread rules, you'll have to edit your post if you want to nominate anything that isn't already in that thread.

Sorry, Pants Donkey, but impotently raging against things we can't change is all we have left.

Drat. Thanks for the heads up

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

oobey posted:

A dying thread, in a dying forum, for a dying art form. How apropos.

:getin:

Makes me wonder how many of us (besides me) work in a dying media too

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Trump's supporter's efforts to rewrite history are too late, you can't change what's written in stone with a pen. Probably because of all that dirt the Dems found with impeachment. AGC.
...Also headstones are placed after the gave is dug so the dirt comes first.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lemming posted:

I wish the Greek Pantheon was real and he was tortured by some poetic torture based on his hypocrisy forever

Carmen: All issues have more than one side!
Dike, disguised as Winslow: Trump is bad you imbicile, you utter moron.
Carmen: I think there might be another side.
Dike, revealing herself: gently caress YOU! Your punishment is to see a different side for all eternity!
Carmen is turned into a die, and rolls down a hill forever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is the worst whataboutism of the decade so far.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Delonas should be in the artist list of the OP. The art is distinctive, generally good and sometimes downright impressive. Plus readers need to know that subject matter can be unpredictable. Delonas doesn't do sides, he just hate, Hate, HATES everything, everywhere with the power of an exploding star.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Between Payne and Rall I'm gonna have to add a Worst "My Head Can Only Hold One Thought At A Time" Cartoon category to the Gaybies.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
https://twitter.com/web_rant/status/1213017145568661505?s=21

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Fister Roboto posted:

Wasn't there a shooting a while back where a good guy with a gun got killed by another good guy with a gun?

Cops killed a good guy with a gun and an active duty military one at that. He was black, so no one gives a gently caress and the cops will just self investigate and hand out a free vacation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/us/alabama-mall-shooting.html

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
https://youtu.be/7RWuiTSDf2w

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You will never be Calvin and Hobbes.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ben Garrison hasn't said a word or toon about Iran yet.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

seiferguy posted:

"This war wouldn't be necessary if Obama hadn't personally delivered $1.7 billion in unmarked bills to Iran. The Deep State is forcing Trump's hand--his strong, muscular, paternal hand."

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

seiferguy posted:

It takes some time to draw a missile shaped like a throbbing erection

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

HootTheOwl posted:

Trump's supporter's efforts to rewrite history are too late, you can't change what's written in stone with a pen. Probably because of all that dirt the Dems found with impeachment. AGC.
...Also headstones are placed after the gave is dug so the dirt comes first.

The donkey is exhuming 2020 hopes, probably because there is some question of what's actually in the buried there as indicated by the vandalism on the gravestone.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: the norwegian minister of foreign affairs came with some mild criticism towards China.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ah yes the both sides of "I'm ashamed of Trump's tweets, but I must vote for him because Democrats are horrible badwrong islamomarxists"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fister Roboto posted:

There was also a case where a black security guard stopped a shooter before he (the guard) was then shot by police when they arrived at the scene

So only one good guy in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe