Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

a quick google shows that there was a Jedi Hutt.

Who fell to the dark side

and then also became a mob boss

Leia killed it

Lol at the shittiest ripoff of Duke leto ii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I know they made all Bothans spies. Did they make all Mon Calamari starship captains?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Flophouse had a fun bit about what happened after Rey said her name was Skywalker. That lady called the cops. As far as anyone on Tatooine knows Luke Skywalker, a quiet kid who enjoyed shooting rats, killed his family and burned down their home then fled on a ship with an outlaw smuggler who killed a Rodian on his way out, and a crazy hermit who chopped off a guys arm on the way out.

If they know anything about his return, Luke killed the number one employer on the planet and destroyed their job infrastructure.

a lot of the movie really only makes sense if you've seen the other movies, like rey and poe and co. must have actually seen the different star wars movies, that's the only way their actions make sense in the movie (aside from it being lazy writing, I know I know). rey must have been a big fan of ANH especially.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Hold onto your rear end for Medium Yoda Adventures

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/status/1213637281925517312?s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Must be fun making up absolute bullshit for clicks

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
ROS was ok. A lot of dumb poo poo, and pacing is all over the place, but it's perfectly fine if you just want to shut your brain off and watch space splosions.
LOL at people freaking out over it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The High Republic is what I call my garage

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

its all nice on rice posted:

ROS was ok. A lot of dumb poo poo, and pacing is all over the place, but it's perfectly fine if you just want to shut your brain off and watch space splosions.
LOL at people freaking out over it.

It's very important that everyone else acknowledges that Star Wars/Marvel/DCU are bad.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anyone have a link to the I'm Afraid of Americans version of Rem Lazar that got made in the old thread? That was great.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

The Golden Globes should be three hours of celebrities getting roasted and the winners can get their awards later off-camera.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

super sweet best pal posted:

Anyone have a link to the I'm Afraid of Americans version of Rem Lazar that got made in the old thread? That was great.

Sure do!
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/rem-lezardust-im-afraid-of-rem-lezar

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Dmitri-9 posted:

I know they made all Bothans spies. Did they make all Mon Calamari starship captains?

Yes, pretty much. Being from a water planet, Mon Cals have a natural aptitude for spatial orientation in three dimensions and make excellent space battle tacticians.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

First of May posted:

Yes, pretty much. Being from a water planet, Mon Cals have a natural aptitude for spatial orientation in three dimensions and make excellent space battle tacticians.

Wouldn't the same be true for Gungans?

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Gungans are what we call developmentally challenged

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Goongas

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its gonna be great

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
that's gonna be great

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

BexGu posted:

so this is kotor timeline? i remember reading something about that

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zeta Acosta posted:

kotor was 4000 years before the moopies, these would be 400.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

reignofevil posted:

https://youtu.be/FT5D7rJ8TPQ

It's the third film, it means clutching a cold mannequin in an abandoned shed

I just watched this again and for the first time I noticed that the World Trade Center towers are on the cover of the VHS box in the lower right hand corner.

So much from Rich Evans's "guess" as to where they were going to find the highest place.

HACK.FRAUDS!!!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zeta Acosta posted:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

kotor was 4000 years before the moopies, these would be 400.
I was reading a magazine the other day (like a caveman) and there was an interview about the making of the original KOTOR. The folks who made that game don't think a KOTOR movie would work because, frankly, they ripped off a lot of scenes from the original trilogy and it'd be a lot more obvious when you're watching it instead of playing it. :v:

Also, they were apparently toying with the idea of making a Game of Thrones game (in the year 2000!) before Lucasarts cold-called them and they were put on the path of making a Star War. Now there's an alternate history to ponder...

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

The Kins posted:

I was reading a magazine the other day (like a caveman) and there was an interview about the making of the original KOTOR. The folks who made that game don't think a KOTOR movie would work because, frankly, they ripped off a lot of scenes from the original trilogy and it'd be a lot more obvious when you're watching it instead of playing it. :v:

Also, they were apparently toying with the idea of making a Game of Thrones game (in the year 2000!) before Lucasarts cold-called them and they were put on the path of making a Star War. Now there's an alternate history to ponder...

well lucas ripped off kurosawa, god dammit now i want an 2000s obsidian seven samurais game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
JoJo Rabbit is real good. Could use more Sam Rockwell and Rebel Wilson though.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Golden Globes list

https://deadline.com/2020/01/2020-golden-globes-winners-list-1202821140/

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

JoJo Rabbit is real good. Could use more Sam Rockwell and Rebel Wilson though.

[stares unblinking]

Oh you mean ironically! Every movie needs a lot of Sam Rockwell and Rebel Wilson, because they're suuuuch good actors.

Golden Globes posted:

BEST ACTRESS – DRAMA
Renee Zellweger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF2FGMOBsjM

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

At least Chernobyl won a couple awards.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is great but I don't know about award-winning.

I haven't seen 1917 yet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh hey Chernobyl and parasite won in their categories. nice

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Zeta Acosta posted:

no its not and I will have an aneurysm if they make this garbage instead of kotor

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

aka tha garbage i like

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

revwinnebago posted:

[stares unblinking]

Oh you mean ironically! Every movie needs a lot of Sam Rockwell and Rebel Wilson, because they're suuuuch good actors.

Huh? They were the funniest parts.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Sam Rockwell is great!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Kins posted:

It was smart enough to take emotional beats but not actual plot points of the original trilogy. John Kotor starts off an everyman but becomes a space-wizard, but his starting point is as an unassuming soldier who develops a bizarre connection with a Jedi, instead of Luke who was a farmer and was the son of a jedi. There's the part where our heroes save a damsel in distress, but how that goes down is very different. The most important thing that's different but still similar is the Big Reveal and then its impact on the Final Confrontation. John Kotor being Revan is still a huge "holy poo poo" moment like "I am your father!" was but the content and implication of this reveal is different enough. Just like the movies, the reveal also adds much more complexity to the relationship between the main hero and main villain. But the nature of the relationship is different enough that it doesn't feel like the same poo poo again.

The plot being structured very differently (mostly a product of it being a game) also helped. I've long been of the opinion that kotor tried to do the same thing as The Force Awakens: recapture what was appealing of the first three movies. But it actually succeeded at it. And of course kotor 2 was a much more successful version of The Last Jedi.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Andro Dunos posted:

The Golden Globes should be three hours of celebrities getting roasted and the winners can get their awards later off-camera.

I enjoyed the fat Englishman calling all of Hollywood pedophiles, and pointing out Apple Boss Tim Apple as running a China sweatshop

Also Tom Hanks making a face at the harsh truths being said in his vicinity

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I enjoyed Marriage Story, but I think the perfect viewing experience would be seeing it in the theaters, four rows in front of a surly Brooklyner who just keeps saying “DIS FUGGIN’ BITCH” over and over again.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

General Dog posted:

I enjoyed Marriage Story, but I think the perfect viewing experience would be seeing it in the theaters, four rows in front of a surly Brooklyner who just keeps saying “DIS FUGGIN’ BITCH” over and over again.

That’s how I watched Schindler’s List

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

That’s how I watched Schindler’s List

Mel Gibson?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

BexGu posted:

Not the Yoda we know. This Yoda fucks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
*opening scroll* Another woman has come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct against Yoda, bringing the Jedi Master’s list of accusers to 17.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

420 Gank Mid posted:

no its not and I will have an aneurysm if they make this garbage instead of kotor

if kotor is the garbage you like, why the gently caress would ever want them to touch that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Told you my deepest, darkest secrets, I did.