Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That Obama cartoon was the second Iran cartoon Garrison did this week. The first one was uh...

Garrison posted:

Our military took out their leader shortly thereafter. Ive heard some say Trump is keeping Americans safe. Thats great, but why are so many Americans still in Iraq after all these years? Why are we in Syria? Why are we allies with a backward kingdom named Saudi Arabia?

That country beheads people for merely questioning their government. They use their oil money to spread Wahhabism, a radical form of Islam that breeds terrorism.

Iran is our enemy because they practice a different form of Islam and they hate us because our CIA conducted a coup against their Prime Minister. Mosaddegh wanted to nationalize the oil companies operating in his country, so he had to go. He was replaced with the Shah, and his brutality led to a revolution in the late 1970s. Iran has been run by Islamic fanatics who hate America since then.

President H. W. Bush and his son W. were both Skull and Bones men and war criminals. They got American troops in the Middle East using false flags and blatant lies. Millions of lives and trillions of dollars lost laterwere still thereand in Afghanistan as well.

Iranian citizens suffer from a poor economy and harsh repression. They are not happy, and so the ruling Mullahs keep the fires of hate against America burning as a distraction. They must also think America is weak. After all, Obama gave them billions of dollars and John Kerry was happy to genuflect to Irans rulers. They made a ridiculous deal in the hopes they could keep Irans nuclear ambitions in check. Of course Iran kept right on going with their nuclear weapons programjust like the North Koreans did after cutting a sweetheart deal with the Clinton administration.

Our founding fathers wanted us to avoid foreign entanglements. Leaders such as the Bushes ignored their advice and so now we have permanent war in an area with a history of tribal warfare going back centuries. Those conflicts will never end. We should not be in the middle of it allwe are supposedly energy independent now. Its time to let the countries in the Middle East battle it out on their own without us paying for it with American dollars and lives.

Bring the troops home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

That Obama cartoon was the second Iran cartoon Garrison did this week. The first one was uh...

The Middle Eastern North Pole

Anyone got that "Boy! Stuff happens" comic?

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
am I having a stroke or did garrison admit that the anti-us animus in iran is completely justified and condemn it as fanaticism in the same rant

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

am I having a stroke or did garrison admit that the anti-us animus in iran is completely justified and condemn it as fanaticism in the same rant
Garrison dabbles in cognitive dissonance as a musician may with harmonies.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pants Donkey posted:

hes getting maga cancelled oh god please

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I'm glad he labeled the boot "USA", I doubt many people would recognize that flag.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

God Herman Cain and Chris Christie really were believed to be legitimate contenders at one point, it's loving insane.

Wasn't Space Admiral Bachmann around in 2012 too?

The story of the 2012 primary was the battle between Romney and Not Romney. Not Romney kept moving into new crazy host bodies until it was finally trapped in Santorum and defeated.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

MrUnderbridge posted:

I'm glad he labeled the boot "USA", I doubt many people would recognize that flag.

Also glad that he 100% turbofucked the perspective on the ankle-foot-puddle situation in order to make sure that unnecessary label was shown.

Also he definitely did a quick google of what the underside of the standard US military boot looks like, because he got it close, and it does have a little dot right there where the label goes, so once again Garrison is quite good at doing details but utterly terrible at composition

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

fool of sound posted:

trump has disemboweled himself on the chessboard

As long as you don't threaten to throw it at Pelosi...

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Qwertycoatl posted:

The story of the 2012 primary was the battle between Romney and Not Romney. Not Romney kept moving into new crazy host bodies until it was finally trapped in Santorum and defeated.

God that was a fun time, back when we knew the detached from reality rich white male Republican was gonna get stomped in the Election and we turned out to be right.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Somfin posted:

The Middle Eastern North Pole

That's obviously the East Pole.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

T-man posted:

hes getting maga cancelled oh god please

Now we get to see him try to rationalize the two-trillion dollar bill on new military equipment

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Say what you will about Santorum. The man had passion.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Donald Trump's narcissism puts the world in peril Chris Riddell on the assassination of Iranian general Qassem Suleimani in Iraq by a US drone"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

God how quick these Trump RUDE people turn to Daddys aid.

Its nice to see that Gerald has some kind of life outside telling liberals how dumb they are. Dont let Ramirez shame you, dude: you rock that Cap cosplay.

Theres...theres a lot here.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Brilliant loving timing as usual, Stantis.

E: Also :lol: at the "No, it is they who poked the hornet's nest!" Reaction from the British Press.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

Wouldn't Hades cosplayers dress as demons though?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Its nice to see that Gerald has some kind of life outside telling liberals how dumb they are. Dont let Ramirez shame you, dude: you rock that Cap cosplay.
Terrorists
Murderers and Infidels
Makers(?) of Rap(?) Music

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wow Ramirez is two decades behind that 'joke'

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

Looks like Obama already did that, based on the mark there buddy.
Also isn't this like your third Benghaz?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"Pallets of cash"

Man gently caress off.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uhhh
:wtc:
I assume this is something about trying to pit PoC and LGBT minorities against each other?

(for those who don't follow the comic strip thread, Boyce is not a bad guy at all.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Uhhh
I assume this is something about trying to pit PoC and LGBT minorities against each other?

Not really: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dagbladet.no%2Fkultur%2Fut-av-skapet-igjen%2F71950230

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Manuel Calavera posted:

Uhhh
My assumption was having to hide who you are around certain people.

Or its mentioning the secret, horrifying metamorphosis we undergo before coming out. There is twisting of bone, discarding of flesh, and blood.

Oh so much blood.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pants Donkey posted:

:holymoley:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

You'll notice he also condemned the Iran deal for not doing enough to stop Iran getting nukes, while also insisting we should be completely hands off the Middle East

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

VitalSigns posted:

You'll notice he also condemned the Iran deal for not doing enough to stop Iran getting nukes, while also insisting we should be completely hands off the Middle East

Ben Garrison doesn't just want it both ways. He wants it ALL the ways goddamnit!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

There’s...there’s a lot here.

Had this one pop up on my Facebook, it's titled "Big Hands"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pants Donkey posted:

Can we lock Garrison away in the Disney vault please?

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

God how quick these “Trump RUDE” people turn to Daddy’s aid.
it's a trite-rear end point by now, but these decorum dudes support every one of Trump's policies-- they just wish he would do them more politely.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pants Donkey posted:

1Its nice to see that Gerald has some kind of life outside telling liberals how dumb they are. Dont let Ramirez shame you, dude: you rock that Cap cosplay.

So the takeaways here are that:
1. Cosplayers and/or fans of American comics go to Hell
2. Captain America is a terrorist

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

So the takeaways here are that:
1. Cosplayers and/or fans of American comics go to Hell
2. Captain America is a terrorist
Its the alternate Captain America from that dumb comic where he was a secret Nazi.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

God I miss Brett Noel.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

KennyMan666 posted:

It is I, Kenny, site owner and administrator of Wiki Sours.

So I saw the problems with getting all the posted Gaybie nominations since SA's search is even worse than Lowtax's spine, and figured, why not make things easy on our Gay Abortion Doctors this year?

So I whipped up a page for the Gay Abortions 2020 Nominations on the wiki, for people to add their nominations as they come in, and at the end of the year, whoever hosts the Gaybies can just head on over there and grab all the nominations.

This is not meant to be instead of posting your nominations in the thread, but in addition to it! As we could see with BiggerJ's retracted one earlier this page, posting them in the thread is a chance for other posters to point out ill-read reasons for nominations, and posting your nominations in the thread also means seeing that something already got nominated without having to check all the nominations in the list first before adding yours. So do your Gaybie nomination post in the thread, then add them to the list, and if you retract a nomination, also remove it from the list. Little more work for nominators, but in an attempt to streamline the process for when the time comes to actually host the awards show itself.

Obviously this only works if everyone who wants to nominate also actually does add their nominations to the list - I've added all that's been nominated so far in the thread to get the list started, but the idea is to not put all the work on one person. Since the wiki also requires a user account to edit (because not doing that is a beacon that says "SPAM WELCOME"), my super-secret agenda with this is also to try to get some more activity on the wiki in general, and nobody will ever figure that out. Clearly I'm a master manipulator like Trump.

The wiki also kind of needs a favicon, which I thought I had already added but seems like I did not. Anyone want to whip up a 16x16 whiskey sour or something?

:tipshat:

Sorry for the delay - it's been a family-intensive weekend and I haven't actually been home very much to do the editing needed.

I now have a script that runs every so often and gathers all the nominations that have been posted since the last time the script ran. I'll check in on the wiki every now and then and add any nominations from the thread that haven't been cross-posted.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, the President actually gets impeached this time.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

That is the most opposite-of-reality thing you could possibly say here. Iran's usual response to stuff like this is "aid terrorists in bombing US embassies." You know, more Benghazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I feel like extreme interest in butts isn't really that unusual, but it's a little odd to make all your political cartoons about it.