Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have a batshit stupid theory. Honestly, I do think White Chain is like this because the combination of factors (Her relationship with Alison becoming strained, the orders from both angel groups) had to cause something to give and this was it.

However, I keep thinking back to the poker game, where White Chain is seemingly unable to bluff. Now, I could very well be misreading a character beat as a Chekov Gun, but if there was a time to bluff for whatever reason, I suppose this would be it. And it would in a way explain why she didn't do her prayer first.

I think I am just being stupidly optimistic here, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Apologies for posting rubbish in the thread, but someone I follow on twitter just posted this and I can't stop thinking about this dude's twitter profile who's clearly one of Mammon's emissaries, wielding some incredibly powerful fist arts:

https://twitter.com/turing_police/status/1213340441027858432

Warning 'cux' about the need to prepare for omnidirectional combat ('chick poo poo test' and 'betrayal from fam/friends'), using the profile name 'THE BODHISATTVA BEAST', chatting about 'GODFLOW' in between advice on oil prices, and, uh, whatever this is:

Folks I think I may have my new Broken World antagonist character.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hot take: the thing we're going to be unhappy about is that Allicio is about to lose, and the hero's nadir is going to be her losing the key of kings

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

Hot take: the thing we're going to be unhappy about is that Allicio is about to lose, and the hero's nadir is going to be her losing the key of kings

Except that would be loving awesome because it would force Alison to learn to fight and survive WITHOUT the key, and I'd love to see where that goes.

Plus... Maya training arc? Please?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is White Chain manifesting a crown?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Demiurge4 posted:

Is White Chain manifesting a crown?

Sort of what it looks like. Though I'm paying more attention to the badass manifestation of the eyeballs from their etherial form's "hair." How far does that train go?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, given that we're seeing White Chain's personal identity creep out in that big power-up panel, I can't quite see this as a wholly bad thing. She's letting herself show as a person, which she's had problems with for far too long.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Prediction: White Chain defeats Allison and doesn't have this amount of Will for the fight with Solomon and gets her entire body turned into fine dust.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, given that we're seeing White Chain's personal identity creep out in that big power-up panel, I can't quite see this as a wholly bad thing. She's letting herself show as a person, which she's had problems with for far too long.

Maybe white chain goes full super sayain and being slapped back into the void by either Solomon or Allicio in such a state jams all the memories from 1 White Chain onward into her new ethereal form.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

shirts and skins posted:

Pretty sure the only thing that'd make the thread unhappy is Allison dumping Cio to shack back up with Zaid.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cat Mattress posted:

Pretty sure the only thing that'd make the thread unhappy is Allison dumping Cio to shack back up with Zaid.

Cio dumping Allison to randomly shack up with Zaid. Does anyone actually care for that damsel? He has no established character. Imagine if their genders were reversed.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Maybe not here, but I'm sure there would be people mad about Allison losing the key. Part of the reason this bit is exciting for me is it definitely feels possible, especially after Operant's comment.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What if Cio pops back out and the key just sticks with her?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I still can't wrap my head around how White Chain's combat headpiece works. Like it's clearly to big to just swivel back into position. Does it shrink? It looks too stone-like to be flexible

It's super cool, it just kinda confuses me

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

ThaumPenguin posted:

I still can't wrap my head around how White Chain's combat headpiece works. Like it's clearly to big to just swivel back into position. Does it shrink? It looks too stone-like to be flexible

It's super cool, it just kinda confuses me

It’s magicthe art, don’t gotta explain poo poo

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Who What Now posted:

White Chain isn't wrong

White Chain is loving always wrong, and this time is no exception.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

shirts and skins posted:

I hope this is it, I really hope this is it. Because, right now, the only other "readers are going to hate this" development I can think of is fridging Cio, and I have more trust in Operant than that.

Let's pretend it wasn't slightly eroded by 3 getting robbed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I hope this is it, I really hope this is it. Because, right now, the only other "readers are going to hate this" development I can think of is fridging Cio, and I have more trust in Operant than that.

Let's pretend it wasn't slightly eroded by 3 getting robbed.

i was thinking there's an option where white chain basically refuses to give up to the point of effectively forcing allison/cio to kill them (temporarily, i mean), and then that starting a downward spiral back into darker territory.

but allison embracing being a demiurge is like, kind of similar to what we already saw in the Mammon arc and she's largely already overcome some of this, so i'm probably wrong

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Sort of what it looks like. Though I'm paying more attention to the badass manifestation of the eyeballs from their etherial form's "hair." How far does that train go?

It looks like the Quake 3 logo.

That isn't particularly insightful, sorry

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
well, Cio did admit "the only thing that beats un' angel is un' other angel" years ago. Let's see how this plays out.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I mean, the Conquering king notably beat up the baddest angel out there, but then he was also decapitated by an angel so :shrug:

Then again, Zoss might have just allowed them to decapitate him because he was bored of being a megaconqueror.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This actually makes me wonder something else. Zoss was alive until this comic began but it feels like there isn't a major power vacuum. For instance, it wasn't like White Chain was like, why is this girl wearing the key of that guy who was alive yesterday and also the most powerful person in throne? It seems like he was missing in action for a long time. Was this explained at some point?

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 4, 2020

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Zoss was mia for a long while was what I gathered from reading the comic to this point.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Zoss basically did nothing to stop the universal war and vanished; my impression is that most of the demiurges assumed he was either dead or had ascended beyond this world (and given how he keeps showing up despite his death, we can probably say the second camp are technically correct).

What he was actually up to is not totally clear.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

I mean, the Conquering king notably beat up the baddest angel out there, but then he was also decapitated by an angel so :shrug:

Then again, Zoss might have just allowed them to decapitate him because he was bored of being a megaconqueror.

Thing is, the Conquering King needed no Key to do that. He kicked the asses of every Prime Angel before he made it and wrenched the secrets of how to make the Key of Kings out of Metatron, if I recall correctly. The potential for Alison to be just as strong is there, but she's definitely not at that level yet. I'm not sure if she's even at the level to hurt Solomon yet; keep in mind that "demiurge" used to be a far broader category of people and only the seven strongest among them survived (oh and Meti) ages of warfare between them all. Solomon himself got his start beating a demiurge to death.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
White Chain gets bodied so hard they don't come back, the "white flame" that flanks Allison in the prophecy is actually the new angel.

White Chain will cameo as a force ghost.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The war started when Zoss disappeared and literally all the demiurges thought they should get his chair.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Mr. Lobe posted:

This actually makes me wonder something else. Zoss was alive until this comic began but it feels like there isn't a major power vacuum. For instance, it wasn't like White Chain was like, why is this girl wearing the key of that guy who was alive yesterday and also the most powerful person in throne? It seems like he was missing in action for a long time. Was this explained at some point?
Also, White Chain only knew it was a key, not that it was The Key, at first. Thus the whole going to Cio, "you're the only person who's done this anytime recently, I need your insights on the situation" thing.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
Maybe this is White Chain self actualizing as loving horrible

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm pretty sure white chain will get redeemed at some point, there's a real character under there. I predict this will be white-chain getting loving destroyed, literally, their body removed. Their bosses will continue to torment them unfairly, the only person willing to help will still be Allison and the nasty pack possibly thanks to new angel, new body will be a girl body. Cue white chain 2.0 not a cop edition as they finally give the gently caress up on this broke rear end system and embrace anarchy like all the cool people.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

friendship with Allison "Kill 6 Billion Demons" is over

now Allison "Be my Girlfriend, Try to Kill Me" is my new best friend

Now I must try to kill ber

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Bilirubin posted:

friendship with Allison "Kill 6 Billion Demons" is over

now Allison "Be my Girlfriend, Try to Kill Me" is my new best friend

Now I must try to kill ber

Sooo DBZ as a harem anime

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Xand_Man posted:

Sooo DBZ as a harem anime

It wasn't already?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Motherfucker posted:

It wasn't already?

I reserve judgement until swoledave joins the harem

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Motherfucker posted:

It wasn't already?
[DBZA Goku voice] I knew it!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Allison destroying WC would be a good set-up for her voluntarly giving up the key in a moment of guilt.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Motherfucker posted:

I'm pretty sure white chain will get redeemed at some point, there's a real character under there. I predict this will be white-chain getting loving destroyed, literally, their body removed. Their bosses will continue to torment them unfairly, the only person willing to help will still be Allison and the nasty pack possibly thanks to new angel, new body will be a girl body. Cue white chain 2.0 not a cop edition as they finally give the gently caress up on this broke rear end system and embrace anarchy like all the cool people.

White Chain has been suffering internally for a long time and, like many people who suffer in this way, often does anything and everything to keep from facing her problems by always looking to something external. In White Chain's case, it's the Law. As long as she focuses and follows it then she doesn't need to do any introspection. But as time has gone on she's lost faith in its ability to guide her, and now she's doubling down one last time.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Motherfucker posted:

It wasn't already?
Do you call your friends at the gym a harem?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

it helps us feel more comfortable, bro, you fuckin' judging me bro??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yes, but it's not mine.