Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they should have at least made the entire forum have lil speech bubbles. it looks like ur av is talking
.......................\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
youre right, i wish i was just saying stuff out of my lil mouth rn

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

littleorv posted:

Come on man, I'd like adtrw to stay open for awhile after they go after uh

*checks list

TFR and GiP next

I'll ateast get the last laugh on the milspergs in GiP for probating me because of my fabulous avi

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

youre right, i wish i was just saying stuff out of my lil mouth rn
..................\

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

they should have at least made the entire forum have lil speech bubbles. it looks like ur av is talking
.......................\

That’d be good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

now that fyad is closed i am going to post racism

Can we not do this

littleorv posted:

Come on man, I'd like adtrw to stay open for awhile after they go after uh

*checks list

TFR and GiP next

Or this

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

I'll ateast get the last laugh on the milspergs in GiP for probating me because of my fabulous avi

Or this (saying spergs in 2020? Really?)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tonight i made it the furthest in mega man x6 i have ever gotten

i still can't finish the game lol gate is so loving bad i'm done

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

I will play it myself, someday, but every single time I've seen someone else play it, it looks absolutely miserable

lately I've been watching a speedrunner try to figure out how to do a reverse pacifist run in which he gets as many reploids infected as possible

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DoubleDonut posted:

I will play it myself, someday, but every single time I've seen someone else play it, it looks absolutely miserable

lately I've been watching a speedrunner try to figure out how to do a reverse pacifist run in which he gets as many reploids infected as possible

it's, an insanely terrible game. like, the perfect textbook example of what happens when you rush a game so hard that the developers have basically zero time to playtest anything about it. there's less of a challenge with mastering the game itself and more with just like. figuring out all of the insanely bizarre ways the game wants you to progress. and honestly the fact that like, it's weirdly forgiving with lives and continues and doesn't have any kind of ticking clock like x5 makes that process almost... kind of fun? in a weird way? but then you hit the gate stages and it's just like oh holy gently caress no this poo poo is literally unplayable lol

blaze heatnix is like a puzzle that you don't know you need a solution for and that the solution is just "use zero, beat infinity mijinion, use his supernuke to completely destroy every giant killer donut" and if you even dare try and attempt the stage without that weapon you'll get loving steamrolled midway through with no mercy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also the game's translation received zero proofreading or editing so you get some really funny lines

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I mean he's right.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Clarste posted:

I mean he's right.

I will never forgive Capcom for making Mega Man evil.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I will never forgive Capcom for making Mega Man evil.

I will never forgive Capcom for not making megaman legends 3. and also killing breath of fire

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Release Tron Bonne 2, you cowards.

I guess sales for the BoF games must have been bad even in Japan for Capcom to write it off as an IP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/imassc_official/status/1214426689008062464

this is also me when i see a gyaru

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onRsuph2jE

also this is actually really cool

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Furnaceface posted:

Chris from Symphogear loved buttrock so we cant be that bad. :colbert:

She also had a rocking butt.

Not enough for me to keep watching Symphogear tho.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Sympho good, plus it has real good music.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it was funny when i played the x collection and ended up liking 7 more than 6.

Mister Facetious posted:

I guess sales for the BoF games must have been bad even in Japan for Capcom to write it off as an IP.

i have not looked at their little sales summary that they update often recently, but usually the only capcom series BoF does better than is like, 1942 and commando. it's like 3rd from the bottom.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i got distracted by the iran war thing, also playing games with friends for a few days, and when i looked fyad was deleted good riddance

Hungry posted:

I really really wanted to get into Saki, but like 4-5 episodes in (I don't recall exactly) I realised a working knowledge of mahjong was kind of important to getting the most out of the show.

i knew nothing about mahjong first time i watched it and i still enjoyed it fwiw. if anything it was my gateway to learning it a couple years later :v: thanks for this

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

.......................\

The boat is saying the posts!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

I gave up the first time a reploid irreversibly died (well without reloading my save anyway)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

thats what death is
well
usually at least

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People die when they are killed
That’s the way it should be

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
STFU, I'm reviving you and you're gonna like it! :mad:

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Namtab posted:

Can we not do this

Or this

Or this (saying spergs in 2020? Really?)

yeah duh, im a petty bitch

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/ONGDAL2/status/1214257474271731717?s=20

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Replaying Breath of Fire 2 (good translation version) and I had the sudden realization that not once in any of the games do you ever have a purely human character in your party.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Replaying Breath of Fire 2 (good translation version) and I had the sudden realization that not once in any of the games do you ever have a purely human character in your party.

Thinking back on it, yeah... that's actually pretty cool.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

karn might be human

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i thought that was the entire premise/identity of breath of fire as a series

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Truga posted:

i knew nothing about mahjong first time i watched it and i still enjoyed it fwiw. if anything it was my gateway to learning it a couple years later :v:

Yeah I should probably go back and try again. I fall off a lot of otherwise great shows for external stress reasons and then forget why I stopped.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

yeah duh, im a petty bitch

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Hungry posted:

I really really wanted to get into Saki, but like 4-5 episodes in (I don't recall exactly) I realised a working knowledge of mahjong was kind of important to getting the most out of the show.

If you watch Saki without at least having the excuse of being an absolute mahjong fiend you belong in prison

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

K. Flaps posted:

If you watch Saki without at least having the excuse of being an absolute mahjong fiend you belong in prison

Bold of you to assume I haven't already committed anime crimes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

saki is very funny

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hungry posted:

No it isn't.

KONG!

KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I kept thinking to myself that I should read up on mahjong to get more out of Saki, but then everything started getting more and more supernatural and I realized that it didn't matter

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

My grandma teaching me some variation of HK mahjong has ruined me for JP mahjong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

No it isn't.

KONG!

KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG! KONG!
Facetious broke! :ohdear: