Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Undo the bans you cowards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
so will there be repercussions for all those week probes?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Party Plane Jones "undercover" IYKWIM :godwinning:

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Flesh Forge posted:

C-SPAM about to cross 1000 active readers mark lmao

pretty sure it was way higher when this was all going down last night at like 1AM EST

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i also find it funny that crazy clouds mostly unsubstantiated shitposts probably would have just been ignored if party plane jones hadnt charged in here and made a thread explaining how the nazi discord thing was both real and good

could not have been bothered this entire time to just talk to cspam and listen to cspams concerns like a sane sensible mod would but impugn his internet honor with nazi discord rumors whoa that necessitates his immediate full attention

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

pretty sure it was way higher when this was all going down last night at like 1AM EST

I wouldn't know I was very busy doing something that definitely was not jerking off all night

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Funny how once PPJ gets permad that it turns out that the whole thing is his fault and he tricked all of the other innocent mods and admins. Incredibly though every single poster on the forums saw through the stupid story the nanosecond KM posted about it. But all the mods were simply tricked because of this one guy, you know, the one who already got punished.

yeah it is absolutely incredible that this is where the admins' thin blue line crap took them and lol at anyone willing to believe on their say-so that this particular thing they got outed on was an anomaly, one bad apple, or otherwise not representative of a vast sea of equally asinine bullshit we just haven't been told about

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 8, 2020

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Working an overnight job where i cant check thr forums is a blue balls star blast i tellya

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

People hounding guyovich obsessively because he made a dozen went blanket posts in bernie threads was so stupid. Also making "genocide denier" a meme because he mocked US propaganda - when the US lies all the time - was liberal bullshit

i want to see guyovich readminned just so he can quit and turn it into that simpsons gif where the sanitation head comes back to fanfare only to immediately leave saying that the town is screwed

same episode that was referenced earlier with the five miles down the road thing not that i have any idea at this point which thread that was posted in

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

C-SPAM about to cross 1000 active readers mark lmao

it broke 1300 easily last night

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also posting to get in on C-SPAM's own groverhaus before it gets deleted :grovertoot:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im alive

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Excellent points, all. Here's an amended version:

Remember, CSPAM's current goals are:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
2. Make CSPAM a top-level forum with our own mods
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

Anything that isn't related to those things is wasted energy and antipraxis

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The leaks were funny because mods confirmed the leaks. This episode of forums drama is like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This gets crazier every time I look at it

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some Guy TT posted:

part of what makes this hard is that content is spread across like four or five threads at this point and theres never enough context to guess which one is being referred to or whether its one youve read or not

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909346&pagenumber=76&perpage=40

is marx force ghost someones alt i cant tell whether they were the whistleblower or were just banned for repeating the whistleblowers whistling

So we're at the point where it's

Bad mods: hang out on Nazi discords, ban good posters, refuse to engage with the community
"Good mods": believe the bad mods obvious bs, cover for them, do nothing in a crisis

I'm starting to think all the actual good mods resigned a month ago because they saw this coming even if they didn't know the exact shape of it lmfao

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mystic pimp posted:

3. goldmine the qcs thread and ppj's statement thread because they're one of the funniest things that's happened on this forum in years especially because they are incredibly embarrassing for the mods

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Party Plane Jones "undercover" IYKWIM :godwinning:

each swastika represents one (1) nazi discord infiltrated

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is like letting a pile of oil soaked rags collect in your goon hovel while also keeping all your nazi memorabilia in a fire proof safe.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

asecondduck posted:

Excellent points, all. Here's an amended version:

Remember, CSPAM's current goals are:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

CSPAM has hit its peak of funny with this. Better close it down before it becomes FYAD.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Bad mods: hang out on Nazi discords, ban good posters, refuse to engage with the community
"Good mods": believe the bad mods obvious bs, cover for them, do nothing in a crisis

I'm starting to think all the actual good mods resigned a month ago because they saw this coming even if they didn't know the exact shape of it lmfao

LK has at least acknowledging that he hosed up and apologized, making him the best mod involved in this whole shitstorm by default.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

asecondduck posted:

Yeah, let's not start infights here. Remember, CSPAM's current goals are:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, and now Scoops (who was the first person to post the PPJ info)

Plus it's also beneficial for the mods because 1. is like a 'sorry for the drama!' and would reduce a ton of anger/hostility while 2. would help prevent more drama in the future

It's win win

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

remind me who the he and i are supposed to be in that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lmao Shengji Yang

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

guyovich of all people has had the best response by saying his master plan was to get rid of party plane jones before he got ran out of the forums for genocide denying

im choosing to believe hes telling the truth because the idea that he was going to solve this one problem and then quit but then decided we could all go gently caress ourselves is extremely funny

Lol where did homex post this

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow Lightning. Just Wow. At least he apologized which is better than what other mods and admins have done.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress are there even SA-sanctioned Discords in the first place?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Are you saying smythe was good

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Some Guy TT posted:

you and me

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

iirc this is from ppj's lmao defense post, describing him talking with lowtax about his gaming garbage discord

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lol. Sorry we got caught guys! I'm one of the good ones I swear!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, there has to be a middle ground that avoids mob rule but lets everyone have transparency into the mods and how decisions are made. This entire plan thrived due to a lack of transparency.

correct. this whole thing stems from mods thinking of the whole situation as forums tribalism.

us (posters) vs them (mods)

when ultimately we're all just posters on a big dumb site, the mods should be a part of the community that's there to remove people making GBS threads it up, not ruling over it like a loving fiefdom granted by king lowtax lmao, because you know what doing that causes? it causes you to be party to someone abusing their powers so they can be a secret nazi, and you're left looking like the worlds biggest sucker or worse, complicit.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Just from an HR standpoint, if your hiring process is literally a closed system where a largely homogenous group is picking their favorite person apparently primarily on the standard that they will keep the boat from rocking, you're going to get bad selection after bad selection. Which, shockingly, is exactly what we got over and over.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

hey im free i was freed who do i thank?

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

hey im free i was freed who do i thank?

the brave posters in the gbs thread for tellin jeffrey to undo the probes

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why the gently caress are there even SA-sanctioned Discords in the first place?

I guess we had to give kiwi farms and other perma banned posters a place to hang out

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Modrasone posted:

I run down a line of guys with swastika facial tattoos lighting tiki torch after tiki torch. I glance over my shoulder at the rest of the mod team who are giving me thunderous applause. "PRAXIS!" they bellow in unison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

LK has at least acknowledging that he hosed up and apologized, making him the best mod involved in this whole shitstorm by default.

on the one hand yeah I don't want to blame people for being lied to, on the other yeah you should be real suspicious of any mod not acknowledging their fuckup and the massive breach of trust that happened