Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Here in nyc good indoor costs ~360-480 / oz. I've seen some services charge up to $80 for an 8th, but I refuse to ever pay over 60.

Desperate for legalization.

I see ads for delivery services and ‘text xyz for a secret invite to a cannabis club’ things on ig/twitter, but it just seems like a honeypot. Like on one hand I want to go to an invite only 10 vendor NYE weed ball, on the other I am paranoid it’s a sting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

red19fire posted:

I see ads for delivery services and ‘text xyz for a secret invite to a cannabis club’ things on ig/twitter, but it just seems like a honeypot. Like on one hand I want to go to an invite only 10 vendor NYE weed ball, on the other I am paranoid it’s a sting.
Depending on your state/city, but it's probably not a sting, those parties are real I've been to a few of then in brooklyn. That said, it could very well be a scam.

I know there a few going around that ask you to use Cashapp or similar for your first order. never agree to do that poo poo. Any legit service accepts cash, and if they don't trust you, you don't trust them.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I guess the next time I bitch about taco bell prices I'll take a long moment to appreciate $79 :canada: ounces.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

it's time for me to grow up and learn how to roll a joint

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

get a joint rolling machine for 3 bucks and roll perfect joints every time

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

PokeJoe posted:

get a joint rolling machine for 3 bucks and roll perfect joints every time
Nah there are some good videos on youtube it's really not hard to learn

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Being a good roller has cut me into so much free weed in my life. rollers are nice though cause even I’m too lazy to whip up joints for the day

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Nah there are some good videos on youtube it's really not hard to learn
every youtube joint rolling video:

1. put your joint rolling poo poo on the desk

2. roll a joint

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ugh, keep waking up with like a knot in my stomach where I'm nauseous and have no appetite, but if I down some black coffee and smoke a little bit it goes away eventually.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i cant take anyone with a joint rolling tray seriously

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

poverty goat posted:

i cant take anyone with a joint rolling tray seriously
It's the clip-on tie of the weed world.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's still a cooler look than pulling from a huge plastic bag of weed vapor tbh

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Gatekeeping weed intake methods is silly, especially as legalization brings in new consumers and all sorts of new ways to consume it.

Joint-rolling is a good skill but something something analogy to standard transmission vs. automatic, idk.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rolling machines are cool and good

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I use a rolling machine and make 30+ joints very quickly

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I use a rollbox; it rolls impressive perfect cylindrical joints quickly, has a cool mechanism and catches any spillage inside of itself. you can stash papers and tips inside it too

e: pardon the music and the tobacco, just mute it, but here's the only short video with no "review" on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXKt7E4Piw

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 3, 2020

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Here in nyc good indoor costs ~360-480 / oz. I've seen some services charge up to $80 for an 8th, but I refuse to ever pay over 60.

Desperate for legalization.

I hear you on that one. a lot of the dealers sell legal weed they imported these days anyway

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Tipps posted:

I live in Nunavut and can order weed from grey market or licensed vendors and get it delivered in less than a week.

Mail order legal weed at the frozen edge of civilization. What a world. :canada:

Hell yeah. The place I use in BC sends freebies too. They can open 48 weed stores in my town but I'll still get poo poo from out west.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rolling machiens are pretty good if you don't know how to hand roll a cone yourself. the only way to learn to roll a really good joint, which imo is a beautiful craft to be admired, is to roll and smoke a lot of joints. so get started

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't look down on people for smoking glass or vaping. but i refuse to smoke out of a dirty bowl or vape. i definitely DO look down on people who use the pen things because it's an unnecessary perversion of flower and it doesn't contain what flower contains 90% of the time. most of the pens are just distillate and artificial flavors.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
there is a lot that goes into rolling a good joint but one of the most important is to get a good tuck in for the edge of the paper on the side that you'll smoke out of. by which i mean to get it so the two sides of the paper aren't going up against each other but instead are layered flat on the weed. if you have that started then the rest is just continuing that tuck up the rest of the joint and rolling it. if you do it wrong then it's really hard to actually roll it

not sure if this is confusing or not. it doesn't really matter... as said the way to improve is to do it a lot

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I really like the rolling machines as well, as someone who couldn't roll a joint by hand to save his life. But I haven't used it in a long time after I bought a decent little vaporizer. Love that thing, and so does my lungs.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the problem with rolling machines is that it rolls a cylinder and a cone burns much better, at least in my experience. one good thing for people who dont know how to hand roll is those pre-rolled raw cones. you just put weed in and pack it down with a stick that's included.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I feel like a cone puts more weed at the good part, and as it narrows, at least you're smoking less resin.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yeah but a cone shape also runs less than a cylinder. it burns more evenly, again just my experience smoking both types.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Hell Yeah posted:

i don't look down on people for smoking glass or vaping. but i refuse to smoke out of a dirty bowl or vape. i definitely DO look down on people who use the pen things because it's an unnecessary perversion of flower and it doesn't contain what flower contains 90% of the time. most of the pens are just distillate and artificial flavors.

Pen is super convenient and easy so it’s hard to blame people. In fact I encourage my friends to carry them

I’ve always said it’s like the difference between a banana and a banana laffy taffy, the laffy taffy is more intense and arguably has more “flavor” but there is something distinctly unnatural about it. When I switched back to flower my first thought was “drat, ive been missing out”

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shoutout to whoever suggested hooking the whip from an Extreme Q to a bong. I got a nice klein bottle bong awhile back but quickly realized that I don't like smoking anymore and I just want to vape so it's been sitting unused on my shelf until I saw that.

What I do now is fill a bag and hook it onto the bong and draw as needed. It makes the vape so smooth that I can clear a bag in like 30 seconds without coughing.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

smoking a joint in the sun and listn to disc 2 of the fragile

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I got a pod 3 vape pen, but I think I'd like something that holds more flower.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
rolling joints is easy. just make a filter, put it in with some weed, and then practice just rolling the papers between your fingers and forming the weed into the right shape. don't even worry about actually finishing it, just get the hang of getting the shape right. then you just tuck in the bottom of the paper and then roll the thing up. it's really not hard.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I'm still a newbie at rolling joints but I rolled my own cigs for years and as dumb as it sounds, I've never really been sure what I did to improve, it's just that the trick seems to come naturally with time and effort. My first good cig just sort of 'happened'.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
When I was in high school I would practicing hand rolling with tea leaves, over and over again. My skills made me a lot of friends when I got to college.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Do tea leaves roll right? See the thing that messed me up moving from cigarettes to joints as that cigarette tobacco is kind of shredded and masses together a certain way where weed is ground more finely and sort of clumps on its own sticky.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

tea leaves are more similar to tobacco in that they're strip-esque and not sticky

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

JAMOOOL posted:

Pen is super convenient and easy so it’s hard to blame people. In fact I encourage my friends to carry them

I’ve always said it’s like the difference between a banana and a banana laffy taffy, the laffy taffy is more intense and arguably has more “flavor” but there is something distinctly unnatural about it. When I switched back to flower my first thought was “drat, ive been missing out”

a portable flower vape like a fury 2 or a solo has all the convenience and discretion of a pen but you also get all the benefits of vaping flower. ever since i first smoked a pen i didn't trust them, unless you are talking about the really expensive ones made from like, live resin or rosin or something. most of the ones that are cheaper, which are the ones most people buy, are just distillate and artificial flavors. also with a portable flower vape they can't put any hosed up poo poo in there that might hurt or kill you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Or you could just buy a coil pen you drop wax into, and buy your filler separately instead of putting faith in carts. I have a couple laying around. Replacement coils are cheap, and they drat well should be for how fast some of them burn out.

The past year or so, cheap shatter has been a bit scarcer because of all the carts on the market. Now cheap wax/shatter is back and I've switched back to dabbing from flower.

That's a $13 gram of wax (butane extract). Usually a <$20 gram is a good deal darker than that, but the cart market has slowed dramatically, and the potency of cheap wax has gone up too. Six months ago it was a nuisance to find cheap wax over 60%, that stuff pictured above claims about 80%.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

whatever it takes to stay off those nasty fake carts. personally i prefer flower or hash to oil, but at least oil is a real cannabis product.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yocan Evolve Plus, that's the coil pen I have a couple of laying around. They run about $30-40. Replacement coils are $3-5, ceramic coils were a buck or two more last time I bought one. They were really reliable for me for a while, but when cheap wax dwindled I went back to flower. Coil life varied, but I usually got a few grams out of one before it failed. Get a five pack and reorder when you get down to two spare.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Or you could just buy a coil pen you drop wax into, and buy your filler separately instead of putting faith in carts. I have a couple laying around. Replacement coils are cheap, and they drat well should be for how fast some of them burn out.

If you're willing to drop $60 on Weed Things, this Yocan vaporizer even has a small storage container on the bottom that can hold just shy of 1g of wax. It's fuckin' magical and people just think it's a e-vape.

I still use oils because of how easy they are, but am slowly moving away. 2020 I plan on finally learning how to roll a good joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's just a slightly larger version of what I already have and roughly twice as expensive. Same brand and product line, just a fatter battery and everything fattened to match, so you're basically buying battery life. The regular Evolve Plus has a storage cap on the bottom of the battery too.

The Yocans are good vapes, worth the money imo.