Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
where are the nazi scalps

cmon just show me like 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

Party plane Jones was the Epstein plane

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please free all of our beautiful martyrs + make the SA Mart guy and all the other implicated mods come out and get posted at a lot for this stupid poo poo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

King of Solomon posted:

What a beautiful night of posting. Just amazing

this will live on to be one of my most vivid memories of SA I think.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

homeless snail posted:

please free all of our beautiful martyrs + make the SA Mart guy and all the other implicated mods come out and get posted at a lot for this stupid poo poo

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Zas posted:

on the one hand jeff of yospos has probably gotta go but.. then.. who will code the forums??? :qq:

Honestly I just want everyone to admit everything was a terrible loving idea and realize that maybe things should be more transparent cause the sort of insular mod culture that could convince someone it was a GOOD IDEA TO GO DEEP COVER IN RACIST DISCORDS isn't a good culture to foster!

From what I've read, Jeff of Yospos is doing good coding work and that's important. Just... everyone should step back and realize how loving crazy this idea was and think to themselves p hard about how it came to this.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

once again persecuting communists allowed fascism to thrive

the intense irony of all this is that guyovich intended to demod ppj but got hounded out by D&D before he was able to put this plan into action. this supernova of drama was entirely avoidable if liberals didn't hate communists more than they do fascists

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Verus posted:

In an online community, how the gently caress does 'infiltrating' an offsite group yield any benefit whatsoever? Any nazis that would be identified that way could easily rereg. Even if we pretend otherwise, any information hidden behind the $10 paywall could still be easily obtained by just having any non-former SA member nazi make an account.

How the gently caress does this achieve anything more compared to just banning obvious nazis when they reveal themselves on the forums? And if we're so loving gung-ho about banning nazis, then why have so many obvious shitheads gotten nothing but slaps on the wrist for years? Why is mod sass treated as a worse crime than using slurs?

There's a reason why he wasn't able to actually give any examples of people banned due to the "infiltration."

It is transparently obvious that he just enjoyed chatting in the discord. That great thing is that now he's burned bridges both on the SA side of things and on the Nazi discord (judging from that one point from one of the Nazi discord people being like "no this guy totally posted a lot and was erasing his own posts").

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

You know what's weird, I'm actually more angry now that he got revealed and self perma'ed. What the gently caress are the other admins doing coming in here and probating everyone, deleting/moving threads, and closing without comment?

What the actual gently caress are you doing?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

just pissing myself laughing, big snotty guffaws with tears streaming down my face and big piss spurts with every HA HA HA; everyone at the bar is unamused

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

All I can think about is how much better this all would have gone if i was inexplicably admin of these forums like two months ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kidd-Liggit posted:

So, where would this rank on the list of the forum's dumbest/weirdest drama?

absolutely #1, especially since the knee-jerk mod/admin reaction clearly tells us that they literally all knew for months or years lmfao

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
like how long was this going on? were Smythe and FAU aware of this poo poo? did most mods kinda know about this but were mostly like "whatever this is dumb but I'm not gonna say poo poo" or were they kept in the dark too?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

free the probies

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Grondoth posted:

Honestly I just want everyone to admit everything was a terrible loving idea and realize that maybe things should be more transparent cause the sort of insular mod culture that could convince someone it was a GOOD IDEA TO GO DEEP COVER IN RACIST DISCORDS isn't a good culture to foster!

From what I've read, Jeff of Yospos is doing good coding work and that's important. Just... everyone should step back and realize how loving crazy this idea was and think to themselves p hard about how it came to this.

i believe that the hearts of these complete loving dipshits were in the right place

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so does Nyc_Tattoo not having any posts make it more difficult to take administrative action on his account? could this be an additional reason for him not having any posts?

please dont take this question antagonistically, i'm just asking a question on how this radium code works

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

gently caress I really wanted to hear more from him, there's so much about this stupid plan that I wanted to know

I'm pretty sure there was no plan. My guess is he just started chatting there and enjoyed it and realized he needed an excuse to give other people for it.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Zoran posted:

that guy was some Nazi who suicided his own account to throw ppj under the bus

well tbf they did set a standard that the punishment for nazism is a regular ban.

calling out mods though :thunk:

screw him, just think the pattern is telling

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

When will they learn

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

now unban CC

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kaedric posted:

You know what's weird, I'm actually more angry now that he got revealed and self perma'ed. What the gently caress are the other admins doing coming in here and probating everyone, deleting/moving threads, and closing without comment?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the intense irony of all this is that guyovich intended to demod ppj but got hounded out by D&D before he was able to put this plan into action. this supernova of drama was entirely avoidable if liberals didn't hate communists more than they do fascists

lmao we could get people studying this whole thing

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

comedyblissoption posted:

so does Nyc_Tattoo not having any posts make it more difficult to take administrative action on his account? could this be an additional reason for him not having any posts?

please dont take this question antagonistically, i'm just asking a question on how this radium code works

nyc tattoo was ppj

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cant stop lolling at how stupid this is goddamn

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

littleorv posted:

I dunno if it tops the baba booey manifesto or the old adtrw mod meltdown post but its pretty loving good

Considering how many mods were involved in trying to stifle it I think this is a clear winner

I'm counting 4.5 from where I'm sitting

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Also:

homeless snail posted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

El Burbo posted:

free the probies

I don't think a week would kill anyone but considering the lunacy of that op I have to agree

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Making up a fake story saying you were spying on people while posting in a discord is so loving cool. What a king

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

there's a lot of nazis in that gbs thread

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

There's a reason why he wasn't able to actually give any examples of people banned due to the "infiltration."

It is transparently obvious that he just enjoyed chatting in the discord. That great thing is that now he's burned bridges both on the SA side of things and on the Nazi discord (judging from that one point from one of the Nazi discord people being like "no this guy totally posted a lot and was erasing his own posts").

nazi guy had to literally reveal himself to get perma'd. the sailor moon meme is incredibly accurate

Beatwad
Jun 18, 2005
Sending PPJ into Shadow Moses only he gets discovered by leaving footprints and immediately gets lit up

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

homeless snail posted:

Please perma NYC_Tattoos mods, it's the only way.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Doublestep posted:

where are the nazi scalps

cmon just show me like 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Kaedric posted:

I'm constantly amazed at how you guys can't even enjoy winning.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)