Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Your dad's old

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Always one there are. A master

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
mandalorian is a creed, not a race. so a gungan could be a mandalorian.

it is the way
it is the way
issa da way

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When are we gonna get some womandalorians

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

Those are the microscopic organisms that control the midichlorians and thus the Force.

I always picture Dr. Suess characters using elaborate, tiny machines.

So his brilliant idea for following up the race of microscopic force organisms was another race of microscopic force organisms?

That seems kinda uninspired

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I know it's a dead and beaten topic but forever lmao at midochlorians and the idea that space wizardry needed to be scientifically explained to the audience

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i have come to truly hate star wars. Id rather rim josh's rear end in a top hat

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
X3:TF doesn’t work with my $700 HOTAS setup so I can’t play the Star Wars mod that replaces everything with Star Wars so I’m sad now gently caress Star Wars

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

i have come to truly hate star wars. Id rather rim josh's rear end in a top hat

A little early to be establishing next years thread title

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
hackers 1995 is a really good film IMO

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

reignofevil posted:

When are we gonna get some womandalorians

there is one in the show

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zeta Acosta posted:

hackers 1995 is a really good film IMO

Congo is a bad one but man I love it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ingmar terdman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsERzZt9dro

back when Carrie was alive and Oscar didn't want to die

thanks, bless

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Sheen Sheen posted:

So his brilliant idea for following up the race of microscopic force organisms was another race of microscopic force organisms?

That seems kinda uninspired

George Lucas posted:

[The next three Star Wars films] were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there’s this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.

Back in the day, I used to say ultimately what this means is we’re just cars, vehicles, for the Whills to travel around in…. We’re vessels for them. And the conduit is the midi-chlorians. The midi-chlorians are the ones that communicate with the Whills. The Whills, in a general sense, they are the Force.

All the way back to — with the Jedi and the Force and everything — the whole concept of how things happen was laid out completely from [the beginning] to the end. But I never got to finish. I never got to tell people about it.

If I’d held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.

From this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what loving story is there in "the force is actually a multiple sentient beings, no not the force ghosts, different sentient beings" that ties in with the previous 6 movies

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

you loving dropped the midichlorians after a single movie george because even you realized they were stupid, you just can't bring them back

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what loving story is there in "the force is actually a multiple sentient beings, no not the force ghosts, different sentient beings" that ties in with the previous 6 movies

I guess we'll never know now

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
meesa no gotta listen to-da betta advice-a my peers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i so very badly want to understand george's brain because it has to be some bizarre non-euclidean mass

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wouldn't say I think of that picture of lucas sitting in the mall food court eating spaghetti every day, or even most days. But I do think of it some days

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i never really gave a gently caress about midochlo-whatevers one way or another

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

4.05 billion dollars

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
God could you even imagine having that much money? I could finally retire from this poo poo rear end gig as a red letter media fan. Cat blood isn't money Jay and it doesn't get you invited to disney premiers you hobbit piece of poo poo

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
The next series should be about an unrelated secret sith wizard conspiracy lurking on a hitherto unheard of planet - except this time their super weapons can blow up galaxies

Disney where are my $$& as creative consultant?

e: also they want REVENGE

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Delthalaz posted:

The next series should be about an unrelated secret sith wizard conspiracy lurking on a hitherto unheard of planet - except this time their super weapons can blow up galaxies

I get that this is only at best semi serious but I think this really illustrates that the bigger the __Thing__ that gets blown up is, the less we can care about any of the people who live on it. We can't loving relate to a galaxy getting sterilized, we can't wrap our heads around something that big.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Speak for yourself, I would actively root for the galaxy to get sterilized at this point

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ideally the first galaxy vaporized as a demonstration is our galaxy, but its for real and our cursed existence can finally end

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ideally the first galaxy vaporized as a demonstration is our galaxy, but its for real and our cursed existence can finally end

I'm afraid our Galaxy doesn't have nearly enough subscribers for that

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I can see a seed of a good idea in George's crazy Whills plot. If the sequels had had a running plot that had something to do with how the nature of the force includes life on the micro level and that collective entity can effect things on the larger scale, then maybe it could have worked in that boomer, hippie "all life is connected maaaaan" sort of way.

The way he describes it is even worse though. It would have been god awful.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I get that this is only at best semi serious but I think this really illustrates that the bigger the __Thing__ that gets blown up is, the less we can care about any of the people who live on it. We can't loving relate to a galaxy getting sterilized, we can't wrap our heads around something that big.

one of the things i appreciated about the mandolorian was how they made mundane star wars land stuff dangerous and grounded. storm troopers are still pushovers, but they're a threat in big enough numbers. a single at-st is terrifying. they managed to make a regular rear end tie fighter menacing. there's actual tension around whether or not the Thing gets blown up, despite (or because) on a galactic scale the stakes being relatively modest.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
idk it would have been funny to see what sort of muppet hoseshit he came up with for the whills. like hosed up lemming hobbit things probly

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The idea was so well thought out that he literally contradicts himself about the basic nature of what the gently caress the whills are in the span of four sentences talking about them

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

bring back old gbs posted:

idk it would have been funny to see what sort of muppet hoseshit he came up with for the whills. like hosed up lemming hobbit things probly

I was picturing Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

bring back old gbs posted:

Fraggles.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I was picturing Doozers from Fraggle Rock.

lol ya i was thinkin like these things

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you loving dropped the midichlorians after a single movie george because even you realized they were stupid, you just can't bring them back

star wars 10 directed by hideo kojima

NANOMACHINES!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

It reads like he just wants to make a sci fi Bee Movie trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

Speak for yourself, I would actively root for the galaxy to get sterilized at this point

Okay, Kreia.

Legit though, Kreia's plan to deafen the galaxy to the Force so she could kill Fate itself was a better and more existential horror focused doomsday plot than Sheev's "I've got fifty thousand star destroyers with death star lasers!" scheme.