Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

look here they come!

they're greeting us as liberators!

WE DID IT REDDIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Most TRUMP! way this could end is the Iraqis voting to kick us out so we leave and Trump says he ended the war

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Raccooon posted:

What the hell is the US doing at this point? Just air striking the Iraqi Military now? I don't see a coherent goal at this point other than lets just gently caress everything up.

You see Iraq are just puppets of the Iranians now. We're liberating the country from the jackboot of Persian tyranny. :911:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

it's b/c trump wants to save face from the embassy attack and his entire administration is insane neocons who live in a bubble and watch fox news

this is the stupidest foreign policy thing trump has done thus far in his administration (not the most evil/worst/barbaric)

Lol if this is the whole reason. Throw temper tantrum, blows up what's left of US credibility in the ME, and sets back all their foreign policy goals in the region.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

look here they come!

they're greeting us as liberators!

WE DID IT REDDIT

Can anyone read what those signs say? I assume thats a picture of Rouhani so they are in support of Iran.

Edit: Lol didn't see the English part.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

you could read the english part

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

Most TRUMP! way this could end is the Iraqis voting to kick us out so we leave and Trump says he ended the war

Even if Trump wants to leave (and he's so thin-skinned he'll probably double down after Parliament votes the US out in a couple of hours) the one thing the military and intelligence goons have been firm on is not letting the US leave anywhere. Couldn't even get fully out of Syria. Plus the neocons know if they leave a few thousand troops in Iraq they might get Iran to do a Beirut Barracks attack which lets them kick off the actual war they want.

I honestly think we're going to park a few thousand troops inside some bases while an entire country tries to rip them apart. Just disaster time stuff.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i imagine a lot of countries can tolerate a guantanamo military base situation, but probably not when the military is sortieing out of that base to bomb your country lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

is iraq going to continue to tolerate the us military just going around bombing its own military staff in their own borders

this is like the worst possible way to handle keeping iraq a client state

this is just so loving insane lmao

They're killing brown Muslims so Americans will approve no matter how dumb it is

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raccooon posted:

Lol if this is the whole reason. Throw temper tantrum, blows up what's left of US credibility in the ME, and sets back all their foreign policy goals in the region.

All of this happened after he tweeted about “anti-Benghazi”. It’s stupid, but it tracks.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Even if Trump wants to leave (and he's so thin-skinned he'll probably double down after Parliament votes the US out in a couple of hours) the one thing the military and intelligence goons have been firm on is not letting the US leave anywhere. Couldn't even get fully out of Syria. Plus the neocons know if they leave a few thousand troops in Iraq they might get Iran to do a Beirut Barracks attack which lets them kick off the actual war they want.

I honestly think we're going to park a few thousand troops inside some bases while an entire country tries to rip them apart. Just disaster time stuff.

I don't think goons support this

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I don't think goons support this

I don't check that many sub-forums anymore!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Frosted Flake posted:

All of this happened after he tweeted about “anti-Benghazi”. It’s stupid, but it tracks.

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been an actual attack on the embassy in Baghdad yet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

fknlo posted:

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been an actual attack on the embassy in Baghdad yet.

I'm looking forward to the next embassy hostage crisis. :hmbol:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/TomCokeIsABlunt/status/1213184214281129986

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) on Friday introduced legislation that would block funding for any offensive military force in or against Iran without prior congressional authorization.

I guess the full Hellworld outcome here is that Sanders & Khanna's bill passes, and then congress authorizes funding anyway.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sum posted:

I don't understand why we always wheel out some grand puppeteer narrative every time the US fucks something up. They blew up the wrong car either because they're incompetent or because they have such contempt for Arab lives that they decided a 50/50 shot to either blow up some guy we declared a terrorist at lunchtime or some medics was worth it

at this point everyone who is remotely suspected of being a spy is being fed false info about vip movements to see where missiles land

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope lots of american troops die

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I guess the full Hellworld outcome here is that Sanders & Khanna's bill passes, and then congress authorizes funding anyway.

Knowing Pelosi she'll require that it passes at the same time and includes a letter thanking Trump for his leadership (but it'll have some big words in there so resistance twitter can say it's epic shade)

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

at this point everyone who is remotely suspected of being a spy is being fed false info about vip movements to see where missiles land

ah the old Michael Collins maneuver

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paul_soccer10 posted:

i hope lots of american troops die

At least there will be piles of new Juba videos on youtube.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trump beating up Iraq because Iran is to tough is the most Trump thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
if only iran had nukes, we would have never done this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/hyenasandgin/status/1213265741845278720?s=21

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

khomeinis back, and hes pissed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Hill is going to get a response from the Iranian ambassador soon

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the kids are dumb as gently caress

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Darth Walrus posted:

The genuinely terrifying question, though, is how Trump would handle a serious military defeat. He can escalate harder than anyone else on Earth, and I'm not sure there's anyone willing and able to talk him down.

A series of defeats by a nuclear power is basically the nightmare scenario that leads to the use of nuclear weapons. I'm not sure that Iran could give Trump the kind of defeats where he would feel aggrieved enough to order their use, but uh, if you'd have asked me yesterday if what happened today could happen, I'd probably have said no, so uh...well, good luck everybody.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

surely there's a sane chain of command that would prevent an insane escalation to using nuclear weapons because a president and his neocon administration feel humiliated on the world stage

*laughs in hellworld*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i am going to speculate with absolutely no evidence that trump has probably asked people around him if we can start air testing nuclear explosions again

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Azathoth posted:

A series of defeats by a nuclear power is basically the nightmare scenario that leads to the use of nuclear weapons. I'm not sure that Iran could give Trump the kind of defeats where he would feel aggrieved enough to order their use, but uh, if you'd have asked me yesterday if what happened today could happen, I'd probably have said no, so uh...well, good luck everybody.

Trump is going to fuckin nuke anybody. There's not a chance he even knew who Suleimani was until yesterday. He was almost definitely just pissed off about the embassy stuff, demanded revenge, and the lizards in his inner circle used it as an excuse to go settle some scores

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Personal fan theory is that he genuinely believes the "it's to prevent wars" angle and he's just too stupid to see why that is stupid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44CcpkRqSaI

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

sum posted:

Trump is going to fuckin nuke anybody. There's not a chance he even knew who Suleimani was until yesterday. He was almost definitely just pissed off about the embassy stuff, demanded revenge, and the lizards in his inner circle used it as an excuse to go settle some scores

They're all telling him that conventional military force will solve all his problems, though. What happens if and when it doesn't?

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

They're all telling him that conventional military force will solve all his problems, though. What happens if and when it doesn't?

You're insane if you think that his advisors would ever let him push the nuke button. There'd be a coup.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

sum posted:

You're insane if you think that his advisors would ever let him push the nuke button. There'd be a coup.

no doubt in my mind he's already asked several times and they just ignore it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i am going to speculate with absolutely no evidence that trump has probably asked people around him if we can start air testing nuclear explosions again

i will pile on this and also speculate with no evidence that there exists a plan currently being passed around by the various natsec ghouls close to trump that outlines exactly how quick they can go from the order to the first weapons test to dropping the bomb. my theory being that the only reason we haven't resumed testing is that even the neocons know that using nuclear weapons is hideously unpopular and want to shorten the window in which any resistance to their use can be organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

sum posted:

Lmao