Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Spooner:

Mann (1):

Mann (2):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Australia is really going to go down with the ship, huh?

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

The guy complaining keeps fanning the fire, agc?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Murdoch press is just going with "everything is good and fine please stop complaining" for all issues now

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

... Is he rooting for the fire? The guy has fanning the flames!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When the firies are saying "tell the prime minister to get hosed" you can gently caress off with that line Mann.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Amoeba102 posted:

When the firies are saying "tell the prime minister to get hosed" you can gently caress off with that line Mann.

“Firies?” Is that a typo, or is there an actual organized pro-fire group.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Australia is really going to go down with the ship, huh?

Trash nation full of criminals continues to be trash nation full of criminals, news at 11

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Amoeba102 posted:

"They should just stick to their job and not dabble in politics-":fuckoff:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jurgan posted:

"Firies" are firefighters.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

No Truce With The Firies

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Organised pro-fire group is the LNP.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Organised pro-fire group is the LNP.
There is probably going to be a Leak or Zanetti cartoon in the next week unironically arguing it's the Greens.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Fister Roboto posted:

No Truce With The Firies

Electrochemistry: You should take another hit of coal, just to keep you going. You want to be a cool country, don't you?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Electrochemistry: You should take another hit of coal, just to keep you going. You want to be a cool country, don't you?

Authority: Force the filthy pleb to shake your hand.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Besesoth posted:

:tipshat:

Sorry for the delay - it's been a family-intensive weekend and I haven't actually been home very much to do the editing needed.

I now have a script that runs every so often and gathers all the nominations that have been posted since the last time the script ran. I'll check in on the wiki every now and then and add any nominations from the thread that haven't been cross-posted.
Oh that's sweet, and kind of means that the wiki page for it isn't really needed, the way I originally intended it. But at the same time it might also be nice to have the nominations available for people to check during the year too. The idea was like I said to share the work, but in a way that would only work if everyone was on board, but if you want to do that and make it the place to collect the nominations anyway, then I am all for it!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

for reference, several videos have emerged on mainstream media (think about that) of firies calling out the PM for being a fuckwit while literally fighting a bushfire.

These comics are signalling for the greenies-are-behind-it-all chuds

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

My assumption was having to hide who you are around certain people.

Or it’s mentioning the secret, horrifying metamorphosis we undergo before coming out. There is twisting of bone, discarding of flesh, and blood.

Oh so much blood.

I see, I see. That was just my first assumption then because of lovely artist brain poisoning.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Are the Liberals just structurally guaranteed to win national elections in Australia or what? Acting like Morrison has would be political suicide in most places.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Are the Liberals just structurally guaranteed to win national elections in Australia or what? Acting like Morrison has would be political suicide in most places.

last election was just "the democrats will raise your taxes" except even louder and more dishonestly because the australian equivalent of the democrats aren't not racist enough to call reverse racist as a winning strategy

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

abigserve posted:

for reference, several videos have emerged on mainstream media (think about that) of firies calling out the PM for being a fuckwit while literally fighting a bushfire.

These comics are signalling for the greenies-are-behind-it-all chuds

I saw a report that he never got around to a requested meeting in April with the head firies to discuss the drought conditions, lack of equipment and manpower, and the poo poo that was likely to hit the fan in September. These people are unpaid volunteers and some look like they'll have full blown PTSD once things calm down enough to have time for it.

I guess the bootlickers working for Murdoch have to be very careful about attacking them directly even when the firies are yelling out the window of their fire engine for the PM to get hosed.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Why, you'd have to go back to Barack Obama to find a president who wasn't impeached when the other party controlled the House. And before that, it was way back in the George W. Bush presidency.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh wow, I got a lot of emotions looking at this image.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Uhhh
:wtc:
I assume this is something about trying to pit PoC and LGBT minorities against each other?

I dunno, I think it's message of having to hide who you are around certain people for various reasons even as you're out and proud around others was pretty clear. Then again, I just recently got through living this experience over the holidays so maybe I'm just on that wave length.

It's...it's a complicated mess of feelings.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Why, you'd have to go back to Barack Obama to find a president who wasn't impeached when the other party controlled the House. And before that, it was way back in the George W. Bush presidency.
it's dumb bullshit for idiots, but this was an argument put forth by McConnell a few weeks ago (meaning that it may be current day in the Stallie timeline).

Basically they're claiming that the Trump impeachment is a purely partisan affair, which opens the door for every president to be impeached on equally partisan grounds.

Since you impeached president Trump, we will be forced to impeach president Bernie, because

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh wow, I got a lot of emotions looking at this image.

I dunno, I think it's message of having to hide who you are around certain people for various reasons even as you're out and proud around others was pretty clear. Then again, I just recently got through living this experience over the holidays so maybe I'm just on that wave length.

I'm not part of the queer diaspora, but this is my reading too-- the timing seems super relevant here.

Almost everyone has poo poo that they hide from their boomer relatives, but no one has more to hide than people who aren't comfortable being out around family.

T. Bombastus fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 6, 2020

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Let's cover both bases:
Gaybies nomination: Most Willfully Dense
Gaybies nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Progressive v. Progressive Come Lately

Ted Rall posted:

Given the choice between a leftie-come-lately who used to be a Republican and someone who consistently supported progressive causes all their life, the media will fall in love with the newbie every time.

Tags: 2020 presidential campaign, activist, Bernie Sanders, Democrats, Elizabeth Warren, new, newbie, progressivism

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was trying to figure out why Rall was claiming former British Conservative Prime Minister John Major had always been a leftie but apparently that's Bernie Sanders? I know this because he wrote Bernie Sanders in his tags.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Laughing at the idea of Bernie saying "I was right all along." in response to someone having to do introspection.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Gaybies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted
Beating up ScoMo hasn't been tried yet, so I for one applaud the armchair experts for graduating from pointless commenting to direct action.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Laughing at the idea of Bernie saying "I was right all along." in response to someone having to do introspection.

Well, obviously Rall agrees with Bernie, so Bernie agrees with Rall in that explaining that you were right all along, even if you weren't, is a good thing for sane people to do

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are there two prickly cities a day now or something

what did I do to deserve this

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Help Im Alive posted:

It is life now. We all live in the prickly city. Both sides are bad, but the democrats are always worse, and more importantly we wail in agony as we continue the endless death march of the perpetual now.

Prickly Souls, coming soon for PS4.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I was feeling curious whether This Modern World had changed or gotten more interesting, and no it has not

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like I said to others, I read it another way. I can definitely see how it reads this way as well. Goodness knows I know how that goes at work the past year since I came out to myself, and only just came out to my parents about things recently.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I was feeling curious whether This Modern World had changed or gotten more interesting, and no it has not

is he the Get Your War On guy or am I remembering wrong, because if so he must appreciate being able to get back to his roots

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

is he the Get Your War On guy or am I remembering wrong, because if so he must appreciate being able to get back to his roots

No, but I think he broke out during the run-up to the Iraq War. I get why people don’t like TMW, but I remember seeing it taped to professors’ doors in those days, and it felt like a breath of fresh air, so I have residual fondness for it.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Trapezium Dave posted:

Tod, Sanders has been ahead of Warren in the polls for a month now.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ted Rall hates the prodigal son so much.

Help Im Alive posted:

There is no water to be found anymore. All the soil has transformed into worthless shifting sand. Blowing in your eyes, blinding you. Nothing can grow anymore, except for these accursed cactuses which spring up from nowhere unbidden. Even if you cut them open, there’s no water, just more sand inside, impossibly. There only purpose is to sting you as you blunder into them wandering through the sandstorm. You think you see a building in the distance, some shelter, any shelter, but it’s only an illusion vanishing as you get near. You can only scale hoodoos pointlessly, endlessly, never finding solace. Yelling into the wind to no one as you are pursued by a lone coyote. You are vaguely aware that eventually that coyote will be gnawing at your lifeless desiccated corpse.

Welcome to Prickly City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Without the speech bubble, this would be grimly funny. With the speech bubble it's just McCoy being his typical shithead self.