Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Loved season 4 now just have the long wait to S5.

Quick mental notes for me

Amos turned from the most annoying character to probably my favorite.

Roberta got in awesome shape this season good on her I also loved her action scenes

Looking forward to season 5 being a poo poo storm

Ashford is badass

I want more zero gravity combat

Jim Holden is a bit boring :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Quick mental notes for me

Amos turned from the most annoying character to probably my favorite.

Amos, annoying? Are we watching the same show?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Up to what book can I read without spoiling myself for future seasons?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Cibola Burn, basically

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cibola Burn, plus the novellas Gods of Risk, The Churn, The Butcher of Anderson Station, and the short story Drive.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Kilson posted:

Amos, annoying? Are we watching the same show?

The first season or so he was just an arsehole and annoyed the hell out of me. He really grew on me the more I got into the show

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VoLaTiLe posted:

The first season or so he was just an arsehole and annoyed the hell out of me. He really grew on me the more I got into the show

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Cibola Burn, plus the novellas Gods of Risk, The Churn, The Butcher of Anderson Station, and the short story Drive.
Well, we can't be sure about that one. It takes place before the series, and Amos has alluded to the broad strokes of it, but they still might adapt some of it as a flashback or something.

But honestly I'd read it anyway. Amos will probably continue to allude to new bits from it, but I doubt we'll get it adapted wholesale, and it'll give more context to his character.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's true that we haven't seen The Churn but I don't think we're going to see a full on adaptation like the other novellas. And since it's exclusively Amos backstory it's not spoiling anything. It's good and will be relevant to next season so if you read nothing else I'd at least read that one.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Didnt they say they were going to cover it in S5?

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Wait, are they planning to film The Churn? Isn't part of it like... the sewer scene from IT levels of hosed up?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I don't think so? Also all season 5 speculation based on knowledge of the churn should probably be over in the spoiler thread

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I'm hoping they publish the short stories sometime soon. I still haven't gotten on the e-reader trend.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

SpookyLizard posted:

Didnt they say they were going to cover it in S5?

Not anywhere I've ever seen.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I just finished s4 and it was pretty good.

I cringe every time Holden is on screen. That dude's acting range consists of two emotions: gimpy love face and comically contorted angry face. Truly the finger nails on a chalkboard of actors.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i'm only on book 4 but that sounds like faithful casting to me

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Grand Fromage posted:

Not anywhere I've ever seen.

Wes Chatham talks about The Churn and it being part of Season 5 in this interview with Adam Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNJvwNZZ2k

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 4, 2020

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The churn is weird because maybe spoilers I guess.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 4, 2020

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Dude, you're not in the spoiler thread.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TychoCelchuuu posted:

One of them forced workers to work themselves nearly to death, used their dominance to undercut other online retailers to put them out of business and then drove prices up again, displayed misleading "sale" prices, ruthlessly exploited delivery workers so that people can get "free" shipping on items that are overpriced already to account for the shipping, and canceled The Tick. It worked though!

:five:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

TommyGun85 posted:

I really wish they would release episodes weekly. Binging really kills show momentum and discussion and now I have to wait a year for S5.

I am happy I made myself only watch one episode a day of Season 4, it helped spread it out and also made me absorb it better. My advice is not to binge shows you know you will love!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

pixelbaron posted:

Wes Chatham talks about The Churn and it being part of Season 5 in this interview with Adam Savage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNJvwNZZ2k

I can't describe without spoilers but it is true that The Churn is related to season 5. I don't think that's going to be the same as it actually being adapted.

In any case it was released before the fifth book and the authors intend everything to be read in release order. So, it's not spoiling anything to read it before season 5.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 4, 2020

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Steakandchips posted:

I am happy I made myself only watch one episode a day of Season 4, it helped spread it out and also made me absorb it better. My advice is not to binge shows you know you will love!

Occasionally I watched two episodes in a row, but with a show like this where I really care about the characters and am captivated where the plot'll take them, I need a little processing time after the episode, can't imagine just burning through them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

Why not? I'll just watch the season more than once!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The faster you watch it, the sooner you can watch it again

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
*watching intensifies*

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
The reason I think its not a great idea is that is pretty much kills the discussion and hype that builds between episodes. If you pace yourself, the discussion is already over by the time you finish.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

The reason I think its not a great idea is that is pretty much kills the discussion and hype that builds between episodes. If you pace yourself, the discussion is already over by the time you finish.

Even if you start your binge a couple days after everyone else you get left behind. There are goons itt that watched the entire season twice in 2 days.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

scrubs, i rewatch as i watch it the first time

saves time

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

It also means that joining a conversation online is perilous because someone further ahead could spoil you.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

T-man posted:

scrubs, i rewatch as i watch it the first time

saves time

What else are dual monitors good for? Start up a second copy 5 minutes after the first one!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I put the show on my streaming device, desktop, laptop, tablet and phone in a syncopating rhythm.

I watch
watch
watch
𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙

By̨ the ͘n҉ext͢ m̃o҉rn̅iͫ̒n̆g͐ͦ ̔̔̎Ĩ'͑̎ͯv̶̊͋͛eͭ̅ rḙw̠͓a̘̜tc̮̪̠̤͇ẖ̩̤̬e͜ḏ̩͙̗̦ͅ i̗͉͓͔̝͔ṭ̮̜ ̱͍̝͎͈̩ͅmo͔̭͎r͙e̡̜̠̪ t̠̝͒̚h̷͔͚̣͓̰̳̘ả̒̊n͓̥̤̩̓̀͊̓ ̟̜͈͔̳̉ͭ̈ͨ̋ḁͩ̀ny͚̤̠̟̺o̔̾n͖̰̺e̩̤̣̘ͮ̊ͯ̚ e͓͕͚͔̟̦lṣ̸̞̤͖̜̰̗̑̒̊͒̈́ͨͮé͓̙̺̝̏̓̉ c͏͍̙̯̰̜ͅå͚̺̯̥͉̯̳͈̰̫̪̒ͨ͊ͮ̿̊͐̏ͨ̚ṉ̩̻̲̼̞̤͈͔̄͋̈́ͣͥ̊ͩ̽̎͢͝ ̧͖̥͖̙͚̭̺̥ṕ͠o͐ͧ̉ͬ̈̈ͣ̅͗̕҉̧̳̘̭͍̺͔̪̲̙s͚̗̤̙̞͙̖͗̒̆͊̍̽̑s̘̻̳̻͕͙̱̻̠̮̜̊ͭ̎̒̒̅ͣ̆͌ͮͩǐ̸̓ͭͮͭ̐̂̂̀͝b̟͙̻̖̮͈͍͇̜̻̻͓l̻͖͙̜̬̳͚̗̤̭̖͈͓̮ͣ͐̈ͭ͂ͭ͌͊̑ͩͦ̒̂̚y̵̱͔͈̓̅̊̀͠ ͓̟͚͎̙̣̟̟̦̹͍͇̻ͪ̆ͥ̅̑ͨ̌̑ͫ̾̆̾ͩ̀̚͜͞ͅc̻̹̘͔̠̱̜̲̲̾̉̑͒ͪ̈́̿̋̍̇ͅo̥̤m̫͖̜͍̫̯͕͉͉̼̳ͧͯ̋͒̿ͭͮ̔̍̔̾p̜͓̱̙̘͔̮̼̳̥͉̖ͅȑͪ̉͆ͫ̍̿ͪ͐̔̀͛͑͏͡͝ḛ̟̬͎̼̥͉h̡̢͞ḙ̴̸̼̦͚̗̹͌͌͆̊ͫ̇͞n̡̨̢̲̩̰̘̭̭͖̭͓̪̳̰̾ͤ͋̽̿͂ͭ̃̋̇̐̾̚ͅd̘̯̮̜͉̗̣̮͈̿̅ͪͭ̊ͤ̂̍̅

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Truly it reaches out.

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang

T-man posted:

Scrubs, i rewatch as i watch it the first time

There is no need to watch Scrubs for the first time.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Nice season again, but whoever thought changing the format to cinemascope based on the loving setting should be punched in the dick/pussy. Its just terrible.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
All TV shows should just be in 16:9 100% of the time. There is no reason to letterbox when every TV has the exact same aspect ratio.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Some people use the aspect ratio to give scenes a certain feeling.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Some people use the aspect ratio to give scenes a certain feeling.

Yeah, what i read was that they used the wide frame on the planet to convey the sense of openness compared to the typical cramped interiors you see.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

haldolium posted:

Nice season again, but whoever thought changing the format to cinemascope based on the loving setting should be punched in the dick/pussy. Its just terrible.

Sorry, it was actually really cool they did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1214441594968891393?s=21