Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

blue fuckin falcon right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/Stop_Trump20/status/1213982243854704640?s=20

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hey so, I know the Joe Rogan dislike is real here. We all understand that he enables people that shouldn't be given an audience. I think a lot of us agree that when he talks comedy or goes without a titillating guest, he's not an awful person, just kind of a generic moron with the ability to kick with the power of a camel.

Anyhow, this is Joe staring through the looking glass, especially at the end, last two and a half minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdi8KWeUrlY

You can practically see his brain breaking at the end.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hey so, I know the Joe Rogan dislike is real here. We all understand that he enables people that shouldn't be given an audience. I think a lot of us agree that when he talks comedy or goes without a titillating guest, he's not an awful person, just kind of a generic moron with the ability to kick with the power of a camel.

Anyhow, this is Joe staring through the looking glass, especially at the end, last two and a half minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdi8KWeUrlY

You can practically see his brain breaking at the end.

Oh boy, Joe Rogan is SPOOKED!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh boy, Joe Rogan is SPOOKED SHINY!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
gently caress that idiot fascist enabler

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

Yeah that's the guy.

Edit: urban legend before-there-was-a-forum Sgt. Zeno from the Pentagon who used to call the Mojave Phone booth from the Pentagon on the regular, before the Mojave Phone Booth was widely known.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/nzzkgb/mojave

Zeno posted on SA too. Before that he was a mainstay on the alt.tasteless USENET newsgroup. He's a good guy, and funny too. I hope he's living his best life.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Force de Fappe posted:

Zeno posted on SA too. Before that he was a mainstay on the alt.tasteless USENET newsgroup. He's a good guy, and funny too. I hope he's living his best life.

He did.post here, why I brought it up. Had some great pictures. Retired now I think.

I don't recall him from USENET, but it was a big place from 1993 on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

You'll get no disagreement from me, it's just great watching his brain break at the end. Like he was developing a conscious, but then it was probably commercial for MeUndies time and the thought of the paycheck washed that guilty feeling away.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/wyattreed13/status/1214641652498866176?s=20

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

He did.post here, why I brought it up. Had some great pictures. Retired now I think.

I don't recall him from USENET, but it was a big place from 1993 on.

Aw, I'm a shithead. I think he stayed mostly in AT, definitely one of the solid regulars. That place had some serious quality posts up through the ages.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Flat Stanley in the Pentagon was hilarious. He's still around, just doesn't post much.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Joe Rogan is a great resource for MMA. I listened to him give a primer on the state of MMA in the pre-thanksgiving drive towords MMA watching family. Only white guy I listen to about martial arts and the concept of sport violence.

His clips show in my feed, but I don't click on the Nazi's. *flicks spliff, floats off the lotus position, 2 eyes closed cuz I only need my 3rd to travel my commute*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's pretty much the gist of my Rogan consumption. I don't really care about MMA, so swap that out for when he has comedians on. That video auto-started while I was taking a poo poo. Xbox controller being out of reach, I just let it run.

The Stephen Tyler interview was interesting because Stephen Tyler is insane. Same for Tom Delonge. I like the appeal of a pothead just listening to people ramble and having a discussion. It's more fun to listen to Doug Benson getting other comedians and guests stoned as gently caress, just having a time. I need to listen to more Doug. Dude's just chill. Admittedly dumb and chill.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Watched that linked Rogan video thinking it might be him challenging a guest over notions of Iran or something but it’s just a moron blathering on about poo poo he doesn’t understand.

At least he managed to nail the concept that war is bad and there are unstable regions in the world?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So Joe Rogan is for people of below average intelligence who want to hear someone talk about politics and stuff in a way that won't make them feel challenged or inadequate?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The only thing Joe Rogan is good for is being the janitor / handyman on Newsradio don't @ me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I generally don't give a poo poo about his politics, but I don't listen to every episode or base my politics off his guests. I think he'd do better to step away from talking to politicians altogether. Take that video for the crack ping at the end, it's the best part. Well, that and the George Lopez joke.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I generally don't give a poo poo about his politics, but

TBF, neither does he and that's why he platforms shitheads

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Valid point.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

his podcasts with comedians and scientists are fun. i dont listen to the politicians or youtuber episodes

idk some people are cool with him here and its weird that so many are so against him. im not watching him for political news and insight, i wanna see joey diaz talk about coke stories from the 80s

jfc not everything you guys watch needs to be award winning perfection. just watch stupid poo poo who cares we're all gonna die

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Joey Diaz telling fart/poo poo stories is one of the greatest things ever.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

joey diaz rules and i could listen to his stories forever. dude has lived a few lives

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will stop scrolling for any Joe Rogan talking to someone about Epstein. I still got that Epstein Brain. I keep scrolling for anything more complicated. But yes, dude speaks to me in the same language I learned at 12 years old in the stripmall dojo parking lot.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Joe Rogan is an idiot that gives garbage a platform, and just because you’re not watching the videos with the nazis spewing their trash, doesn’t mean you’re not boosting his platform and enabling those nazis as well.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
Rogan is cool because he does not care about politics or pearl clutching. He is open minded and "platforms" indiscriminately. It is refreshing in the current environment.

The Alex Jones Returns episode is comedy gold.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mzuri posted:

Rogan is cool because he does not care about politics or pearl clutching. He is open minded and "platforms" indiscriminately. It is refreshing in the current environment.

The Alex Jones Returns episode is comedy gold.

Source your quotes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Joe Rogan is an idiot that gives garbage a platform, and just because you’re not watching the videos with the nazis spewing their trash, doesn’t mean you’re not boosting his platform and enabling those nazis as well.

idgaf i wanna laugh and im never gonna care

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Internet Wizard posted:

What are your views on paying federal taxes?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Joe Rogan doesn't kick dogs and sometimes yeah he talks to a dog hitter, but he's funny af

I just don't watch the ones with dog hitters.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

What are your views on paying federal taxes?

Nah, internet wizard is right

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
My thick as bricks ex roommate followed a path from casual joe rogan/bill hicks podcasts onto hard support for the insane anti pc culture alt right YouTube commentators. He now 100% supports Trump and now believes Hillary Clinton is having people asassinated on the regular and Soros controls all media.

Giving these people a platform will for sure lead to people with poor critical thinking getting radicalised.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bill hicks died long before podcasts

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just listen to Cum Town.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Everyone I know who is enthusiastic about Joe Rogan is an O3 combat arms chud.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
The guy I know who is a Joe Rogan devotee is ineffectual lower middle management with a bloatee, who I sporadically see halfassing it at the gym.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Look, I know losers of all types that like Joe Rogan.

None of them match any profile other than being dipshits who equate contrarianism as "uncomfortable truths" and are solid whataboutists over any ideology that challenges a straight white male status quo.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nevermind

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
One of my exes was huge into pot, psychedelics, DMT and Joe Rogan's podcast.

She loved him and Sam Harris, who seems to be a douchebag, too.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 9, 2020