Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

comedyblissoption posted:

so does Nyc_Tattoo not having any posts make it more difficult to take administrative action on his account? could this be an additional reason for him not having any posts?

please dont take this question antagonistically, i'm just asking a question on how this radium code works

How can we be sure that Nyc_Tattoo isn't some Nazi acting like a goon in order to fit in and spy on us. Just asking some questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Grondoth posted:

Honestly I just want everyone to admit everything was a terrible loving idea and realize that maybe things should be more transparent cause the sort of insular mod culture that could convince someone it was a GOOD IDEA TO GO DEEP COVER IN RACIST DISCORDS isn't a good culture to foster!

From what I've read, Jeff of Yospos is doing good coding work and that's important. Just... everyone should step back and realize how loving crazy this idea was and think to themselves p hard about how it came to this.

maybe, just maybe, it was known a century ago that unreformed technical experts are a necessary evil but need a commissar to keep them honest

if he needs buttons for development purposes, fine, but if he touches them outside of that it should be under immediate review

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

In Training posted:

absolutely #1, especially since the knee-jerk mod/admin reaction clearly tells us that they literally all knew for months or years lmfao

yeah what the holy poo poo is this

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Storysmith posted:

im permabanned moderator partyplanejones58. i first started reading nazi discords when i was 35. by 37 i started getting real obsessed with the idea of “spying” and tried to channel it constantly,

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

like a poo poo ton of em

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kaedric posted:

You know what's weird, I'm actually more angry now that he got revealed and self perma'ed. What the gently caress are the other admins doing coming in here and probating everyone, deleting/moving threads, and closing without comment?

What the actual gently caress are you doing?

they are powerfully retarded and were the ones who thought it was a good idea in the first place lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Reaaaally want to see the mod chat on all this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i believe that the hearts of these complete loving dipshits were in the right place

This is fair

This is the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen and I don't understand how EVERYONE didn't go "what? no, don't do that" once he explained it to literally another person. A single other one. This is an obvious terrible idea that accomplishes nothing unless what you want to do is talk with racists while maintaining some deniability about chattin' up those racists.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
ok i think i'm on the come down from all this, but luckily there are plenty more mdos and admins to make things exciting again

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
dude

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008
good work everyone

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

once again persecuting communists allowed fascism to thrive

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the intense irony of all this is that guyovich intended to demod ppj but got hounded out by D&D before he was able to put this plan into action. this supernova of drama was entirely avoidable if liberals didn't hate communists more than they do fascists

if only we didn't run the genocide explainer out of the forums

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thug Lessons posted:

I'm constantly amazed at how you guys can't even enjoy winning.

who is that person.

who the gently caress are half these people

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

What a beautiful night of posting. Just amazing

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

GrimGypsy posted:

just pissing myself laughing, big snotty guffaws with tears streaming down my face and big piss spurts with every HA HA HA; everyone at the bar is unamused

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
free Benghazi 2 and cc and lastgirl. free all the people who got seven days in nyc_tattoo's insanity. Demod and ban nyc_tattoo.

Jeffrey of yospos, you need to resign. you are apparently a ringleader in one of the dumbest spy operations of all time. you put people here on sa at substantial risk to run a harebrained scheme that could have been completely compromised. we're relying on the moderators as judges of character to say that PPJ definitely was not ever turned and didn’t do anything wrong in order to buy credibility. who is going to respect you? anyone can quote your post from the Reopen QCS thread at you to own you forever.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Imagine trying to explain the past few hours to someone unfamiliar with Something Awful or Discord.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

After all this the result is something no one asked for and is more extreme. What a failure on so many levels.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

did we steal their ISK?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Grondoth posted:

I know, I really really know

Like, on what PLANET did everyone just nod along and go "yeah, this makes sense" instead of just saying "let's just ban these fuckers here, I don't get why you need to be in a racist discord?"

Yeah, there are a couple that make sense, but I don't understand people like Helsing or Main Painframe going along with this.

GulagDolls posted:

at least the spy operation uncovered that capri sun tzu guy, uh, in a manner of speaking.

Is that the guy who said he was on the same discord and posted a graph of PPJ's posts?

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
Gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

Grondoth posted:

This is fair

This is the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever seen and I don't understand how EVERYONE didn't go "what? no, don't do that" once he explained it to literally another person. A single other one. This is an obvious terrible idea that accomplishes nothing unless what you want to do is talk with racists while maintaining some deniability about chattin' up those racists.

dude thats tight

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

the intense irony of all this is that guyovich intended to demod ppj but got hounded out by D&D before he was able to put this plan into action. this supernova of drama was entirely avoidable if liberals didn't hate communists more than they do fascists

once again the succs betray the revolution smh

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
PPJ self-permabanning is definitely him taking the easy way out unless the mods actually decide to address all this bullshit in a meaningful way other than probating people for making fun of them

Grymauch
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Re-regging to throw Lowtax $10 because I haven't laughed this hard in years

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

so maybe... hear me out.. maybe since this is the funniest thing that's happened on the forums in years... we let the current staff stay on? work on a sequel??

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

From the GBS thread

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Man I'm supposed to be thinking or considering or something but all my mind can turn to is how funny this would be if I were a regular user.

lmao at jeffrey

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Honestly I'm glad this happened because it was loving hilarious. I hope the mods who knew about this can do some self reflection on this and realize how absolutely insane it was and become better people.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

GulagDolls posted:

nazi guy had to literally reveal himself to get perma'd. the sailor moon meme is incredibly accurate
That Nazi guy was in the screencaps PPJ posted, and had posted in the Reopen QCS thread earlier.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Zas posted:

so maybe... hear me out.. maybe since this is the funniest thing that's happened on the forums in years... we let the current staff stay on? work on a sequel??

they'll just try to do the same thing again. gotta get new actors to spice it up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

Imagine trying to explain the past few hours to someone unfamiliar with Something Awful or Discord.

imagine trying to explain the past few hours to someone

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?

Grondoth posted:

This is fair

It's baffling this "plan" roped so many people into going along with it, any mod/admin that was involved need to step down just for the absolutely poor decision making involved in this poo poo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

PPJ is sentenced to reading that post out loud to his mother, forever

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah man something just clicked with me

this is why they've been so stupidly cagey about adding new mods

they either had to perform extensive sweeps of their secret forum to keep this secret from new arrivals, or could only take on new mods they could trust to not immediately blab to the community about this insanely stupid plan

it's just stupid all the way down

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm supposed to be working but I can't turn away

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

imagine trying to explain the past few hours to someone

Yes hello, VICE News.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Iospace...no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Zoran posted:

free Benghazi 2 and cc and lastgirl. free all the people who got seven days in nyc_tattoo's insanity. Demod and ban nyc_tattoo.

Jeffrey of yospos, you need to resign. you are apparently a ringleader in one of the dumbest spy operations of all time. you put people here on sa at substantial risk to run a harebrained scheme that could have been completely compromised. we're relying on the moderators as judges of character to say that PPJ definitely was not ever turned and didn’t do anything wrong in order to buy credibility. who is going to respect you? anyone can quote your post from the Reopen QCS thread at you to own you forever.

qft and signed