Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Schnorkles posted:

i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

Schnorkles is forever unborked. They cannot be borked. I post with Schnorkles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SunAndSpring posted:

the thing that really amazes me is that apparently all those posters just post under the same name as they have on SA and like, they all got banned by other mods. the loving dude in gbs who posted that ppj spent way more time on their discord than any other was on there and had the same name. what loving worth was any of this poo poo, lmao
That really is a serious :thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Shortest Path posted:

This is a really loving good question.

it's because when you become a mod/admin you start posting in the mod/admin only forum and build permanently insular relationships and that's why they all stick up for each other long long past the point where they should've reasonably cut ties

Grymauch
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

so your saying a commie got replaced by someone who was being paid by the state department?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
free lastgirl

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Grymauch posted:

How does this stack up against the jack-booted catlady mod purge from the 2010s?

that never got 1300 people in one subforum hooting and hollering at once

much more drawn out, slow burn

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

mystic pimp posted:

i guess i am still just in shock that the nazi discord discovered who "jones", the undercover alter ego of sa moderator party plane jones, was within 5 minutes of him joining. no idea how that couldve happened

hello, my name is mr senoj

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

i just want to quickly state that ppj perma banning himself not only wasn't necessary, it is the consequence of a series of terrible decisions made by the moderation team over the last few weeks.

The administration has not acted in good faith, not engaged in good faith, and just done whatever the gently caress it felt like. Whenever a forum would get out of hand, we'd get a few paragraphs of "oh here you go now go away and shut up" and it was loving absurd.

Here's the reason this matters:

This is a community. We exist in this community. Some of us care deeply about other members of this community. With your total ineptitude, you have shattered portions of OUR community. My friends are gone. They can't or won't come back, and it is completely and totally because of your actions. We stay and get angry because we WANT to be here, and we want to work with moderators who engage with us in good faith and are part of the community that we built.

If you can't understand that, and its clear that basically none of you do, then you need leave. And now.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I just wanna know why the Coupons mod, of all things/people, came out swinging so hard here lmao

He's old school, he was probing for mod sass

Not a joke

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
free crazy cloud

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mcclay posted:

mods knew.

did lowtax know?

all lowtax knows is mcdonalds, break he neck, be estranged from his daughter, eat pain pills and lie

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
free benghazi 2

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

I just wanna know why the Coupons mod, of all things/people, came out swinging so hard here lmao
it literally looks like a coordinated op

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

mcclay posted:

mods knew.

did lowtax know?

What did lowtax know, and when did he know it?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
most importantly FREE FUCKIN SNOO

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
General amnesty for all C-SPAM posters

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

comedyblissoption posted:

this is so incompetently handled im almost convinced he might be a spook b/c of the history of d&d moderation
this whole place is spooky

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'll be honest, I thought the FYAD/CSPAM war's next turn was going to be CSPAM getting closed for trying to close GIP or something, I didn't expect it to be, "And now the mod they've been warring with will have turned out to be a Triple Agent."

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mcclay posted:

mods knew.

did lowtax know?

it was literally his discord

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stair wanted me to post his dying words

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

I don't know if anyone with the right buttons is reading this thread but please, I implore you: goldmine the reopen qcs thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720) and the Hello, CSPAM thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802)

they are bona-fide classics everyone will get together and laugh about later (and now, because loving lmao are you kidding?!?)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol fyad lobbyists pouring into gbs

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

a helpful bear posted:

free lastgirl

benghazi 2 and crazy cloud as well

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

That really is a serious :thunk:

like so far the only example of PPJ doing anything is giving another mod a heads-up that photos of their house was being shared online, which is good but also basically the only thing that i'm aware of that he did. You figure it'd be more effective to just have a bunch of riled up goons figure out a way to legally ratfuck people who do nerdy doxxing poo poo on offsites rather than send secret agent man in under his actual name

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did jones even tell anyone he was permaing himself or did he just do it and now the mods dont know what the gently caress

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's because when you become a mod/admin you start posting in the mod/admin only forum and build permanently insular relationships and that's why they all stick up for each other long long past the point where they should've reasonably cut ties

Select mods by sortition
Make the mod forums anonymous

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

the thing that really amazes me is that apparently all those posters just post under the same name as they have on SA and like, they all got banned by other mods. the loving dude in gbs who posted that ppj spent way more time on their discord than any other was on there and had the same name. what loving worth was any of this poo poo, lmao

deep cover surveillance op, months of telephonic intercepts and hundreds of megabytes of discord chat log detailing their network, all that work destroyed by perfidious spammers

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im lolling at the fact that loving chairmaster kickstarted this entire chain of events like the world's most pathetic rube goldberg machine

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

mystic pimp posted:

i guess i am still just in shock that the nazi discord discovered who "jones", the undercover alter ego of sa moderator party plane jones, was within 5 minutes of him joining. no idea how that couldve happened

probably reposted some twitter links

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

animist
Aug 28, 2018

In Training posted:

it was literally his discord

i got the impression from something that he wasn't aware of how infested it got tho

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I'll be honest, I thought the FYAD/CSPAM war's next turn was going to be CSPAM getting closed for trying to close GIP or something, I didn't expect it to be, "And now the mod they've been warring with will have turned out to be a Triple Agent."

logik is still aorund, maybe hes doin some wild poo poo 2

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
How many heads on pikes does cspam have now

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!
So this op was so secret, they had to gently caress around with permissions and poo poo to make sure new mods didn't find out about it all while PPJ was using the same name. Cool

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Homeless Friend posted:

logik is still aorund, maybe hes doin some wild poo poo 2

Logik at least loving posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Endorph posted:

wait