Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
IK edit: nope

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Sharkopath posted:

Another trans poster just got probated for saying that outside of the insular cspam community some forums do not like benghazi 2 very much.

Everybody keeps doing this over and over again because people really only post in their own chat threads and dont communicate with others and that's how all of these problems started in the first place.

Just because a trans person is probed doesn't mean they were probed for being trans. That has little to do with it.

There's a reason why C-SPAM seems insular and it has everything to do with PPJ and his hostility to it. Like I understand the concern, but I'm not saying this due to Benghazi 2 being posting buds or something, I'm saying this because the mod line has been we C-SPAM terrorists were the real problem and it's laughably been revealed to be bullshit.

This is your normal "gee I don't like Nazis, but I'm worried about these antifa people" liberalism.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Grymauch posted:

I'm in the Nazi discord business, and cousin, business is ok-boomerin

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

littleorv posted:

Goldmine the loving ppj Nazi hunter reveal thread for gently caress sakes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

small ghost posted:

Yeah. Honestly I like Jeff, I'm glad he's around and coding and I'm not calling for his blood, but this was the weakest poo poo after months of weak poo poo and it's just disappointing as all hell.

I thought he was ok too but this has been shambolic

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember, CSPAM's current goals are:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
2. Make CSPAM a top-level forum with our own mods
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

Anything that isn't related to those things is wasted energy and antipraxis

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

asecondduck posted:

Excellent points, all. Here's an amended version:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

The Five C-Spam points are tools against this 'b-but what about the insular commies and anarchists' poo poo thats slowly trickling in here. FYAD should remain loving buried.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

just want to point out that the groverhaus is ostensibly still standing

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
PPJ and logik welcoming new posters:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

foobardog posted:

This is your normal "gee I don't like Nazis, but I'm worried about these antifa people" liberalism.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
cspam is the most welcoming subforum on here now. posters from all walks united to make fun of ppj until he pulled a yukio mishima

THS
Sep 15, 2017

asecondduck posted:

i agree with this, and i agree with the priority of the demands

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Hey wait a second did me trying to kill myself lead to ppj becoming a weird ironic Nazi because of bad discords and end up finally stepping down? I mean I'm not proud of the poo poo I put LK through but that's pretty funny.

Think about everything you would have missed if you had succeeded. Glad you are still here.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Sharkie posted:

:qq: just because they tolerate transphobia and love being bigots doesn't mean they're nazis :qq:

lol gently caress off, if you want to cry about fyad go start a thread over it

There's no need, they can just go to this thread's version in gbs, which has completed its evolution into yet another fyad advocacy zone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

asecondduck posted:

This is a powerful manifesto

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

THS posted:

just want to point out that the groverhaus is ostensibly still standing

and to think you fuckers all doubted the load bearing drywall

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

asecondduck posted:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

dex_sda posted:

I thought he was ok too but this has been shambolic

jeff is fine as forums mechanic but he has shown himself to be bad at forums moderation decision making and decisive action

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
All C-SPAM wants to do is accuse each other of being trots in peace and post permutations of trump.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

asecondduck posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

foobardog posted:

calling people here antifa is like calling a glass of water, tea

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

drat, it looks like Idiocracy has become a documentary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mystic pimp posted:

cspam is the most welcoming subforum on here now. posters from all walks united to make fun of ppj until he pulled a yukio mishima

lets be honest it was more of a budd dwyer

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh, neat, turns out IKs can goldmine threads!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

foobardog posted:

Just because a trans person is probed doesn't mean they were probed for being trans. That has little to do with it.

There's a reason why C-SPAM seems insular and it has everything to do with PPJ and his hostility to it. Like I understand the concern, but I'm not saying this due to Benghazi 2 being posting buds or something, I'm saying this because the mod line has been we C-SPAM terrorists were the real problem and it's laughably been revealed to be bullshit.

That's accusing a poster of being a bigot or at least nazi aligned not for supporting or showing any sympathetic tendencies towards them (bigots and nazis), but because they disagree with the popular perception of a poster in the forum and explained it in a courteous and simple manner, and then shutting them down with probation without giving them any oppurtunity to elaborate.

I'm uncomfortable with that honestlike, and it has nothing to do with a political ideology so the comparison doesn't seem very apt to the situation to me.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
personally on the edge of my seat waiting for another huge announcement from an admin that somehow makes things even worse

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

There's no need, they can just go to this thread's version in gbs, which has completed its evolution into yet another fyad advocacy zone

Close theirs.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

:eyepop:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
look if ppj was lying to the other mods about being on nazi discords to spy on them, there's the possibility he was lying about everything else; that puts into question almost every single moderation decision that's happened both in C-SPAM and D&D, about a dozen of which involve dickeye and crazy cloud

if you wanna restore trust, and I think you should want to restore trust after such a loving massive breach of trust, you have to look at their permas in context, and see that there's enough suspicion there that they need to be undone

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

WampaLord posted:

:bisonyes:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

Rip your buttons.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

asecondduck posted:

五大訴求,缺一不可

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Oh hell yeah my man

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

asecondduck posted:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

thanks for the heads up I didn't see that thread before :cheers:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ElNarez posted:

look if ppj was lying to the other mods about being on nazi discords to spy on them, there's the possibility he was lying about everything else; that puts into question almost every single moderation decision that's happened both in C-SPAM and D&D, about a dozen of which involve dickeye and crazy cloud

if you wanna restore trust, and I think you should want to restore trust after such a loving massive breach of trust, you have to look at their permas in context, and see that there's enough suspicion there that they need to be undone

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

WampaLord posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Wampa please do the thing, I would v much like to check off at least one thing from the demands today, even if it is the lowest priority one